Filter by popular productions:
Backstage's auditions in NYC include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles.
New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for NYC. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearse July 25-30; shoots Aug. 1-3 in NJ.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; Morris Plains, NJ
Casting "Finding Ericson,". A seriously depressed small town pastor is searching for god, but political corruption and death stand in his way of leaving his current life behind.
- Rehearses Tuesday and Wednesday evenings, beginning July 30. Opens October 24, in Wallingford, PA.
- Seeking submissions from: Philadelphia,, PA
Casting the play "Rope," based on the Alfred Hitchcock film of the same name. Set in 1929, two Oxford University students have committed what they think is the perfect murder, and to celebrate their success, they plan a dinner to be served on top of the very chest in which ...
- Shoots Aug. 2-5 for three days in NYC.
- Auditions: Jul 23, 24 in New York, NY
Casting "Where Bones Lie." Producer states: "What happens when our biggest flaws and desires become one? 'Where Bones Lie' is a look at lost adolescence with crushing and disturbing realism. Although young Ella runs away to Ireland, visions of her past continue to haunt her in dreamlike nightmares."
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 12; runs Sept. 2-Oct. 19 in Philadelphia, PA.
- Auditions: Jul 23, in New York, NY
Casting strong ensemble singers and dancers for possible replacements and understudies only for "9 to 5."
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 9; runs Nov. 4-Dec. 28 in NYC.
- Auditions: Jul 23 in New York, NY
Casting principals and understudies for "By the Water." Synopsis: Hurricane Sandy has just ravaged the lifelong home of Marty and Mary Murphy. But the storm has ripped apart more than just the walls: with their neighbors too devastated to stay, the couple's beloved Staten Island community is in danger of ...
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 30; opens Oct. 23 and closes Nov. 16 in East Haddam, CT.
- Auditions: Jul 23, in New York City, NY
Casting first-rate musical theater dancers and singers of all types and ages for "The Circus in Winter," inspired by the book by Cathy Day. Especially seeking actors with circus skills (tumblers, jugglers, silks, etc.).
- Shoots late August in the greater NYC area.
- Auditions: Jul 23, 24, 25 in New York, NY
Casting "Revival," a comedy series chronicling a nondenominational church's struggle to remain relevant in the 21st century.