Auditions for MusicalsBackstage's auditions for musical theater span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
Auditions for new musicals are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearses June 20-30, 2016 (must arrive June 19; rehearsals begin June 20 and run 9 a.m.-5 p.m. the first week, with a half-hour lunch and break and free time after 5 p.m.; second week schedule TBD based on what needs to be worked); performs July 1 & 2 (7 p.m.); depart July 3. Camp is located in Oscoda, MI. Actors must be available for all dates.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting the roles of Tevye, Golde, and Lazar Wolf in "Fiddler on the Roof" for the HFCC Performing Arts Company, a performing-arts camp that aims to provide participants with a professional training environment. Adult actors will perform alongside their young counterparts in a 550-seat theater with a professional union orchestra ...yesterday
- Rehearses June 20-30, 2016 (must arrive June 19; rehearsals begin June 20 and run 9 a.m.-5 p.m. the first week, with a half-hour lunch and break and free time after 5 p.m.; second week schedule TBD based on what needs to be worked); performs July 1 & 2 (7 p.m.); depart July 3. Camp is located in Oscoda, MI. No late arrivals or early departures; participants must be available for all dates and must strike after closing performance.
- Auditions: Sep 12 in Nashville, TN and Oct 3 in New York, NY and Nov 14 in Houston, TX and Dec 4 in Toledo, OH and Dec 5 in Detroit, MI and Dec 6 in Tawas City, MI
Casting "Fiddler on the Roof," a production for the HFCC Performing Arts Company, a performing-arts camp that aims to provide participants with a professional training environment. Young actors will perform alongside professional guest artists in a 550-seat theater with a professional union orchestra and polished costumes and sets. There are ...yesterday
- Initial reading is Sunday, August 9 in New York. We will be having a series of readings in the Fall leading up to a workshop in Spring 2016.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
"oooh, it's paradise, the pain and the strife, the time of your life..." FORA is a musical journey to the otherworldly island of Forafu, where preachers and politicians coexist with oracles and syrens and the dwindling population is a sign of the times. "....shii, arusch, shatah, chyo kamusta, tumashii sosso..." ...yesterday
- Season runs in Houston, TX.
- Auditions: Sep 1, 2, in North Hollywood, CA
Seeking dancers for Theatre Under The Stars' 2015-16 Season. Season includes "A Christmas Story" (Rehearsals begin Nov. 20; runs Dec. 8-20); "Mary Poppins" (Rehearsals begin Feb. 19; runs Mar. 8-20); and "Oliver" (Rehearsals begin Mar. 18; runs Apr. 5-17).yesterday
- September 7 through November 12 Weekdays from 7:30 PM to 10:00 PM (Some weekend daytime rehearsals TBD) Conejo Players Theatre 351 S. Moorpark Road Thousand Oaks, CA 91361
- Seeking submissions from: Thousand Oaks, CA
A true theatrical event, this legendary masterpiece is considered by many to be the greatest musical ever created. Surreal, sophisticated, compelling, heart-wrenching, and epic in scope, FOLLIES was penned by musical theatre legend Stephen Sondheim and author James Goldman, and uses musical theatre as a metaphor for the collapse of ...yesterday
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 14; preview Oct. 5, run starts Nov. 5 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking submissions for the role Young Emilio/Nayibof in "On Your Feet" with music and lyrics by Gloria and Emilio Estefan and book by Alexander Dinelaris.yesterday
- Performances run November-December at Teatro SEA in NYC.
- Auditions: Aug 17 in new york, NY
Casting Teatro SEA's 2015-16 season and a Latin cabaret, "The Glory." Company states: "Teatro SEA, NY’s award-winning Latino theatre for young audiences, is seeking bilingual actors, actor/singers and puppeteers for immediate replacements for our company's new SEAson 2015-16. Performers will be part of our citywide tour and performances at our ...Friday
- "Disney Princess Cabaret' rehearses Oct. 10-14; performs Oct. 15-17 (8 p.m.); "Disney Sidekick Cabaret" rehearses Oct. 17-21; performs Oct. 22-24 (8 p.m.); "Disney Villains: Swingin' on the Rocks" rehearses Oct. 24-28, performs Oct. 29-31 (8 p.m.). Note: All rehearsals and performances in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting Disney lovers for three nights of Disney music magic. The three cabarets consist of princesses, sidekicks, and villains. Strong vocalists needed. Performers who scat/riff are a plus.Thursday
- Performance Nov. 14, in San Jose, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Sunnyvale, CA
Casting for the character of Albert Einstein for a one-night performance, in San Jose, CA.Thursday
- Runs Aug. 27, 2-4 p.m. at A.R.T./New York - Spaces at 520, 520 Eighth Ave., 3rd Fl., New York, NY 10018.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; NJ; CT; PA
Seeking participants for an acting master class with Taylor Trensch (lead in "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time"). Class is limited to 15 actors. Participants will have the opportunity to perform a prepared contemporary monologue (no more than one minute) for Taylor and receive individual feedback directly ...Wednesday
- Runs Oct. 9 and 10 at 7:30 p.m.; Oct. 15 and 17 at 7:30 p.m.; Oct. 18 at 2 p.m.; Oct. 22 and 24 at 7:30 p.m., and Oct. 25 at 2 p.m. in Allentown, PA.
- Auditions: Aug 18 in Allentown, PA
Casting "The Addams Family," a musical. Synopsis: Wednesday Addams, the ultimate princess of darkness, has grown up and fallen in love with a sweet, smart young man from a respectable family – a man her parents have never met. And if that weren’t upsetting enough, Wednesday confides in her father ...Wednesday