Auditions for MusicalsBackstage's auditions for musical theater span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
Auditions for new musicals are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 8 (Mon.-Thurs., plus Sat. & Sun. TBA); runs Nov. 7-16 at the Landis Performing Arts Center, 4800 Magnolia Ave., Riverside, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 24, 25, in Riverside, CA
Casting "Shrek the Musical." Based on the hit film, "Shrek the Musical" is a Tony Award-winning stage musical that has swept the world with its magic. Featuring all new songs from Jeanine Tesori ("Thoroughly Modern Mille," "Caroline or Change") and a side-splitting book by David Lindsay-Abaire as well as cult ...7 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin in September in Atlanta, GA, exact dates TBD; tours in fall 2014.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting a musical stage play for Tyler Perry Studios.7 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 14 (nonunion) and Sept. 22 (AEA); runs Oct. 10-26 at Plummer Auditorium in Fullerton, CA, and Nov. 1-9 (two weekends) at Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center, Redondo Beach, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 25 in Anaheim, CA
Casting "Ragtime."8 hours ago
- Performs Oct. 31 & Nov. 1 (two shows per day, with possible additional performance dates) in Hallendale, FL.
- Auditions: Aug 3 in Hallendale, FL
Casting "The Rocky Horror Show."9 hours ago
- Rehearses and runs in Elmsford, NY.
- Auditions: Aug 11 in New York, NY
Casting Equity actor/singers for various roles in two shows for Westchester Broadway Theatre. Shows include: "South Pacific" (Charles Repole, dir.; Leo Caruson, musical dir. Rehearsals begin Sept. 15; opens Sept. 25; unpaid hiatus Dec. 1-28; resumes Dec. 30; closes Jan. 25) and "It Happened One Christmas Eve" (Jonathan Stahl, dir.).9 hours ago
- Rehearses Aug. 26 & Sept. 7; runs Sept. 12 & 13 in midtown Manhattan, NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking singers for the early-September cast of "The Cranky Cabaret." Director states: "'The Cranky Cabaret' is a wild, demented, fun filled show packed with delightfully naughty, angry, edgy songs. All styles of music welcomed, as long as it fits with our 'cranky' theme."12 hours ago
- No group rehearsals; singers will be sent instructions and expected to prepare individually. Show is Aug. 7 (9:30 p.m., 21+) in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; Brooklyn, NY; Jersey City, NJ; Hoboken, NJ; Stamford, CT; Philadelphia, PA
Casting singers for a choir flash mob. Artist Jay Stolar is putting together a 50-person choir to join him "spontaneously" as he is performing live on the Lower East Side of Manhattan. Production company will be placing hidden cameras throughout the venue that will be capturing the audience's responses as ...Wednesday
- Rehearsals begin August 11. Performances run September 19-October 4, in Tempe, AZ.
- Auditions: Aug 4 in Tempe, AZ
Casting "The Brothers Size." Project Description: "Set on the back-roads of the Louisiana bayou, Oshoosi Size has been recently paroled and seeks to jumpstart his life. Working in his brother Ogun’s repair shop was not at all what he had in mind, so when his old friend Elegba rolls up, ...yesterday
- Rehearses Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, beginning August 29. Show runs November 8-23, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 21, 22, 24 in Franklin Park, IL
Casting "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers," a musical about a young bride living in the 1850's Oregon wilderness. Her plan to civilize and marry off her six rowdy brothers-in-law to ensure the success of her own marriage backfires when the brothers, in their enthusiasm, kidnap six women from a neighboring ...yesterday
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 28. Previews begin Nov. 20; performs Dec. 12 in Dallas, TX.
- Auditions: Aug 12, 13 in Dallas, TX
Casting "Civil War Christmas."yesterday