Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Season rehearses and runs in Gainesville, FL.
- Auditions: Jul 20, 21 in Gainesville, FL
Seeking Equity actors for various roles in Hippodrome State Theatre's upcoming 2015-16 season plays. Note: EPA for the summer musicals will be held at a later date. Season includes: "Peter and the Starcatcher" (Rick Elice, writer; Lauren Caldwell, dir. Rehearsals begin Aug. 14; runs Sept. 4-27); "All Girl Frankenstein" (Bob ...6 minutes ago
- Performances are held year round in the Seattle Area.
- Auditions: Aug 3 in Seattle, WA
The Murder Mystery Company has been active in the national theater community for over ten years and is third in record ticket sales in the US. Our shows run year round with a multitude of fun themes changing periodically to give our repeat customers something new to look forward to.14 minutes ago
- Rehearsals begin July 19th. ( minimal evening and/or weekend rehearsals) ; opens August 20th through the 23rd at the Corner Office Theater in midtown, Manhattan, NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting adult actors and actresses between the ages of 18 and 65 for the AlphaNYC Theater Company’ s off- off Broadway production of The Hysterical History of the Trojan War By Doug Larson.25 minutes ago
- Runs every week (Mon., 7-9 p.m.; Wed., 11 a.m.-1 p.m.; and Fri., 11 a.m.-1 p.m.); improv class runs every week (Sat. 12-1:30 p.m.) in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking new company members for The Complete Theatre Company's Summer and Fall Season. Company states: "Benefits include: weekly workshops, being cast in shows, and the unique opportunity to be a part of a social and artistic community. Agents and managers attend our shows and events. TCTC has performed in numerous ...2 hours ago
- Production runs November 6-8 and 13-15, in Baytown, TX.
- Auditions: Sep 13, 14 in Baytown, TX
Casting for the production "The Unexpected Guest." Project description: "A thriller as well as a puzzler set in a foggy estate in Wales, this mystery opens as a stranger walks into a house to find a man murdered and his wife standing over him with a gun."8 hours ago
- Position will start work remotely on July 13; production meetings and rehearsals begin Aug. 1 in NYC. "Now All We Have Left is Each Other" is the recipient of the first Henson Foundation Residency at the Eugene O'Neill Theater Center. The creative team will be in residence on the O'Neill campus from Sept. 1-12, and will present a work-in-progress showing in NYC in Nov. 2015 (end date: Nov. 19).
- Seeking submissions from: Brooklyn, NY
Seeking a NYC-based production manager for "Now All We Have Left is Each Other," the workshop of a new play by Liz Hara. This show is being directed by Spencer Lott and features the puppetry of Martin P. Robinson ("Little Shop of Horrors"). Synopsis: After the deaths of their parents, ...10 hours ago
- Two three- to four-hour rehearsals TBD before the reading; reading is Aug. 15 at the EXIT Theatre, San Francisco, CA.
- Auditions: Jul 19 in Oakland, CA
Casting "Coming Home," a one-night-only staged reading of a new play. Synopsis: "Coming Home" follows the protagonist Lena as she navigates between a world of pragmatic decisions and a dreamlike existence in which love, art, and beauty reign supreme.10 hours ago
- The first phase of the production includes a staged reading performance of the play on a TBD date, and will culminate with a full production run in the months following in L.A.
- Auditions: Jul 18, 19 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "The Hairy Ape," a play. Synopsis: "The Hairy Ape" is an expressionistic play that tells the story of an early 20th Century ship laborer named "Yank." He is a man of great physical strength, but has weak human connections, and minimal education. Yank is faced with the dilemma of ...11 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin July 18; performances will run August 21-30 in Fountain Hills, AZ.
- Auditions: Jul 11, 12 in Fountain Hills, AZ
Casting A.R. Gurney's "Sylvia." Project Description: A modern romantic comedy about a marriage and a dog. Greg and Kate have moved to Manhattan after twenty-two years of child-raising in the suburbs. Greg’s career as a financial trader is winding down, while Kate’s career, as a public-school English teacher, is beginning ...14 hours ago
- Performances will run September 10-12, 14, 17-19 at the old West Jordan Library.
- Auditions: Jul 8, 9 in West Jordan, UT
Casting "The 39 Steps," a madcap stage adaptation of the famed 1935 Alfred Hitchcock film (and John Buchnan novel) of the same title. Project Description: "The 39 Steps" trails unsuspecting Englishman Richard Hannay as he is inadvertently drawn into an elaborate plot by a dark and beautiful female spy. When ...14 hours ago
- Runs July 27-Aug. 9 in Norristown, PA. Note: This two-week session will be used to collaborate on the first phase of a new TYA piece. Afterward, there will be a small showing for staff, potential collaborators, & friends of Theatre Horizon & their children.
- Auditions: Jul 15 in Norristown, PA
Seeking Equity actors of all ages and nationalities who are strong improvisers and collaborators. 10 actors, roughly even between females and males.16 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Nov. 8; runs Dec. 20-Jan. 3, 2016 in Minneapolis, MN.
- Auditions: Jul 18 in Minneapolis, MN
Seeking actors for a new musical at Guthrie's Dowling Studio.16 hours ago