Auditions for MusicalsBackstage's auditions for musical theater span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
Auditions for new musicals are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- "Carnival!" rehearses Oct. 6-20; runs Oct. 21-Nov. 2 in NYC. "The Girl Who Came to Supper" rehearses Oct. 21-Nov. 3; runs Nov. 4-16 in NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 19 in New York, NY
Casting two shows for Musicals Tonight! Shows include: "Carnival!" (Bob Merrill, music and lyrics; Michael Stewart, libretto based on the 1953 film "Lili"; Thomas Sabella-Mills, dir.; James Stenborg, music dir.) and "The Girl Who Came to Supper" (Harry Kurnitz, book; Noel Coward, music and lyrics; Thomas Sabella-Mills, dir.; David B. ...2 hours ago
- All rehearsals in Indianapolis, IN. "Beef & Boards Christmas 2014" rehearsals begin Nov. 15; runs Nov. 28-Dec. 23. "Crazy for You" rehearsals begin Jan. 31, 2015; runs Feb. 12-Apr. 4. "The Drowsy Chaperone" rehearsals begin Mar. 28; runs Apr. 9-May 10. "Peter Pan" rehearsals begin May 2; runs May 14-July 3. "South Pacific" rehearsals begin Aug. 8; runs Aug. 20-Oct. 4. "The Addams Family" rehearsals begin Sept. 26; runs Oct. 8-Nov. 22.
- Auditions: Oct 20 in New York, NY
Casting the 2015 Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre season as well as open positions in the 2014 edition of the "Beef & Boards Christmas Show." Shows include: "Beef & Boards Christmas 2014," "Crazy For You," "The Drowsy Chaperone," "Peter Pan," "South Pacific," and "The Addams Family."2 hours ago
- Performances will be December 31, 2014-January 17, 2015 in Midvale, UT.
- Auditions: Oct 4 in Midvale, UT
Casting "The Wedding Singer," a musical based on the 1998 film of the same name. Project Description: Jersey’s favorite wedding singer is the life of the party until his fiancé, Linda, leaves him at the altar. Shot through the heart, Robbie makes every wedding as disastrous as his own. When ...16 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin November 8; performances will run December 31, 2014-January 5, 2015 in Scottsdale, AZ.
- Auditions: Oct 4, 5 in Phoenix, AZ
Casting Mel Brooks' classic comedic musical "The Producers." Project Description: "Winner of 12 Tony awards, "The Producers" tells the story of scheming Bialystock and Bloom — two names that should strike terror and hysteria in anyone familiar with the show — and their plot to produce the most notorious Broadway ...16 hours ago
- Performs TBD in Las Vegas, NV.
- Auditions: Sep 18, in Las Vegas, NV
Casting an untitled musical/dance/burlesque revue. Project description: "Female singers and dancers for stage and reality TV show. Over-the-top personalities and characters on and off stage. Musical material in the show includes hot, vampy, strutty, sexy. Think 'Burlesque,' Pussycat Dolls, Tina Turner, Cher, Christina Aguilera, Brittany Spears, Madonna, Mariah, Shirley Bassey, ...18 hours ago
- Rehearsal and production dates are TBD in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting a new musical comedy, "New York in Chains," at the theater hosted by TV Channel ARTN with over a million watchers. Company states: "Writer & composer recognized as up-and-coming by Sony Pictures."18 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Nov. 10; runs Dec. 2-21 in Jupiter, FL.
- Seeking submissions from: New York City, NY
Casting "Fiddler on the Roof," with book by Joseph Stein, music by Jerry Bock, and lyrics by Sheldon Harnick.yesterday
- Rehearses and runs mid-October and mid-November at The Lee Strasberg Institute in West Hollywood, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Home Sweet Harlem," a staged reading of a play about a man following in his father's footsteps in the family business in the center of Harlem surrounded by the music and dance of the city, spanning three decades.21 hours ago
- Runs Nov. 14-Dec. 21 in Los Angeles, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 27 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Putting it Together," a musical revue showcasing the songs of Stephen Sondheim. Drawing its title from a song in "Sunday in the Park With George," "Putting It Together" celebrates Sondheim’s career in musical theatre.Tuesday
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 21; runs Nov. 5-Dec. 18 w/ six to eight performances/wk. at the Pines Dinner Theatre in Allentown, PA.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting "A Christmas to Remember," a musical that tells the story of an overworked toymaker who needs a miracle to remember the true meaning of Christmas. The story takes place in the Victorian era and uses traditional carols to augment its original score.yesterday
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 14; previews begin Oct. 30; performances TBA at The Marriott Pavilion Theatre at The Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: Dutchess County, NY; Westchester, NY; Columbia County, NY; Ulster County, NY; Greene County, NY; Putnam County, NY
Casting "And the World Goes Round," a musical revue showcasing the songs of John Kander and Fred Ebb. The show consists of an eclectic collection of love songs, torch songs, and acerbic, witty comic numbers.yesterday
- Two-day workshop is late October/early November in NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 23 in New York, NY
Casting "Blackout '77," an immersion theater project based in a NYC cabaret club. Male actors must be comfortable dressing in drag. Particularly seeking actors in their 30s-50s for various character roles.Sunday
- Rehearsals begin in September; runs Nov. 7-Dec. 14 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting a new production of the original musical "Still on The Corner" with book and lyrics by Fred Newman, music by Newman and Annie Roboff, directed by David Nackman, and choreographed by Lonne Morretton. Synopsis: This Christmas carol explores the lives of a homeless community on the streets of Riverside ...Sunday