Auditions for MusicalsBackstage's auditions for musical theater span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
Auditions for new musicals are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
Posted: Mar 22
- Season runs in Solana Beach, CA.
- Auditions: May 9 in Solana Beach, CA
Casting the 2016-17 Season for the North Coast Repertory Theatre. Season includes "The Cocktail Hour" (A.R. Gurney, writer; Rosina Reynolds, dir. Rehearsals begin Aug. 10, 2016; runs Sept. 7-Oct. 2 with a possible extension through Oct. 9); "Laughter on the 23rd Floor" (Neil Simon, writer; Geoffrey Sherman, dir. Rehearsals begin ...
Posted: Mar 21
- Rehearsals begin summer 2016; performances will run mid-January 2017-March 2017 in Miami, FL.
- Seeking submissions from: Miami, FL; Fort Lauderdale, FL
Casting "Rise Up," a new musical, infused with Negro Spirituals, bringing awareness to human trafficking and modern day slavery by highlighting the parallels that exists between the Antebellum Era and the 21st Century.
Posted: Mar 20
- All rehearsals and productions to take place in or near Santa Rosa, CA.
- Auditions: May 28, 29 in Santa Rosa, CA
Casting adult and child actors/singers for 6th Street Playhouse's upcoming 2016-2017 season of plays and musicals.
Posted: Mar 18
- Festival runs June 9-26 at various venues in Hollywood.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Seeking shows and performers of all types for the seventh annual Hollywood Fringe Festival. Producers state: "The Hollywood Fringe Festival is an annual, open-access, community-derived event celebrating freedom of expression and collaboration in the performing arts community. Each June during the Hollywood Fringe, the arts infiltrate the Hollywood neighborhood: fully ...
Posted: Mar 16
- Rehearsals begin mid-June; runs mid-August in the Fullerton area/Cal State Fullerton.
- Seeking submissions from: Fullerton, CA; Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Latch," a new Jukebox musical featuring the amazing music of Sam Smith. Company states: "The show follows three college students and their complicated love triangle. The show explores themes of friendship, abuse, cheating, repressed homosexuality and it's consequences, and relationships. The show is fun and features some great up ...
Posted: Mar 15
- Rehearses May 22-July 14; runs July 15-31 (Fri.-Sun.) in Crystal Lake, IL.
- Auditions: May 19, 20 in Crystal Lake, IL
Casting "Hello, Dolly!" a dinner theater production to raise money for various charities.
Posted: Mar 14
- First rehearsal/read through is May 19, in Medinah, IL. Performances run July 8-30.
- Auditions: May 9, 10, 14 in Medinah, IL
Casting "Guys and Dolls," a musical. Project description: "In New York, a gambler is challenged to take a cold female missionary to Havana, but they fall for each other, and the bet has a hidden motive to finance a crap game."
Posted: Mar 14
- "West Side Story" rehearsals begin May 17 (Mon.-Fri. in the evenings); runs June 30-July 2 in La Grange, IL. "Seussical" rehearsals begin July 11 (Mon.-Fri. in the evenings); runs Aug. 4-7 in La Grange, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL; Hinsdale, IL
Seeking submissions for BAMtheatre's (Hinsdale, IL) summer productions of "West Side Story" and "Seussical." For "West Side Story" (High School & College Intensive Program): Seeking submissions from high-school and college students. All roles available. For "Seussical" (Youth Theatre Program): Seeking submissions from students ages 17 and younger.
Posted: Mar 09
- Season runs in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Auditions: May 13 in New York, NY
Casting the Pittsburgh Public Theater 2016-17 Season. Season includes: "The Fantasticks" (Tom Jones, book & lyrics; Harvey Schmidt, music; Ted Pappas, dir. Rehearsals begin Sept. 6; runs Oct. 30); "Between Riverside and Crazy" (Stephen Adly Guirgis, writer; Pamela Berlin, dir. Rehearsals begin Oct. 18; runs Dec. 11); "Twelfth Night" (Shakespeare, ...
Posted: Feb 13
- Date(s) TBD in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Seeking submissions from: Pittsburgh, PA
Seeking actors and singers for the Confidential Musical Theatre Project. Franchise producer states: "We choose a show that doesn't get done very often, but should. Actors submit online, and we cast the show with the best performers possible (regardless of age, race, body type, or gender). We ask the actors ...
Posted: Feb 13
- Rehearses in September in Plymouth, NH; tour runs Oct. 2016-May 2017 (typically three-six shows per week, touring Wed.-Fri.).
- Seeking submissions from: ME; MA; NH; NY; RI; VT; NB; ON; PE; QC
Seeking male and female actors for 2016-17 school tour for Tiger, performing original musical theater productions on social issues faced by children today. Coordinator states: "Rewarding work in a supportive environment."
Posted: Feb 05
- Rehearses, shoots, and runs in and outside of Pittsburgh, PA. Some performances may extend through summer.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking ballet, modern, and jazz dancers for three projects to be shot as dance films and performed live. Projects include “Love’s Enchantment,” which depicts universal, magical love regardless of sexual preference or identity. This intentionally-inclusive work features four couples: one heterosexual, two homosexual, and one transgender, in a statement about ...
Posted: Jan 12
- Rehearses July 11-Aug. 4th (9 a.m.-1 p.m.); performs Aug. 5-7 at The Wilmette Theatre, 1122 Central Ave., Wilmette, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Wilmette, IL
Casting "Big: The Musical," a musical based on the classic 1987 motion picture fantasy. Synopsis: Josh Baskin is sick of being awkward, out of place, undervalued, and unseen as a teenager. At a carnival, he makes a wish to the Zoltar machine to become "big." To his shock, his wish ...
Posted: Dec 17
- Rehearsals begin January 5, 2016 in Mount Prospect, IL. National touring shows weekends throughout the year.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "For Love & Rock 'N Roll," a musical. Project description: "A touring musical tribute show to the women of rock from the 50's through today. The show's premise is a rock band on a competition television show competing for a record deal. Part of the show is the concert ...