Auditions for MusicalsBackstage's auditions for musical theater span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
Auditions for new musicals are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearses in late September and early October in New York City. Single night performance on October 16th at the Dixon Place Lounge.
- Auditions: Sep 6 in New York, NY
Casting THE CHIMES and LOVE IN THE DARK, two new one-act musicals that will be presented on a single night as part of the WORRY NOISE DIRT HEAT inaugural evening, OUTSIDE IN. THE CHIMES is an angular-pop plunge through the psychology of a young couple tormented by omnipresent, torturous wind ...1 hours ago
- Rehearsals will be held in the Midway Community Center which is 50 minutes from downtown Salt Lake City and 35 minutes from Provo. Performances will be December 12-22 in the historic Midway Town Hall as a part of Midway’s Small Town Fourth Celebration in Midway, UT. Our sell-out dinner theater show will be held December 17.
- Auditions: Sep 17, 19 in Midway, UT
Casting the popular Disney musical “Beauty and the Beast.” Project Description: An arrogant young prince and his castle's servants fall under the spell of a wicked enchantress, who turns him into the hideous Beast until he learns to love and be loved in return. The spirited, headstrong village girl Belle ...4 hours ago
- Rehearsals will begin October 1 and will be held every Wed., Fri. & Sat. evening, excluding the weekends of Halloween and Thanksgiving. Performances will be December 10-12 in UT.
- Seeking submissions from: Salt Lake City, UT
Casting two revue-style productions, "Oliver!" and "Scrooge" for the 2015 Dickens Festival. Project description: "Performers will also interact with the festival attendees as Charles Dickens’ famous characters on the streets of London. At 6 p.m. sharp, the cast of 'Oliver' (a shortened, 50-minute revue) take to the main stage. After ...5 hours ago
- Rehearses Oct 5th-15th in Hamden, CT, with a one-night performance benefit Thursday, Oct 15th at 6:30pm at Bill Miller's Castle in Branford, CT.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Legacy Theatre is seeking Male 1 in Songs for a New World by Jason Robert Brown to be performed at Bill Miller's Castle in Branford, CT October 15th. Seeking a strong solo high tenor male performer with passion and zest. This production is part of a fundraising benefit to restore ...yesterday
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 19 (weekday eves. & weekends); runs Nov. 27-Dec. 27 Thu. & Fri. 8 p.m.; Sat. 3 p.m. & 8 p.m.; Sun. 2 p.m. & 7 p.m. with no performances on Dec. 24-25 in Orange, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 14, 15 in Anaheim Hills, CA
Casting "Anne of Green Gables," a musical. Synopsis: The Cuthberts expect to adopt a boy, but receive, instead, a red-haired, wide-eyed orphan girl. Though clever young Anne Shirley has a penchant for getting into trouble, she works her way into the hearts of her adoptive parents as well as the ...Friday
- Rehearsals begin September 2015 in NYC; run begins October (12-weeks tour) in NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 3, in North Hollywood, CA
Seeking 6’0 tall Jason Lee look-a-like actors who sing and move well for "Alvin & The Chipmunks Live On-Stage," the national tour.Friday
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 3; runs Oct. 2-10 in Bentonville, AR.
- Seeking submissions from: Bentonville, AR
Seeking a stage manager for "Man of La Mancha," a musical.Friday
- Rehearses Sept. 14-18, 7-10 p.m. and Sat., Sept. 19, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. at ART-NY, 520 Eighth Ave., 3rd Fl.; rehearses Sept. 22-23 at The Stafford Centre, Stafford TX; runs Sept. 24, 2015 at The Stafford Centre in TX.
- Auditions: Sep 1, 2 in Manhattan, NY
Seeking a replacement immediately for "Bum Phillips: All-American Opera," an opera that celebrates the life of NFL legend and American icon, O.A. “Bum” Phillips, head coach of the Houston Oilers in the late 1970s. Seeking to cast the lead/titular role and cover for lead role.Friday
- Free class August 31 (7-10 p.m.; first time participants only); workshop runs Sept. 14-Oct. 19 (Mon., 7-10 p.m.) in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking first-time participants for a free demonstration class promoting the Late Summer 2015 session of Ted Kociolek' s Musical Theatre Audition/Performance Technique Workshop. Participants are welcome to present before the class one traditional or contemporary selection from their musical theater repertoire, receive feedback, and make adjustments as necessary. Instructor states: ...Friday
- Rehearses evenings & some weekends, October 26-December 11, at Li'l Buds' Edgewater Studio. Show runs December 12-27, on Saturdays and Sundays at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m., with one Monday evening performance on December 21, at Theo Ubique's No Exit Café, 6970 N Glenwood Ave, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 21 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Tinsel! The Musical." Project description: "The story of a nearsighted reindeer's rise from life as a clumsy waitress in Frosty's diner to being a famous recording artist. 'Tinsel! The Musical' will put the star on top of your holiday season with its unique blend of country, jazz, blues, and ...Thursday
- Rehearses Sept.-Nov. (Tues., Wed., Thurs., and Sat. eves.) at Grace Lutheran Church and Hilltop House, Mendham, NJ; runs Nov. 13, 14, 15, 20, and 21 (seven shows total) in Mendham, NJ.
- Auditions: Sep 1, 2 in Mendham, NJ
Casting "Big the Musical." Seeking energetic, enthusiastic children (seven years old and up) and adults who can sing, dance, act, and/or who have special talents and skills (juggling, magic, gymnastics, tumbling, etc.). Synopsis: The wildly popular 1987 motion picture starring Tom Hanks bursts onto the stage in this high-energy, family-friendly ...Thursday
- Rehearses Sept.27-Dec. 3; in both Valley Stream and NYC; performs Dec. 4-6 and 11-13 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "A Christmas Carol," a new musical that is a present day telling of the classic Charles Dickens tale of a hard and bitter man name Ebenezer Scrooge. Synopsis: Scrooge experiences a transformation when Marley and his three ghosts pay him a visit, taking him back through the 1960s & ...Thursday