Auditions for MusicalsBackstage's auditions for musical theater span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
Auditions for new musicals are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Currently running at the Jerry Orbach Theater at the Snapple Theater Center in NYC.
- Auditions: Dec 17 in New York, NY
Casting possible future replacements for "The Fantasticks."Thursday
- Rehearses January 2014; opens Jan. 28, 2014 in Brooklyn; tours till March 12, 2014 in Manhattan, Bronx, and Queens, NY. Note: Rehearsals and performances are weekdays with some weekend dates.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; Brooklyn, NY
Casting "The African Drum." Personnel states: "The Shadow Box Theatre, multi-ethnic children's musical puppet repertory company, seeks singer/actor/dancers for "The African Drum.""Thursday
- Runs in 2014 at Stage 773 in Chicago, IL, and tours in Pittsburgh and Puerto Rico with other cities to be announced.
- Auditions: Dec 11, 12 in Chicago, IL
Casting a play with music, "DC-7: The Roberto Clemente Story," as part of NightBlue Theatre Company's season, in which three of the most influential characters in Clemente's life meet at his funeral to share their memories. Coordinator states: "Matino (Clemente’s brother), Vera (his widow) and Ramiro Martínez (a close friend ...Wednesday
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 28 (Tues.-Fri. 4-10 p.m. & Sat. 10-6 p.m.); performs Feb. 13 (8 p.m.), Feb. 14 (2 p.m. & 8 p.m.) and Feb. 15, 2014 (8 p.m.) in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Chick Flick the Musical." NY auditions will be held on an upcoming date TBD by appointment only.Wednesday
- Rehearses Feb. 10-23, 2014 in NYC; runs Feb. 24-May 14, 2014 in NYC. Note: All dates subject to change.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Click Clack Moo," based on the popular book Click Clack Moo by Billy Aronson.Tuesday
- Currently running Off Broadway at New World Stages in NYC.
- Auditions: Dec 19 in New York, NY
Casting "Avenue Q." Personnel states: ""Avenue Q" was the winner of the 2004 Tony awards for Best Musical, Best Book, and Best Original Score. It is a musical focusing on a group of unique 20 somethings making their way in the big city, seeking their purpose in life, who find ...Tuesday
- Rehearsals begin March 4, 2014; runs March 25-April 13, 2014 in Arvada, CO.
- Auditions: Jan 8, 9 in Arvada, CO
Casting "End of the Rainbow."Tuesday
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 2014; special event and publicity performances throughout 2014; production opens Spring 2015. All rehearsals and performances will take place in San Diego, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 15 in San Diego, CA
Casting "The [untitled] Lumineers Project," a full-length dance theater production set to the Lumineers' self-titled debut album. Producer states: "[The piece] will include a full script, dance, and added elements of mixed media/film. The story follows a young man in the 1950s through his complex relationships and the struggles he ...Tuesday
- Performances run Feb. 17-28, 2014, at the Herberger Theater in Phoenix, AZ.
- Seeking submissions from: Phoenix, AZ
Casting "Harlem Ren," a musical romp through the Harlem Renaissance. Between 1915 and 1935, the Harlem Renaissance movement defined African American art, literature, music and philosophy. During this time, African American artists, musicians, philosophers and writers honed their skills, creating a cultural force and style that would forever leave its ...Monday
- Rehearses in January and February; runs as part of the Oberon New Works series beginning Mar. 24 with additional workshop performances in July 2014.
- Auditions: Dec 14, in Cambridge, MA
Casting "Sexyback: Or What You Will," a reinvention of Shakespeare’s "Twelfth Night," set to the music of early 2000’s boy-bands from Touch Performance Art (resident artists of the American Repertory Theater’s Oberon and creators of AcousticaElectronica).Monday
- Rehearsals begin Dec. 7; runs Dec. 19-21 in the historic Shumway Schoolhouse, in The White Mountains of North-Eastern Arizona. Unless actor lives local to Show Low, there will be travel involved.
- Auditions: Dec 10 in Gilbert, AZ
Casting "On This Christmas Eve," the story of Liz, who has lost the spirit of Christmas. She and her family have just arrived at her mother’s house for the first time since her mom passed away over two years ago. Liz and her siblings have decided to celebrate Christmas together ...Monday
- Performances run Feb. 28-March 23, 2014 in Albuquerque, NM.
- Auditions: Dec 8 in Albuquerque,, NM
Casting "Cats," an the musical.Monday
- Rehearses Mar. 3-7, 2014; runs Mar. 7-9, 2014 at the York Theatre Company in NYC.
- Auditions: Dec 9, 10 in New York, NY
Casting "Tenderloin," with lyrics by Sheldon Harnick, book by George Abbott and Jerome Weidman, and music by Jerry Bock.Monday