Filter by popular productions:
Backstage's auditions in NYC include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles.
New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for NYC. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearses in December 2014; shoots January-December 2015 in NYC/Westchester County, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: Westchester County, NY; Bronx, NY; Manhattan, NY; Queens, NY; Brooklyn, NY; Staten Island, NY
Casting “G.O.S.P.E.L." ("God's Only Son Provides Eternal Life"), a feature film. Director plans to release film in IMAX 3D. Director states: "This film seamlessly crosses over the genres of action, adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, horror, romance, and science-fiction, and also explores the deep topics of happiness, philosophy, psychology, sociology, family, ...Nov 15
- Rehearsal and shoot dates TBD in the DMV (D.C., Maryland, and Northern Virginia) as weather and scheduling permits. Tentative shoot dates between Thanksgiving and Xmas... Alternatively early January.
- Seeking submissions from: Washington, DC; New York, NY
Casting "The Safaar," a short film. Synopsis: Descendants of ancient Persia, "The Persepolisians," who evolved on the other side of the galaxy, separate from the peoples of earth, discover that their human cousins' existence is threatened due to the destruction of earth's environment. The leader of The Persepolisians, Mazdahura, hatches ...Nov 15
- Shoots in December in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: Manhattan, NY
Casting "We Are Stars," Episode Three, a comedic web series set in NYC about a group of aspiring actor/musician friends who work as TV/movie extras.Nov 15
- Shoot date TBD in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Getting Ready for a Funeral," a short student film for NYU about a guy getting ready for a funeral.Nov 15
- Rehearses late November-early December; tentatively shoots Dec. 13 & 14 in Bucks County and Dec. 19-21 in Harrisburg, PA (transportation and lodging provided).
- Auditions: Nov 25 in Philadelphia, PA
Casting "Bare," a student film for University of the Arts. Synopsis: "Bare" is a film about storytelling, and how it changes when one person recounts it to another. Kit’s roommate Sam recounts her evening with a nudist couple. As Sam tells Kit about her night, Kit begins to visualize an ...Nov 15
- Shooting November 29-30, in Philadelphia, PA.
- Seeking submissions from: Philadelphia, PA
Casting an untitled student film. Project description: "A professional violist who becomes caught up in the life of a creepy, hypochondriac writer."Nov 15
- Rehearses and shoots in December in New York or Washington, DC
- Seeking submissions from: Washington, DC; New York, NY; Baltimore, MD
Casting "The Importance of Being Earnest," Oscar's Wilde's classic comedy of manners.Nov 15
- Rehearses weekly on Sun. (2:30-5:30 p.m.) & every other Thurs. eve., with one monthly performance on stage in front of an audience at the Broadway Comedy Club, NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking participants for Beverly Bonner's Comedy Repertory and Training Company. Director states: "This is a company where you will be given the time to work on your comedy with a experienced New York comedy actress, producer, director, and stand-up comedian, and among others serious about comedy. This Comedy Repertory Company ...Nov 14
- Rehearses Mon. & Thurs. (twice a wk., afternoons) at a well-known comedy club in midtown Manhattan, NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; NJ
Casting "Casey: 30 Years Later!," an ongoing live comedy play and ongoing shoot for YouTube cross-promotion.Nov 14
- Rehearsals begin late November at Montclair State University campus.
- Seeking submissions from: NJ; NY
Casting "Time" a student film for Montclair State University about two middle-aged medics have an unhealthy relationship due to their life circumstances. Producer states: "Interesting experience with young future filmmakers."Nov 14
- Rehearses Jan. 20-29, 2015; runs Jan. 30-Feb. 17, 2015 in Norwalk, CT (one hour on Metro North from Grand Central station. NYC actors commute daily and travel is paid by the theatre).
- Auditions: Dec 4 in Norwalk, CT
Casting "Driving Miss Daisy," by Alfred UhryNov 12
- Shoots in Long Beach and North Hollywood, CA.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking camera and boom operator for "The Sheriffs," a comedy feature film. Synopsis: Deep undercover Pentagon agents are lost by the Pentagon and not allowed to call in.Oct 25
- Reading takes place January 2015 at Ensemble Studio Theatre in Weehwaken, NJ.
- Seeking submissions from: Weehawken, NJ; New York, NY
Casting a rehearsed reading of a new play, "Project Dolly."Nov 14