Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearsals TBD. Performances June 12-27, in San Francisco, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 7, 10 in San Francisco, CA
Casting the play "The Pillowman." Production description: "Katurian, a fiction writer living in a police state, is interrogated about the gruesome content of his short stories, and their similarities to a number of bizarre child murders occurring in his town."4 hours ago
- Rehearsals starts in December 2014 and Show Dates in February and March 2015.
- Auditions: Dec 10 in New York, NY
FM Production is seeking African American Actors and Actresses with dance background and dramatic flare. All other ethnicity are welcome to audition. For the plays "Soul Love" and "The March" written and directed by Florence Mills. Non-Equity and some pay, please bring resume and pic, and prepare a two-minute contemporary ...10 hours ago
- Rehearsals weekday evenings and some weekends in St. Charles, IL. Shows weekends February 20-March 15.
- Auditions: Dec 14 in St. Charles, IL
Casting "The Big Meal," a play. Project description: "Somewhere in America, in a typical suburban restaurant on a typical night, Sam and Nicole first meet. Sparks fly. And so begins an expansive tale that traverses five generations of a modern family, from first kiss to final goodbye. A stunning, big-hearted ...10 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin in January in Chicago, IL. Shows March 9-15.
- Auditions: Dec 14 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Downhill Backwards," a play.11 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin January 11 in Chicago, IL, and conclude on February 17. There will be 3-4 three-hour rehearsals a week. The show will open on February 20 and close on March 8.
- Auditions: Dec 5, 6 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Boeing Boeing," a play. Project description: "In this fast paced modern farce, playboy Bernard is engaged to three gorgeous flight attendants whom he juggles with the reluctant assistance of his housekeeper. But when the invention of a new and faster Boeing aircraft combines with weather delays, all three fiancees ...11 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin January 7 in West Chicago, IL. Shows February 27-March 1.
- Auditions: Dec 7, 8 in West Chicago, IL
Casting "Always the Bridesmaid," a play. Project description: "A rollicking tale of four loyal women who promised at their Senior Prom to be in each other’s weddings . . . no matter what. Many years later, these friends-for-life are determined to honor that vow. This is a laugh-out-loud journey with ...12 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin in January in Skokie, IL. Shows through March 22.
- Auditions: Dec 10, 15 in Skokie, IL
Casting "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee," a musical. Project description: "Spellers compete to move forward to the National Spelling Bee."12 hours ago
- Read through December 17 in Chicago, IL. Rehearsals January 5-February 12., Monday and Thursday evenings and Sunday afternoons. Shows weekends February 14-March 1.
- Auditions: Dec 8, 9 in Skokie, IL
Casting "The Laramie Project," a play. Project description: "A powerful theatrical collage that explores life in Laramie, Wyoming in the aftermath of the murder of Matthew Shepherd."12 hours ago
- Shows February 13-15, 20-22, and 27-28 in Batavia, IL.
- Auditions: Dec 7, 8, 9 in Batavia, IL
Casting "The Mousetrap," a play. Project description: "A woman's murder in London is somehow connected with a group of strangers stranded during a snowstorm... one of whom is the murderer! A policeman no sooner arrives, when someone is killed. An investigation promptly begins and everyone is a suspect. Chalk up ...12 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin December 15. Shows February 12-14 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Dec 1, 3, 5 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Crucible," a play. Project description: "A Salem woman accuses her ex-lover's wife of witchcraft."12 hours ago
- Actors will need to be available for one rehearsal on December 2.
- Seeking submissions from: Atlanta, GA
Every fall and spring the Alliance Theatre offers a dramatic writing workshop that assists playwrights with the early stages of developing their work. The Unseen, a play being workshopped, is looking for professional, non-equity, male and female actors to participate in a on-book reading on on December 8th and/or December ...13 hours ago
- Shows Saturdays at 10 p.m., January 10-31 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Nov 30, Dec 1 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Book of Dionysus," a play. Project description: "Centuries after the mortals lost faith, the Greek Gods of Mount Olympus have become lazy, self-absorbed socialites who can barely keep their dysfunctional family together let alone reign over humanity. Dionysus, the God of Revelry, thinks Earthlings have become miserable without ...14 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin December 20 and will rehearse evenings and weekends. Show performs Thursday - Sunday, January 17 - February 1, 2015
- Auditions: Dec 13 in Brooklyn, NY
Gallery Players announces casting for the British sex-farce, Run For Your Wife by Ray Cooney.17 hours ago