Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Runs in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA; Long Beach, CA; Compton, CA; San Pedro, CA; Lakewood, CA
Casting "Under Pressure," a hip-hop, gospel, drama, R & B play.Mar 17
- Season rehearses and runs in Little Rock, AR.
- Auditions: Apr 27 in New York, NY
Seeking Equity actors and actors who sing for Arkansas Repertory Theatre's upcoming 2015-16 season. Season includes: "Macbeth" (William Shakespeare, writer. Rehearsals begin Aug. 18, 2015; runs Sept. 11-27); "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee" (William Finn, music-lyrics; Rachel Sheinkin, book; Jay Reiss, additional material. Rehearsals begin Sept. 22; runs ...Mar 17
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 11; runs Sept. 11-27 in Little Rock, AR.
- Auditions: Apr 28, 29 in New York, NY
Seeking an ethnically diverse company of Equity and non-Equity actors, ages 18-65, for "Macbeth." All roles are available. Actors may be hired to play multiple roles.Mar 17
- Rehearses spring 2015; festival runs July 9-26 (five performances) in Washington, D.C. Washington, D.C. Metro applicants only.
- Seeking submissions from: Washington, DC
Casting "Girl with Two Belly Buttons," a play to be presented at the 10th Annual Capital Fringe Festival. Synopsis: At 60 Izzy is sick and alone. She has had so many relationships. Why did they all fail? Then Izzy meets Izabela, her 30-year-old self, and the two explore what went ...Mar 16
- Rehearses April 28-May 27 (weekdays, 7-10 p.m. and Sat. afternoons); runs May 28-June 7 (Thurs.-Sun.) in Hartford, CT.
- Seeking submissions from: Hartford, CT
Casting Chekhov's "Ivanov" for Corpus Quixote.Mar 16
- Rehearsals take place June 22-July 3 (12 day break) July 15-22; tech at 59E59, July 22; preview at 59E59, July 23-26 in NYC. Actors travel to Edinburgh: July 31 or Aug. 1 ; tech at Edinburgh: Aug. 4; previews at Edinburgh, Aug. 5-6; performances at Edinburgh: Aug 7-31, 2015 (performances schedule TBD - please note that due to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival schedule, performers may only have one day off during the run).
- Auditions: Apr 6, 7, 9 in New York, NY
Seeking Equity and non-Equity actors of all gender identities and ethnicities for "Trans Scripts - Part One," a play by Paul Lucas based on interviews conducted with over 70 people of transgender experience in the United States, Europe and Australia. The play focuses on trans females (male to female). Linda ...Mar 16
- Runs from Aug. 25, 2015-May 15, 2016 in Denver, CO.
- Auditions: Apr 20 in Denver, CO
Casting actors and actors who sing for a variety of roles for Denver Center's 2015-16 season. Season includes "As You Like It," "Tribes," "A Christmas Carol," "The Nest," "All the Way," "Fade" and " Sweeney Todd."Mar 16
- Rehearsals begin Apr. 7 (mostly evenings and weekend afternoons); runs May 7-24 (Thurs., Fri. and Sats., 7:30 p.m. and Sun. matinees at 3 p.m.) in NY.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Fences" by August Wilson.Mar 16
- Rehearsals begin July 27; runs Sept. 3-Oct. 3 in Los Angeles, CA.
- Auditions: Apr 6 in Pasadena, CA
Casting "Mojada: A Medea." Synopsis: Luis Alfaro, author of the explosive Oedipus el Rey, continues his brilliant reexamination of the Greek classics through a modern lens: Mojada is a breathtaking reimagining of Euripides Medea transported to East Los Angeles. Medea, a Mexican seamstress with extraordinary skill, is running from a ...Mar 16
- Rehearsals begin June 6; season runs June 16-Oct.11 in Jennerstown, PA.
- Auditions: Apr 7, 8 in New York, NY
Equity actors and actors who sing for various principal roles in Mountain Playhouse's upcoming season. Season includes "Cotton Patch Gospel," Chapter Two," "Nana's Naughty Nickers," "Church Basement Ladies 4," "The Hound of Baskervilles," and "Forever Plaid."Mar 16
- Rehearses and performs in Greene, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: Greene, NY
Casting the Chenango River Theatre 2015 Season. Season includes: "The Velocity of Autumn" (Eric Coble, writer; Craig MacDonald, dir. Rehearses May 4-21; runs May 22-June 14); "Escanaba in da Moonlight"(Jeff Daniels, writer. Rehearses July 27-Aug. 13; runs Aug 14-Sept 6); and "Other Desert Cities" (Jon Robin Baitz, writer; Bill Lelbach, ...Mar 16
- Rehearses May-June; runs week of July 13 at The Bridge Theatre in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Flowers for Algernon," a play. Synopsis: Charlie Gordon, a mentally disabled thirty-two-year-old man, is chosen by a team of scientists to undergo an experimental surgery designed to boost his intelligence.Mar 16
- Reading on April 27 at the Theatre for the New City in NYC. Minimum seven rehearsal dates prior to reading.
- Seeking submissions from: New York City, NY
Casting "The Retard," a developmental reading for a play. Synopsis: A young couple is in love; he's white, she's black. They stumble into the lair of Simon, a Machiavellian cynic and sociopath who's married to Yo-Yo, a gorgeous a mentally disabled girl from Africa, who he claims is the perfect ...Mar 16