Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearsals start Sunday, April 20th. Tech (evenings): May 18th & 19th. Performances (evenings): May 20, 21, 22, 23 June 4, 6. Plays at the Manhattan Repertory Theatre
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Something mystical happens when young playwright Eugene O'Neill and fiction writer Agnes Boulton meet for the first time, never dreaming that their playful conversation in a bar will change their lives forever.15 hours ago
- Rehearses January 2015, performs February 2015, Tucson AZ.
- Seeking submissions from: Tucson, AZ; Los Angeles, CA; Phoenix, AZ; San Francisco, CA; San Diego, CA; Austin, TX; CO; NM
Casting "United" a world premiere play about the lives of the people who died on United Flight 93 on September 11.18 hours ago
- Rehearsals will be in mid May for 3 days in Chicago. The tour will begin performances in mid June and continue into August.
- Seeking submissions from: Portland, OR
The Traveling Lantern Theatre Company is seeking 2 actors M/M or M/F to perform Ben Franklin during our summer tour of WI. and Il. libraries. Shows are scheduled from late June thru July. Scheduled dates are weekdays and you'd be returning home every weekend, no shows are scheduled the week ...19 hours ago
- Rehearsals start in mid-May and there are four separate programs over four weekends from May 29-June22.
- Auditions: Apr 27, 29 in Brooklyn, NY
The Black Box New Play Festival features 13 world premiers in the month of June. Many roles for actors and actresses of all ages, races and ethnicities. Non-equity only. No pay.20 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin July 15; runs Aug. 12-Sept. 21 in New York.
- Auditions: May 2 in New York, NY
Casting "The Wayside Motor Inn" by A. R. Gurney.yesterday
- Rehearses May 14-June 17; runs June 18-Aug. 1 in NY. Note: Performance schedule is Wed., Thurs., and Fri. night 8 p.m. shows, with the exception of July 4th week, which is an adjusted schedule.
- Auditions: Apr 28, 30 in New York, NY
Casting "The Religion Thing" by Renee Calarco.yesterday
- Rehearses and performs in Seattle, WA.
- Auditions: May 2 in Seattle, WA
Casting the Seattle Repertory's 2014-15 season. Season includes "The Piano Lesson" a co-production with Syracuse Stage (Tim Bond, dir. Rehearsals begin Sept. 23; runs Oct. 24-Nov. 9 at Syracuse Stage; Rehearsals begin Jan. 6, 2015; runs Jan. 21-Feb. 8 with a possible extension through Feb. 15 in Seattle); "Dear Elizabeth" ...yesterday
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 30; runs Oct. 29-Dec. 7 (with a possible extension through Dec. 21 at the Lucille Lortel Theatre) in NY.
- Auditions: Apr 29 in New York, NY
Casting "Punk Rock" by Simon Stephens.yesterday
- Read through may 27; rehearsals begin July 22-Aug. 6; runs Aug. 7-8 & 10 at Cabrini Rep Tehatre.
- Auditions: May 6 in New York, NY
Casting “If the Pink Pump Fits!” A comical yet moving up-to-date untold fairy tale billed as a Gay "Cinderella" story, dealing with equality, bullying and breaking outta the closet! Playwright states: "It will be presented at The Thespis Festival, UWS Manhattan at Cabrini Rep Theatre."yesterday
- Rehearses in May in Midtown and Central Park West; premieres early July at the Thespis Theater Festival in NYC.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting for the new play titled "X's and Y's."Apr 12