Auditions for MusicalsBackstage's auditions for musical theater span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
Auditions for new musicals are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearsal begin October 13 and are held on weeknights, about 3-4 nights a week, from 6:30-9:30pm. All rehearsals and performances are at the Hall of Liberty - Forest Lawn (across from Universal Studios on the Burbank/LA border). The entire cast will be off for Halloween and the entire week of Thanksgiving. Performances are as follows: Friday, December 19, 2014 - 7pm Saturday, December 20, 2014 - 2pm Saturday, December 20, 2014 - 7pm Sunday, December 21, 2014 - 2pm
- Auditions: Sep 27, 29 in Los Angeles, CA
"Into the Woods" is a musical with music and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim and book by James Lapine, and winner of 7 Tony Awards. It debuted in San Diego at the Old Globe Theatre in 1986, and premiered on Broadway on November 5, 1987. The musical intertwines the plots of ...3 hours ago
- Rehearses July 14-21 (must arrive July 14; rehearsals begin July 15 and run 9 a.m.-5 p.m. the first week, with a half-hour lunch and break and free time after 5 p.m.; second week schedule TBD based on what needs to be worked); performs July 26 & 27 (7 p.m.); depart July 28. Camp is located in Oscoda, MI. Actors must be available for all dates.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting the role of Daddy Warbucks in "Annie" for the HFCC Performing Arts Company, a performing-arts camp that aims to provide participants with a professional training environment. Adult actors will perform alongside their young counterparts in a 550-seat theater with a professional union orchestra and polished costumes and sets. Artistic ...Wednesday
- Rehearsals begin in August. Performances run October 9-November 9, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Jul 30 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Musical of the Living Dead," a musical. Project description: "A rip-roaring journey beyond the grave with its satirical send-ups of classic zombie films and musical theater. The curtain opens on 10 survivors of a recent zombie apocalypse, trapped in a farmhouse and willing to try anything to escape."4 hours ago
- Ongoing sessions are held at Ripley-Grier Studios in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking participants for "Acting Through Song" classes. Owner states: "We work directly with professional actors, singers, and dancers and those who are recent graduates or aspiring musical theater performers to help them truly connect to their material. It's all about bringing yourself to your work and finding your honesty in ...4 hours ago
- Rehearsal and performance times vary.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking dancer/aerial artists for Royal Caribbean Cruise Line to perform on original apparatus in featured aerial and production shows.5 hours ago
- Rehearses and performs in Hudson, FL.
- Seeking submissions from: Hudson, FL
Show Palace Entertainment is seeking a King for its upcoming production of "The King and I."5 hours ago
- Performances run in Hudson, FL.
- Seeking submissions from: HUDSON, FL
Casting "A Christmas Carol: The Broadway Musical."7 hours ago
- Film rehearsals begin September 2014; film production and cast soundtrack recording begins October 2014; live performance segment rehearsals begin November 2014; first performance is currently scheduled for January 2015 in NYC.
- Auditions: Aug 7 in New York, NY
Casting “The Afterglow Candy Show," a groundbreaking experimental EDM project produced by Massive Film Project Inc. and Ken Kushner (producer of "Tapestry," "City of Gold," 50 Cent's "Before I Self Destruct," "The Psychotics," and "One Blood") in collaboration with new EDM recording artist Sunshine Pilgrim.10 hours ago
- Production runs December 4-17, in Austin, TX.
- Auditions: Aug 19 in Austin, TX
Casting for the production "Holiday Heroes." Project description: "In this hilariously fun holiday sing-along, students get into the holiday spirit with Ernie and Rufus. Celebrate the season with singing, laughter and holiday cheer for all."19 hours ago
- Read-through take place Aug. 16; recording takes place at a home studio in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting a new concept recording of a musical version of "The Cherry Orchard." Composer states: "This is a low-budget independent recording, but audible.com has already given the go-ahead on distribution."yesterday
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 25; performs Oct. 10 & 11 in a small venue in Manchester, NH.
- Seeking submissions from: Manchester, NH
Casting "Peace for the Wicked," a play with music and a new work by a playwright with off-Broadway credits. Structured as a meta-theater play with sung musical numbers, the tagline is "One must find peace to rest in peace." Synopsis: This is a psychological and figurative play of one man's ...Jun 24