Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearsals begin Tuesday Feb. 23 and are held evenings from 6-9pm, Tuesday-Friday and Sundays. “This Is Modern Art” plays March 31-April 17 in New Haven, CT at Collective Consciousness Theatre. Performances are Thursday, Friday, Saturday only.
- Seeking submissions from: New Haven, CT; Hartford, CT; Bridgeport, CT
Collective Consciousness Theatre is casting an upcoming production of “This Is Modern Art” by Idris Goodwin and Kevin Coval. A group of young, ambitious graffiti artists set out night after night to make their voices heard and alter the way people view the world. When this crew finishes the biggest ...29 minutes ago
- Our 19th season will run throughout 2016-17, at The Shoebox Theatre in Portland, OR.
- Auditions: Mar 13 in Portland, OR
Casting company members for Theatre Vertigo. Producer states: "Theatre Vertigo's mission is to engage audiences by producing high-quality, ensemble driven theatre with a focus on producing and developing new or rarely seen works. The structure of our company is unique in that we make all artistic decisions as a collective ...1 hours ago
- Rehearses August 1-September 4, at Imago Theatre, in Portland, OR. Performances run September 5-21, at Imago Theatre, in Portland, OR.
- Seeking submissions from: Portland, OR
Casting the play, "Hughie." Project description: "A short two-character play by Eugene O’Neill set in the lobby of a small hotel on a West Side street in midtown New York during the summer of 1928."1 hours ago
- The play is in production and is traveling. Feb will be performing in McAllen, TX. With more dates in March, April and May and August.
- Seeking submissions from: San Antonio, TX
The Rosary is a play that deals with faith, family and strength and social issues that are prevalent in our society. A story line that many americans can relate too.2 hours ago
- Auditions: Monday, February 22nd, 1-3pm..By Appointment. Location: Shetler Studios and Theatres 244 West 54th Street 12th fl. room 1202 NY,NY Reading to take place in March at same location.
- Auditions: Feb 6 in NYC/St. Petersburg,Russia, NY
Casting a " staged reading " of " Forest Spirit " a new play by Michael Ferraro. Written in the genre of the " Theatre Of The Absurd. " Central conflict: Personal and situational obstacles to self-realization...Impending full production.5 hours ago
- Workshop will be held Mar. 12 (12-5 p.m.) and Mar. 13 (5-10 p.m.) in NYC. Performance showcase will be held in April 2016 at The Players Club in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking ten actors for "Shakespeare Without Fear," a ten-hour scene-study intensive. Coordinator states: "We are casting scenes for an intensive ten-hour workshop. Are you ready to perform the works of Shakespeare? Whether you are new to classical theater or simply need to brush up your skills, the Shakespeare Without Fear ...6 hours ago
- Program runs June 16-July 15, 2016 in Tanzania; festival performances run July 16-24 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting "ACTion: Tanzania," a month-long journey across Tanzania culminating in a performance series in NYC. Artistic director states: "This is an opportunity to explore cultures, serve communities, teach theater, workshop with master artists, learn from guest lecturers, create innovative theater, and perform original pieces in NYC."7 hours ago
- Show Dates: Friday, April 29th - Sunday, May 1st, 2016 Shows Location: The Hope Theatre 4650 Flat Shoals Pkwy, Decatur, GA 30034
- Auditions: Feb 8, 9 in Decatur, GA
Don’t Judge Me for Who I AM is a riveting play that explores the daily struggles of high school and college students around the world. This play presents the opportunity for its audience members to reflect on their different experiences in high school and how those decisions shaped their current ...9 hours ago
- Rehearses 2/22. Performance 2/28. Must be fully available both days.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
A staged reading of 'Sleepover Stories' by Wi-Moto Nyoka, as the first in a monthly reading series of new plays by female African-American playwrights. Sleepover Stories is a One Act of five vignettes connecting characters in alternate realities they are attempting to transcend. Directed by Courtney Harge. Literary Manager Samantha ...9 hours ago
- Rehearsals are bi-weekly through April on weekends and weekly through May.
- Seeking submissions from: New York city, NY
Ratchet is a comic drama with tragic overtones. The story of 2 single women with 3 children each by different fathers and the complications that arise in trying to raise a family with a minimum wage job.12 hours ago
- Rehearses in February - April, opens May 2016 (exact dates TBD) in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Sweet Love Adieu" a play. Director states: "Think 'Romeo and Juliet' the comedy. Continuing the on-going success of Smith's award-winning third verse comedy, 'Love Labours Won,' that won the International Award and an Encore! Producers' Award at the 2015 Hollywood Fringe Festival, we are delighted to announce casting for ...17 hours ago