Auditions for MusicalsBackstage's auditions for musical theater span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
Auditions for new musicals are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Shooting begins July 1 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: NY
Seeking crew and talent for "Whose Side Are You On," a video trailer for a crowd funding campaign for a gospel musical about gang violence. Synopsis: Lamont Spencer (16) must decide to stay with the gang who revenged his father's death or seek salvation in the church.Jun 03
- Rehearses Aug. 1-24 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting ensemble parts for "Under: A New Musical," which will premiere at The New York International Fringe Festival. Synopsis: This original musical tackles the issue of mental health at universities. Coordinator states: "The production had a very successful world premiere at the Yale Morse Crescent Theater last spring."Jun 03
- Performance dates TBD at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, FL.
- Auditions: Jul 13, in Kissimmee, FL
Seeking musical theater performers, all ethnicities, for principal & ensemble in "Finding Nemo, the Musical," an original musical theater production based on the Disney-Pixar hit animated feature.Jun 02
- Performance date Saturday, Nov. 14, in Mount Pleasant, MI. Rehearsals TBD as actor availability information is submitted.
- Auditions: Jul 16, 17, 18, 25 in Mt. Pleasant, MI
Casting "Runagate," a medley of narrative, movement, and music inspired by the poem "Runagate Runagate." Description: Through the vessel of this work, a diverse cast of characters dramatically reflect the struggle for a freedom that is not only historic but universal.Jun 02
- Rehearsals begin in August. Performances run Oct. 9-Nov. 15, in Alameda, CA.
- Auditions: Jul 8, 9 in Alameda, CA
Casting the musical "Nunsense." Production description: "The Little Sisters of Hoboken discover that their cook, Sister Julia, Child of God, has accidentally poisoned 52 of the sisters, and they are in dire need of funds for the burials. The sisters decide that the best way to raise the money is ...May 30
- Records Sept. 14-27 in NYC; rehearsals begin Dec. 27 in NYC; tech begins Jan. 9, 2016 in FL; tour runs through Mar. 7, 2016. Note: Singers must commit to recording and tour dates.
- Auditions: Jul 9 in New York, NY
Casting "Vocalosity" the all-new live concert event that celebrates the wonder of the human voice from the creative mind of a cappella guru Deke Sharon (vocal producer for "Pitch Perfect" and "The Sing-Off"). This fast-paced production features 12 dynamic voices singing some of today’s chart-topping hits in brand-new arrangements. The ...May 26
- Rehearsals begin in late July in Long Beach
- Auditions: Jul 14 in Long Beach, CA
Casting a full time "George Harrison" for "In My Life," a musical retelling of the Beatles' history. Company states: "The musical, which plays in regional theatres, has toured since 2008 with 95 runs and features the live music of one of the world's leading Beatles tribute groups. With two additional ...May 22
- Rehearses Aug. 17-22; runs Aug. 22, 2:30 & 5:00 p.m. in Vienna, VA.
- Auditions: Jul 15, 16 in Vienna, VA
Seeking participants for a one-week theatre camp, culminating in a performance of a major musical theatre work "The King and I," an exciting journey to Siam where East versus West.May 21
- Rehearsals begin July 28; runs Aug. 22-Sept. 19 in Sacramento, CA.
- Auditions: Jul 15 in Sacramento, CA
Casting "Bars and Measures," a musical.May 19
- Currently runs on Broadway in NYC.
- Auditions: Jul 17 in New York, NY
Seeking Equity actor/singers for "Phantom of the Opera," a musical currently running on Broadway.May 08
- Rehearsals weekly/bi-weekly in NYC/Astoria, Queens; performances are TBD at school assemblies, libraries, music classes, and kid cabarets in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: Astoria, NY; NJ; New York, NY
Seeking a DJ/Actor/Performer for a "new and successful" touring anti-bullying assembly program, "Be True To You" for the upcoming school year starting September. Company states: "This is a scripted show that is narrated by the owner of the brand (a professional Broadway singer/actor), along with B.T.T.Y the Bee as her ...May 04
- Production runs August 20-September 13, in Oklahoma City, OK.
- Auditions: Jul 11, 12 in Oklahoma City, OK
Casting for the musical "Chicago." Project description: "Murderesses Velma Kelly and Roxie Hart find themselves on death row together and fight for the fame that will keep them from the gallows in 1920's Chicago."Apr 28
- Rehearses Aug. 17-22 (9:30 a.m.-5 p.m.); performs Aug. 22 in Vienna, VA.
- Auditions: Jul 15, 16 in Vienna, VA
Casting "The King & I" as part of the Harmonia School of Art and Music's theater performance camp for performers ages 10-18. All campers must audition for cast placement in the one-week theatre extravaganza, culminating in a performance of a major musical theatre work. Coordinator states: "Whether interested in technical ...Feb 05
- Rehearsals begin in September; runs mid-October at the Edgemar Center for the Arts in Santa Monica, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Santa Monica, CA; Los Angeles, CA
Seeking multi-faceted and passionate improvisational actors, dancers, and singers for "The Night of the Black Cat," a musical.Dec 02