Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- First Read: Wed. July 8th, 7pm Rehearsals: starting 5/9 (mostly Mon/Tues evenings, Sat. days, & Sun vary depending on running show) Tech: Sunday Aug. 9th (all day); evenings 8/10- 8/12 Run: Thursdays 8pm 8/13- 9/3; Wednesdays 8pm 8/26 & 9/2; Sundays 2pm 8/16 (talk back) & 8/23 Little Fish Theatre 777 S. Centre Street San Pedro CA 90731
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA; San Pedro, CA; Long Beach, CA; Orange County, CA
Synopsis: An American doctor and an Irish journalist are being held captive by terrorists in Beirut. They exercise and they argue, supportive in their mutual determination to survive. They are joined by an English academic. The three display their national biases and prejudices, which are intensified in the cramped confines ...53 minutes ago
- Season rehearses and performs in Los Angeles, CA.
- Auditions: Jun 8, 12, 23 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting the Geffen Playhouse 2015-16 season. Season includes "Guards At The Taj" (Rajiv Joseph, writer; Giovanna Sardelli, dir. Rehearsals begin Sept. 8; runs Oct. 6–Nov. 15); "Outside Mullingar" (John Patrick Shanley, writer; Randall Arney, dir. Rehearsals begin Oct. 13; runs Nov. 10-Dec. 20); "Barcelona" (Bess Wohl, writer; Trip Cullman, dir. ...56 minutes ago
- Runs in summer in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking new members for an advanced, "emotionally-centered" improvisational theater practice and performance group. Director states: "This is not improv comedy (writing on your feet), but rather improvisational theater (acting without a script). Selected participants will work alongside peers with the best rotating coaches/directors NYC has to offer. Regular performances are ...1 hours ago
- Training and performances are ongoing beginning Winter 2015 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking new members for an improvisational and sketch comedy theater (think "Saturday Night Live" or "In Living Color"). Producer states: "We provide customized instruction and industry exposure; preparation; opportunity; and support. Successful applicants join the company's prestigious IN Studios Conservatory, where they will receive six months of improvisation classes at ...1 hours ago
- Performances run Aug. 15-21 in NYC. Note: One performance may be in the afternoon.
- Seeking submissions from: Raleigh, NC
Casting "Portraits: He Said...She Said." Portraits is a performance piece, 26 monologues, alternating 13 for a woman, 13 for a man, one together at the end. It was first performed at the Carrack Modern Art (http://thecarrack.org/event/portraits). The monologues reflect women of different ages, different situations, and different points of view. ...2 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 23, 2016; runs Mar. 31-July 17 at the American Airlines Theatre in NY.
- Auditions: Jun 10 in New York, NY
Casting Eugene O'Neill's "Long Day's Journey Into Night."2 hours ago
- Rehearses this June; runs mid- to late July at the Manhattan Repertory Theater in NYC.
- Auditions: May 29 in New York, NY
Casting "Latebar," the story of a local late night lounge in the city that has its own stories to tell. Each moody, sexy, and fashionable character represents a vibe unique to the club.2 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 15; runs Oct. 17-Nov. 21 in Madison, NJ.
- Auditions: Jun 15 in New York, NY
Casting "The Diary of Anne Frank."5 hours ago
- Rehearses Aug. 3-12; runs Aug. 13, 14, 15, and 16 in Saratoga Springs, NY.
- Auditions: Jun 16 in Saratoga Springs, NY
Seeking Equity actors for five available roles in "Other People's Money."7 hours ago
- Rehearses June 29-July 8; runs July 9, 10, 11, and 12 and Oct. 15, 16, 17, and 18 in Saratoga Springs, NY.
- Auditions: Jun 15 in Saratoga Springs, NY
Seeking an energetic and creative female Equity actor for one role in "Letters From a Window in the Sky."7 hours ago
- Season runs at St. Edward's University campus in Austin, TX.
