Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 14; show opens Nov. 6 for 12 performances over two weekends at the East Haddam Historical Society, 264 Town Street, East Haddam CT.
- Auditions: Oct 3, 4 in East Haddam, CT
Casting men and women ages 20 to 65 in a variety of roles in 10-minute plays (comedy and drama), and poetry (by CT poets) for this 90 minute show. This is the 7th edition of our biannual Plays and Poetry.4 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Dec. 16; runs Jan. 15-Feb. 15 in San Diego.
- Auditions: Oct 17, 18, 19 in San Diego, CA
Casting "Sons of the Prophet."yesterday
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 6, 2015; previews begin Feb. 3; runs Feb. 11-Mar. 15, in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "The Night Alive." Synopsis: The play takes place in Dublin. The men are loners, barely getting by and banking on a succession of odd jobs and get-rich-quick schemes. Until one day Tommy defends a destitute stranger against a violent attack, then shelters and protects her with the little he ...yesterday
- Table reads run Dec. 16-18 in NYC; Rehearsals begin Jan. 2, 2015; runs Jan. 30-Feb. 15, 2015 in Syracuse, NY.
- Auditions: Oct 27, 28, 29, 30 in Syracuse, NY
Casting "In the Next Room" by Sarah Ruhl.yesterday
- Season rehearses and performs in Berkeley, CA.
- Auditions: Oct 19, 20 in Berkeley, CA
Seeking actors for the California Shakespeare Theater 2015 Season. Season includes "Twelfth Night," (Christopher Liam Moore, dir. Rehearsal begins Apr. 29; runs May 30-June 21), "Life is a Dream," (Loretta Greco, dir. Rehearsal begins June 10; runs July 11-Aug. 2) "The Mystery of Irma Vep," (Jonathan Moscone, dir. Rehearsal begins ...yesterday
- Ongoing performances year-round in Detroit, MI and surrounding areas.
- Auditions: Oct 10 in Eastpoint, MI
Seeking professional theater actors and improvisors for The Murder Mystery Company. Casting director states: "The Murder Mystery Company has been active in the national theater community for over ten years and is third in record ticket sales in the U.S. Shows run year-round, with a multitude of fun themes changing ...6 hours ago
- Ongoing performances year-round in NOLA, LA and surrounding areas.
- Auditions: Oct 14 in New Orleans, LA
Seeking professional theater actors and improvisors for The Murder Mystery Company. Casting director states: "The Murder Mystery Company has been active in the national theater community for over ten years and is third in record ticket sales in the U.S. Shows run year-round, with a multitude of fun themes changing ...7 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin approx. Nov. 17; runs Nov. 28-Dec. 23 in Fort Worth, TX.
- Auditions: Oct 19 in Fort Worth, TX
Casting "Here Comes Santa Claus."yesterday
- Rehearsal begins Nov. 8; runs Dec. 12-Mar. 22 in Sarasota, FL.
- Auditions: Oct 10 in Sarasota, FL
Casting "Dancing Lessons," a play. Synopsis: A young man with Asperger’s Syndrome seeks the instruction of a Broadway dancer, now sidelined with injuries. As their relationship unfolds, they are caught off-guard by surprising discoveries, both hilarious and heartwarming, that they make about each other.yesterday
- Rehearses Nov. 15-17, 9:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m. in Yorba Linda; runs Dec. 1-June 16 in CA.
- Auditions: Oct 27, 28 in Yorba Linda, CA
Seeking improv actors for The Imagination Machine, a theatrical program that brings students' creative writing to life.8 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Nov. 12 (minimal weekday eves.); runs Dec. 4-14 (weekend eves.) at the Corner Office NYC Theater in midtown NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting a production of "The Eight: Reindeer Monologues" by Jeff Goode. Seeking non-Equity adult actors and actresses between the ages of 18 and 65, of any ethnicity, for this production. Synopsis: A dark, dark Christmas comedy. Scandal erupts at the North Pole when one of Santa's eight tiny reindeer accuses ...9 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Nov. 18 on weekends; performs Dec. 6 & 7 at the Corner Office NYC Theater in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting non-equity actors for "The Wizard of Oz." In this charming play based on the popular L. Frank Baum stories, Dorothy and her dog Toto are caught in a tornado's path and somehow end up in the land of Oz. Here she meets some memorable friends and foes in her ...10 hours ago