Chicago Theater Auditions
Backstage's theater auditions in Chicago include acting jobs in musicals, plays, major equity productions, local nonunion theaters and more.
The following listings display acting jobs, auditions, and character breakdowns for Chicago theater, updated daily.
- Performances run in St. Louis, MO.
- Auditions: Mar 22 in St. Louis, MO
Casting "The Diary of Anne Frank" (rehearsals begin Sept. 15; runs Oct. 9-Nov. 2) and "Sight Unseen" (rehearsals begin Feb. 16; runs March 12-29).Feb 27
- Performs Summer 2014 in Fish Creek, WI.
- Auditions: Mar 20, 21 in Chicago, IL
Casting the 2014 season of Peninsula Players. Shows include: "The Tin Woman" (Rehearsals begin May 30; runs June 17-July 6); "And Then There Were None" (Rehearsals begin June 18; runs July 9-27); "The Mystery of Irma Vep" (Rehearsals begin July 19; runs July 30-Aug. 17); "Butler" (Rehearsals begin July 31; ...Feb 26
- Season runs Sept. 7, 2014-May 24, 2015 in Milwaukee, WI.
- Auditions: Mar 17, 18, 19 in Chicago, IL
Casting Milwaukee Repertory Theatre's 2014-15. Season includes: "The Doyle and Debbie Show" (LORT D); "The Color Purple" (LORT B); "After All the Terrible Things I Do" (LORT D); "Liberace!" (LORT D); "Harvey" (LORT B); "Good People" (LORT B); "The Beautiful Music All Around Us" (LORT D); "The Amish Project" (LORT ...Feb 26
- Shows run year round.
- Auditions: Mar 18 in Eastpointe, MI
Casting "The Murder Mystery Company Presents: Detroit!" Casting director states: "The Murder Mystery Company has been active in the national theater community for over ten years and is third in record ticket sales in the US. Our shows run year round with a multitude of fun themes changing periodically to ...Feb 25
- Rehearsals begin in September; runs October 24-November 2 in Chicago, IL. Participation may also be requested at a fundraising gala on May 31, as well as an additional fundraiser with date TBD.
- Auditions: Mar 13, 16 in Chicago, IL
Third Eye Theatre Ensemble is casting its inaugural production of "The Medium," a musical by Gian Carlo Menotti.Feb 17
- Principals begin rehearsals May 27 in L.A.; non-principals begin rehearsals based on city location (Boston June 19, Philadelphia June 26, Washington, D.C. July 3, Charlotte, July 10); performs June 19-22 in L.A., June 26-29 in Boston, MA, July 3-6 in Philadelphia, PA, July 10-13 in Washington, D.C. and July 17-20 in Charlotte, NC. Note: Principals will be flown to L.A. for rehearsal. Non-principals will be cast from each city and will rehearse in city from which they are cast.
- Auditions: Mar 30 in Chicago, IL and Apr 12 in Philadelphia, PA and Apr 13 in Wasington, DC and Apr 5 in Matthews, NC and Mar 31, Apr 1, 2 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Brothers of the Knight," an adaptation of the classic Brothers Grimm tale, "The Twelve Dancing Princesses." "Brothers of the Knight" recounts the adventures of the youthful Knight brothers who, for reasons known only to themselves, leave torn-up shoes by their bed every morning. Forbidden to dance; the boys sneak ...Feb 17
- Rehearses and performs Spring 2014-Fall 2015 in Hannibal, MO.
- Auditions: Mar 14, 15 in Hannibal, MO
Bluff City Theater is seeking talent for its 2015 season and beyond. BCT is a new artist-driven, professional theater company with an emphasis on literary works that bridge the gap between books and stage. Company states: "By 'artist-driven,' we mean that we plan to select our productions based largely on ...Feb 16
- Rehearses weekdays, 9:30 a.m.-1 p.m. beginning March 18 in Northbrook, IL.; runs April 5-May 10 for school groups in the Chicago, IL area. Actors will be given at least two weeks’ notice for school day performances.
- Seeking submissions from: Northbrook, IL
Casting "The Musical Adventures of Flat Stanley," a musical. Project description: "Stanley Lambchop is your ordinary, everyday, run-of-the-mill ten-year-old: normal mom and dad, normal little brother, normal life. That's just the problem...for Stanley, life is too normal. He wants to travel the world, do something amazing, something no one's ever ...Feb 10
- Performances run weekends, May 3-18 in Chicago, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "Nunsense," a musical comedy about an unfortunate convent cooking accident causes most of the order of the Little Sisters of Hoboken to die of botulism. In order to raise money to bury the four dead sisters, the Little Sisters of Hoboken put on a riotous revue packed with song ...Feb 10
- "Two Gentlemen of Verona" rehearses June 16-July 3 (Mon.-Thurs., 6:30-10 p.m., and Sat.-Sun. 2-6 p.m.); tech will be held July 1 & 2; runs July 5-20 plus touring dates in Evanston, IL. "Romeo and Juliet" rehearses June 30-Aug. 8 (Mon.-Thurs., 6:30-10 p.m., and Sat.-Sun. 2-6 p.m.); tech will be held Aug. 5 & 7 (2-6 p.m.); indoor tech will be held Aug. 15 (6:30-10 p.m.) and Aug. 19 & 21 (8-10 p.m.); runs Aug. 9-Sept. 7 (outdoors) and Aug. 22-24, 29, and 30 (indoors) in Evanston, IL.
- Auditions: Mar 15, 16 in Evanston, IL
Casting a one-hour version of "Two Gentlemen of Verona" for tours, and a full-length production of "Romeo and Juliet" to run indoors and outdoors as the mainstage production for the Muse of Fire Theatre Company.Feb 05
- Performs April 4 at 7:30 p.m. at The Dramatist Guild Theater Space in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL; New York, NY
Casting "The Dream Cafe Musical!," a staged reading by Katie O'Regan.Jan 21
- Rehearses June 2-July 16; runs July 17-Aug. 10 in Elm Grove, WI.
- Auditions: May 12, 13 in Elm Grove, WI
Casting "Gypsy," a musical. Project description: "Based on the Broadway hit about the life and times of burlesque dancer Gypsy Rose Lee and her aggressive stage mother, Mama Rose."Dec 31
- Rehearses April 28-June 4; runs June 5-22 in Elm Grove, WI.
- Seeking submissions from: Elm Grove, WI
Casting "On Golden Pond," a play. Project description: "The loons are back again on Golden Pond and so are Norman Thayer, a retired professor, and Ethel who have had a summer cottage there since early in their marriage. This summer their daughter Chelsea - whom they haven't seen for years ...Dec 31