Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearsals will be scheduled around performers schedules.
- Seeking submissions from: Hollywood, CA
A clan of Vampire invite an audience of humans to witness their masquerade, unaware that the Dark lord and Slayer is on the way.13 hours ago
- Rehearsals - since a tight production schedule, actors need to be committed to all rehearsals. 1/4/15 Newton Area 11-5 1/11/15 optional Newton Area 11-3 1/18/15 Newton Area 11-5 2/1/15 Newton Area 11-5 2/3 or 2/5 TBD Dress Rehearsal at Oberon in Cambridge 3-10 2/6 Show date 3-11
- Seeking submissions from: Boston, MA
Unyfi is a comedic live rock show that brings YOU, the audience into chaos! Will you become a superhero? Will you join the radical hippy in protesting against DC corruption? Will you be fired by CEO Joe in his evil boardroom? Priscilla Prissy will look at your diamond ring to ...yesterday
- Productions rehearse and perform in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Jan 13, 26, 27 in Chicago, IL
Seeking actors for upcoming 2015-16 season for Chicago Shakespeare Theatre, which will include Shakespeare titles, new contemporary work, and a TYA musical.yesterday
- Rehearsal dates TBD at the APA Studio in Sylmar, CA; performance and other locations TBD.
- Seeking submissions from: Sylmar, CA; North Hollywood, CA; Burbank, CA; Hollywood, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Sherman Oaks, CA; Van Nuys, CA; Granada Hills, CA; Santa Clarita, CA
Seeking serious actors with a significant crazy side, who are uninhibited and willing to work harder than anyone else for their success for the Hidden Side Players. Coordinator states: "We are looking for actors of all types, ages, etc., and singers are also encouraged to audition. You must have a ...Tuesday
- Rehearsals begin February 9. Production runs March 20-29, in Tulsa, OK.
- Auditions: Jan 6 in Tulsa, OK
Casting for the production "The 39 Steps." Project description: "Mix a Hitchcock masterpiece with a juicy spy novel, add a dash of Monty Python and you have the intriguing, thrilling, riotous and unmissable comedy."Tuesday
- Rehearses Jan. 12-Feb. 19 (Mon.-Thurs.; actors will not be called to every rehearsal); runs Feb. 20-Mar. 21 (Thurs., Fri., and Sat. at 8 p.m.) at The Garage Theatre, 215 E. 7th St., Long Beach, CA.
- Auditions: Jan 5, 6, 7, 8 in Long Beach, CA
Casting "Wet Hot American Summer," a play based on the fan-favorite film directed by David Wain, detailing the final day of the summer of 1981 at Camp Firewood. Synopsis: It’s the last chance for Coop to tell fellow counselor Katie how he feels, but Katie’s boyfriend Andy might have something ...Tuesday
- Rehearsals to begin in January 2015 in Baltimore, MD at the Downtown Cultural Art Center, 401 N. Howard St.
- Auditions: Dec 27 in Baltimore, MD
Casting "The White Book," a riveting play about the impact of drugs on a community.Tuesday
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 6. Must be available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 5:30 to 7:30pm. Location is New York, NY.
- Auditions: Dec 30 in New York, NY
Seeking two males with a strong movement and acting background to be trained as company members in The American Mime Theatre, and to be cast in plays of the repertory for April performance. Director says, "we are a company of non-speaking actors who motivate movement from our own feelings."Tuesday
- Season rehearses and performs in Arlington, VA.
- Auditions: Jan 9 in Arlington, VA
Casting Signature Theatre 2015 Season. Season includes: "The Fix" (Dana P. Rowe, music; John Dempsey, book-lyrics; Eric Schaeffer, dir.; Matthew Gardiner, choreo.; Rehearsals begin: July 13, 2015; runs Aug. 11-Sept. 20); "The One" (Anton Dudley, book-lyrics; Brian Feinstein, music; Eric Schaeffer, dir.; Rehearsals begin Sept. 14, 2015; runs Oct. 13-Nov. ...Tuesday
- Rehearsals start Feb. 10. Tech week starts March 30. Performances run April 3, 4, 10 & 11 at the Inglewood Southside Christian Church.
- Seeking submissions from: Inglewood, CA; Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Seen Years" a one-act play in which a rapper moves in with an elderly woman, who happens to hate rappers. There is a very interesting end to this story.Tuesday
- Rehearsals begin Mar. 9, 2015; runs Apr. 8-May 10, 2015 in Austin, TX.
- Auditions: Jan 5 in New York, NY
Casting Equity and non-Equity actors for 2 male roles in "All the Way," the 2014 Tony Award winner for Best Play written by Pulitzer Prizewinning playwright Robert Schenkkan, is based on Lyndon Baines Johnson's prolific first year as President, and featuring many of the 20th Century's most famous leaders including ...Tuesday
- Rehearsals begin Apr. 28, 2015; previews begin May 28; tentatively opens June 15 in NYC.
- Auditions: Jan 15 in New York, NY
Casting "Gloria." Synopsis: Branden Jacobs-Jenkins, critically-acclaimed playwright of "Appropriate" and "An Octoroon" and winner of The Vineyard’s Paula Vogel Playwriting Award, makes his Vineyard mainstage debut with "Gloria." This funny, trenchant, and powerful new play follows an ambitious group of editorial assistants at a notorious Manhattan magazine, each of whom ...Tuesday