Auditions for MusicalsBackstage's auditions for musical theater span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
Auditions for new musicals are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Currently running Off-Broadway.
- Auditions: Feb 26 in New York, NY
Seeking possible future replacements in the currently running Off-Broadway production of "The Fantasticks."Jan 26
- Season runs in Vista, CA.
- Auditions: Feb 22, 23, 24 in Vista, CA
Casting the 2016 Season for Moonlight Stage Productions. Season includes: "Sister Act" (John Vaughan, dir.-choreo.; Lyndon Pugeda, musical dir. Equity rehearsals begin May 30; runs June 15-July 2); "Peter Pan" (Steven Glaudini, producing artistic dir.-dir.; JD Dumas, co-musical dir.; Ken Gammie, co-musical dir.; Carlos Mendoza, choreo. Equity rehearsal begin July ...Jan 26
- Rehearsals begin March 1; runs April 2-24 in Chapel Hill, NC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Sweeney Todd," a musical.Jan 26
- Season runs in Wellfleet, MA.
- Auditions: Feb 12, 13, 14 in Wellfleet, MA
Casting the 2016 Season for Wellfleet Harbor Actors Theatre. Season includes: "A Midsummer Night's Dream" (Shakespeare, playwright. Rehearsals begin around Feb. 23; previews begin March 7; runs March 19-April 3); "Girlfriend" (Todd Almond, writer; Matthew Sweet, music & lyrics; Christopher Ostrom, dir. Rehearsals begin around April 20; previews begin May ...Jan 26
- Season runs in Aspen, CO.
- Auditions: Mar 6, in Aspen, CO
Casting the 2016 Season for Theatre Aspen. Season includes: "Mamma Mia" (Mark Martino, dir.-choreo.; Eric Alsford, music dir. Rehearsals begin June 6; previews begin June 24; runs June 27-Aug. 20); "Buyer and Cellar" (Maurice LaMee, dir. Rehearsals begin June 28; previews begin July 7; runs July 9-Aug. 19); and "Dear ...Jan 26
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 29 at At ArtsWestchester in White Plains or at The Grinton Will Library; runs Apr. 29-May 1 at the Joan R Pincus Theater in the Grinton Will Libray in Yonkers, NY (10 minutes from Jonathan Larson's hometown of White Plains). Note: Not all actors will be called to every rehearsal, exact schedule will depend on role/actors' availability. This production will open 20 years to the day of the original Broadway opening night.
- Auditions: Feb 15, 16, 20 in White Plains, NY
Casting a special 20th anniversary production of "Rent."Jan 26
- Productions run in Ft Myers, FL (Broadway Palm) and Dutch Apple (Lancaster, PA).
- Auditions: Feb 22, 23, 24, 25 in New York, NY
Casting the 2016 Season for Prather Entertainment Group. Broadway Palm season includes: "Funny Girl" (runs March 24-April 2); "Wizard of Oz" (runs June 23-Aug. 13); "Yesterdays" (runs Aug. 25-Oct. 8); "Evita" (runs Sept. 29-Nov. 19); and "Holiday Revue Show" (runs Nov. 10-Dec. 25 in FL). Dutch Apple season includes: "Mary ...Jan 26
- All rehearsals and performances are in Williamsburg, VA. Rehearsals begin for core shows sometime during the first two weeks of March. Shows open March 25 and run through Sept. 5.
- Auditions: Feb 12, in New York, NY
Seeking vibrant, energetic performers and musicians for Busch Gardens Williamsburg's collection of world-class spring season productions. Seeking a few triple threat performers, but mostly strong actors/singers and strong dancer/actors. Performers of all ethnicities are strongly encouraged to attend. Senior Manager states: "Award-winning creative team members come from Broadway, Hollywood, and ...Jan 26
- Season runs May 1-Nov. 6, 2016 in Ogunquit, ME.
- Auditions: Feb 13 in New Yor, NY
Seeking ensemble dancers for the 2016 Season for The Ogunquit Playhouse. Season includes: "Anything Goes," "Hunchback of Notre Dame," "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert," "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers," and "Million Dollar Quartet."Jan 26
- Season runs in Ogunquit, ME.
- Auditions: Feb 12 in New York, NY
Seeking ensemble singers for the 2016 Season for The Ogunquit Playhouse. Season includes: "Anything Goes," "Hunchback of Notre Dame," "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert," "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers," and "Million Dollar Quartet."Jan 26
- Currently casting two cabarets; rehearses Feb. 20; one cabaret performs Feb. 25 & 26 and one performs Feb. 27 & 28, in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking singers for the late-February cast of The Cranky Cabaret, a demented, fun-filled revue packed with delightfully angry, naughty, edgy songs. All styles of music welcomed, as long as it fits with the "cranky" theme.Jan 26
- Rehearsals begin Mar. 14; runs Apr. 15-May 28 at Candlelight Pavilion in Claremont, CA.
- Auditions: Feb 15, in Claremont, CA
Casting "How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying," winner of the Tony and Pulitzer Prize for it's 1961 debut, in which Finch, a window cleaner, finds a book of the same name and by following the often underhanded advice, he soon rises through the ranks of the World Wide ...Jan 25
- PA contract for next season will likely be from Sept. 2016-June 2017 Children's Theatre Company, 2400 3rd Ave. South, Minneapolis, MN.
- Auditions: Feb 17 in Washington, DC and Feb 19 in Chicago, IL
Seeking actors to audition for Children’s Theatre Company (CTC)'s Performing Apprentice (PA) Program for the 2016-2017 season. Company manager states: "CTC’s PA Program is one of the most intensive in the nation. It offers a comprehensive opportunity for gifted young actors ages 19 and older. PAs have the unique opportunity ...Jan 25
- Rehearsals for both shows begin August/September 2016 in NYC. Contracts typically run through summer 2017.
- Auditions: Feb 15 in New York, NY and Feb 16 in New York, NY
Casting singers for "Rent" (a rock opera set in New York’s Lower East Side “amid poverty, homelessness, spunky gay life, drag queens and punk” in the shadow of AIDS in the late 80s/early 90s) and "Mamma Mia" (The songs of the pop group ABBA provide the score for this romantic ...Jan 25