Play AuditionsBackstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearsals TBD in Chicago, IL. Tech May 19, show May 21.
- Auditions: Apr 2 in Chicago, IL
Casting New Play Development Showcase. Project description: "Each playwright and director team will work on finessing the 10-15 minutes of a brand new play that needs legs - you. This is a wonderful opportunity to help new works. Some shows will have adult themes and language."1 hours ago
- Rehearsals will be held weekly on Tuesday evenings and Saturday afternoons beginning in April.Show dates are Fridays and Saturdays, May 30 & 31 and June 6 & 7 at 8 p.m. in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Mar 22, 25 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Hey Jackass - You're Rich!", a world premiere one-act play by Jeremy Pautz. Project description: "a darkly comic tale of a self-improvement seminar gone terribly wrong."1 hours ago
- Tuesday March 25th 2014 6pm TAJ LOUNGE 48 west 21st Street NYC
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Dinner Theatre Season Three Episode Seven11 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin May 19; performs June 16-22 and June 24-28 at The Gene Frankel Theatre in NYC.
- Auditions: Mar 29, 31 in New York, NY
Casting "Becket," by Jean Anouilh and translated by Lucienne Hill. Synopsis: "Becket" is a re-enactment of the conflicts between King Henry II and Thomas Becket as the latter (Henry's best friend) ascends to power, becoming the King’s enemy. Becket begins as a clever, but hedonistic, companion; as a result of ...12 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin March 31. Performances May 16 - June 1 in Martinez, CA.
- Auditions: Mar 23, 24 in Martinez, CA
Casting the play "Shipwrecked! An Entertainment, The Amazing Adventures Of Louis De Rougemont (As Told By Himself)." Project description: "The breathless story of a Victorian gentleman whose colorful past as a seafaring wanderer springs to life like a theatrical pop-up book; a late 19th century story about storytelling and the ...15 hours ago
- Rehearsals in September. Opens November in San Francisco, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: San Francisco, CA
Casting the theater production "Three Tall Women." Production description: "As an imperious, acerbic old woman lies dying, she is tended by two other women and visited by a young man."15 hours ago
- Performances May 9 - 11, in Pittsburg, CA.
- Auditions: Mar 17, 18 in Pittsburg, CA
Casting the murder mystery play "The Mousetrap." Project description: "A group of strangers is stranded in a boarding house during a snow storm, one of whom is a murderer."16 hours ago
- Rehearsals March 22 at 4:00-7:00 PM, location TBA, & March 24 at 7:00-10:30 PM, at City Lights Theater Company in San Jose, CA. Performance March 25 at 8:00 PM, at City Lights Theater Company in San Jose, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: San Jose, CA
Casting a workshop play-reading production of "Tycho's Fool." Production description: "A futuristic and surreal exploration of the life and mysterious death of Danish astronomer Tycho Brahe."16 hours ago
- Shows APril 25-May 11 in Skokie, IL.
- Auditions: Mar 18 in Skokie, IL
Casting "Tuesdays With Morrie," a play. Project description: "Newspaper sports columnist Mitch Albom recounts the time spent with his 78-year-old sociology professor, Morrie Schwartz, at Brandeis University, who was dying from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Albom, a former student of Schwartz, had not corresponded with him since attending his college ...17 hours ago
- Rehearsals will be August 4th-September 14th in Chicago, IL. Tech will be Sept 15th-20th. Previews on September 22-25. Performances will be Thursday-Sunday September 26th-November 2nd.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
The Agency Theater Collective is holding general auditions for its upcoming 2014 productions, including a world-premiere play written by the same team behind last year's acclaimed I Wish to Apologize to the People of Illinois.17 hours ago
- Auditions will begin in early April in the evenings and on weekends, in Chicago, IL. The show will be playing the first two weekends in May, with a tech rehearsal during the week between them.
- Auditions: Mar 16 in Chicago, IL
Casting the world premiere of "Hummingbird Heart," a one act play. Project description: "takes a deeper look at what motivates us and how far we are willing to go to get what we want. The entire show takes place in a prison interview between Kate, a woman who murders her ...18 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin April 21; runs May 17-June 8 in Los Angeles, CA.
- Auditions: Mar 21, 22 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Hit."20 hours ago