Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearsals beginning December. Performances January, in Oakland, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Oakland, CA
Casting the performance "Art Liberation Performance." Production description: "A troupe of queer dancers, spoken word artists, street theatre radicals, musicians, singers, visual artists, and healers that breaks down stereotypes and raises awareness."55 minutes ago
- Rehearsals beginning March 2. Performances April 17 - May 3, in Danville, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 18 in Danville, CA
Casting the play "Of Mice And Men." Production description: "Two drifters, one a gentle but slow giant, try to make money working the fields during the Depression so they can fulfill their dreams."1 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 16 in North Hollywood, CA; tech rehearsal Mar. 2-5 in Thousand Oaks, CA; runs Mar. 5-15 in Thousand Oaks, CA; runs Mar. 17-29, 2015 in Phoenix, AZ.
- Auditions: Jan 15 in North Hollywood, CA
Casting a regional tour of "Old Jews Telling Jokes," a play by Peter Gethers and Daniel Okrent based on material from the website OldJewsTellingJokes.com.2 hours ago
- Reading takes place Dec. 30, 6 p.m. in Austin, TX.
- Seeking submissions from: Austin, TX
Casting "Almost Maine.' Company states: "Play Club, based in New York with branches in Los Angeles and New Orleans, is hosting its first table reading in Austin! The Artistic director is traveling to Texas for the New Year and has decided to host one of our classic Play Club readings ...3 hours ago
- Rehearsals and performances dependent upon roles.
- Auditions: Feb 6, 7 in Portland, OR
Casting multiple productions of Shakespeare plays or adaptations, for Portland-area Shakespeare companies, including Oregon Shakespeare Festival. Past companies in attendance include Anon It Moves, Fuse Theatre Ensemble, Milagro Theatre, Northwest Classical Theatre Company, Original Practice Shakespeare Festival, and Post 5.5 hours ago
- Rehearsal and production dates are TBD in NYC & New Jersey.
- Seeking submissions from: Bergen County, NJ; New York, NY
Seeking a young writer to work on a student project.5 hours ago
- Rehearses March through early-May 2015, in Portland, OR. Performances run May 15-June 13, 2015, in Portland, OR.
- Auditions: Jan 10, 11, in Portland, OR
Casting Shakespeare's "The Winter’s Tale." Project description: "King Leontes suspects his wife, Hermione, and his friend, Polixenes, of betraying him. When he forces Polixenes to flee for his life, Leontes sets in motion a chain of events that lead to death, a ferocious bear, an infant left in the snow, ...5 hours ago
- Ensemble meets Jan. 20-Apr. 7, 2015 (every second and fourth Tues. of the month); showcase performance is Apr. 10, at The Ume Group Company space on the Upper West Side, NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking movers, dancers, actors, musicians, and storytellers for the Ceili Ensemble, a part of the Ume Group Training Ensemble. The ensemble will learn, dissect, and reconstruct traditional Ceili dance--a Gaelic form of social dance used to commemorate places and events. Weekly trainings will build the ensemble's knowledge of Ceili and ...18 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 15 (will rehearses Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays 6:30-9:30 p.m. & Sundays 2-5 p.m.); performs April 17, 18, 24 & 25 at 8 p.m. and April 26, 2015 at 2 p.m. in Carson, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Carson, CA
The California State University, Dominguez Hills Department of Theatre and Dance is holding auditions for its final play of the 2014-2015 season, a masterful adaptation of Cervantes’ “Don Quixote,” which celebrates its 400th year anniversary in 2015.19 hours ago
- Runs Mar. 16– June 21 at the John Golden Theatre in NYC.
- Auditions: Jan 7 in New York, NY
Casting understudies for "Skylight" by David Hare, starring Bill Nighy, Carey Mulligan, and Matthew Beard.yesterday
- Runs Jan. 22, 24, and 25 as part of the Venus/Adonis Theater Festival in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Six Triple Eight," set during World War II as the first African-American female battalion arrives in Europe, this fictional historical play follows members of the 6888 Central Postal Battalion. Among them are Sammy, a young woman seeking adventure and romance; Cleopatra, a famous actress; Paige, a single mother trying ...yesterday
- 2015-2016 Season in NYC.
