Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Workshop runs for 10 weeks on Thursday evenings (6-9 p.m.) from Oct. 9-Dec. 11; performs Dec. 12 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking actors for "Shakespeare Without Fear," a performance workshop and showcase. Coordinator states: "Male and female actors will be cast in two to three scenes each for a 10-week classical performance workshop, ending with a showcase on December 12th at the historic Players Club. Work with experienced Shakespearean directors for ...9 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 5 in Newark, NJ; runs Nov. 16 & Nov. 22 at Manhattan Repertory Theatre, 303 W. 42nd St., NYC.
- Auditions: Oct 4 in Newark, NJ
Casting "DayMares and NightDreams," a play. Synopsis: A surreal tale about X and her Shadows told through monologue and verse, song and dance, movement and sound, unfurling the inner workings of a downward spiral through the lens of our protagonist and three alternate aspects of her character. The Shadows offer ...12 hours ago
- Currently runs Monday evenings at 6:30 p.m., three to four times a month through January 2015 in Manhattan, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: NJ; New York, NY
Casting "Casey: 30 Years Later!," a comedy play based on the cult horror film "Basket Case" by director/writer Frank Henenlotter. Released in 1982, this horror film tells the story of a young man who carries his deformed conjoined twin brother in a large basket while seeking vengeance on the doctors ...13 hours ago
- Season rehearses and runs in Washington, D.C.
- Auditions: Oct 16, 17 in Washington, DC
Casting Washington Stage Guild's 2014-15 season. Season includes: "Pen" (David Marshall Grant, writer; Kasi Campbell, dir. Rehearsals begin Oct. 6; previews begin Oct. 30; press performance Nov. 1; closes Nov. 23, with possible extension to Dec. 7); "In Praise of Love" (Terence Rattigan, writer; Laura Giannarelli, dir. Rehearsals begin Dec. ...16 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 5; runs Jan. 17-Feb. 8 in NYC.
- Auditions: Oct 15 in New York, NY
Casting five Equity actors to play all roles in "Romeo and Julie." Seeking all types and genders.17 hours ago
- "After the Revolution" rehearsals begin Jan. 20, 2015; runs Mar. 18-May 17. "4000 Miles" rehearsals begin Jan. 20; runs Apr. 1-May 24 in Baltimore, MD.
- Auditions: Oct 6, 7, 8 in New York, NY
Casting "4000 Miles" and "After the Revolution." Note: These plays will be performed in rep and some roles will be doubled.21 hours ago
- Rehearsals and performances TBA in Cincinnati, OH and Milwaukee, WI.
- Auditions: Oct 13, 14 in New York, NY
Casting "Peter and the Starcatcher." Synopsis: "When the insatiably curious Molly, a starcatcher in training, meets an orphan boy longing for a home, they embark on the adventure of a lifetime. A daring sea mission, not-so-swashbuckling pirates and singing mermaids combine for a magical Peter Pan prequel."17 hours ago
- Rehearses Nov. 18, 2014; runs Dec. 3-28 in St. Louis, MO; rehearsals TBD; runs Jan. 17-Feb. 15, 2015 in Cincinnati, OH.
- Auditions: Oct 9, 10 in New York, NY
Casting "Ring of Fire."19 hours ago
- Runs Nov. 6-30 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "The Woman in Chador," a play.20 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Nov. 1, 2014, every Sat. (8-11 a.m.), Tues. & Thurs.(7:30-11 p.m.) in Huntington, NY; each play will be rehearsed once weekly; performances begin Jan. 18, 2015 at the Merrick Theatre and Centre For The Performing Arts in Merrick, NY.
- Auditions: Oct 9, 16, 23, 30 in Huntington, NY
Casting local performers and crew for the Black Box Thespians, a new Long Island-based theater company. Our current production consists of three plays from New York area playwright Gary Apple, and features "When God Comes for Breakfast, You Don't Burn The Toast," and two new one-act plays, "D.C.T." (Dreams Come ...21 hours ago