Auditions for MusicalsBackstage's auditions for musical theater span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
Auditions for new musicals are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearsals begin Mar. 16; runs through May 3 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Nov 20, Dec 8, 9 in Chicago, IL
Seeking AGMA/Equity singers & AGMA/Equity/non-union dancers for "Carousel," a musical.3 hours ago
- First reading is December 20, 12-3 p.m. in Chicago, IL. Rehearsals begin February 2. Shows May 7-June 6, Thursday-Saturday at 8 p.m.
- Auditions: Nov 22 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Xtigone," a contemporary, lyrical reimagining of Sophocles's Antigone by Nambi E. Kelley. Project description: "Chicago. Present Day. Xtigone's brothers have both been killed in drive-by shootings by each other's rival gangs. Xtigone's uncle, Marcellus da Man (mayor), calls a press conference on CNN to announce that the bodies should ...2 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Dec. 15; Jan. 30-Mar. 8, 2015 at Chance Theater in Anaheim. Note: There will be time off for the Christmas and New Years holidays.
- Auditions: Nov 9, 10 in Anaheim, CA
Casting a new musical, "Loch Ness," about a teenage girl who finds an unlikely soul mate in the legendary sea serpent.yesterday
- Classes are held at Ripley Grier Studios in NYC. Upcoming master classes include: "BAA Musical Theatre Intensive Day at Telsey + Company with Betsy Wolfe and Cameron Adams" (Nov. 16); "NY Agent Master Class with Jamie Pillet and Leslie Zaslower," two top NYC theatrical agents for young performers (Dec. 14); "'Wicked'-Themed Master Class" (Jan. 18); "Special Guest Master Class" (Jan. 19); "Tony Award-Winning Guest Master Class" (Feb. 17).*
- Seeking submissions from: New York City, NY
BAA is currently seeking advanced young musical theatre performers (ages 8-21) for upcoming one-day Broadway master classes in NYC. BAA notes: "Participants will study song interpretation, audition technique, and Broadway dance with Tony Award-winning instructors, Broadway performers, and Broadway casting directors! Work one on one with the stars and casting ...yesterday
- Rehearsals begin Dec. 15; runs Jan. 8-May 17 in NY.
- Auditions: Nov 13, in New York, NY
Casting "Dinosaur Train Live: Buddy's Big Adventure," a musical based on the successful animated series from The Jim Henson Show with puppets designed and built by the Jim Henson Creature Shop.yesterday
- Rehearses Apr. 27-Jun. 7, 2015; runs June 9 -14 in Brooklyn, NY; tours Jun. 15-Sep. 30, 2015 to waterfront communities in the U.S. and Canada along the rivers, canals and lakes, sailing and performing throughout the entire journey.
- Auditions: Nov 23, 24 in Brooklyn, NY
Casting "Hacked: The Treasure Of The Empire," an experimental opera that will open in Brooklyn in June 2015, tour to Canada, then south to Florida. Multidisciplinary theater with singers/actors, aerial artists, masks, and movement, with an original music score performed on the deck and rigging of a 90 ft. sailing ...yesterday
- Rehearses mid-November 2014; runs early December 2014-January 2015 in Rochester, NY.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting "The Bikinis," a musical in which a girl group brings back all the great songs they sang down on the boardwalk at the Jersey Shore all to raise money for the good folks at Sandy Shores Mobile Home Beach Resort on Florida's Gold Coast. Production states: "With a show ...yesterday
- Rehearsal begins Dec. 3; tour runs Dec. 26, 2014-May 21, 2015.
- Auditions: Nov 18 in New York, NY
Casting a North American nonunion tour of "Guys & Dolls."Music and Lyrics: Frank Loesser, Book: Jo Swerling & Abe Burrows,yesterday
- Rehearsal begins Feb. 10, 2015; runs Mar. 17-Apr. 26, with possible extension May 3, 2015.
- Seeking submissions from: Washington, DC
Casting "Man of La Mancha," with music by Mitch Leugh, lyrics by Joe Darlon, and book by Dale Wasserman.yesterday
- Ongoing sessions are held at Ripley-Grier Studios in NYC. If not local, sessions are held via FaceTime or Skype online.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking participants for "Acting Through Song" classes. Owner states: "We work directly with professional actors, singers, and dancers and those who are recent graduates or aspiring musical theater performers to help them truly connect to their material. It's all about bringing yourself to your work and finding your honesty in ...yesterday
- Rehearsals begin in mid-January; there will be a reading with music, March. 1, 2015 performance at 54 Below, and a run opening July 3, 2015 at the Off Broadway Theater : Theatre at St. Clements, NYC.
- Auditions: Nov 12, 13, 15 in New York, NY
Casting "Comfort Women: A New Musical." Synopsis: 1941, Seoul, Korea; Geoun, the widow of a fallen Korean soldier of WWII, is coerced into a new career in Tokyo, working in the factories. However, she is held hostage, transported to Indonesia, and becomes a Japanese Imperal Army sexual slave against her ...yesterday