Auditions for MusicalsBackstage's auditions for musical theater span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
Auditions for new musicals are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Studio is located in Midtown NYC.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking participants for one-on-one voice lessons from Broadway and award-winning producer Jordan Scott Gilbert. Coordinator states: "Mr. Gilbert has worked successfully with artists, from novices to major celebrities in TV, film, and on Broadway. He recently co-produced the Tony-nominated 'Ghost the Musical.'"5 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin January 11, in Wilmette, IL. Performances are Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, March 4-13.
- Auditions: Dec 4, 7, 8, 10 in Wilmette, IL
Casting "The Music Man," a musical. Project description: "Harold Hill poses as a boys' band leader to con naive Iowa townsfolk."7 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin February 15, 2016; performances will run March 11-26, 2016 in Phoenix, AZ.
- Auditions: Dec 14 in Phoenix, AZ
Casting "Now. Here. This," book by Hunter Bell and Susan Blackwell, Music and Lyrics by Jeff Bowen. Project Description: Created by the team that brought you [title of show], Now. Here. This. is a new musical tackling life’s big questions with inimitable humor and humanity. The show follows the evolution ...19 hours ago
- Rehearsals will begin on January 9, and will be held at the Ziegfeld Theater in Ogden, UT. Until the week before opening week, there will usually be four weekday rehearsals and one weekend rehearsal per week. Performances will run March 18-May 7, every Fri. & Sat. evening, plus Mon. and Thurs. performances the final three weeks. There are also two 2 p.m. matinees April 30 and May 7 in Ogden, UT. Also, there is a possibility of a two week extension.
- Auditions: Dec 14 in Ogden, UT
Casting the beloved musical from under the sea, “Disney’s The Little Mermaid.” Project description: "Based on the Danish fairy tale of the same name by Hans Christian Andersen, "The Little Mermaid" tells the story of a beautiful mermaid princess who dreams of becoming human."20 hours ago
- The first cast meeting will be January 5, 7 p.m., at CCHS. Rehearsals will generally be Mon.-Fri., 7-10 p.m. and Sat., 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Tech and dress runs start February 15, and performances will run February 26, 27, 29 and March 4 & 5, 2016 in Draper, UT.
- Auditions: Dec 4, 5 in Draper, UT
Draper Arts Council is Casting Meredith Wilson's Broadway classic musical "The Music Man." Project Description: The plot concerns con man Harold Hill, who poses as a boys' band organizer and leader and sells band instruments and uniforms to the naive Iowa townsfolk, promising to train the members of the new ...20 hours ago
- First Cast meeting December 7, 2015; Rehearsals will be held in January/February, 2016; Performances will run February 19, 20, 22, 26, 27 and March 4, 5, 2016 in South Jordan, UT.
- Auditions: Dec 3 in South Jordan, UT
Casting "The Drowsy Chaperone," a delightfully quirky musical. Project Description: The show revolves around one musical theatre fan’s obsession with a fictional 1928 musical comedy, "The Drowsy Chaperone." As he listens to the recording, the characters come to life in his apartment. Winner of 5 Tony awards, you won’t want ...21 hours ago
- Audition pianist needed on December 1, 2:30-4:30 p.m.; December 2, 4-7 p.m.; and December 3, 5-8 p.m. in the Black Box Theatre on the second floor of the Salt Lake Community College South City campus. Rehearses weeknights beginning February 1, 2016. Performances run March 31-April 9, 2016 in Salt Lake City, UT.
- Auditions: Dec 1, 2, 3 in Salt Lake City, UT
Casting an audition pianist for Stephen Sondheim’s "Company" auditions. Project description: “A musical about Bobby (a single man unable to commit fully to a steady relationship, let alone marriage), the five married couples who are his best friends, and his three girlfriends. ‘Company’ is a concept musical composed of short ...21 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Dec. 14 (Sun.-Thurs. eves.); runs Feb. 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, 15, 19, 20, and 21 at the Heights Players, 26 Willow Pl., Brooklyn, NY.
- Auditions: Dec 7, 8 in Brooklyn, NY
Casting the Heights Players' production of the classic musical comedy "Anything Goes." Synopsis: The story concerns madcap antics aboard an ocean liner bound from New York to London. Billy Crocker is a stowaway in love with heiress Hope Harcourt, who is engaged to Lord Evelyn Oakleigh. Nightclub singer Reno Sweeney ...yesterday
- Position runs Feb. 20, 2016-Feb. 20, 2017 in China for the second period.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking experienced children's musical drama teachers for Fantasy Children's Performing Arts Center in China.yesterday
- Rehearses Dec. 1-31 (three to four days/wk.) at the Empire Stage, Fort Lauderdale, FL; runs Jan. 7-24, 2016 in Fort Lauderdale, FL and Feb. 12 & 13 in Boca Raton, FL. Local actors preferred.
- Seeking submissions from: Fort Lauderdale, FL; Boca Raton, FL
Casting actors/dancers/singers for "The Jackie Mason Musical."yesterday
- Rehearses Jan. 5-Mar. 6, 2016 at Mondo, 426 Springfield Ave., Summit, NJ; performs March 11, 12, & 13 at The Oakes Center, 120 Morris Ave., Summit, NJ.
- Auditions: Dec 14, 15 in Summit, NJ
Seeking 12- to 18-year-old triple threats to play the iconic "Addams Family" characters. Synopsis: "The Addams Family" features an original story, and is about every father's nightmare. Wednesday Addams, the ultimate princess of darkness, has grown up and fallen in love with a sweet, smart, young man from a respectable ...Saturday
- Recordings for female and male leads begin in January 2016; rehearses in February; debuts in NYC (date TBD) with a possible weekend performance in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Crashlight," a dark musical about a land of people who only get three minutes of sunlight a day. Rian, the lead, is a girl who discovers that the writer of an opera she found in her bureaux may be able to help save her little sister's life. This musical ...Saturday
- Rehearsals to be held August 9-September 29, in San Francisco, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 15 in San Francisco, CA
Casting "Dream Of The Red Chamber", an opera. Project description: "The new work is based on the book Dream of the Red Chamber by 18th-century Qing Dynasty writer Cao Xuequin, considered one of the four great classical novels of historic Chinese literature."Friday
- Rehearsals begin Dec. 26 (evenings & weekends, possibly some weekdays depending on actor availability); runs Jan. 29-Feb. 21, 2016 for 16 performances in Brooklyn, NY.
- Auditions: Dec 5, 8, 9, 13, 15 in Brooklyn, NY
The Gallery Players, Brooklyn's Premiere Off-Off Broadway theater in it’s 49th season announces auditions for upcoming AEA showcase (approval pending) production of "Seussical." Seeking 15-18 Cast Members. Company states: "This production of Seussical will be a stripped-down, meta-theatrical take on the show, wherein young Jojo finds himself in a theatre ...Friday