Auditions for MoviesFind:
Backstage's audition for movies include major studio films, independent films, and student film productions.
New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following casting notices display productions and roles for movies. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearses Fall 2015; shoots Oct. & Nov. 2015 for two weekends in CT.
- Seeking submissions from: Boston, MA; New York, NY; Hartford, CT; New Haven, CT; Middletown, CT; Springfield, MA
Casting "Nightside," a short film shot on 16mm chronicling the late-night hours at a local news station. This is a Wesleyan University thesis film.Monday
- Shooting September 25-29, in Austin and Elgin, TX.
- Seeking submissions from: Austin, TX
Casting for the independent short film, "Hare." Project description: "Two middle school boys find freshly abandoned baby rabbits while out playing."Monday
- Rehearses Winter, 2015 (in South Carolina); shoots in Spring and Fall, 2016 in South Carolina in 2016.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting "Pieces of Me (Part I)," a feature film. Synopsis: A young female introvert has dreams of becoming a writer, loses her father to cancer before penning her first novel, and explores her previously neglected sexuality in the process.Monday
- Shoot is TBD in AZ.
- Seeking submissions from: Phoenix, AZ
Casting "VLOVE," a feature length film by Chris Holland & Mandi Harrison. Project description: "Follows a couple through the first five years of marriage as they experience issues that could make or break a relationship - all while committed to a third person in the marriage-a video blog. H&H Imagine ...Monday
- Shoot is TBD in Tucson, AZ.
- Auditions: Aug 8 in Tucson, AZ
Casting "Into the Canyon," a short film. Project description: “A short film about a woman who ventures across a desert wasteland to search for her husbands killers. This is a western film with a touch of fantasy."Monday
- Shooting August 17, in New Orleans, LA.
- Seeking submissions from: New Orleans, LA
Casting for the independent feature film "Craftique." Project description: "The wacky world of craft shows and their participants all mockumented up for everyone to see."Monday
- Shoots July 30-Aug. 2 in CT.
- Seeking submissions from: Stamford, CT; Bridgeport, CT; Brooklyn, NY; Darien, CT; New York, NY
Casting "Gone Before Us," a graduate level student thesis film for Sacred Heart University. Synopsis: A group of distanced friends decide to visit one of their family cabins after the death of a mutual friend, Sam. Once they settle in and the alcohol begins to flow, a supernatural force arrives. ...Monday
- Shoots Aug. 7 (9-12 p.m.; 3-9 p.m.) in L.A.
- Auditions: Aug 2 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "The Dream," a student film. Synopsis: One day, Jamie finds her psychologist Dr. Jones' phone number and calls her to talk about her weird dream she had last night. Jamie tells Jones that she only remembered a little piece of her dream and it's about someone's death. So Jones ...Monday
- Rehearsals TBD; shoots Aug. 7 in Las Vegas, NV.
- Seeking submissions from: Las Vegas, NV; Henderson, NV; Boulder City, NV; North Las Vegas, NV
- Shoots one day btwn. late Aug. and early-Sept. 2015 (trailer) and Nov.-Dec. 2015 (film) in FL.
- Seeking submissions from: Lakeland, FL; Tampa, FL; Orlando, FL
Casting the teaser trailer for "The Ignited." Synopsis: Thrust into a reoccurring nightmare, John pursues the woman of his dreams; only to be confronted by her lover, leaving him on the floor of a pub, drenched in gasoline.Sunday
- Shoot date to be determined (1 full day) first week of September 2015 in New York, NY.
- Auditions: Aug 8, 9 in New York, NY
Casting "Abduct" for Frieze Film London/ Channel 4 (UK).Sunday
- Shoots Aug. 12-18 in L.A.
- Auditions: Aug 2, 3 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "To the Arms of a Neon Light," a USC student film. Synopsis: Strangers, Rickey and Syd cross paths one night in a greasy 24/7 burger joint. Rickey is eating her last meal in L.A. before moving back to Michigan. Syd is spending her first L.A. paycheck. After convincing Rickey ...Sunday
- Rehearses Aug. 2015; shoots mid-Sept. 2015 in Tri-state area.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; NJ
Casting the lead male role for "24 Hours of Love," a short film.Sunday
- Rehearsal dates TBD at the Frank Sinatra School of the Arts in Astoria, Queens; shoots Aug. 7 in Queens, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "O:nen," a pilot for a short film. Synopsis: Ashley is a young girl with a curious personality. Snooping through her parents' things, she discovers at a young age that she is adopted. Unable to come to terms with her newfound reality, she finds herself running into trouble more and ...Sunday
- Shoot dates TBD in Florida.
- Seeking submissions from: FL
Casting "The Blind Leading the Blind," a feature film. Synopsis: Mataeo Bodelli, a boxing-style fighter, fights on a Native American reservation that is home to a population of shunned generations of people. He's been known for losing while still entertaining the spectators. The death of his grandmother leaves him with ...Sunday