Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearses Apr. 13-May 28; runs May 29-June 20; strike June 21 in Long Beach, CA. The Richard Goad Theatre 4250 Atlantic Ave., Long Beach CA 90807
- Auditions: Mar 29 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting William Shakespeare's "The Tempest." Company states: "Plots to Murder! Plots for Revenge! Monsters, magic, music, dancing, comedy, romance! It's all in 'The Tempest.' LBSC's Season of Spectacle continues with Shakespeare's story of shipwrecked survivors on an enchanted island."Mar 18
- Run begins Spring 2015 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking new members for an advanced "Emotionally-Centered" Improvisational theater practice and performance group. This is not improv comedy (writing on your feet), but rather improvisational theater (acting without a script). Selected participants will work alongside peers with the best rotating coaches/directors NYC has to offer. Regular performances are optional. Much ...Mar 18
- Runs May 8 & 9 at the Armstrong Theatre at the Torrance Cultural Arts Center, 3330 Civic Center Drive in Torrance, CA.
- Auditions: Mar 29, Apr 1 in Torrance, CA and Mar 29, Apr 1 in Torrance, CA
Casting for original comedy, "Imported Bride," set in L.A. in the 1990s at the Scholars Restaurant in Chinatown, where everyone from the owner to the wait staff holds a master’s or doctorate degree. Zhang Hongru, a lonely dishwasher and scholar, suffers a disfiguring kitchen accident that dashes his hopes to ...Mar 18
- First read May 9 (11 a.m.-2 p.m.); rehearsals begin May 9 (mostly Mon.-Tues. eves., Sat. days, and Sun. at various times); tech June 6 & 7 (all day) and June 8-11 (7-11 p.m.); runs June 12-July 18 (except July 4; Fri. & Sat.; Sun. at 2 p.m., plus July 2 & 16; possible additional dates June 21 & July 9) at Little Fish Theatre, 777 S. Centre St., San Pedro, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: San Pedro, CA; Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Private Lives" by Noel Coward. Synopsis: Elyot and his second wife, Sibyl, have arrived in the South of France on their honeymoon. Little known to either, Elyot’s divorcee, Amanda, is staying in the next-door apartment on honeymoon with her second husband, Victor. Elyot and Amanda meet and rekindle their ...Mar 18
- Rehearses weekly on dates TBD; performs in late spring at Dixon Place, NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: Brooklyn, NY
Casting "ELEUSIS: Saturn," a collaborative theatrical and performance art project. Coordinator states: "This project is part of a larger series of pieces with the intent to reimagine, remystify, and dare-we-say queer the 'drawing-room magickal theatre' of Aleister Crowley's 'The Rites of Eleusis.' Using the original text as a springboard for ...Mar 18
- Shows run year-round in the Grand Rapids, MI area.
- Auditions: Apr 13 in Grand Rapids, MI
Seeking theatrical/improv actors for The Murder Mystery Company. Casting director states: "The Murder Mystery Company has been active in the national theater community for over ten years and is third in record ticket sales in the U.S. Our shows run year-round with a multitude of fun themes changing periodically to ...Mar 18
- Productions rehearse and perform in Westport, NY.
- Auditions: Apr 3 in New York, NY
Casting the 2015-16 Season for the Depot Theatre. Season includes: "The Bikinis" (Rehearsals begin June 29; runs July10-26); "New York Water!" (Rehearsals begin July 20; runs July 31-Aug 16); and "Savin' Up for Saturday Night, The Honky Tonk Musical" (Rehearsals begin Aug. 10; runs Aug. 21-Sept. 6, 2015).Mar 18
- Rehearsals begin July 7; previews begin Aug 4; runs Aug. 18-Sept. 13 in NYC.
- Auditions: Apr 3 in New York, NY
Seeking diverse Equity actors for "Informed Consent." Synopsis: An electrifying new play by one of the most exciting voices in the American theater, "Informed Consent" is an "urgent, challenging, and of-the-moment" (Cleveland Plain Dealer) drama about one woman's quest to answer the mysteries of science and her own life, based ...Mar 18
- Season rehearses and runs in West Springfield, MA.
- Auditions: Jun 1, 2 in West Springfield, MA and Jun 1, 2 in West Springfield, MA
Seeking Equity actors and actors who sing for various roles in Theater Project's upcoming 2015-16 season. Season includes: "A Streetcar Named Desire" (Tennessee Williams, writer; dir. TBD. Rehearsals begin Aug. 17; runs Sept. 10-Oct. 18); "The Fabulous Lipitones" (John Markus & Mark St. Germain, writers; dir. TBD; music dir. TBD. ...Mar 18
- Productions rehearse and perform in Berkeley, CA.
- Auditions: Apr 6 in Berkeley, CA
Casting the 2015-16 Season for Berkeley Repertory Theatre. Season includes: "Amelie" (Craig Lucas, book; Dan Messe, music; Nathan Tysen, lyrics; Pam MacKinnon, dir.; Kimberly Grigsby, mus. dir.; Sam Pinkleton, choreo.; Rehearsals begin July 7; previews begin Aug. 28; opens Sept. 11; closes Oct. 4 with possible ext. through Oct. 18); ...Mar 18
- All productions rehearse and perform in Glen Falls, NY.
- Auditions: Apr 13 in Glens Falls, NY
Casting the 2015 Adirondack Theatre Festival. Festival includes: "Kalamazoo" (Michelle Kholos Brooks & Kelly Younger, playwrights; Chad Rabinovitz, dir. Runs June 23-July 3); "The Uncivil War" (Rick Kunzi, Adam Barnosky, & Justin Zeppa, playwrights. Runs July 9-18); "Spun: A Brother/Sister Rock Musical" (Emily Goodson & Jeremy Schonfeld, playwrights; Chad Rabinovitz, ...Mar 18
- Season rehearses (during the day, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.) and runs in Franklin, TN.
- Auditions: Mar 31, Apr 1 in Franklin, TN and Mar 31, Apr 1 in Franklin, TN
Seeking Equity actors and actor/singers for various principal roles and chorus parts in Studio Tenn's 2015-16 season shows. Season includes: "Gypsy" (Arthur Laurents, book; Jule Styne, music; Stephen Sondheim, lyrics. Rehearsals begin Sept. 1, 2015; runs Sept. 17-Oct. 4); "It's a Wonderful Life" (James W. Rodgers, adapter. Rehearsals begin Nov. ...Mar 18
- Rehearsals begin May 4. Production runs June 24-25, in Tulsa, OK.
- Auditions: Apr 11 in Tulsa, OK
Casting for the production "Twelfth Night." Production description: "When Viola and her twin brother are separated at sea and she finds herself shipwrecked in the mythical land of Illyria, she must don the persona of a young man to survive."Mar 17