Auditions for MusicalsBackstage's auditions for musical theater span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
Auditions for new musicals are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Musical rehearsals begin March 16, 2015. Performances run May 1, 3, 5, 7 & 9, 2015, at the The Hampton Opera Center, in Portland, OR. There are no rehearsals before 6 pm, except on Sundays, when rehearsals may begin at 1 pm.
- Auditions: Dec 5, 6 in Portland, OR
Casting the musical, "Show Boat." Project description: "Based on Edna Ferber's bestselling novel of the same name, that follows the lives of the performers, stagehands, and dock workers on a Mississippi River show boat, from 1887 to 1927."1 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin on or about Nov. 17; performances begin Jan. 20, 2015; closes Feb. 22, with a possible extension through May 10, at The Public Theater in NYC.
- Auditions: Oct 7 in New York, NY
Casting "Hamilton," a new musical. From the creative team behind the Tony Award-winning "In The Heights" comes a wildly inventive new musical about the scrappy young immigrant who forever changed America: Alexander Hamilton. Tony- and Grammy Award-winner Lin-Manuel Miranda wields his pen and takes the stage as the unlikely founding ...4 hours ago
- Dates TBD, in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking comedy actors for upcoming theater and film projects.13 hours ago
- Rehearses Jan. 28-May 15, 2015 in Toronto, Canada; onboard performance contract ends Dec. 13, 2015. Sailing exciting Transatlantic cruising and ports including Caribbean, NYC, Iceland, Northern Europe and Mediterranean Itinerary (Copenhagen, Norway, Finland, Germany, Russia, Spain, France, Italy).
- Auditions: Nov 4 in Toronto, ON
Seeking musical theatre principal actors to portray new roles within the exciting repertory of musical theatre style shows including a brand new main stage production onboard Disney Cruise Line ships.Thursday
- Rehearses and runs in NY.
- Auditions: Oct 2, 3 in New York, NY
Casting "Rip Van Winkle," a two act, mature musical based on Washington Irving's classic tale of the Catskills.19 hours ago
- Rehearses and shoots early December in New York.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting “Antebellum,” a screwball musical comedy spoofing “Gone With The Wind”.21 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Nov. 11; runs Dec. 3-28 in Laguna, CA.
- Auditions: Oct 9 in N. Hollywood, CA
Casting "Striking 12." Note: All actors, along with playing multiple roles, must be strong musicians who accompany the music.23 hours ago
- Rehearses and runs Dec. 1-15, 2015 at the Eugene O'Neil Theatre Center in CT.
- Auditions: Oct 13 in New York, NY
Casting "Home Street Home."22 hours ago
- "Saturday Night" rehearses Nov. 3-7; runs Nov. 8-16 (no shows on Nov. 10 or 11; 10 shows total) in NYC. "My Favorite Year" rehearses Dec. 1-5; runs Dec. 5 (8 p.m.), Dec. 6 (2:30 & 8 p.m.), and Dec. 7 (2:30 & 7:30 p.m.) in NYC.
- Auditions: Oct 13 in New York, NY
Casting two productions as part of the Musicals In Mufti Series. Series includes: "Saturday Night" (Stafford Arima, dir.; Stephen Sondheim, music-lyrics; Julius J. Epstein, book, based on the play "Front Porch in Flatbush" by Julius J. Epstein and Philip G. Epstein) and "My Favorite Year" (Dan Knechtges, dir.; David Holcenberg, ...yesterday
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 27; runs this December in Staten Island.
- Auditions: Oct 14 in New York, NY
Casting a one-hour, young-audience musical version of "A Christmas Carol" taken directly from Dickens' original.yesterday