Dance Auditions NYC
Backstage's dance auditions in New York City include casting for a variety of projects from classical ballet to hip hop.
New casting calls for dancers are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display dance jobs in NYC. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
Posted: Apr 14
- Contract runs from late September/early Octorber to early January (depending on the role in which you are cast) in NYC.
- Auditions: May 18, 19 in New York, NY and May 20, 23, 24, 25, 26, in New York City, NY
Seeking a diverse cast of Rockettes, male and female dancers, male and female vocalists, little people performers, and little girls (ages 10-14) to perform in the 2016 production of The Radio City Christmas Spectacular in New York City.
Posted: Apr 13
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 6; runs Oct. 4-30 in Westport, CT.
- Auditions: May 11, 12 in New York, NY
Posted: Mar 31
- Training course takes place July 11-15, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at Dancing Classrooms NYC, 25 West 31st Street, 4th Floor in NYC. Note: If accepted, you must be available for the entire training course.
- Auditions: May 18 in Plainview, NY
Seeking dancers, actors, and educators who are interested in becoming Certified Teaching Artists for the internationally acclaimed social development, arts-in-education residency program Dancing Classrooms: Transforming Lives One Step at a Time. Company states: "Created by Pierre Dulaine and his dancing partner Yvonne Marceau, Dancing Classrooms is the subject of two ...
Posted: Mar 30
- Rehearsals begin June 27 (three hours a day on weekdays); runs July 18-Aug. 7 (three performances) in Manhattan.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; NJ; PA; NY
Casting "Furniture: The Musical," a quirky new musical by playwright and lyricist Natalie Lifson and composer Jeffrey Schmelkin that will be produced in New York City by the Midtown International Theatre Festival. Synopsis: The musical, approximately 35 minutes long, is about the lives, loves, and interactions of the sentient pieces ...
Posted: Mar 29
- Currently running on Broadway.
- Auditions: May 18, 19, in New York, NY
Casting Equity singers who move extremely well and Equity dancers who sing extremely well for possible future ensemble in "Jersey Boys," with music by Bob Gaudio, lyrics by Bob Crewe, and book by Marshall Brickman & Rick Elice.
Posted: Mar 28
- Shifts are Mon.-Fri. (5:45/6:15 a.m.-11:15/12:15 a.m. and 4-9 p.m.) and Sat.-Sun. (7:45 a.m.-1:30/2:30 p.m.) in NYC. Need to commit to two to three shifts per week.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking a client services representative for Refine Method, a growing boutique fitness studio with three locations in NYC. Coordinator states: "Founded in 2010 by Harvard grad Brynn Putnam, Refine specializes in small group, high-intensity interval training. Refine has been called 'New York’s Smartest Workout' and featured in numerous publications, including ...
Posted: Mar 25
- Rehearsals begin July 4; runs July 21–Sept. 4 at The Fireside Theatre in Fort Atkinson, WI.
- Auditions: May 7 in New York, NY
Seeking Equity and non-Equity dancers who sing and act well for a production of "Singin' in the Rain."
Posted: Mar 23
- Currently running on tour as the 25th Anniversary Tour.
- Auditions: May 11, in New York, NY
Seeking classically trained Equity dancers for possible replacements in the currently running Production Tour of "The Phantom of the Opera" with music by Andrew Lloyd Webber, lyrics by Charles Hart, additional lyrics by Richard Stilgoe, and book by Richard Stilgoe and Andrew Lloyd Webber. Based on the novel ‘Le Fantôme ...
Posted: Feb 24
- Rehearses May 16-20 in New York, May 23-27 in Provincetown; runs June 3-Sept. 11 in Provincetown, Massachusetts.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Post Office Cabaret," a contemporary, non-union dance show with an all-male cast, and performances throughout the summer season in Provincetown, Massachusetts (on Cape Cod.) There are burlesque aspects to this show and there is on-stage nudity. There will be mildly erotic elements to portions of the show.
Posted: Jan 15
- Intensive runs May 31-June 10 (10 a.m.-4 p.m.) in Washington, D.C.
- Seeking submissions from: Washington, DC; New York, NY
Seeking participants for the Company E Summer Intensive for dancers. Coordinator states: "Spend an extraordinary two weeks with a contemporary dance company that spends its year on the road. Learn the dances we dance from Havana to Tel Aviv. Train with teachers who teach all over the world, in our ...