Play AuditionsBackstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Tuesday March 25th 2014 6pm TAJ LOUNGE 48 west 21st Street NYC
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Dinner Theatre Season Three Episode Seven2 hours ago
- Location: The Gene Frankel Theatre - 24 Bond St. 1st Rehearsal: May 19, 2014 Performances: June 16-22 & June 24-28, 2014
- Auditions: Mar 29 in New York, NY
BECKET by Jean Anouilh and translated by Lucienne Hill. Synopsis: BECKET is a re-enactment of the conflicts between King Henry II and Thomas Becket as the latter (Henry's best friend) ascends to power, becoming the King’s enemy. Becket begins as a clever, but hedonistic, companion; as a result of being ...3 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin March 31. Performances May 16 - June 1 in Martinez, CA.
- Auditions: Mar 23, 24 in Martinez, CA
Casting the play "Shipwrecked! An Entertainment, The Amazing Adventures Of Louis De Rougemont (As Told By Himself)." Project description: "The breathless story of a Victorian gentleman whose colorful past as a seafaring wanderer springs to life like a theatrical pop-up book; a late 19th century story about storytelling and the ...6 hours ago
- Rehearsals in September. Opens November in San Francisco, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: San Francisco, CA
Casting the theater production "Three Tall Women." Production description: "As an imperious, acerbic old woman lies dying, she is tended by two other women and visited by a young man."7 hours ago
- Performances May 9 - 11, in Pittsburg, CA.
- Auditions: Mar 17, 18 in Pittsburg, CA
Casting the murder mystery play "The Mousetrap." Project description: "A group of strangers is stranded in a boarding house during a snow storm, one of whom is a murderer."7 hours ago
- Rehearsals March 22 at 4:00-7:00 PM, location TBA, & March 24 at 7:00-10:30 PM, at City Lights Theater Company in San Jose, CA. Performance March 25 at 8:00 PM, at City Lights Theater Company in San Jose, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: San Jose, CA
Casting a workshop play-reading production of "Tycho's Fool." Production description: "A futuristic and surreal exploration of the life and mysterious death of Danish astronomer Tycho Brahe."8 hours ago
- Shows APril 25-May 11 in Skokie, IL.
- Auditions: Mar 18 in Skokie, IL
Casting "Tuesdays With Morrie," a play. Project description: "Newspaper sports columnist Mitch Albom recounts the time spent with his 78-year-old sociology professor, Morrie Schwartz, at Brandeis University, who was dying from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Albom, a former student of Schwartz, had not corresponded with him since attending his college ...8 hours ago
- Rehearsals will be August 4th-September 14th in Chicago, IL. Tech will be Sept 15th-20th. Previews on September 22-25. Performances will be Thursday-Sunday September 26th-November 2nd.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
The Agency Theater Collective is holding general auditions for its upcoming 2014 productions, including a world-premiere play written by the same team behind last year's acclaimed I Wish to Apologize to the People of Illinois.8 hours ago
- Auditions will begin in early April in the evenings and on weekends, in Chicago, IL. The show will be playing the first two weekends in May, with a tech rehearsal during the week between them.
- Auditions: Mar 16 in Chicago, IL
Casting the world premiere of "Hummingbird Heart," a one act play. Project description: "takes a deeper look at what motivates us and how far we are willing to go to get what we want. The entire show takes place in a prison interview between Kate, a woman who murders her ...9 hours ago
- The event is being held April 5-6 in NYC. If cast in any projects, the performance dates and locations will vary depending on the theater or production company.
- Auditions: Apr 5, 6 in New York City, NY
Theater Resources Unlimited (TRU) is presenting the annual TRU Combined Audition Event, which will be attended by more than 40 NY-area Equity and non-Equity producing companies, directors, and producers, and other individuals, including casting directors and agents. The TRU Voices Reading Series will also be cast at this event.11 hours ago
- Training and performances are ongoing beginning spring 2014 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking new members for our improvisational training theater (think "Saturday Night Live" or "In Living Color"). Producer states: "We offer customized instruction and industry exposure. Preparation. Opportunity. Support. Successful applicants join the company's prestigious IN Studios Conservatory where they will receive six months of improvisation classes at a significantly reduced ...14 hours ago
- Performs in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New Rochelle, NY
Casting "Shanghai Hand" a play.16 hours ago
- Rehearses TBD; performs late Summer 2014 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
The Night Shift Theater seeks original one-act scripts for upcoming production opportunities. The theater is "dedicated to nurturing emerging artists in NYC."17 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin April 29; runs May 22-June 22 (with possible extension through June 29) in Philadelphia, PA.
- Auditions: Mar 17, 18 in New York City, NY
Casting "Incorruptible."17 hours ago
- Rehearses March 24-28, March 31-April 4, April 7-9, & April 11-15 at ART-New York and BAM Fisher Hillman Studio; runs April 16-19 at BAM Fisher Hillman Studio.
- Auditions: Mar 19 in Brooklyn, NY
Casting dancers for a staged reading of "A Female Philoctetes," based on Sophocles' "Philoctetes."18 hours ago
- Auditions will take place in Philadelphia over the next couple of weeks. Rehearsals begin before the end of March, shooting starts in May. Production will be shot in Philadelphia and surrounding areas.
- Seeking submissions from: Philadelphia, PA
Seeking actor for a feature film and series of vignettes to be shot across much of 2014. Actors of color are encouraged to apply. We are specifically looking for young actors, as the other cast members are current high schoolers. JORDAN is a senior in high school in the small ...18 hours ago