Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearsals are evenings Tues-Fri; 12-5pm weekends; Mondays off. Opens Oct 25 - plays Thur-Sun through Nov 9. Gallery Players, 199 14th Street, Park Slope, Brooklyn.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking immediate replacement for Stage Manager.1 hours ago
- Auditions on Saturday 10/4 First Rehearsal 10/5 or 10/6 Second Rehearsal (in-class, mandatory date) 10/7 Third Rehearsal between 10/7 and 10/20 Performance (in-class, mandatory date) 10/21 All rehearsals and performances will take place on-campus at New York University (Washington Square campus).
- Seeking submissions from: New York City, NY
Casting for a series of REHEARSALS of a scene from 'Doubt' to be presented in a directing class at NYU's Tisch School of the Arts. There will be a series of 3 rehearsals followed by a final performance for the class. This is a NON-UNION and NON-PAYING job. The scene ...2 hours ago
- Rehearsals beginning April. Performances June 13-28, in Palo Alto, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Palo Alto, CA
Casting the play "Chinglish." Production description: "An American businessman sees a chance to expand his family’s sign-making business in China, where public signage is often hilariously mistranslated from Mandarin to English. Linguistic and cultural confusions abound as he begins to fall in love with the one woman he absolutely cannot ...3 hours ago
- Rehearsals TBD. Performances TBD, in Pleasanton, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Pleasanton, CA
Casting the play "My Son Pinocchio Jr." Production description: "This new musical, which retells the familiar Disney story from Geppetto's perspective, features the beloved classic songs 'When You Wish Upon A Star' and 'I've Got No Strings' alongside a host of new songs by Stephen Schwartz, tackling timely issues about ...3 hours ago
- Rehearsals TBD. Performances beginning November 14th, in Martinez, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Martinez, CA
Casting the play "12 Angry Men." Production description: "A dissenting juror in a murder trial slowly manages to convince the others that the case is not as obviously clear as it seemed in court."3 hours ago
- Rehearsals start Monday Oct 6 and run Sun - Thurs from 7 - 10 with Saturday day rehearsals possible. THE GAME'S AFOOT plays November 14 - December 21 (three performances a weekend) at the Santa Paula Theater Center, 125 South 7th Street, Santa Paula, CA 93060.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Ken Ludwig's THE GAME'S AFOOT (or Holmes for the Holidays) is an hilarious romp into a world where farce meets who dunnit. Broadway star William Gillette, admired for his leading role in the play SHERLOCK HOLMES, must assume the persona of his beloved Holmes after inviting his fellow cast mates ...4 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 14; show opens Nov. 6 for 12 performances over two weekends at the East Haddam Historical Society, 264 Town Street, East Haddam CT.
- Auditions: Oct 3, 4 in East Haddam, CT
Casting men and women ages 20 to 65 in a variety of roles in 10-minute plays (comedy and drama), and poetry (by CT poets) for this 90 minute show. This is the 7th edition of our biannual Plays and Poetry.9 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Dec. 16; runs Jan. 15-Feb. 15 in San Diego.
- Auditions: Oct 17, 18, 19 in San Diego, CA
Casting "Sons of the Prophet."yesterday
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 6, 2015; previews begin Feb. 3; runs Feb. 11-Mar. 15, in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "The Night Alive." Synopsis: The play takes place in Dublin. The men are loners, barely getting by and banking on a succession of odd jobs and get-rich-quick schemes. Until one day Tommy defends a destitute stranger against a violent attack, then shelters and protects her with the little he ...yesterday
- Table reads run Dec. 16-18 in NYC; Rehearsals begin Jan. 2, 2015; runs Jan. 30-Feb. 15, 2015 in Syracuse, NY.
- Auditions: Oct 27, 28, 29, 30 in Syracuse, NY
Casting "In the Next Room" by Sarah Ruhl.yesterday
- Season rehearses and performs in Berkeley, CA.
- Auditions: Oct 19, 20 in Berkeley, CA
Seeking actors for the California Shakespeare Theater 2015 Season. Season includes "Twelfth Night," (Christopher Liam Moore, dir. Rehearsal begins Apr. 29; runs May 30-June 21), "Life is a Dream," (Loretta Greco, dir. Rehearsal begins June 10; runs July 11-Aug. 2) "The Mystery of Irma Vep," (Jonathan Moscone, dir. Rehearsal begins ...yesterday
- Ongoing performances year-round in Detroit, MI and surrounding areas.
- Auditions: Oct 10 in Eastpoint, MI
Seeking professional theater actors and improvisors for The Murder Mystery Company. Casting director states: "The Murder Mystery Company has been active in the national theater community for over ten years and is third in record ticket sales in the U.S. Shows run year-round, with a multitude of fun themes changing ...12 hours ago
- Ongoing performances year-round in NOLA, LA and surrounding areas.
- Auditions: Oct 14 in New Orleans, LA
Seeking professional theater actors and improvisors for The Murder Mystery Company. Casting director states: "The Murder Mystery Company has been active in the national theater community for over ten years and is third in record ticket sales in the U.S. Shows run year-round, with a multitude of fun themes changing ...13 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin approx. Nov. 17; runs Nov. 28-Dec. 23 in Fort Worth, TX.
- Auditions: Oct 19 in Fort Worth, TX
Casting "Here Comes Santa Claus."yesterday