Auditions for MusicalsBackstage's auditions for musical theater span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
Auditions for new musicals are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Reh: 8/4 - approx 8/20 Tech/ preview in Clemson, SC approx 8/20 - 8/30 Open: 9/2 /14 in Dallas ,TX Close: 3/22/15 in Costa Mesa, CA Layoff dates: 10/27/14 -1/18/14 (12 weeks total) Note: Layoffs will be unpaid weeks but producer will travel actors back to point of origin then back to the tour.
- Auditions: Mar 20 in New York, NY
NICE WORK IF YOU CAN GET IT Non Equity National Tour - Dancer call Music/Lyrics: George and Ira Gershwin Book: Joe DiPietro (inspired by material by P.G. Wodehouse & Guy Bolton) Producer: Work Light Productions, LLC Director/ Choreographer: David Eggers - based on the original concept of Kathleen Marshall Music ...24 minutes ago
- Starts rehearsals around July 7, runs August 8 through September 6 in Chicago, IL. Rehearses weekday evenings, weekend days until opening
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "Coraline," a musical. Project description: "the Chicago premiere of the Stephin Merritt and David Greenspan musical, based on the Neil Gaiman fantasy novel of the same name."53 minutes ago
- Rehearsals: May 26 - June 20 Performances: June 20-22, June 27-29
- Seeking submissions from: Barnard, VT; New York, NY
A down-and out skid row floral assistant becomes an overnight sensation when he discovers an exotic plant with a mysterious craving for fresh blood. Soon "Audrey II" grows into an ill-tempered, foul-mouthed, R&B-singing carnivore who offers him fame and fortune in exchange for feeding its growing appetite, finally revealing itself ...1 hours ago
- Shows ongoing in New York, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "Beautiful," a musical. Project description: "Long before she was Carole King, chart-topping music legend, she was Carol Klein, Brooklyn girl with passion and chutzpah. She fought her way into the record business as a teenager and, by the time she reached her twenties, had the husband of her dreams ...2 hours ago
- Opening July 11 in Hammond, IN.
- Auditions: Mar 22 in Chicago, IL and Mar 23, 24 in Hammond, IN
Casting "From Up Here," a US premiere musical by Aaron Lee Lambert. Project description: "High above the bustle of the city, five strangers find solace on the Brooklyn Bridge, suspended between who they were and what they might become."16 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin June 23; runs July 25-Aug. 10 in Dallas, TX.
- Auditions: Mar 29, 30, in Dallas, TX
Casting "The Boy from Oz." Note: The role of Peter Allen will be played by Alex Ross in this production.19 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin approx. April 7. Previews begin approx. May 20; open-ended run begins May 29 in NYC.
- Auditions: Mar 24 in New York, NY
Casting "The Anthem," a rollicking sci-fi musical about a revolt of the young against an evil state. Synopsis: In a world where individuality is illegal, Prometheus abandons everything to confront the State--led by his own mother, Pandora. Prometheus falls in love with the beautiful rebel leader Athena. Together they fight ...19 hours ago
- The event is being held April 5-6 in NYC. If cast in any projects, the performance dates and locations will vary depending on the theater or production company.
- Auditions: Apr 5, 6 in New York City, NY
Theater Resources Unlimited (TRU) is presenting the annual TRU Combined Audition Event, which will be attended by more than 40 NY-area Equity and non-Equity producing companies, directors, and producers, and other individuals, including casting directors and agents. The TRU Voices Reading Series will also be cast at this event.19 hours ago
- Rehearses March 25 & April 5 (required); runs April 11-12 in midtown Manhattan, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: NY
Casting singers for "The Cranky Cabaret." Company states: "A wild, demented, fun filled show packed with delightfully naughty, angry, edgy songs seeks singers for its mid-April cast. All styles of music welcomed, as long as it fits with our "cranky" theme!"yesterday