Auditions for MusicalsBackstage's auditions for musical theater span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
Auditions for new musicals are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearsals begin approx. April 7. Previews begin approx. May 20; open-ended run begins May 29 in NYC.
- Auditions: Mar 24 in New York, NY
Casting "The Anthem," a rollicking sci-fi musical about a revolt of the young against an evil state. Synopsis: In a world where individuality is illegal, Prometheus abandons everything to confront the State--led by his own mother, Pandora. Prometheus falls in love with the beautiful rebel leader Athena. Together they fight ...yesterday
- The event is being held April 5-6 in NYC. If cast in any projects, the performance dates and locations will vary depending on the theater or production company.
- Auditions: Apr 5, 6 in New York City, NY
Theater Resources Unlimited (TRU) is presenting the annual TRU Combined Audition Event, which will be attended by more than 40 NY-area Equity and non-Equity producing companies, directors, and producers, and other individuals, including casting directors and agents. The TRU Voices Reading Series will also be cast at this event.yesterday
- Rehearses March 25 & April 5 (required); runs April 11-12 in midtown Manhattan, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: NY
Casting singers for "The Cranky Cabaret." Company states: "A wild, demented, fun filled show packed with delightfully naughty, angry, edgy songs seeks singers for its mid-April cast. All styles of music welcomed, as long as it fits with our "cranky" theme!"yesterday
- Performs July 16-Aug. 3 (15 shows) at the historic (air-conditioned) Civil War Drill Hall Theater, 130 Grand Ave, Leonia, NJ.
- Auditions: Mar 29, 30, Apr 26, 27, May 10, 12, 13, 14 in Leonia, NJ
Casting "Les Miserables."yesterday
- Held June 16-29th at the Player's Theatre, 115 MacDougal Street in NYC.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking submissions from composers, lyricists, playwrights, writers, directors, accompanists, and more for the 5th Annual West Village Musical Theatre Festival. Producer states: "The 'world's tallest short-musical festival' will feature 30 original pieces over two weeks. Community events, industry collaboration, parties, hobnobbing and the renowned 'Westies' award ceremony are all a ...yesterday
- Rehearses April 7-May 22; runs May 23-June 8 at Camino Real Playhouse in San Juan Capistrano, CA.
- Auditions: Mar 30, 31 in San Juan Capistrano, CA
Casting "Side Show," based on the true story of Siamese twins Violet and Daisy Hilton who became stars during the depression. Producer states: "'Side Show' was nominated for four 1997 Tony Awards, including Best Musical!"yesterday
- Performs May 20-June 12, 2014 in Orvieto, Italy (about 60 miles outside of Rome).
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Orvieto Opera is casting a production of Verdi's "Falstaff." Jeff-nominated Chicago-based director, Elizabeth Margolius will direct and will be working alongside critically acclaimed conductor, Nyela Basney. All leading roles are available and will be double cast and guaranteed. The productions feature a world-class Italian 19-piece orchestra and a local chorus, ...Sunday
- Rehearses in July in NYC; runs Aug. 8-24 at 'The New York International Fringe Festival in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting a new musical, "The 8th Fold" by "up & coming" British writing team Gianni Onori and Ava Eldred. Synopsis: "The 8th Fold" is a tale of loss, learning and new beginnings. Set in the recent past and rooted in the American war on terror, it tells the story of ...Sunday
- Rehearses April-May in Los Angeles; performs early-to-mid June in Hollywood as part of the Hollywood Fringe Fest.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "We Can Be One: A Musical About Coming Home," a new musical about two young couples dealing with issues related to military deployment and PTSD.Saturday
- Rehearsals begin January 2015; runs Mar. 6-21, 2015 in NJ.
- Auditions: Mar 19, 26 in Rahway, NJ
Casting "Nine" a musical about Guido Contini, a famous Italian film director who has to shoot a film for which he can't write the script, while his wife of twenty years Luisa may be about to leave him if he can't pay more attention to the marriage. In an attempt ...Saturday
- Rehearses July 21-Aug. 20 at the Pittsburgh Musical Theater Studios in West End, Pittsburgh, PA; runs Aug. 21-31 at The New Hazlett Center for the Performing Arts on the North Side of Pittsburgh, PA.
- Auditions: Apr 1, 2, 3 in Pittsburgh, PA
Casting AEA and non-AEA actors for both male and female roles of all ethnicities and racial backgrounds. Females who can play 13-16 years old are also needed.Saturday
- Rehearses March 24-April 4; tech runs April 7-April 11; runs April 12-May 18 in Bridgeport, CT.
- Seeking submissions from: Bridgeport, CT
Casting "Aladdin," a brand new musical version of the classic tale for children and families presented by the renowned Downtown Cabaret Children's Company. This new family comedy is filled with music, fun characters, and the classic story that everyone can enjoy.Saturday