- Auditions: Jun 8 in Austin, TX
Casting the 2015-16 Season for Mary Moody Northern Theatre. Season includes: "Mr. Burns: A Post-Electric Play" (Anne Washburn, writer; David M. Long, dir. Rehearsals begin Aug. 17; runs Sept. 24-Oct. 4); "To Kill a Mockingbird" (Harper Lee, novel; Christopher Segall, adaptation; Robert Tolaro, dir. Rehearsals begin Oct. 5; runs Nov. ...8 hours ago
- Works at Walt Disney World near Orlando, FL.
- Auditions: Jun 22, in Kissimmee, FL
Seeking male and female actors for "For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration." Synopsis: Anna, Elsa, and Kristoff lead the audience through a retelling of the story of the animated hit "Frozen."8 hours ago
- Mandatory full-day training Aug. 10-13; pop-up individual events are for the next two years on an ongoing basis in NYC.
- Auditions: Jun 11 in New York, NY
Seeking actors and performer/educators to join a company of artists as “Mavens” who will bring Torah (Bible) stories to life. Operations manager states: "Lab/Shul is an everybody-friendly, artist-driven, experimental community for sacred Jewish gatherings based in NYC, reaching the world. Lab/Shul is auditioning new Storahtelling Mavens to join the ranks ...8 hours ago
- One TBD rehearsal in NYC; shows are June 13 & 30. Shows are ongoing on a per-gig basis.
- Seeking submissions from: Highland Mills, NY; New York, NY
Seeking immediate replacements for the comedy "Ira and Isabella's Jewish Italian Comedy Wedding." Synopsis: You're part of the family at Ira and Isabella's wedding. Dance the tarantalla and the hora! Dysfunction and chaos at its best!9 hours ago
- Performs May 29 & 30 w/ several other dates available year around in NYC and NJ area.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; NJ; Brooklyn, NY
Seeking funny actresses to perform solo and two-person shows at schools and special events.9 hours ago
- Rehearses June 1-July 26 at the University of Maryland campus, College Park, MD; runs July 11-26 at the Brookland Artspace Lofts Studio during the Capital Fringe Festival (weekend dates with one Wednesday afternoon), Washington, D.C.
- Auditions: May 28, 29 in College Park, MD
Seeking two to four actors age 18+ for roles in Good Egg Community Theatre's devised piece for kids. Roles will involve developing the stories with the cast as well as acting.10 hours ago
- Rehearses June 9 (2:30-4:30 p.m.); reading is June 9 (7 p.m.) at CAP21, NYC.
- Auditions: Jun 3 in New York, NY
Casting "Music From Big Dead," a play by Donna Kaz for the ARTC Spring Reading Series.10 hours ago
- Rehearses July 15-29 in Waterbury, CT; preview performances July 30-31 at Mattatuck Museum Performance Arts Center. Tours to Guilford, CT with technical rehearsals Aug. 3-4 and performances Aug. 5-9 (dates subject to change) One additional tour date on Aug. 29 at McLaughlin Vineyard in Newtown, CT.
- Seeking submissions from: Hartford, CT; New York, NY; Boston, MA
Casting Shakesperience Productions' "The Comedy of Errors," to be presented at the 14th Annual Shakespeare on the Shoreline in Guilford, CT, directed by artistic director Emily Mattina.10 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin on or about July 10; production is part of the Theater for the New City's Dream Up Festival, which runs Aug. 30-Sept. 20 in NYC.
- Auditions: Jun 18, 20 in New York City, NY
Seeking African American actors for one-acts. Each actor will be in two or three of the five plays. Plays range from comedic to dramatic to surreal.12 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin within the wk. of May 28 for a four-day competition (six days if the play is selected to enter the finals) in late June in NYC. Actors must commit to all rehearsals and performances, including dress rehearsal prior to the competition.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Commuters," a one-act play to be featured in an upcoming New York short play competition. Synopsis: A grim look at the distance people place between themselves in today’s technologically-obsessed culture of “more is more” and “now isn’t soon enough.”20 hours ago