- Auditions: Jan 6 in New York, NY
Seeking new company members for Magis Theatre Company. Future productions include: "Calderon's Two Dreams," a rep of two play. Synopsis: Pedro Calderon de la Barca, the Shakespeare of Spain, wrote two plays with the same title, "Life is a Dream," both dealing with freedom. One was written and at age ...yesterday
- Rehearsals begin Mar. 10, 2015; tech Apr. 10-12; dress rehearsals Apr. 14 & 15; previews begin Apr. 16; runs Apr. 25-May 24 with possible extension through June 7 TBD (Thurs.-Sat. eves., Sun. matinees, one Wed. eve. on May 20) in Pasadena, CA.
- Auditions: Jan 12 in Pasadena, CA
Casting "My Barking Dog," a play by Eric Coble. Synopsis: What happens when something deeply wild ventures onto your doorstep? Two reclusive apartment dwellers’ unfulfilled lives take a turn for the bizarre when a starving coyote begins to frequent their fire escape. This brush with wildlife incites them to embrace ...yesterday
- Rehearses Jan. 7-Feb. 20, 2015 (research, development), as well as four days in March; technical rehearsals and performance in April in NYC.
- Auditions: Dec 22, 26, 29 in Brooklyn, NY
Casting a workshop of "The Ocean," a new play with music inspired by Deca's recent album (with permission from the bard himself). Seeking seven performers to join a collaborative ensemble of actors, musicians, and/or dancers to create a documentary piece which weaves in and out of collected verbatim interviews on ...yesterday
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 24; runs Mar. 26-Apr. 12, 2015 at The REP, Pittsburgh Playhouse, Theatre Upstairs in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Auditions: Jan 5 in Pittsburgh, PA
Casting "Endless Lawns" by Tony McKay.Tuesday
- Rehearsals begin January 5, 2015. Performances run February 13-28, 2015 in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Auditions: Dec 20 in Phoenix, AZ
Casting "The Beauty of the Father," written by Nilo Cruz. Project description: "Men and women discover what they are willing to sacrifice in the name of love. A young woman reunites with her artist father in the south of Spain, both falling in love with the same exciting young man. ...yesterday
- Rehearsals begin Mar. 27, 2015; runs May 1-31, 2015 in Dallas, TX.
- Auditions: Jan 12 in Dallas, TX
Casting "Sense and Sensibility," adapted by Kate Hamil.Tuesday
- Rehearsals begin Mar. 10; runs Apr. 3-19 in Norfolk, VA.
- Auditions: Jan 15 in Norfolk, VA
Casting "Breath and Imagination," a play.Tuesday
- Rehearsals begin February 7, 2015. Performances run March 12-28, 2015 at the Grand Theatre in Salt Lake City, UT.
- Auditions: Jan 3 in Salt Lake City, UT
Casting “The Skin of Our Teeth” by Thornton Wilder. Project description: "Completed by the author less than a month after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941, 'The Skin of Our Teeth' (1942) broke from established theatrical conventions and walked off with the 1943 Pulitzer Prize for ...Tuesday
- Runs in Hollywood, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Hollywood, CA
Casting "On the Dark Side," a play about a group of people stuck in the middle of a battle between good and evil. Choices must be made, paths chosen, completely backed by a rock and roll soundtrack.Tuesday
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 12, 2015; runs Feb. 20-22, 2015 at St. Jean's Auditorium, 167 East 75th Street in NYC.
- Auditions: Jan 8, 9 in New York, NY
- Rehearses Jan. 9-23, 2015; opens Jan. 24 and runs through April (two shows every Sat., 11 a.m. & 1 p.m.) at 13 Street Rep, 50 W. 13th St., NYC.
- Auditions: Dec 19 in NY, NY
Casting "Rapunzarella White: A Fairly Fractured Fairy Tale." Synopsis: Rapunzel, Cinderella, and Snow White are triplets stolen by an angry witch. Each princess is catapulted into her own fairy tale, awaiting rescue by her own personal (bumbling) Prince Charming.Tuesday