Filter by popular productions:
Backstage's auditions in NYC include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles.
New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for NYC. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Shoots Aug. 30-Sept. 2 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "First Time," a student film for NYFA about an 18 year-old boy who goes to a seedy massage parlor. It's thought he's going there to lose his virginity, but things aren't always what they seem.
- Rehearses and performs 2015 in Osaka, Japan.
- Auditions: Aug 23, 24 in Chicago, IL and Aug 27, 28 in Orlando, FL and Aug 30, 31 in New York, NY
Universal Studios Japan® is returning to the USA, and looking for excellent talent to join its team in Osaka, Japan in 2015. Casting character actors & hosts, dancers who sing well, singers who move well, and female dancers with technical training.
- Rehearses September 2014; shoots Sept. 23-29 in NYC.
- Auditions: Aug 23 in NY
Casting "100 Planes," a student film for New York Film Academy. Synopsis: Sam is a 6-year-old boy who just lost his mother Claire by accident but doesn’t understand what death is. He believes that Claire may return and keeps seeing her in his dream. His father Richard is reluctant to ...
- Rehearses Saturdays (8 a.m.-12 p.m.) in Huntington, NY; performs Oct. 25, 2014.
- Auditions: Aug 23, 30 in Huntington, NY
Casting local performers and crew for "The Unconventional Conventionalists," Long Island's premier "Rocky Horror Picture Show" shadowcast.
- Rehearses Aug. 25-Oct. 9; schedule built around actors availability, runs Oct. 10-12, 17-19 and 24-26 in South Orange, NJ.
- Auditions: Aug 23 in South Orange, NJ
Casting a nonunion, non-paying production of "Night of the Living Dead Live!", a play based on George A. Romero's movie in which the movie itself, the period in which it was made, and the film’s undying influence on the horror genre are examined.
- Rehearses Sept.-Oct. 2014; shoots Nov. 3-10 in Philadelphia, PA.
- Auditions: Aug 23, 24 in Philadelphia, PA
Casting "Right Song, Wrong C(h)ord," a student film for Temple University. Synopsis: Based on the experiences of Adong Lucy Judith, a Ugandan writer/filmmaker in Philadelphia, the film tells the story of an African woman's search for visibility, dignity and respect as she journeys through the challenges of racial dynamics and ...