Auditions for MusicalsBackstage's auditions for musical theater span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
Auditions for new musicals are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearses June 14-21 (must arrive June 14; rehearsals begin June 15 and run 9 a.m.-5 p.m. the first week, with a half-hour lunch and break and free time after 5 p.m.; second week schedule TBD based on what needs to be worked); performs June 26 & 27 (7 p.m.); depart June 28. Camp is located in Oscoda, MI. No late arrivals or early departures; participants must be available for all dates and must strike after closing performance.
- Auditions: Sep 20 in New York, NY and Sep 27 in Nashville, TN and Oct 25 in Redding, CA and Dec 6 in Toledo, OH and Dec 7 in Detroit, MI and Dec 8 in Tawas City, MI
Casting "Annie," a production for the HFCC Performing Arts Company, a performing-arts camp that aims to provide participants with a professional training environment. Young actors will perform alongside professional guest artists in a 550-seat theater with a professional union orchestra and polished costumes and sets. There are also additional performing ...Thursday
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 25 on Sun.-Thurs. evenings; runs Oct. 2-Nov. 2 (Thurs.-Sun. w/ added late-night shows, no matinees) in Santa Ana, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 12, 13 in Santa Ana, CA
Casting "The Rocky Horror Show Live!" the upcoming electrifying annual live stage production directed and choreographed for the first time by Broadway veteran Michael Wallot.11 hours ago
- Rehearsal begins o/a Sept. 8; runs through April 2015 in NYC.
- Auditions: Aug 6 in New York, NY
Casting replacements for "Joseph and the Amazing... Dreamcoat."19 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin January 2015 in Ashland, OR.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting non-Equity ensemble roles for both "Head Over Heels," the new Go-Go's musical by Jeff Whitty and directed by Ed Sylvanus Iskander, and "Guys and Dolls," directed by Mary Zimmerman.20 hours ago
- Performances run October 24-November 9, in Pleasant Hill, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 25, 26 in Pleasant Hill, CA
Casting the musical "The Wedding Singer." Production description: "A wedding singer in the 1980s meets a waitress with whom he falls in love."21 hours ago
- Rehearses September-November (Mon.-Fri. eves. & some Sun.); runs Nov. 8-16 at the Irvington Town Hall Theater, 85 Main St., Irvington, NY (30 min. from Grand Central Terminal).
- Auditions: Aug 11 in Irvington, NY
Casting "Miss Saigon." Synopsis: This epic musical love story tells the tragic tale of a young bar girl, orphaned by war, who falls in love with an American G.I.--but their lives are torn apart by the fall of Saigon. A haunting tale based on Puccini's Madame Butterfly.23 hours ago
- Rehearses July-Aug. (Tue. & Thu., 6-10 p.m., as well as Aug. 9, 13, 16, & 23, 9 a.m.-noon); runs Aug. 27 at 2 p.m., Aug. 30 at 1 p.m., and Aug. 31 at 4:30 p.m. at the Theatre at St. Clement's in NYC.
- Auditions: Jul 31, Aug 3 in New York, NY and Aug 2 in NY, NY
Casting "No Name In The Street," a gospel/rock concert musical based on the biblical story of Job.yesterday
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 8 (Mon.-Thurs., plus Sat. & Sun. TBA); runs Nov. 7-16 at the Landis Performing Arts Center, 4800 Magnolia Ave., Riverside, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 24, 25, in Riverside, CA
Casting "Shrek the Musical." Based on the hit film, "Shrek the Musical" is a Tony Award-winning stage musical that has swept the world with its magic. Featuring all new songs from Jeanine Tesori ("Thoroughly Modern Mille," "Caroline or Change") and a side-splitting book by David Lindsay-Abaire as well as cult ...yesterday
- Rehearsals begin in September in Atlanta, GA, exact dates TBD; tours in fall 2014.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting a musical stage play for Tyler Perry Studios.yesterday
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 14 (nonunion) and Sept. 22 (AEA); runs Oct. 10-26 at Plummer Auditorium in Fullerton, CA, and Nov. 1-9 (two weekends) at Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center, Redondo Beach, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 25 in Anaheim, CA