Filter by popular productions:
Backstage's auditions in NYC include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles.
New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for NYC. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Readings Jan.9-10; rehearsals begin Jan. 12 (Mon.-Thurs.); tech Feb. 12 & 14 runs Feb. 14-23, 2014 in NYC.
- Auditions: Jan 6, 7, 8 in New York, NY
Casting an all female, all African American production of "Independence" by Lee Blessing. Set in the small town of Independence, Iowa, the play focus on Evelyn Briggs and her 3 daughters, each attempting to find her own independence from a mother who feels abandoned first by her husband then by ...
- Currently running on Broadway.
- Auditions: Jan 6, in New York, NY
Casting ensemble dancers who sing & act for "Matilda," with book by Dennis Kelly, and music & lyrics by Tim Minchin.
- Rehearsals begin March 25. Previews begin April 19; runs April 24-May 17 in Cincinnati, OH.
- Auditions: Jan 7 in New York City, NY
Casting "Venus in Fur." Synopsis: At the end of a long day of auditions, a playwright is convinced he’ll never find the right actress to play the heroine in his adaptation of a scandalous 19th century erotic novel. Enter Vanda, determined to prove she possesses the perfect blend of beauty, ...
- Rehearsals begin Mar. 28, 2014; runs Apr. 22-May 25, 2014 in Geva, NY. Rehearsals begin June 2, 2014; runs June 9-21 at the Cape Playhouse in Dennis, MA.
- Auditions: Jan 8, 9, 10 in New York City, NY
Casting Neil Simon's "The Odd Couple."
- Rehearsal and production dates & locations are TBA.
- Auditions: Jan 8 in New York, NY
Casting SITI Company's upcoming season. Theater states: "SITI Company is an ensemble-based theater company. Its mission is to create bold new productions, to perform and tour these productions nationally and internationally, to train together consistently, to train theater professionals and students in an approach to acting and collaboration that forges ...
- Rehearsals begin June 17; runs July 11-Aug. 24, 2014 in Monmouth, ME.
- Auditions: Jan 9 in New York, NY
The Theater at Monmouth is casting their 2014 season. Each actor in the summer company plays three or four roles in the season shows, and all shows are rehearsed and performed in repertory. Shows will be Shakespeare's "As You Like It" and "Romeo and Juliet," Oscar Wilde's "A Woman of ...
- Rehearses Feb. 9-May 4, 2014 at Ripley Grier-Studios; tech begins May 12-16, 2014; runs May 17-18, 2014 in NYC.
- Auditions: Jan 12, 13 in New York City, NY
Casting "The Little Mermaid Jr." directed by Broadway performer Sarah Amengual (Maria in "West Side Story"). "The Little Mermaid Jr." is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI. Producer states: "We reserve the right to consolidate any program. Performances ...
- Full and part-time positions beginning April 2014.
- Auditions: Jan 13, 14 in New York, NY
Disney Parks Talent Casting is seeking male and female vocalists for Festival of the Lion King, an African-inspired celebration of the music from the animated feature film. This original musical theatre production will be performed live in the new state of the art, indoor, 1500 seat theatre-in-the-round in Disney’s Animal ...
- Rehearsals begin in late January 2014; runs Mar. 9-26, 2014 at The Winery in Mohegan Lake, NY.
- Auditions: Jan 17, 19 in New York, NY
Casting a concert version of "Jesus Christ Superstar."
- Rehearsals begin Mar. 4, 2014; tech Mar. 21-24; runs Mar. 25-Apr. 13, 2014 in Portland, ME.
- Auditions: Jan 17, 20 in New York City, NY