Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearsals in process. Tech week Nov 3-7 8 performances at 4th Street Theatre between Nov 8-22
- Seeking submissions from: Ney York, NY
Incongruence is based on several interviews done by Carla Pridgen with a multitude of transgender and intersex individuals, as well as their families, friends, and partners. Their stories have been given life in such a way as to bring awareness, education, and understanding to the audience.5 hours ago
- Rehearsals will be provided at a later date. Production will be performed on April 4, 2015, at 7pm
- Seeking submissions from: NJ
Casting "Linda Smith" in a play about Interracial relationships.14 hours ago
- Rehearsals thru December. Will have performances beginning in December. Rehearsals in Brooklyn.
- Seeking submissions from: Brooklyn, NY; Brooklyn, NY; NYC, NY
Cindy's Spirit is a contemporary Christian version of the classic tale Cinderella. Currently seeking Cindy, who is humble, meek yet passionate about her beliefs.10 hours ago
- Rehearsals: Dec 3-Jan 14 with a 2 week holiday break (Dec 22-Jan 4). Performances: Jan 15-17, Jan 22-24, Jan 29-31, Feb 5-7 at Urban Stages (30th/8th). For more information, visit: www.NewLightTheaterProject.com
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Auditions for No One Loves Us Here by Ross Howard; Directed by Jerry Heymann; produced by New Light Theater Project. Auditions are BY APPOINTMENT ONLY – please email us at: CastingNLTP@gmail.com with a headshot and resume. In the subject line, indicate the role you are interested in. About the play: ...13 hours ago
- Rehearsals will take place on weekday afternoons and will be flexible with the performers schedule.
- Seeking submissions from: Hollywood, CA
For years the vampire have remained hidden in the shadows. On this one night, they decide to come out and take a few few humans with them .19 hours ago
- There will be a number of rehearsals leading up to the actual night the scene is presented. Number of rehearsals depends on how much is needed as we proceed. Scene will be performed on Wednesday, November 19th between 6pm and 10pm. The exact time between 6 and 10 will be known closer to the 19th.
- Auditions: Oct 20, 21 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting a scene for my Directing for TV/Film class. The scene will be performed in front of this class. The scene is part of a short film that I wrote, which I hope to make in the future. The scene is about a guy who has just been in jail ...yesterday
- October 29th 12pm - 4pm Houston - Woodlands
- Seeking submissions from: Houston, TX
Casting for our interactive live corporate team building event, SpyGame. Actors play various improv roles similar to a murder mystery and deliver clues and information to the audience.yesterday
- The play will open in a small theater in Lake Arrowhead, CA and then travel. The show will go into rehearsal when cast. Do not submit if you are unable to travel to Lake Arrowhead which is 90 miles east of downtown Los Angeles.
- Seeking submissions from: Lake Arrowhead, CA; Southern, CA
Casting "Report to the Academy," an original and unique play based upon a short story by Franz Kafka. Producer states: "It is drama, comedy and romance. There are no small roles."Friday
- Rehearsals: In November, mostly evenings, in downtown San Francisco. Performances: Friday and Saturday evenings at the Cartwright Hotel, Union Square, starting November 29th and continuing till January 31st.
- Seeking submissions from: San Francisco, CA; Oakland, CA; San Jose, CA; Marin, CA; Berkeley, CA; San Mateo, CA; Millbrae, CA; Burlingame, CA; Belmont, CA; San Carlos, CA; Redwood City, CA; Menlo Park, CA; Woodside, CA; Palo Alto, CA; Albany, CA
Casting "The Red Priest of Venice" a new play about the composer of The Four Seasons, Antonio Vivaldi.Friday
- Playing December 31st, 2014 through February 7th, 2015 at the Glendale Centre Theatre. 324 North Orange St, Glendale, CA, 91203.
- Seeking submissions from: Glendale, CA
Glendale Centre Theatre is casting “Lend Me A Tenor”, by Ken Ludwig. Produced by Tim Dietlein. Directed by James Castle Stevens.Friday
- Rehearsal and production dates & locations are TBD.
- Auditions: Nov 24 in New York, NY
Casting Equity actors, especially those with previous experience/interest in both Suzuki & Viewpoints training. Note: The majority of roles throughout the season will be cast with SITI Company members.Friday
- Runs in Los Angeles, CA.
- Auditions: Nov 10 in Los Angeles, CA
Seeking actors for Center Theatre Group's monthly Equity Auditions for Equity Actors only.Friday
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 12, 2015; runs Feb. 12-Mar. 15, 2015 in L.A.
- Auditions: Nov 18 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Washer/Dryer," by Nandita Shenoy. Synopsis: Why is Sonya so hesitant to introduce her new husband Michael to the people in her building? Why does the doorman keep calling her about a package in the lobby? Tempers and misunderstanding flare and mayhem ensues as the arrival of Michael’s mother, some ...Friday