Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- WHERE: Auditions, training and shows all take place at: 660 B Bryant St., San Francisco, CA 94107 WHEN: Monday, May 11th evening (Between 5-10pm, specific time will be determined when you are invited
- Auditions: May 11 in San Francisco, CA
We are looking for non-AEA fully costumed actors to portray our host Professor Von Guttenberg and our hungry Zombie, Dr. Oxy, during an ongoing production that has the participants as protagonists in an interactive experience where they find clues and solve puzzles to escape a room. As Prof. Von Guttenberg ...9 minutes ago
- Rehearsals: September 1st - 26th, Tuesdays-Fridays 7-10pm, Saturdays 1-5pm Location: St Peter's Episcopal Church 621 W Belmont Ave Chicago, IL 60657 Tech: Monday, September 28th-Thursday October 1st beginning at 7pm Performances: October 2nd-24th, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 7:30pm + Monday October 19th at 7:30pm Location: The Den Theatre 1333 N Milwaukee Ave. Chicago, IL 60622
- Auditions: May 28, 30, Jun 4 in Chicago, IL
Forget Me Not Theatre Company is seeking 3 Men and 2 Women Chicago Premiere of A Strange Disappearance of Bees by Elena Hartwell. Maybe it’s pesticides, mites, or an HIV-like virus, no one knows why the millions of honey bees are disappearing, but they are. People disappear, too, but we ...54 minutes ago
- Training take place for six weeks in Seattle, WA; performs during the school year both in Dallas, TX and Mid-State NY, as well as 10-12 weeks of national tours and 4-6 weeks in England & Australia.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking trained & professional performers for "The NED Show." Company states: "America's most popular school assembly is now in its 25th year of operation. We employ 18 full-time solo performers who present the NED assembly in schools every day. NED Show performers deliver a powerful, life-changing message to elementary school ...1 hours ago
- Season runs in NYC.
- Auditions: May 28 in New York, NY
Seeking Equity performers with previous experience or interest in both the Suzuki and Viewpoints training for SITI Company's 2015-16 Season. Theatre states: "The Viewpoints and the Suzuki Method of Actor Training are two methods of training used in building and staging SITI productions. It is through the dialogue between Suzuki ...2 hours ago
- Season performs at the Johnson Theatre, Tennessee Performing Arts Center, Nashville, TN.
- Auditions: May 19, 20 in Nashville, TN
Seeking Equity actors and actor/singers for various roles and ensemble in Nashville Repertory Theatre's upcoming 2015-16 season. Season includes: "Rapture, Blister, Burn" (Gina Gionfriddo, writer; Lauren Shouse, dir. Rehearses Aug. 15-Sept. 2; previews Sept. 3 & 4; runs Sept. 5-19, 2015); "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead" (Tom Stoppard, writer; René ...2 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin the week of May 25. Production runs June 26-27, July 2-3, 9-12, and 16-18, in Oklahoma City, OK.
- Auditions: May 16, 17 in Oklahoma City, OK
Casting for the production "Exit, Pursued By A Bear." Project description: "Nan has decided to teach her abusive husband Kyle a lesson. With the help of her friend Simon (acting as her emotional -- and actual --cheerleader) and a stripper named Sweetheart, she duct tapes Kyle to a chair and ...2 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Aug./Sept in Boston, MA; tours Sept.-Oct. nationally.
- Auditions: May 11 in Boston, MA
Casting national touring productions of dramatic adaptations of 19th-century literature.2 hours ago
- Rehearses evenings three times/wk.; tech June 8 & 9; performs June 10-14 in NYC. Note: Debuts at The Gene Frankel Theatre for the Radium Girls Theater Festival.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Harem," a play. Synopsis: After a whirlwind semester abroad in London, Aminah Izedi has returned home to the stifling climate of her native Iran. Giddy with excitement, she can’t wait to dish about her adventures and newfound sense of self, but her mother suddenly becomes ill and her father’s ...3 hours ago
- Rehearses June 9-28 in Middlebury, VT and June 30-July 7 in NYC, travel and housing provided; shows run in rep July 8-Aug. 9 at Atlantic Stage 2, NYC.
- Auditions: May 8 in New York, NY
Seeking Equity actors for various roles in Potomac Theatre Project's upcoming season. Season includes: "Vinegar Tom" (Caryl Churchill, writer; Cheryl Faraone, dir.); "Judith" (Howard Barker, writer; Richard Romagnoli, dir.); and "Scenes from an Execution" (Howard Barker, writer; Richard Romagnoli, dir.).4 hours ago
- Rehearsals TBD based on actors' availability; performances TBD in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Hollywood, CA
Casting "Lords of the Night," a play. Synopsis: They are the lost boys and lost girls of the twilight. They party all night and sleep all day. When one of their own falls in love with an outsider, lines are drawn and decisions are forced on whether to take over ...11 hours ago
- Rehearsal dates TBD; runs July 10-Aug. 15 (Fri. & Sat. at 8 p.m.; Sun. at 2 p.m.) at the Westchester Playhouse, 8301 Hindry Ave., L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Brighton Beach Memoirs," the semi-autobiographical play by Neil Simon. It the first chapter in what is known as his Eugene Trilogy, followed by "Biloxi Blues" and "Broadway Bound." Synopsis: This first play centers on 15-year-old Eugene Jerome, who lives with his family in Brighton Beach during the height of ...14 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin October 2015; opens mid-November in L.A., followed by performances on the East Coast.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Seeking interns for "Toys," a play written by playwright Saviana Stanescu that tells the story about two sisters who reunite after 30 years in an explosive encounter. They start a complex journey to discover their past, understand their present and negotiate a possible future. Can they find compassion for each ...15 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin week of May 26. Production runs July 16-August 8, in Plano, TX.
- Auditions: May 16, 17, 18 in Plano, TX
Casting for the production "Come Blow Your Horn." Project description: "A swinging, womanizing bachelor discovers real feelings for one of the many women with whom he is currently seeing and has to rethink his life choices after his brother moves in."15 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin May 26; runs July 31-Aug. 2 in Dallas, TX.
- Seeking submissions from: Dallas, TX
Casting "One Day In A Love Wary," a play. Synopsis: In this drama, a married couple and two brothers must submit to the battlefield of the pain that lies underneath in order to combat the failures of the past.17 hours ago