Chicago Theater Auditions
Backstage's theater auditions in Chicago include acting jobs in musicals, plays, major equity productions, local nonunion theaters and more.
The following listings display acting jobs, auditions, and character breakdowns for Chicago theater, updated daily.
- Fall season runs Sept. 18-19 thru Dec. 19-20. There will be no shows Halloween weekend or Thanksgiving weekend. Cast meetings will be once a month. Shows run every Friday and Saturday night at 10:30-11:30 p.m. Call time is 10 p.m. and the show typically runs late.
- Auditions: Sep 9 in Chicago, IL
Seeking full-time cast members for the eighth season of "Thirsty: The Premier Improv Drinking Party" at the Apollo Studio Theater.yesterday
- Rehearsals begin September 10. Opens November 21, 2015. There will be up to five performances per week through January 3, 2016. No performances on Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Years Day. The production schedule will observe the Jewish High Holidays calendar. All performances will be at Theater Wit, 1229 W Belmont Avenue, Chicago, IL. 60657
- Auditions: Sep 10, 13 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Angina Pectoris," a play. Project description: "A comedy that posits the ridiculous, and (of course) antics definitely ensue. But the humorous situations help to uncover deeper issues and, in so doing, identity in a wider and multicultural context is explored."Friday
- Rehearses evenings & some weekends, October 26-December 11, at Li'l Buds' Edgewater Studio. Show runs December 12-27, on Saturdays and Sundays at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m., with one Monday evening performance on December 21, at Theo Ubique's No Exit Café, 6970 N Glenwood Ave, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 21 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Tinsel! The Musical." Project description: "The story of a nearsighted reindeer's rise from life as a clumsy waitress in Frosty's diner to being a famous recording artist. 'Tinsel! The Musical' will put the star on top of your holiday season with its unique blend of country, jazz, blues, and ...Thursday
- Rehearsals will begin around mid-December 2015, and the production will run late February to early April, 2016, in the Athenaeum Theatre, Studio Three, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 31 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Zoyka's Apartment," a play. Project description: "A tragic farce in three acts surrounding the aristocratic Madame Zoyka, who turns her apartment into a dressmaker's shop. The play takes place during the Soviet equivalent of the roaring '20s, while the country is seething with economic discontent and everyone is scrambling ...Thursday
- Rehearsals begin September 28. The show runs November 6-21, in Cicero, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 1 in Cicero, IL
Casting "Dracula," a play. Project description: "Lucy Seward, whose father is the doctor in charge of an English sanatorium, has been attacked by some mysterious illness. Dr.Van Helsing, a specialist, believes that the girl is the victim of a vampire, a sort of ghost that goes about at night sucking ...Thursday
- Runs at The Public House Theatre, 3914 N. Clark St., Chicago, IL 60613.
- Auditions: Sep 22, 23, 27 in Chicago, IL
Seeking actors for The Public House Theatre's 2015-2016 Ensemble. The Public House Theatre in Lakeview is home to some of Chicago’s finest sketch comedy and theatre. They’re seeking a few powerfully creative minds to join the ensemble that creates, writes, directs, and performs in the majority of their productions. Now ...Thursday
- Rehearses Nov. 5; runs Nov. 18-Dec. 23 in Oakbrook, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 8 in Oakbrook, IL
Casting "A Christmas Carol," a play.Thursday