Chicago Theater Auditions
Backstage's theater auditions in Chicago include acting jobs in musicals, plays, major equity productions, local nonunion theaters and more.
The following listings display acting jobs, auditions, and character breakdowns for Chicago theater, updated daily.
- The Dinner Detective performs year-round, typically on Sat. nights (call time 4-5 p.m.) at the Embassy Suites, 850 Tower Dr., Troy, MI, with occasional weekday & off-site shows. No rehearsals aside from pre-show speed run-through of script each week. Producer states: "Availability for all Saturdays will not be a determining factor in casting; we will be able to work around conflicts."
- Auditions: Oct 28, 29 in Troy, MI
Casting "The Dinner Detective," a murder-mystery show. Producer states: "'The Dinner Detective,' as performed across the country from L.A. to Chicago to Boston, is the largest, award-winning, interactive comedic murder mystery dinner show in the U.S. The shows are set in the present day, which means no cheesy costumes, no ...14 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin February 27, 2016, in Chicago, IL. Runs March 31-May 1.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "Dreams of the Penny Gods," a play. Project description: "Bug is just your average 13-year-old girl who happens to have been born into a criminal family that's hiding out in a storage facility. So naturally, she's transformed herself into a high priestess who's trying to raise the dead. On ...yesterday
- Rehearsals begin November 10 in Chicago, IL. Runs December 3-7.
- Auditions: Oct 15 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Merry Christmas, Mulch Pile!", a musical. Project description: "Santa Claus is done with Christmas. No more gifts, no more carols, no more cheer. While on his final sweep of the globe, Saint Nick befriends Laura, a young trans woman just coming to terms with her identity. He spends his ...yesterday
- Rehearsals and shows in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Nov 15 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Oh Coward!", a musical. Project description: "a musical revue in two acts devised by Roderick Cook and containing music and lyrics by Noël Coward."yesterday
- Rehearsals begin in January 2016, and will take place on varying days Monday-Friday 7-10 p.m. and Saturdays 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Commitment will be two- to four rehearsals per week. Performances run March 11-20, 2016, in the Performing Arts Center at Harper College, 1200 West Algonquin Road, in Palatine, IL.
- Auditions: Dec 3, 4, 6 in Palatine, IL
Cast "The Tempest," a play. Project description: "Adapted for the stage and directed by Laura Pulio Colbert, with original music by Steve Goers, this non-traditional adaptation of William Shakespeare’s 'The Tempest' will incorporate music and movement. Dancers, gymnasts/tumblers, and singers are encouraged to audition."yesterday
- Producton dates TBD in Chicago, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "There Are No Good Men Because There Are No Good Women," a stage play regarding relationships.Saturday
- Currently running on Broadway and touring.
- Auditions: Nov 7, in Chicago, IL and Nov 8, in Chicago, IL and Dec 12, 13, in Atlanta, GA and Jan 16, 17, in Toronto, ON and Mar 12, 13, in DC and Apr 9, 10, in Orlando, FL and Apr 12, 13, in Miami, FL and Apr 30, May 1 in Frisco, TX and May 7, in New Orleans, LA
Casting performers for the Broadway, touring and international productions of Disney's "Aladdin" and "The Lion King."Thursday
- Orientation Oct. 16 (6:30 p.m.); rehearses Oct. 19-Nov. 19 (weeknights 6-10 p.m.; weekends TBD); runs Nov. 20, Dec. 1-3, 8-10, and 14-17 (3-8 p.m.); Nov. 21, 27, and Dec. 4-6, 11-13, and 18-23 (10 a.m.-8 p.m.); Nov. 28 (Winterfest; 10 a.m.-9 p.m.). Nov. 22 & 29 (11 a.m.-7 p.m.), and Dec. 24 (10 a.m.-3 p.m.) in Cleveland, OH.
- Seeking submissions from: Cleveland, OH; Chicago, IL; New York, NY
Casting Kringle’s Inventionasium, a 60-minute, fully immersive, interactive theatrical experience developed in Cleveland by the Mr. Kringle Company, LLC in association with the Mr. Kringle Licensing Group. Description: The Inventionasium is Mr. Kringle's top-secret inventing laboratory. Guests tour different departments, explore each area, and engage in hands-on activities to help ...Thursday