Auditions for MusicalsBackstage's auditions for musical theater span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
Auditions for new musicals are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 19 (weekday eves. & weekends); runs Nov. 27-Dec. 27 Thu. & Fri. 8 p.m.; Sat. 3 p.m. & 8 p.m.; Sun. 2 p.m. & 7 p.m. with no performances on Dec. 24-25 in Orange, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 14, 15 in Anaheim Hills, CA
Casting "Anne of Green Gables," a musical. Synopsis: The Cuthberts expect to adopt a boy, but receive, instead, a red-haired, wide-eyed orphan girl. Though clever young Anne Shirley has a penchant for getting into trouble, she works her way into the hearts of her adoptive parents as well as the ...13 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin September 2015 in NYC; run begins October (12-weeks tour) in NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 3, in North Hollywood, CA
Seeking 6’0 tall Jason Lee look-a-like actors who sing and move well for "Alvin & The Chipmunks Live On-Stage," the national tour.13 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 3; runs Oct. 2-10 in Bentonville, AR.
- Seeking submissions from: Bentonville, AR
Seeking a stage manager for "Man of La Mancha," a musical.15 hours ago
- Rehearses Sept. 14-18, 7-10 p.m. and Sat., Sept. 19, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. at ART-NY, 520 Eighth Ave., 3rd Fl.; rehearses Sept. 22-23 at The Stafford Centre, Stafford TX; runs Sept. 24, 2015 at The Stafford Centre in TX.
- Auditions: Sep 1, 2 in Manhattan, NY
Seeking a replacement immediately for "Bum Phillips: All-American Opera," an opera that celebrates the life of NFL legend and American icon, O.A. “Bum” Phillips, head coach of the Houston Oilers in the late 1970s. Seeking to cast the lead/titular role and cover for lead role.16 hours ago
- Free class August 31 (7-10 p.m.; first time participants only); workshop runs Sept. 14-Oct. 19 (Mon., 7-10 p.m.) in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking first-time participants for a free demonstration class promoting the Late Summer 2015 session of Ted Kociolek' s Musical Theatre Audition/Performance Technique Workshop. Participants are welcome to present before the class one traditional or contemporary selection from their musical theater repertoire, receive feedback, and make adjustments as necessary. Instructor states: ...20 hours ago
- Rehearsals will run October 26-December 11 in Chicago, IL. Typical rehearsal schedule on evenings M-TH with possible limited rehearsals on Saturday and Sunday as needed. Show runs December 12-27, Saturdays and Sundays, at 11am and 1pm, with one Monday evening performance on December 21. Rehearsals in Li'l Buds' Edgewater Studio. Performances at Theo Ubique's No Exit Cafe: 6970 N Glenwood Ave.
- Auditions: Sep 21 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Tinsel! The Musical." Project description: "Telling the story of a nearsighted reindeer's rise from life as a clumsy waitress in Frosty's diner to being a famous recording artist, 'Tinsel! The Musical' will put the star on top of your holiday season with its unique blend of country, jazz, blues ...yesterday
- Rehearses Sept.-Nov. (Tues., Wed., Thurs., and Sat. eves.) at Grace Lutheran Church and Hilltop House, Mendham, NJ; runs Nov. 13, 14, 15, 20, and 21 (seven shows total) in Mendham, NJ.
- Auditions: Aug 30 in Mendham, NJ and Sep 1, 2 in Mendham, NJ
Casting "Big the Musical." Seeking energetic, enthusiastic children (seven years old and up) and adults who can sing, dance, act, and/or who have special talents and skills (juggling, magic, gymnastics, tumbling, etc.). Synopsis: The wildly popular 1987 motion picture starring Tom Hanks bursts onto the stage in this high-energy, family-friendly ...yesterday
- Rehearses Sept.27-Dec. 3; in both Valley Stream and NYC; performs Dec. 4-6 and 11-13 in NYC.
- Auditions: Aug 30 in New York, NY
Casting "A Christmas Carol," a new musical that is a present day telling of the classic Charles Dickens tale of a hard and bitter man name Ebenezer Scrooge. Synopsis: Scrooge experiences a transformation when Marley and his three ghosts pay him a visit, taking him back through the 1960s & ...yesterday