Auditions for MusicalsBackstage's auditions for musical theater span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
Auditions for new musicals are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
Posted: Apr 10
- Rehearsals begin June 8, 2016 (Mon.-Fri., 6:30-10:30 p.m.; possible Sat. rehearsal may be called as tech approaches); tech week begins July 10; runs July 14 (8 p.m.), July 15 (8 p.m.), July 16 (2 & 8 p.m.), and July 17 (5 p.m.) in Monrovia, CA.
- Auditions: May 5 in Monrovia, CA
Casting a live musical production of "West Side Story," with music by Leonard Bernstein, lyrics by Stephen Sondheim, and book by Arthur Laurents.
Posted: Apr 10
- Rehearsals begin June 1 (9 a.m.-4 p.m.) at Atlanta Country Day School, 8725 Dunwoody Pl., Suite 2, Atlanta, GA; runs June 30-July 2 in Atlanta, GA.
- Auditions: May 7, 8 in Atlanta, GA
Casting "Ragtime: School Edition," the musical. Seeking students ages 14-20 for this inaugural production of Atlanta Country Day Performing Arts Academy. Director states: "This is a summer stock program designed for students to further their education in performing arts through hands-on experience with full-length productions. Directed by award-winning ACDS Performing ...
Posted: Apr 09
- Rehearsals and performances will take place throughout 2016-17, at the Milaagro Theatre, in Portland, OR.
- Auditions: May 7 in Portland, OR
Casting the Milagro 2016-17 Season. Producers state: "Our 2016-2017 season is a season of transition and home. It includes three world premieres that will provide tremendous creative opportunities for local performers, one is an original musical in Spanish."
Posted: Apr 08
- Season rehearses and performs West Springfield, MA.
- Auditions: Jun 6, 7 in West Springfield, MA
Casting the Theater Project at the Majestic Theater's 2016-2017 season. Season includes "Million Dollar Quartet" (Colin Escott & Floyd Mutrux, writers. Rehearsals begin Aug. 15; runs Sept. 8-Oct. 23); "Love, Loss And What I Wore" (Nora Ephron & Delia Ephron, writers. Rehearsals begin Oct. 17; runs Nov. 3-Dec. 11); "Amadeus" ...
Posted: Apr 07
- Season rehearses and performs in Salt Lake City, UT.
- Auditions: May 5 in New York, NY
Casting the Pioneer Theatre Company's upcoming 2016-17 Season. "The Last Ship" (John Logan and Brian Yorkey, book; Sting, lyrics & music; Karen Azenberg, dir.-choreo. Rehearsals begin Aug. 22; runs Sept. 16-Oct. 1); "The Glass Menagerie" (Tennessee Wiliams, writer. Rehearsals begin Oct. 5; runs Oct. 30-Nov. 14); "Oliver" (Lionel Bart, music ...
Posted: Apr 07
- Runs July 16-Aug. 6, at the Mainstage Theater in Salinas, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Salinas, CA
Casting "Carrie: The Musical,"with book by Lawrence D. Cohen, lyrics by Dean Pitchford, and music by Michael Gore.
Posted: Apr 07
- Runs June 7-10, 2016 in Los Angeles, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Soveticus" a musical workshop. The cast of this workshop will have the opportunity to work with an extremely talented and creative group of artists who have written a play with dynamic and rich characters. Following the workshop, the creative team plan to develop the material further, with the ultimate ...
Posted: Apr 06
- Rehearses Aug. 15-Sept. 28, 2016; runs Sept. 29-Oct. 9 (Thurs.-Sat. eves. and Sun. matinees) in Maitland, FL.
- Auditions: Aug 1, 2, 3 in Maitland, FL
Casting "Bye Bye Birdie" for Theater at the J in Maitland, FL.
Posted: Apr 05
- Season runs in Pasadena, CA.
- Auditions: May 10 in Pasadena, CA
Casting Equity actors for the Pasadena Playhouse 2016-2017 Season. Season includes “The Fantasticks” (Tom Jones, book and lyrics; Harvey Schmidt, music; Seema Sueko, dir.; David O, music dir.; Kitty McNamee, choreo. Rehearsals begin Aug. 9; runs Sept. 6-Oct. 2), “M. Butterfly” (David Henry Hwang, writer; Bart DeLorenzo, dir. Rehearsals begin ...
Posted: Apr 04
- Rehearses July-August, based on actor availability. Performances run September 1-17, with a possible extension November 9-11, at Hamburger Mary's in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: May 22, 23 in Chicago, IL
Casting "1776," a musical. Project description: "It's the summer of 1776, and the nation is ready to declare independence. The musical follows John Adams of Massachusetts, Benjamin Franklin of Pennsylvania, and Richard Henry Lee and Thomas Jefferson of Virginia, as they attempt to convince the members of the second Continental ...
Posted: Apr 03
- Rehearses and performs in NYC. Additional gigs nationwide.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting musical theater performers and improv players for ongoing NYC showcases. Coordinator states: "Improv Theatre LLC (formerly SGF Productions, Walt Frasier and Laurice Fattal producers) performs and rehearses weekly at the Broadway Comedy Club, 318 W. 53rd St., where they also host private/corporate events, K-12 outreach, and public classes. We ...
Posted: Mar 30
- Rehearsals begin June 27 (three hours a day on weekdays); runs July 18-Aug. 7 (three performances) in Manhattan.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; NJ; PA; NY
Casting "Furniture: The Musical," a quirky new musical by playwright and lyricist Natalie Lifson and composer Jeffrey Schmelkin that will be produced in New York City by the Midtown International Theatre Festival. Synopsis: The musical, approximately 35 minutes long, is about the lives, loves, and interactions of the sentient pieces ...
Posted: Mar 30
- Rehearses evenings & weekends beginning August 15, in Highland Park, IL. Performances run October 21-November 6, in Northbrook, IL.
- Auditions: Jun 7, 9, 18 in Highland Park, IL
Casting "Billy Elliot," a musical. Project description: "Set in a northern mining town, against the background of the 1984/85 miners' strike, 'Billy Elliot' is the inspirational story of a young boy's struggle against the odds to make his dreams come true. The story follows Billy's journey as he stumbles out ...
Posted: Mar 29
- Currently running on Broadway.
- Auditions: May 17 in New York, NY
Casting Equity actor/singers for possible future principal replacements in "Jersey Boys," with music by Bob Gaudio, lyrics by Bob Crewe, and book by Marshall Brickman & Rick Elice.