Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Training and performances are ongoing beginning Winter 2015 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking new members for an improvisational and sketch comedy theater (think "Saturday Night Live" or "In Living Color"). Producer states: "We provide customized instruction and industry exposure; preparation; opportunity; and support. Successful applicants join the company's prestigious IN Studios Conservatory, where they will receive six months of improvisation classes at ...6 hours ago
- Runs in summer in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking new members for an advanced, "emotionally-centered" improvisational theater practice and performance group. Director states: "This is not improv comedy (writing on your feet), but rather improvisational theater (acting without a script). Selected participants will work alongside peers with the best rotating coaches/directors NYC has to offer. Regular performances are ...7 hours ago
- Reharsals start June 22nd M Monday - Friday from anytime between 12-5 Tech starts on August 17th in the Davenport Theatre located on 45th st and 9th ave Performences are on August 18, 19,20,21st Scheduled to possibly extend run
- Auditions: May 23 in New York, NY
Director's Concept: Shakespeare’s Othello is a war hero of African descent, who fights in the Venetian army and defeats the Turks. Similarly to Saint Domingue’s (now Haiti) Pablo Ali, who was largely recognized in Santo Domingo (now the Dominican Republic) after fighting alongside the Spanish for Haiti's freedom, the army ...11 hours ago
- Rehearsals beginning June. Performances August 7-30, in Petaluma, CA.
- Auditions: May 27 in Petaluma, CA and May 30 in Petaluma, CA
Casting the play "The Tempest ." Production description: "Shakespeare in the park: Prospero, a magician, lives in exile on a desolate isle with his daughter, Miranda. Aided by the spirit Ariel, Prospero conjures a tempest to wreck the ship of his enemies, but the king's son becomes stranded with them ...11 hours ago
- Performances in October, in Santa Rosa, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: sant, CA
Casting the theatrical production "Fairytale Ball." Production description: "The 2nd annual fairy tale themed ball where costumed characters mingle and perform fairy tale tricks and performances. There is a theatrical element with scripted storytelling and a sing a long with main characters."12 hours ago
- King Carter was accepted into the Fresh Fruit Festival and will be performed at the Wild Projects venue. The festival starts in July. All rehearsals will take place at Shetler Studio based upon your availability.
- Seeking submissions from: Selden, NY; New York, NY
King Carter is a one woman show about a transgender who is a beauty pageant contestant. She is about to have her final procedure to complete her transformation.22 hours ago
- Rehearsals will be held in Coronado, California. We will start rehearsals after the July 4th weekend. We open on July 25th through August 2nd.
- Seeking submissions from: Coronado, CA
Casting call for My Big Fat Gay Wedding! This is a "family" comedy that uses a lot of strong satire to show the ridiculousness of the extremes of society. It will be part of the San Diego International Fringe Festival this summer. The show is currently scheduled to open at ...yesterday
- Rehearsals begin July 6 at Champions Studios, 257 West 39th St.; runs Aug. 5 (7 p.m.) and Aug. 9 (9 p.m.) at Harlem Repertory Theatre/Tato Laviera Theatre, at 240 E. 123rd St., NYC. Note: There maybe be alternate performance dates as well, TBA.
- Auditions: Jun 13 in New York, NY
Casting "The Prophet," a one-act play selected for this summer's The Riant Theatre's Strawberry One-Act Festival. Synopsis: The legendary insurrectionist, Nat Turner, makes a confession and the lawyer, Thomas R. Gray, documents the harrowing confession.yesterday
- Rehearses Aug. 17-Sept. 9; runs Sept. 10-19 in NY.
- Auditions: Jun 11 in New York, NY
Casting "A Happy End" by Iddo Netanyahu. All the characters in the play deal, throughout, with the external reality of Germany of 1932-33. This reality surrounds them at all times, whether the characters admit to it or not.yesterday