Auditions for MoviesFind:
Backstage's audition for movies include major studio films, independent films, and student film productions.
New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following casting notices display productions and roles for movies. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Shoots in 2016, exact dates and location TBD.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting "Half Cast Upon the Horizon," a British/West African period drama film set in the 1950s in a fictionalized west African country, under direct colonization of Great Britain. Synopsis: The film follows a particular kingdom which makes up a subset of the country in question. The story deals with themes ...Jun 24
- Shoots September in Virginia/D.C./West Virginia.
- Seeking submissions from: Alexandria, VA; Washington, DC; Baltimore, MD; Richmond, VA; New York, NY
Casting "Shelter for the Bloodstained Soul," a feature film. Synopsis: A cult descends on a small town, sacrificing the inhabitants to resurrect an ancient spirit.Jun 24
- Shooting TBD in WA.
- Seeking submissions from: Seattle, WA; Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Return to Seattle," a film about a man who returns to Seattle from L.A. and rediscovers his hometown through nature.Jun 24
- Shoots in late July or early Aug. in Baltimore, MD.
- Seeking submissions from: Baltimore, MD; Washington, DC
Casting and seeking crew for "Slipped Away," a silent short that centers around love. Synopsis: A man is distraught watching his fiancée suffer in the hospital. He then has a daydream in the middle of his nightmare that his love is healthy, well, and in his arms once again.Jun 23
- Shoots July 28-Aug. 3 in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Burbank, CA; Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Shadows of the Past," a student horror film about three high school friends who accidentally murder an innocent bystander whose shadow comes back to life from the dead to try and kill them all and avenge his death one year later.Jun 23
- Rehearses and shoots July 31-Aug. 2, with the bulk of the shoot on Aug. 1, likely in Brooklyn, NY, depending on script.
- Seeking submissions from: Brooklyn, NY
Seeking talent to collaborate with Armada Films in this year's New Haven 48 Hour Film Project. Coordinator states: "We are an award-winning film company. Our team won the competition for New York in 2014 and we are looking to branch out to other cities. On July 31 at 7 p.m. ...Jun 23
- Rehearsals begin late August; shoots late September in SoCal.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "For Old Times Sake," in which three aging super villains attempt a dramatic escape from their detention facility/retirement home, and must overcome the odds when confronted with an intimidating new warden and their own powers going haywire.Jun 22
- Rehearses and shoots in the fall (shoot dates will be determined in early Sept. and will be over two weekends in Oct. & Nov.) in Connecticut.
- Seeking submissions from: Boston, MA; New York, NY; Hartford, CT; New Haven, CT
Casting "Nightside," a short film shot on 16mm chronicling the late-night hours at a local news station. This is a Wesleyan University thesis film.Jun 21
- Shoots Aug. 28, 29, and 30 in Cherry Hill, NJ; shoots Sept. 11, 12, 13, 25, 26, and 27 in Bushkill, Poconos, PA.
- Seeking submissions from: Cherry Hill, NJ; Philadelphia, PA
Casting an independent horror film. Synopsis: Six good friends go on a weekend getaway that turns into an encounter with the world's best serial killers no one has ever seen.Jun 20
- Shooting two days in late August or early September 2015 in Miami, FL. Auditions will take place throughout mid July - early August
- Seeking submissions from: Miami, FL
Casting "Weddings and Funerals," a film about sexual relationships, centered around one man's relationship with an escort and his wife. Note: There are no sex scenes, only partial nudity for the wife and escort characters.Jun 20