Auditions for MoviesFind:
Backstage's audition for movies include major studio films, independent films, and student film productions.
New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following casting notices display productions and roles for movies. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearses third and fourth week of Nov. 2015 (exact dates TBD); shoots Dec. 4-6 & 12 in NYC.
- Auditions: Oct 12 in New York, NY and Oct 13 in New York, NY
Casting 'Powell Bluff," a new short film from SVA. Synopsis: A charismatic house painter runs the risk of getting caught when he steals on the job from two unsuspecting homeowners.Saturday
- Rehearses immediately; shoots Oct.-Dec. 2015 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting an NYC-centric feature, "Neighbors," which follows the stories of 10 different characters during a single day in the city.Saturday
- Shoots Oct. 28-Nov. 1 with pick up shots weekends in November in L.A. Note: Each role will be needed 1-3 days; exact dates for each role are TBD.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Nature Napped," a pilot. Synopsis: The endless traffic, the smoggy air, the plastic people: can you really blame anyone for wanting to escape Los Angeles? Enter Mike, an account manager for a camping supply company. Every day he deals with people and companies heading out into the uncharted wilderness ...Saturday
- Shoots TBD in Las Vegas, NV.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA; Las Vegas, NV
Casting "Waiting on a Ghost," a small budget indie short film shot for a music video to be released late October 2015 for the band Good For Grapes. Synopsis: Our modern day cowboy is on the road in search of someone or something. Instead of dealing with an uncomfortable situation ...Saturday
- Tentative shoot dates are in the first quarter of 2016; 3-4 days shoot, 1-2 days post ADR, 1 day sfx. Casting personnel state: "Shooting in Louisiana, preference is Louisiana based actors. However, we will consider other actors that understand this is a non-union shoot (no exceptions)."
- Seeking submissions from: Baton Rouge, LA
Casting an untitled supernatural horror set to shoot in Louisiana in early 2016. This is the filmmaker's second short film. The director's, Brent Sims, first short film(Grave Shivers) was programmed at over 35 film festivals and has landed his work at some of the largest production companies in Hollywood. Sims ...Saturday
- Shoots Nov. 13 (morning-afternoon) and Nov. 14 (late evening) in Granada Hills and Woodland Hills, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: San Fernando Valley, CA
Casting "V.Life," a student film. Synopsis: After struggling with an online life simulation game, Candice seeks out a crack to cheat the game. But her overwhelming success at the game leads to strange events which put into question the innocence of both the game and Candice.Saturday
- Possible rehearsal Oct. 14; shoots Oct. 23-25 in Austin, TX.
- Auditions: Oct 9 in Austin, TX
Casting "Cottonwhite," a student film. Synopsis: A paranoid widower encounters a familiar ghostly presence at his home in South Texas.Saturday
- Rehearses Oct. 10-11; shoots Nov. 21-22 in NYC.
- Auditions: Oct 10, 11 in New York, NY
Casting "The Real Reggie," a comic coming of age story and nonunion undergraduate NYU student film.Saturday
- Shoots TBD Dec. 2015-Jan. 2016 in Central NJ.
- Seeking submissions from: Sayreville, NJ; NJ
Casting for "Cabin," a winter campy/horror film revolving around a cabin in the woods, a group of high school/college friends, group secrets and a twisted torturer/killer who may not let them survive. Taking the over-used plot of college girls in peril and turning it on its head, will the 5 ...Saturday
- Rehearses Oct. 19 at the Illinois Institute of Art Chicago; shoots Oct. 23-24 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Oct 20 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Unmasked Remedy," a short horror film about a young girl who is bullied by two other girls and kidnaps them to satisfy her abusive father's and uncle's sick pleasures.Saturday
- Workshop meets Oct. 7 (2-3 p.m.) in NYC. Note: Do not submit if you are not available for this time.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking actors interested in participating in the NYU Director's Workshop. Actors will be given a scene and go through rehearsal techniques with an up and coming NYU Tisch Undergraduate director in front of the class.Saturday