Chicago Theater Auditions
Backstage's theater auditions in Chicago include acting jobs in musicals, plays, major equity productions, local nonunion theaters and more.
The following listings display acting jobs, auditions, and character breakdowns for Chicago theater, updated daily.
- Shows run year-round in the Detroit, MI area.
- Auditions: Mar 12 in Eastpointe, MI
Seeking theatrical/improv actors for The Murder Mystery Company. Casting director states: The Murder Mystery Company has been active in the national theater community for over ten years and is third in record ticket sales in the U.S. Our shows run year-round with a multitude of fun themes changing periodically to ...yesterday
- Rehearses four-six wks. (typically weeknights and Sat. afternoons; director is responsible for scheduling); runs mid-to-late April 2016, with possible preview performance a wk. or two prior at the annual Gender Matters conference hosted at GSU, at Governors State University, University Park, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL; University Park, IL
Seeking a visiting director for spring 2016 for Governors State University’s Department of Theatre and Performance Studies. Program coordinator states: "With a recently launched major, the undergraduate program in Theatre and Performance Studies (TAPS) provides students with an innovative and engaged approach to performance. Bridging theory with practice, the verbal ...Tuesday
- Productions rehearse and perform in Milwaukee, WI.
- Auditions: Mar 9, 10, 11 in Chicago, IL
Casting the 2015-16 Season for Milwaukee Repertory Theatre. Season includes: "Back Home Again: The Life of John Denver" (Randal Myler, dir. Rehearsals begin Aug. 18; previews begin Sept. 11; opens Sept. 13; closes Nov. 8); "Dreamgirls" (Mark Clements, dir. Rehearsals begin Aug. 25; previews begin Sept. 22; opens Sept. 25; ...Monday
- Rehearses and performs in Macon, MO.
- Auditions: Feb 28 in Macon, MO
Casting Maples Repertory Theatre 2015 season. Season includes "The Curious Savage" (runs June 9-July 17); "Pump Boys & Dinettes"; "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" (runs June 30-Aug. 9); "Arsenic and Old Lace" (runs Sept. 15-Nov. 1).Monday
- Rehearsals begin June 1. Shows run through August 2, in Raton, New Mexico.
- Auditions: Mar 20, 21 in Chicago, IL
Two Pigs Productions is casting its summer stock season.Saturday
- Rehearses days, beginning mid-March in Highland Park, IL. Performances run April-May, in the morning and early afternoon, Tuesdays-Thursdays. There will be no weekend rehearsals or performances.
- Auditions: Mar 2 in Highland Park, IL
ImprovPlayhouse is casting the play "The Diary of Anne Frank," and the musical "Seussical the Musical." Actors may be cast in both shows depending upon availability and production requirements.Saturday
- Shooting a few days between late February and mid-March, in Chicago, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "Picture of a Poisonous Poisonous," an independent feature film. Project description: "A charming but dangerous photographer ruins the lives of his clients. In a quest to find the root of his insanity, he confronts his past and even tries to make friends. Meanwhile, you can only break people for ...Saturday
- Shows run May 8-10, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Mar 8, 9, 10 in Oak Lawn, IL
Casting "45 Seconds From Broadway," a play. Project description: "A Neil Simon comedy set in a cheap diner just off Broadway in New York City. A large cast of zany theater types pop in and out through four slice-of-life sketches about the Great White Way."Friday
- Production runs for three weekends, April 17-May 3, in Elmhurst, IL.
- Auditions: Mar 1, 2, 3 in Elmhurst, IL
Casting "Cash on Delivery," a play. Project description: "A fast-paced British farce about a con artist who has duped the welfare authorities for years by claiming every type of benefit for the innumerable people he claims live at his address. This scam nets him tens of thousands tax free. Just ...Friday
- Shows April 24-May 9, in Batavia, IL.
- Auditions: Mar 1, 2, 3 in Batavia, IL
Casting "Wonder of the World," a play. Project description: "After discovering her husband's dark secret, Cass sets out for Niagara Falls to search for all the things she's missed in life: getting a sidekick, making friends with a clown, having random sex with a stranger... things like that. Add a ...Friday
- Rehearsals begin July 13; runs Aug. 7-8 in Indianapolis, IN.
- Auditions: Mar 8, 15 in Indianapolis, IN
Casting "Twelfth Night," a play.Friday