Filter by popular productions:
Backstage's auditions in NYC include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles.
New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for NYC. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Shoots late June; stage production takes place late summer/early fall at a TBA location.
- Auditions: May 6 in Manhattan, NY
Casting an untitled gospel musical about gang violence. Synopsis: Based in Washington, D.C., a 16-year-old teenager, Lamont Spencer, must decide to stay with the gang who revenged his father's death or seek salvation in the church.
- Rehearsals are held in Ft. Lauderdale, FL prior to contract start; six- to nine-months contracts on Australian, Caribbean, Alaskan and Mediterranean itineraries; current and future contracts available year-round.
- Auditions: May 7, 8 in New York, NY
Seeking dancers and vocalists for current and future productions aboard Celebrity Cruise Lines' Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse, Silhouette, and Reflection cruise ships.
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 25; performances run through Sept. 28 in NYC.
- Auditions: May 8 in New York, NY
Casting a drama about art, politics, truth, sex and love, "A Picasso." Synopsis: Paris, 1941. Pablo Picasso has been summoned from his favorite café by German occupation forces and is visited by Miss Fischer, an attractive officer from the German cultural ministry. He is faced with an impossible decision: in ...
- Rehearses and performs in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Auditions: May 8 in New York, NY
Casting Pittsburgh Public Theater Season. Season includes: "The Glass Menagerie" (Tennessee Williams, writer; Pamela Berlin, dir. Rehearsals begin Sept. 9; runs Oct. 2-Nov. 2), "L'Hotel" (Ed Dixon, writer; Ted Pappas, dir. Rehearsals begin Oct. 17; runs Nov. 13-Dec. 14), "My Fair Lady" (Alan Jay Lerner, book and lyrics; Frederick Lowe, ...
- Rehearses June 23-July 15; runs July 16-Aug. 16 in Nantucket, MA.
- Auditions: May 8, in NY, NY
- Rehearsals begin July 8 on the east end of Long Island; runs Aug. 7-24 at Mulford Farm in the village of East Hampton.
- Auditions: May 8, 11, 15, 18, 22 in Bridgehampton, NY
Casting for HITFest's second professional outdoor production of "The Tempest" by William Shakespeare. Artistic director states: "Do what you love for people who will love what you do!"
- Seven month contracts begin August 2014 (5-day work weeks) in Tokyo.
- Auditions: May 9 in New York, NY
Seeking principal male vocalists for "Big Band Beat," a live entertainment show at Tokyo Disneyland Park and Tokyo DisneySea Park.
- Rehearses May 12-17 in either NYC or CT; shoots May 19-June 12 in ME.
- Auditions: May 10 in Kennebunk, ME
Casting "Wild Kingdom," an independent digital feature film, set on the central Maine coast. The story follows a sister and brother, split apart as children by their father's murder of their mother. Years later, unaware of their relationship, they encounter one another in a small Maine lobster village and become ...
- Rehearsals will begin in June. Opens August 22 opening in Norristown, PA.
- Auditions: May 12, 13 in Norristown, PA
Casting the Broadway musical, "Man of La Mancha." Project Description: "Based on Miguel de Cervantes' 17th century masterpiece,'Don Quixote,' it tells the story of the mad knight, Don Quixote, as a play within a play, performed by Cervantes and his fellow prisoners as he awaits a hearing with the Spanish ...