Acting Auditions in Los AngelesFilter by popular productions:
Backstage's acting auditions in Los Angeles include film, television, commercials, theater, and voiceover roles.
New LA casting calls are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display acting jobs, auditions, and character breakdowns for L.A., Hollywood, and Southern California.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox. Backstage: Your LA casting resource on the West Coast.
- Shoots Apr. 1-3 in Orange, CA.
- Auditions: Feb 13 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "The Home We Build," which explores the complicated world of love and relationships, and how despite our best efforts, love can sometimes fade away, where anxiety stricken and frustrated Rachelle attempts to rekindle her feelings for her husband on the night of their anniversary party.Sunday
- Rehearses in the spring in California; shoots in the fall in L.A. and Malibu, CA.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting an untitled supernatural thriller film about a young wife in her 20s who searches for her missing punk rocker husband after a mass murder in Malibu. Producer states: "The script is based on the book 'Camille Laurent & Punk Rockers: Skull Scrapers Possessed' by Paul Dawson. You can read ...Sunday
- Shoots Mar. 4-6, 18-20 in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA; Orange, CA
Casting "The Dark Night," a short student film. Synopsis: Rosetta Willyums and Henry-Jake Jenkinson are both loners in their own right, but when an innocent Craigslist personal ad brings them together, they must face a dark night full of miscommunications and mishaps.Sunday
- Schedule to be finalized with some flexibility to your availability. Initial Choreography Training begins last week of March, goes thru April. Dance Coaching provided regularly May-June (July-Aug. off), Sept.-Oct. rehearsals. Dress rehearsal first week of November. Performs Nov. 11 (8 p.m.) in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting lead male dancer for high-profile live performance filmed by award-winning production crew. Coordinator states: "The audience of 800 influential entertainment industry execs will be in attendance of an annual charity gala in Santa Monica and this dance performance is the main event of the evening that everyone is coming ...Sunday
- Rehearsals begin mid-March in North and West Hollywood; previews June 2-7; Hollywood Fringe Festival takes place June 9-26.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Life's a Bitch and So Am I," a drag show with a story...a love, hate, love story. Synopsis: With the help of his off-the-wall friends, Diva Divine, a young, successful, egomaniacal “drag queen from hell,” plots to win his ex-boyfriend/drag-show partner, the Queen Bitch, back by any means necessary.Sunday
- Rehearses March 22-May 5 (Tues. and Thurs., 9 a.m.-12 p.m.) at the Salesian Youth Renewal Retreat Center, 8301 Arroyo Dr., Rosemead, CA; performances for the children's hospitals will depend on the convenience of the hospital to maximize the patient attendance; performances for the elementary schools will be Tues. and Thurs. mornings at the schools.
- Auditions: Mar 1, 3, 8, 10 in Rosemead, CA
Casting "The Hare Who Cried Ant," a play for The Actors Project, which is celebrating five years of touring elementary schools. Artistic director states: "This spring season, we will be bringing back one of our past shows, 'The Hare Who Cried Ant,' to tour children's hospitals and a few elementary ...Sunday
- Rehearses Feb. 20-28; shoots Mar. 4-7 & 11-13 in San Diego, CA.
- Auditions: Feb 15 in San Diego, CA
Casting "Secret of the Happy," a student film for San Diego State University. Synopsis: A timid loner reevaluates his philosophy of happiness when he learns the secret of how to escape his past and start living in the present.Saturday
- Rehearses March 4; shoots March 5-6 in Riverside, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA; Redlands, CA; Riverside, CA; San Bernardino, CA
Casting "What's My Age Again?" a short film. Synopsis: A teenage girl fights with her father in the middle of the night and is kicked out of the house. While wandering the streets, she gets bitten by a vampire and learns what it means to be a monster.Saturday
- Shoots Feb. 27-28, March 5-6 in the L.A. area.
- Auditions: Feb 19, 20 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "No Such Thing," a USC student short film. Synopsis: Two teens from different socioeconomic backgrounds fall in love and face the intrusion of reality when one of the them has to make a decision about college.Saturday