Auditions for MusicalsBackstage's auditions for musical theater span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
Auditions for new musicals are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearses Feb 15-May 5; runs May 6-8, 13-15, 20-21 in South Orange, NJ or Maplewood, NJ.
- Auditions: Feb 8, 9, 13 in South Orange, NJ
Casting "Big River: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn." Twain's timeless classic sweeps us down the mighty Mississippi as the irrepressible Huck Finn helps his friend Jim, a slave, escape to freedom at the mouth of the Ohio River. Their adventures along the way are hilarious, suspenseful and heartwarming, bringing to ...Jan 21
- Rehearses Mar. 6-May 12; runs May 13-15, 20-22, 27-29, June 3-5, 8-11 in Elmwood Playhouse in Nyack, NY.
- Auditions: Feb 22, 24 in Nyack, NY
Casting "Next to Normal."Jan 21
- All contracts will vary in date, but will fall between the dates of June 5-Aug. 1. Festival 56 is located in Princeton, IL.
- Auditions: Feb 8, 9 in New York, NY
Casting Festival 56's 2016 summer season. Season includes: "Guys and Dolls," "Violet," "The Fantasticks," "The Winter's Tale," and "Brighton Beach Memoirs." All actors are cast in three or four shows.Jan 21
- Season runs in Bethesda, MD.
- Auditions: Feb 18 in Bethesda, MD
Casting the 2016-17 Season for Imagination Stage. Season includes: "The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane" (Kate DiCamillo, author; Dwayne Hartford, adaptation. Rehearsals begin Sept. 12; tech begins Sept. 30; previews begin Oct. 5; runs Oct. 8-28); "Disney's Beauty and the Beast" (Linda Woolverton, book; Alan Menken, music; Howard Ashman & ...Jan 21
- Rehearses on Sat. and Sun. in the northern Berkshires of Massachusetts.
- Seeking submissions from: Wiliamstown, MA
Casting "Good God! Why?" a play/musical based on a book and with music from blues and gospel singer/songwriter Robin O'Herin. Producer states: "Come experience a play/musical that will honestly help you to connect to the piece of your life that has kept you from moving forward, blazing humor that helps ...Jan 21
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 1; runs Apr. 22, 23, and 24 (four performances; two evening, two matinees) at Notre Dame Academy School in Los Angeles, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting the all girls preparatory high school in West L.A.'s production of "Funny Girl." Director states: "We hire actors to work with us as guest artists. You get the opportunity to work with a professional musical director and vocal coaches. Location gives you good exposure to industry pros. Actors get ...Jan 20
- Rehearsals begin Apr. 11 in NYC; out-of-town performances run May 31-July 3.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; Orlando, FL
Seeking submissions for the roles of Patrick and Mr. Krabs in "The Spongebob Musical."Jan 20
- Rehearsals begin May 23 (Reefer Madness) and July 5 (Rocky Horror Show) evenings and weekends; runs June 23 – July 24 (Reefer Madness) and July 15–23 (Rocky Horror Show) Friday and Saturdays at midnight in Portsmouth, NH.
- Auditions: Feb 8, 9 in Portsmouth, NH
Casting "Reefer Madness and Rocky Horror Show Live."Jan 20
- Season runs May 16-Sept. 4, 2016; some jobbing possible in Chatham, NY.
- Auditions: Mar 7, 8, 9 in NY
Seeking non-equity principal performers for the The Mac-Haydn Theatre's 2016 summer season. Season includes: "My Fair Lady;" "Nice Work If You Can Get It," "South Pacific," "Chicago," "Into The Woods," "Sister Act," and "The Addams Family."Jan 20
- Rehearses June 23-Aug. 4 in Henderson, KY; runs Aug. 5-7 at the Henderson Fine Arts Center's McCormick Hall.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting "Chaplin," with music & lyrics Christopher Curtis and book by Christopher Curtis and Thomas Meehan. Director states: "One of the first productions in North America! From the slums of London to the heights of Hollywood, Chaplin depicts the life of the silent film legend the world couldn't stop talking ...Jan 19