Auditions for MusicalsBackstage's auditions for musical theater span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
Auditions for new musicals are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 14 at Shelter Studios, 244 W. 54th St., NYC; runs Sept. 20-27 at American Theatre of Actors, 314 W. 54th St., NYC.
- Auditions: Aug 8, 9 in New York, NY
Casting "Sea Legs: A Nautical New Musical," an original off-off-Broadway musical.yesterday
- Rehearsals begin August 18. Production runs September 17-October 19 in Austin, TX.
- Auditions: Jul 28, in Austin, TX
Casting for "The King and I," the classic musical about a widow who accepts a job as a live-in governess to the King of Siam's children.yesterday
- Read-through take place Aug. 16; recording takes place at a home studio in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting a new concept recording of a musical version of "The Cherry Orchard." Composer states: "This is a low-budget independent recording, but audible.com has already given the go-ahead on distribution."yesterday
- Rehearsals TBD. Performances January 2-18, 2015, in Aptos, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 12, 13, in Aptos, CA
Casting the musical comedy "Urinetown." Production description: "Set in a futuristic world, a terrible water shortage has led to a government-enforced ban on private toilets in an attempt to regulate water consumption. The citizens of Urinetown must use public, pay-per-use amenities owned and operated by the Urine Good Company, a ...yesterday
- Rehearsal begins Sept. 1; tour runs through May 2015.
- Auditions: Aug 9 in New York, NY
Casting a nonunion tour of "Sister Act: A Divine Musical Comedy."yesterday
- October 2014 at Wynn Las Vegas
- Auditions: Aug 15 in Las Vegas, NV and Aug 13 in Van Nuys, CA
Seeking: Principle Vocalists Women: Looking for two women who have Broadway (Golden Age) legit lyrical voices as well as strong character belt voices. Both women should be capable of singing material such as: It’s Today/Mame; Rose’s Turn/Gypsy; Adelaide’s Lament/Guys and Dolls; All that Jazz/Chicago. Men: Looking for two male performers. ...Tuesday
- Preparation begins late-Aug. 2014; staged reading presentation early-Sept. 2014 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting lead in a developmental musical love story set in the Orient.Tuesday
- Rehearsals will begin early September. Performances will be early October- to mid-November, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 3, in Chicago, IL and Aug 4, 5 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Guide to Being Single," a musical. Project description: "In the crowded bars of Wrigleyville, it can be hard to meet people. Don't you wish you had a foolproof book that told you, step-by-step how to find partners for meaningless sexual encounters? The Guide to Being Single is the ...Tuesday
- Currently running on tour.
- Auditions: Aug 5 in New York, NY
Seeking Equity actor/singers for future principal replacements in the currently running first National Tour Production (Latter Day Tour) of "The Book of Mormon."Tuesday
- Rehearses Aug. 4-Oct. 22 (every Sun., Mon. & Wed. 2-5 p.m. and Thurs. 7-10 p.m.); runs Oct. 23-Nov. 1 for six evening performances (including Halloween night) in CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Long Beach, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Huntington Beach, CA; San Pedro, CA; Torrance, CA
Casting "Frankenstein the Musical."Tuesday
- Rehearses and runs at the Scranton Cultural Center in Scranton, PA.
- Auditions: Aug 16, 17 in New York, NY
Casting a December 2014 production of Harry Connick Jr.’s "The Happy Elf."Monday