Auditions for MusicalsBackstage's auditions for musical theater span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
Auditions for new musicals are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
Posted: 26 minutes ago
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 9; runs Sept. 6-Oct. 2 in Pasadena, CA.
- Auditions: Jun 6 in Santa Monica, CA
Casting "The Fantasticks," with book & lyrics by Tom Jones and music by Harvey Schmidt.
Posted: 47 minutes ago
- Rehearsals begin May 31 in N. Hollywood and mid-city locations; runs July 8-Aug. 7 at the Kirk Douglas Theatre in Los Angeles, CA.
- Auditions: May 11 in Hollywood, CA
Casting "Recorded in Hollywood" with book by Matt Donnelly and music & lyrics by Andy Cooper.
Posted: 1 hours ago
- Runs May 10-15 in Beverly Hills, CA.
- Auditions: May 4 in N. Hollywood, CA
Casting "Merrily We Roll Along."
Posted: 2 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 27 in NYC; tours Nov. 12, 2016-Jan. 1, 2017 in Bloomington, IN, Omaha, NE, Las Vegas, NV, Los Angeles, CA, Salt Lake City, UT, San Francisco, CA, and Sacramento, CA.
- Auditions: May 11 in New York, NY and May 12 in New York, NY
Casting Equity Actor/Singers for various roles in the Production Tiered Tour of "Irving Berlin's White Christmas." This is the musical based on the classic movie musical "White Christmas," featuring the timeless songs “Blue Skies”, “Love You Didn’t Do Right By Me”, “I Love a Piano”, and of course the title ...
Posted: 3 hours ago
- Season rehearses and performs at the Johnson Theatre, Tennessee Performing Arts Center in Nashville, TN.
- Auditions: May 18, 19 in Nashville, TN
Casting the Nashville Repertory Theatre Season. Season includes "The Last Five Years" (Jason Robert Brown, writer; Jason Tucker, dir.-music dir. Rehearses Aug. 24-Sept. 7, 2016; runs Sept. 8-24); "Noises Off" (Michael Frayn, writer; René Copeland, dir. Rehearses Sept. 24-Oct. 12; runs Oct. 13-Nov. 5); "A Christmas Story" (Phillip Grecian, adaptation; ...
Posted: 4 hours ago
- Ongoing ten-month domestic tour.
- Auditions: May 13 in Liverpool, NY
Casting singer-dancers and full body costume performers for future tours and replacement positions for VStar's family-friendly stage production "Sesame Street Live!"
Posted: 5 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin May 16 (Mon. and Tues.) in Laguna Woods; runs Aug. 25-27 at the OC Mission, Tustin, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Laguna Woods, CA
Casting a youth theater production of "Anything Goes" intended for kids age 18 and under. Note that this show features a lot of tap-dancing; no experience necessary. Learning to tap-dance will be part of the process. Only submit if you are under age 18, and be sure to map out ...
Posted: 6 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin June 20; runs July 6-16 (Wed.-Sat., with matinees on both Fridays at 2 p.m.) in West Long Branch, NJ.
- Auditions: May 14 in West Long Branch, NJ
Seeking Equity female singers and actors for "Always Patsy Cline."
Posted: 7 hours ago
- Guest Artist contracts run 5-7 weeks in Foster City, CA.
- Auditions: May 9 in Foster City, CA
Casting the Hillbarn Theatre's 76th season. Season includes "Legally Blonde" (Dan Demers, dir.; Jim Ambler, choreo. Previews begin Aug. 25; runs through Sept. 18 with a possible extension); "A Few Good Men" (Josh Marx, dir. Previews begin Oct. 13; runs through Oct. 23); "Mary Poppins" (Dan Demers, dir.; Michelle Greenberg-Shannon, ...
Posted: 8 hours ago
- Season rehearses and runs in San Francisco, CA.
- Auditions: May 16 in San Francisco, CA
Casting all shows, all principal performers, for San Francisco Playhouse's 2016-17 season. Season includes: "The Kitchen" (Theresa Rebeck, writer. Rehearsals begin Sept. 6, 2016; closes Nov. 12); show TBA (rehearsals begin Oct. 25, 2016; closes Jan. 14, 2017); "The Christians" (Lucas Hnath, writer. Rehearsals begin Jan. 3; closes Mar. 11); ...
Posted: 10 hours ago
- Seeking an immediate replacement for the role of Michael. Rehearsals are currently in progress at The Worship Center, located at 1449 Jupiter Park Dr., Ste. 18, Jupiter, FL. Rehearsal schedule: Thurs., 6-9 p.m.; Fri., 6-10 p.m.; Sat., 2:30-5 p.m.; and Sun., 2-6 p.m. Tech week: June 6, 7, 8, and 9. Runs June 10, 11, and 12 in Jupiter, FL.
- Auditions: Apr 29 in Jupiter, FL
Casting "J-Three Sixteen," a two-act musical written by Lisa Merril Glassman and Linda Fox. Synopsis: The musical takes place at a college dorm during senior year. The characters encounter difficult circumstances, which lead them to search for their purpose and meaning in life. Casting director states: "This show is not ...
Posted: 10 hours ago
- Rehearses May 1-29 (evenings and weekends); runs May 20-29 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking versatile and expressive male and female dancers with ballet, musical theater, and/or modern dance training to be featured in Act I of "Rigoletto."
Posted: 23 hours ago
- Performances will be at the Midtown International Theatre Festival for three performances. Specific rehearsal/performance dates TBD. Festival runs July 16–Aug. 7 in NYC.
- Auditions: May 14 in New York, NY
Casting "The Nose," a musical. Synopsis: A man's nose disappears from his face, and turns up the next day gallivanting around St. Petersburg dressed as a general --what a lot of nonsense. "The Nose" is a family-friendly musical adaptation of the classic story by Nikolai Gogol. Producer states: "The show ...
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 4; runs Oct. 21-23 in St. Louis, MO.
- Auditions: May 14, in Chesterfield, MO
Casting children for the upcoming production of Disney's "Beauty and the Beast."