Auditions for MusicalsBackstage's auditions for musical theater span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
Auditions for new musicals are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Runs Oct. 17-19, 24-26 at the Village Theatre of Orange in CA.
- Auditions: Aug 25 in Orange, CA
Casting "Man of La Mancha" the musical. Synopsis: "While awaiting a hearing with the Inquisition, Cervantes presents a play as his defense in a mock trial for the prisoners. In it, he plays Alhonso Quiana, a man who has set his own reality aside and become Don Quixote De La ...17 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 3; runs Oct. 3-5 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking actors and singers for a benefit performance raising awareness about homeless youth for a Joseph Alexander Awareness Project.18 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin approx. Jan. 13, 2015 in NYC; performance dates TBA.
- Auditions: Sep 4, 5 in New York, NY
Casting "It Shoulda Been You." Synopsis: In a world where nothing is what it seems, religions collide, Machiavellian plots are revealed, promises broken, secrets exposed, and hope springs from the most unlikely of places. Is it the latest conflict in the Middle East? No, it’s just the Steinberg wedding.19 hours ago
- Production dates and locations vary by company.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking actors, singers, and dancers for over 25 professional stock, regional, repertory, touring and dinner theaters, cruise lines, and more from across the nation for SETC Fall Professional Combined Auditions.19 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin January 2015 in NYC; performances begin February 2015 on tour.
- Auditions: Sep 19 in New York, NY
Casting male singers for the national and international touring concert of "Three Mo' Tenors" conceived, directed and choreographed by Marion J. Caffey. Synopsis: The hit PBS Great Performances and international touring concert is seeking versatile tenor singers of all non-Caucasian ethnicities for current and future productions, including a possible 15th ...yesterday
- Rehearsals begin late October-early November and productions run through the end of 2014, in Hershey, PA and Lake Geneva, WI.
- Auditions: Sep 15, 16 in New York, NY
Seeking talent for brand-new live entertainment at Hersheypark Christmas Candylane and the Hershey Lodge in Hershey, PA and Grand Geneva Resort and Spa in Lake Geneva, WI this holiday season, produced by RWS and Associates.20 hours ago
- Rehearses late September and early October, dates and times TBD; performs Oct. 9 (eve.) at Carnegie Hall, NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Expert musicians needed: Seeking additional instrumentalists -- violinist, cellist and acoustic bassist -- for a concert performance of selected dialogue and songs from the new, original musical "Fannie Lou," inspired by voting-rights activist Fannie Lou Hamer. You will part of a six-piece on-stage instrumental ensemble accompanying actor-singers. Event is a ...yesterday
- Performs Nov. 15 & 16 (11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. performances both days) in Livingston, NJ.
- Auditions: Sep 6, 7 in Livingston, NJ
Casting Livingston Community Players' upcoming Theater for Young Audiences production of "A Year With Frog and Toad." Synopsis: Adapted from the Broadway hit, "A Year With Frog and Toad" was nominated for three Tony Awards, including Best Musical. Based on Arnold Lobel's well-loved books and featuring a hummable score by ...yesterday
- Rehearses Oct. 12 (10 a.m.-1 p.m.), Nov. 28 (10 a.m.-5 p.m.), Nov. 29 (9 a.m.-5 p.m.), Nov. 30 (9 a.m.-5 p.m.), Dec. 6 (9 a.m.-5 p.m.), Dec. 7 (9 a.m.-5 p.m.), Dec. 8 (4-10 p.m.), and Dec. 9 (4-10 p.m.). Tech/dress rehearsals are Dec. 10 (4-10 p.m.), Dec. 11 (4-10 p.m.), Dec. 12 (3-6 p.m.), and Dec. 13 (3-6 p.m.). Runs Dec. 12-21. Rehearses and performs at the Summit Playhouse in Summit, NJ, within walking distance of the NJ Transit station.
- Auditions: Sep 7 in New York, NY and Sep 8 in Summit, NJ
Casting "The Hundred Dresses." Synopsis: Wanda Petronski lives way up in a shabby house in Boggins Heights, and she doesn't have any friends. Every day she wears a faded blue dress, which wouldn't be too much of a problem if she didn't tell her classmates that she had a hundred ...yesterday
- Rehearsals begin September 1. Runs Sat.-Weds. at 5:30 p.m., at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas, NV.
- Auditions: Aug 28 in Las Vegas, NV
Casting "Shakin'," a new original production starring Eric Jordan Young and opening at Planet Hollywood.yesterday
- Rehearsals begin Nov. 17; runs Dec. 5, 2014-Jan. 4, 2015 in Dallas, TX.
- Auditions: Sep 6 in Addison, TX
Casting "The Great American Trailer Park Christmas Musical."yesterday
- Rehearsal begins Sept. 14; runs November 7-9 & 14-16 at Arc Stages in Pleasantville, NY.
- Auditions: Sep 3, 4, 6 in Pleasantville, NY
Casting "Assassins," a musical about nine individuals who assassinated or tried to assassinate the President of the United States. From John Wilkes Booth to Lee Harvey Oswald, writers Stephen Sondheim and John Weidman bend the rules of time and space, taking us on a nightmarish roller coaster ride in which ...yesterday
- Rehearsal begins Jan. 6, 2015; runs Jan. 30-Feb. 23, 2015 in WI.
- Auditions: Sep 1 in Milwaukee, WI
Casting "Once on This Island," a musical.yesterday
- Production runs December 20-21, in New Orleans, LA.
- Auditions: Aug 21, in Jefferson, LA
Casting for "Ballet Hysell's The Nutcracker," featuring The Jefferson Performing Arts Society Symphony Orchestra. Project description: "On Christmas Eve, a little girl falls asleep after a party at her home and dreams herself (or does she?) into a fantastic world where toys become larger than life."yesterday
- Rehearsals begin Nov. 11; runs Dec. 3-28 (with possible extension through Jan. 4, 2015) in Little Rock, AR.
- Auditions: Sep 16, 17 in New York City, NY