Filter by popular productions:
Backstage's auditions in NYC include theater, film, television, commercials, and voiceover roles.
New auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
The following listings display productions and casting notices for NYC. You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearses two-three times as per director in Astoria; shoots in March in Manhattan and Astoria, NY.
- Auditions: Mar 9 in New York, NY
Casting "Jam," a female driven comedy in good taste. Production states: "The project consists of a mature crew and cast."
- Rehearses two-three nights a week beginning March 17 at Columbia University; runs April 25-26 at The Signature Theatre. Note: Mandatory dates include April 22-24.
- Auditions: Mar 8 in New York, NY
Casting "The Big White Door," a thesis play for Columbia University. Synopsis: "The Big White Door" is a children's play that tells the fictional story of six kids living as in-patients of a pediatric hospital. Created in collaboration with family members, patients, physicians and caregivers, it explores the experience of ...
- Rehearses weekday evenings and weekend days; runs April 26-May 18 in Brooklyn, NY.
- Auditions: Mar 7, 8, in Brooklyn, NY
- Shoots Apr. 4-27 in the Tri-State Area.
- Auditions: Mar 7, 8 in New York, NY
Casting "Theater 9," based on a true story. Synopsis: Following a near death experience, a young woman does everything she can to impact the world while also adjusting to the harsh realities of adult life. Her life is tragically cut short just a few weeks later.
- Shoots 2014 (approx. dates TBD) in NYC.
- Auditions: Mar 7, 8, 9 in New York, NY
Casting a comedic web series. Synopsis: David is a guy surrounded by everyone's opinion and ignorance of who he should be coupled with his own identity crisis to embrace being half Jewish and half Chinese. Throw in still being in the closet and add in his overbearing parents who want ...
- Rehearsal begins Mar. 31; runs Apr. 30-June 28 in NYC.
- Auditions: Mar 7 in New York, NY
Casting "A Foo Fable," which relates the adventures of Foo Jonny - a young lad in search of meaning. It follows his quest as he moves from place to place encountering soldiers, seers, salesmen, devils, angels, and lovers.