Auditions for MoviesFind:
Backstage's audition for movies include major studio films, independent films, and student film productions.
New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following casting notices display productions and roles for movies. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Shoots Feb. 25-Mar. 6 in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA; Orange, CA
Casting "All Quiet on the Homefront," a graduate-student film for Chapman University. Synopsis: In this early 1920s period film, Bhagat Singh is honorably discharged after serving in WWI and is granted U.S. citizenship only to have it revoked days later on the grounds that he is not a “free white ...Feb 01
- Rehearsals and shoot dates (three) late Feb.-first weekend in March in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Seasons Change," a student film. Synopsis: After drunkenly airing her dirty laundry during her birthday karaoke night, established music supervisor Elise Kohl must fight to retain the relationships with her two closest friends.Feb 01
- Shooting begins mid-February in L.A.
- Auditions: Feb 13 in Santa Monica, CA
Casting "The Emerged," a student film about August, a college student caught in the midst of the emergence of an evil demon on her Apache reservation home.Feb 01
- Shoots late-February early-March, in New Orleans, LA.
- Seeking submissions from: New Orleans, LA
Casting for the student film, "Bo."Feb 01
- Rehearses and shoots late February in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Saw," an episode of an NYU Tisch School of the Arts web series. Synopsis: Lucy wakes up one morning to find her mother crying, but not for the reasons one might come to initially expect.Feb 01
- Shooting in April or May, in Boston, MA.
- Seeking submissions from: MA
Casting an untitled feature film. Project description: "About an unforgettable incident that impacted Boston, the nation, and the world."Jan 31
- Rehearses and shoots in March in New Haven, CT.
- Seeking submissions from: New Haven, CT; New York, NY
Casting "All-Night Blues,” a student film. Synopsis: An introverted radio DJ, Aldo, is followed out of a bar one night by a strange woman, Jen, who seems to have a concussion. Jen convinces Aldo to help her stay awake all night so she doesn’t fall into a coma; Aldo hesitantly ...Jan 31
- Shoots May-June in Northern, NJ.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; Northern, NJ
Casting "The Yaku and the Undefeated," a martial arts drama project.Jan 31
- Rehearsal dates TBD (weekends and potential weekday eves.); shoots mid-April in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "#OpenSeason," a student thesis film for Brooklyn College. Synopsis: This story takes place in a future where society is completely hooked on social media. A social network-based game is invented where a target and a hunter are pitted against one another. It's kill or be killed.Jan 31
- Shoots June 2016 (approx. 15 days with possible pre-production pickups in February/March) in the Washington, D.C. area.
- Seeking submissions from: Washington, DC; Baltimore, MD; MD; VA
Casting characters for an upcoming film inspired by the Greek myth of Leda and the Swan. Synopsis: This classic tale of love and loss follows two young lovers and the sorrows they find in their struggles to relate to each other, the world around them, and the mysterious yet very ...Jan 31
- Rehearses in late Apr./early Mar.; shoots in summer 2016 in Ventura, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Ventura, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Santa Barbara, CA; Ojai, CA
Casting "You're Wrong," a student series for Brooks Institute. Synopsis: A mysterious man who calls himself Redacted hosts a late-night TV show called "You're Wrong," which investigates conspiracy theories and bizarre urban legends. His show is going down in ratings and he’s about to have the plug pulled on him. ...Jan 31
- Shoots Feb. 13-15 in Washington, DC. Note: Must be available for travel in these dates.
- Seeking submissions from: Washington DC, DC; New York, NY
Casting a fantasy short, "The Adventures of Imani." Casting Director states: "I am an African American independent filmmaker."Jan 31
- Rehearsals begin February 15, in Arcadia, AZ.
- Seeking submissions from: Phoenix, AZ
Casting three short student films, “Gateway,” “6th Period” & “ESA.” Project descriptions: "’Gateway’ is a sci-fi thriller, ‘6th Period’ is a dark comedy, and ‘ESA’ is a sci-fi horror. Student filmmakers are part of a high school media program working to produce three short narratives.”Jan 31