Chicago Theater Auditions
Backstage's theater auditions in Chicago include acting jobs in musicals, plays, major equity productions, local nonunion theaters and more.
The following listings display acting jobs, auditions, and character breakdowns for Chicago theater, updated daily.
- Currently running on Broadway and touring.
- Auditions: Nov 7, in Chicago, IL and Nov 8, in Chicago, IL and Dec 12, 13, in Atlanta, GA and Jan 16, 17, in Toronto, ON and Mar 12, 13, in DC and Apr 9, 10, in Orlando, FL and Apr 12, 13, in Miami, FL and Apr 30, May 1 in Frisco, TX and May 7, in New Orleans, LA
Casting performers for the Broadway, touring and international productions of Disney's "Aladdin" and "The Lion King."11 hours ago
- Orientation Oct. 16 (6:30 p.m.); rehearses Oct. 19-Nov. 19 (weeknights 6-10 p.m.; weekends TBD); runs Nov. 20, Dec. 1-3, 8-10, and 14-17 (3-8 p.m.); Nov. 21, 27, and Dec. 4-6, 11-13, and 18-23 (10 a.m.-8 p.m.); Nov. 28 (Winterfest; 10 a.m.-9 p.m.). Nov. 22 & 29 (11 a.m.-7 p.m.), and Dec. 24 (10 a.m.-3 p.m.) in Cleveland, OH.
- Auditions: Oct 10, 11, 12 in Cleveland, OH
Casting Kringle’s Inventionasium, a 60-minute, fully immersive, interactive theatrical experience developed in Cleveland by the Mr. Kringle Company, LLC in association with the Mr. Kringle Licensing Group. Description: The Inventionasium is Mr. Kringle's top-secret inventing laboratory. Guests tour different departments, explore each area, and engage in hands-on activities to help ...16 hours ago
- Plays in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Nov 2, 4 in Chicago, IL
Casting Male and female Actors for the upcoming 2016 season featuring "Body/Courage" (Rehearsals begin Dec. 7; runs Jan. 28-Feb. 27), "Dry Land," (Rehearsals begin Mar. 21, 2016; runs Apr. 30-May 28, 2016), and "Grizzly Mama" (Rehearsals begin Aug. 1, 2016; runs Sept. 10-Oct. 8, 2016).yesterday
- Runs Oct. 13 (7 p.m.) at Village Tap, 2055 W. Roscoe St., Chicago, IL. Sign-up begins at 6:30pm.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "The Make Ready: A Reading Series." Project description: "The Make Ready" is a reading series that gives playwrights a chance to hear their work read out loud in front of an audience. Every piece is cast on the evening and given a cold read. There are a wide variety ...yesterday
- Rehearsals begin Nov. 5; runs Nov. 20-Jan. 2 (mostly daytime matinees, with four shows on the weekends) at Easton Town Center, Columbus, OH.
- Auditions: Oct 18 in Columbus, OH
Casting "Home for the Holidays," a holiday musical revue of traditional and contemporary songs. Seeking a small cast of six: two strong female vocalists (soprano/alto) who can move; two strong male vocalists (tenor/bass) who can move; and two strong dancers (ballet/tap/jazz) who can sing (flexible age range, 20-40).Tuesday
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 27, 2016; runs Mar. 24-May 1, 2016 Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Oct 17 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Dreams Of The Penny Gods" in which Bug, your average 13-year-old girl who happens to have been born into a criminal family that's hiding out in a storage facility, transforms herself into a high priestess who's trying to raise the dead and on this particular summer day, her incantations ...Monday
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 1, 2016; previews begin Feb. 19; closes May 15 in Valparaiso, IN.
- Auditions: Oct 14 in Chicago, IL
Casting "New Country," a play. Synopsis: In "New Country," handsome, charismatic, Country music star Justin Spears is a rich, famous, cavalier, with an ego at the top of the charts. It's Justin's bachelor party on the eve of his wedding day, and his ruthless managers, Paul and Chuck, try in ...Monday