Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearsals February 2-March 13 in Chicago, IL. Shows March 14-April 19.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "Balm in Gilead," a play. Project description: "Balm in Gilead takes place in 1966 in Frank's café, an all-night coffee shop on Manhattan's Upper West Side peopled by a makeshift community of dealers, junkies, hustlers, prostitutes, dreamers and runaways."4 hours ago
- Summer rehearsals begin May 24 in Center Barnstead, New Hampshire. National tour June 14-August 8. Fall rehearsals begin October 4. Tour November 1-December 22.
- Auditions: Jan 30, 31 in Chicago, IL
Casting our summer tour of "Robin Hood" and "Hercules," as well as our fall tour of "The Secret Garden" and "A Christmas Carol." Project description: "Each interactive, educational tour is performed by two actors, with each actor playing multiple roles, from scripts that are original adaptations of literary classics."4 hours ago
- Shows April 2-4 and 9-11 in Chicago, IL. Each play will have approximately five rehearsals in February-March, scheduled to accommodate each director and set of actors. Each actor may be cast in 2 plays. Must be available for tech rehearsals between March 28 and April 1.
- Auditions: Feb 15 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Master Works: The Intuit Plays." Project description: "This production is made up of six short plays based on the works of art from Intuit: The Center for Intuitive and Outsider Art's permanent collection. Six playwrights, six works of art, six new plays."4 hours ago
- Rehearsals: May 18-June 11, 2015, Warren M. Lee Center for Fine Arts and Prentis Park Performances: June 11-14, 2015, Prentis Park
- Seeking submissions from: New York City, NY
The South Dakota Shakespeare Festival (SDSF) seeks non-Equity performers for its third outdoor season of free Shakespeare in Vermillion’s Prentis Park. The Festival seeks professional actors and teaching artists from the Great Plains region and nationally to form an ensemble-based Shakespeare company for a four-week contract in Vermillion, South Dakota. ...10 hours ago
- Rehearses in February, runs 9-12 performances in March.
- Auditions: Jan 27 in Omaha, NE
Synopsis: "In Brendan's pub, isolated above the increasingly-empty towns, the men are gathering for their daily pint. The arrival of a stranger in their midst--a woman--spus them to impress her with stories. They are stories of souls past and of spirits very much present. But one story is more chilling ...yesterday
- Auditions: Jan 27, 28 in New York, NY
The Players Theatre Short Play & Musical Festival, February 5th – 22nd. 15 short plays & musicals (comedies & dramas) will perform over three weekends; 5 productions each Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Auditions at the The Players Theatre, Tuesday and Wednesday, January 27th and 28th, 5:00PM-7:00PM, 115 Macdougal. Please ...yesterday
- Playing April 3rd, 2015 through May 9th, 2015 at Glendale Centre Theatre. 324 N. Orange St., Glendale, CA 91203
- Seeking submissions from: Glendale, CA
Glendale Centre Theatre is casting "Dear Ruth", a comedy written by Norman Krasna. Produced by Tim Dietlein. Directed by George Strattan. Casting is open to all ethnicities. Good comedic timing essential for all characters. Auditions will be held by appointment only on Tuesday, February 17th, 2015 from 7-10 pm. Sides ...yesterday
- Rehearsals will begin on February 15 and extend until the staged reading on February 23rd, a Monday evening, at Harlem's renowned National Black Theatre. There will likely be three rehearsals of three hours each in addition to the performance. Rehearsals will occur over the span of one week.
- Auditions: Feb 1 in New York, NY
Casting a staged-reading for the award-winning play, "The Messiah Complex." Nia Witherspoon, writer and director, Ni'Ja Whitson, choreographer Synopsis: DJ Messiah’s got no time for the past. Music is her escape into the future. But her ghosts catch up, unearthing the queer secrets buried in Black city life. And ghosts ...yesterday
- Auditions for the part of the Guard will be held on Friday, January 30 in Room A, 36 Street Studio, 260 West 36th Street 3rd Floor (near 8th Avenue) from 3- 4:30 PM. Rehearsal begins February 2015; performances begin late February or early March 2015 in NYC. See video trailer: http://youtu.be/brqqkxewRI8
- Auditions: Jan 30 in New York, NY
Casting "In That Moment," a two character play concerning a fatal shooting for educational use by colleges and community groups.yesterday
- Tentative Rehearsal Schedule Monday thru Thursday evenings with some possible Saturday rehearsals. Final Schedule to be published after show is cast. Will rehearse and perform at the Pierson Playhouse in Pacific Palisades.
- Auditions: Feb 7, 9 in Pacific Palisades, CA
Casting the Wedding Day Farce Perfect Wedding at Theatre Palisades. Written by Robin Hawdon, the playwright who wrote the English translation of many classic farces including Don't Dress for Dinner. Character sides and information about Theatre palisades can be found on the Theatre Palisades Website www.theatrepalisades.org.yesterday
- Rehearses and runs May 23-30 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking participants for a one week intensive and performances of "Richard the Third." Session with a professional casting director provided.Friday
- Rehearses and performs in Portland, OR.
- Auditions: Jan 27, 28 in Portland, OR
Casting a staged reading of the new play, "Little Sisters." Project description: "A cautionary and redemptive tale about a hip-hop dancer who becomes ensnared in the hellish world of human trafficking, exposing the situation in Portland, and eventually freeing herself."Friday