Auditions for MusicalsBackstage's auditions for musical theater span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
Auditions for new musicals are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
Posted: 43 minutes ago
- Currently casting two cabarets; rehearses June 19; one cast performs June 23 & 24, and the other performs June 25 & 26 in Manhattan.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking singers for the late-June cast of the Cranky Cabaret, a demented, fun-filled revue packed with delightfully naughty, angry, edgy songs. All styles of music welcomed, as long as it fits with the "cranky" theme.
Posted: 50 minutes ago
- Rehearsals and performances: Stamford, CT Rehearsals begin August 1. Performances: Sept. 23 thru Oct. 22. Please submit to be considered for an appointment.
- Seeking submissions from: Stamford, CT; New York, NY; Westchester County, NY
RAGTIME is an epic musical with historic sweep that paints a nostalgic and powerful portrait of life in turn of the century America. Three distinct stories intertwine to poignantly illustrate families coping with rapid changes of early 20th century America. History’s timeless contradictions of wealth and poverty, freedom and prejudice, ...
Posted: 9 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin June 20. Production runs August 5-September 3, in Cleburne, TX.
- Auditions: Jun 13, 14 in St. Cleburne, TX
Casting the production "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown."
- Performances take place at the SF Fringe Festival in San Francisco, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: San Francisco, CA
Casting "The Unspeakable Act" an original musical. Project description: "The Unspeakable Act follows an empress on her journey of sexual discovery with an unlikely lover: a hermit-monk turned demonic sex stud. Through the use of improvisation, dance and original music, 23 Elephants has created a show rife with physical comedy ...
- Rehearses in June; runs June 25-26 in North Hollywood, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting a staged reading/full performance of a short musical (45 minutes to one hour), "A Jingle A Go-Go: The Musical," based on an original short film that will be presented for feedback with a talkback after the performance. Also casting a lip-sync version. Director states: "In this gay musical comedy ...
- Performances run September 23-25 at Headwaters Theater, in Portland, OR.
- Seeking submissions from: Portland, OR
Casting the musical, "Project description: "Set on the planet of Eternia, He-Man teams up with his twin sister She-Ra, and together they defend the planet from the evil Skeletor."
- The show begins rehearsal August 22, 2016 and contract ends October 2, 2016, in Grand Lake, Colorado.
- Seeking submissions from: Grand Lake, CO
Casting "Million Dollar Quartet," a jukebox musical about the only night that Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash, and Carl Perkins plays together.
- Rehearsals will run 7/12-8/11, in Chicago, IL. Shows are: Saturday August 13th at 9pm Wednesday August 17th at 8:30pm Saturday August 20th at 7:30pm Thursday August 25th at 8:30pm
- Auditions: Jun 4 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Planted," a musical. Project description: "In the tradition of classic hetero-centric works such as Closer Than Ever and Songs for a New World, Planted is a contemporary song-cycle exploring relationships of modern-day queer men. Five men navigate through the minefields of dating, marriage, separation and independence. Through a multitude ...
- Time Commitment: First rehearsal: September 26, in Chicago, IL. Tech starts: November 5 Previews: November 11-19 (rehearsals continue throughout; Nov 14/15 off) Opens: November 20 (regular run is Fri/Sat at 8; Sat/Sun at 3) Closes: January 8
- Auditions: Jun 9 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Cinderella at the Theater of Potatoes," a musical. Project description: "Adapted from Pauline Viardot-Garcia’s 1904 opera 'Cendrillon,' and many of her other compositions, Andra Velis Simon’s musical-play is an elegantly irreverent exploration of the classic fairy tale. Here, Cinderella’s version of happily-ever-after does not include acceptance by the Prince."
- Performance Dates, in Chicago, IL: Saturday August 13 - 2:30 PM Sunday August 21 - 7:30 PM Saturday August 27 - 5:00 PM Possible: Sat 27 - 9:30 PM Sunday August 28 - 12:00 PM
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "Mill House: My Life is a Country Song," a musical. Project description: "a two-act musical tale of two stories that happen in one house, twenty years apart. For this festival, we will be doing the second story/act only. The score includes elements of 70's country, southern gospel and folk. ...
- Auditions by appointment at Cast In Hollywood, 11440 Ventura Blvd., Unit 200, Studio City, CA
- Seeking submissions from: Studio City, CA
Casting "New York in Chains," a musical. Synopsis: A single mom and her daughter, trapped by their fears in a garage apartment in New York City, learn lessons of hope, love, and inspiration in their crazy dream, filled with strange and wonderful people in the avenues, streets, and shadows of ...
- Rehearses throughout the summer (mostly in evenings) beginning the last week in June; runs Sept. 8-Oct. 8 (weekends only) in Bergen County, NJ.
- Auditions: Jun 6, 7, 9 in Bergen County, NJ
Casting the rewritten 1998 version of "Cabaret."
- There will be ten total performances from September 9-October 1, in Magna, UT.
- Auditions: Jul 6, 7 in Magna, UT
Casting the Broadway musical ‘Legally Blonde." Project Description: Based on the movie, the musical tells the story of Elle Woods, a sorority girl who enrolls at Harvard Law School to win back her ex-boyfriend Warner. She discovers how her knowledge of the law can help others, and successfully defends exercise ...
- Performances will run October 14-31 in Midvale, UT.
- Auditions: Jun 15 in Midvale, UT
Casting the Broadway musical, "The Addams Family." Project Description: “The Addams Family" features an original story, and it’s every father’s nightmare. Wednesday Addams, the ultimate princess of darkness, has grown up and fallen in love with a sweet, smart young man from a respectable family – a man her parents ...