Auditions for MoviesFind:
Backstage's audition for movies include major studio films, independent films, and student film productions.
New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following casting notices display productions and roles for movies. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Shoots Jan. 17 & 18 in NYC.
- Auditions: Dec 20 in New York, NY
Casting "Josh," a Columbia University MFA short studnet film.Monday
- Shoots Nov.-Dec. 2015 in the Philippines and Japan.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting actors of Japanese descent for "No Surrender." Synopsis: A surviving Japanese soldier hides in the jungles of Guam, believing World War II never ended. Years later, when the old Japan is gone and forgotten, his allegiance to the Emperor’s code of “no surrender” is tested when he confronts another ...Monday
- Currently shooting in the Ocean County, NJ area.
- Seeking submissions from: NJ
Casting "The Readers," a sci-fi action film currently in production.Monday
- Shoots March 2015
- Seeking submissions from: Philadelphia, PA; New York, NY; Tulsa, OK; Los Angeles, CA; Newark, NJ; Las Vegas, NV
Casting "TNC: The New Christian," a film. Synopsis: In 2004, the mafia goes underground and meet in the Bronx. With five families, one boss has a new idea he will not share until 2014, with a twist. The family is in the Baptist Christian TV.Monday
- Shooting early next year, in the New Orleans area.
- Seeking submissions from: New Orleans, LA
Casting for the feature film "Elvis & Nixon," starring Kevin Spacey and Michael Shannon. Project description: "Centers on the historic 1970 meeting between King and the president that famously yielded one of the more curious White House photo ops in pop culture history."Monday
- Shoots Dec. 18 at 3 p.m. at Fairway in Harlem in NYC. Note: Actor needed for one to two hours.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Waking Still," a three to five minute student film for Columbia University about a grandmother/grandfather who's holding her/his granddaughter’s hand at a supermarket.Monday
- Rehearsals TBD at 9911 W. Pico Blvd. in L.A.; shooting begins late-Jan. 2015 in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Huck Finn," a modern day retelling of the adventures of Huckleberry Finn, exploring the ideas of love, terrorism, and living outside of society's moral bounds.Monday
- Shoots between Dec. 27-31 in Beach Haven (Long Beach Island), NJ and possibly in the Philadelphia/Swarthmore, PA areas.
- Seeking submissions from: Philadelphia, PA; Swarthmore, PA; Beach Haven, NJ; New York, NY
Casting "Fantasy Island," a short student film. Synopsis: Taking place in an eerie, near-deserted beach-town (during the 'off-season'), a lonely 'collector,' someone who salvages and restores items that have washed up on shore, finds something special and seeks to return it to its rightful owner. Filmmakers state: "We are a ...Sunday
- Shoots Feb. 13-16 (President's Day weekend) in NYC.
- Auditions: Dec 28 in New York, NY
Casting "The Last Man Alive," a short student film. Synopsis: After seemingly everyone in the world dies an unlikely hero, Daniel Murray finds himself living in his playground of a house and just trying to get by and not stay sober. Everything changes one day while he's getting groceries when ...Sunday
- Shoots tentatively Dec. 29 & 30 in L.A.
- Auditions: Dec 18 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Goldfish," a short film about a couple in a twisted argument that doesn't end well.Sunday
- Shoots Jan. 2015 for three days in FL.
- Seeking submissions from: Boca Raton, FL; Miami, FL; West Palm Beach, FL; Boynton Beach, FL
Casting "Vapor," an NYU student film about a young man who sees himself as some sort of local detective, except when a girl needs his help, his incompetencies as a person begin to show.Sunday
- Shooting December 19 in Anderson, SC.
- Seeking submissions from: Anderson, SC
Casting for the short film, "Parker." Project description: "Focusing on one woman’s choices and how her paranoia responds."Saturday
- Shooting December 20 in Charlotte, NC.
- Seeking submissions from: Charlotte, NC
Casting background for the feature film, "Get Well," starring Courtney Lakin and Remington Jay Perregaux. Project description: "Justin Lake is your All American boy next store, but what hides in his mind is everlasting terror."Saturday
- Shooting mid-January 2015, in Wilmington, NC area.
- Seeking submissions from: Wilmington, NC
Casting background for the feature film "Bolden!," starring Gary Carr, Ian McShane, and Michael Rooker. Project description: "A mythical account of the life of Buddy Bolden, the first Cornet King of New Orleans."Saturday
- Shooting January 2-4, 2015 in Wilmington, NC.
- Seeking submissions from: Wilmington, NC; Kure Beach, NC
Casting for a short film. Project description: "After the suicide of their friend Charlie, four friends reunite to celebrate his life and work through their own issues that his death has brought to the surface."Saturday
- Shooting January 17-19, 2015 in Orlando, FL.
- Seeking submissions from: Orlando, FL
Casting background for a feature film.Saturday
- Shoots first week of March 2015 in Fargo, ND.
- Auditions: Jan 7, 8, 9, 10 in Fargo, ND
Casting "Sundogs," a short, gritty film about a woman trying to find work on the oil fields of North Dakota.Saturday
- Rehearsal dates TBD (one-two days); shoots in January (exact dates TBD) in New Jersey.
- Seeking submissions from: NJ; PA
Casting for "Like Father, Like Drug," a short (about 8 minutes long) student film. Synopsis: "Like Father, Like Drug" is about a kid named Tristan, who has been depressed since his father's loss. Since then, he has taken to the depressing path of drugs and alcohol, which he knows will ...Dec 09
- Shoots Jan. 2015 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Nikki," a narrative fashion film project in which a "femme fatale" woman models for an edgy clothing line.Saturday