Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearses Oct. 6-22; runs Oct. 23-26 in NY. Auditions September 20th.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Love Shorts," comedic and serious one-act plays about love.Sep 03
- Rehearsals and performances will be from October 6-November 23, in Las Vegas, NV
- Seeking submissions from: Las Vegas, NV
Casting "Foxfinder" by Dawn King. Project Description: "A gripping, unsettling and darkly comic exploration of belief, desire and responsibility. William Bloor, a Foxfinder, arrives at Sam and Judith Covey’s farm to investigate a suspected contamination. What follows will change the course of all their lives, forever."Sep 04
- Rehearses Sept. 3-Oct. 11 (Mon. & Wed., 7-11 p.m. and Sat., noon-4 p.m.); tech rehearsals Oct. 13 (time TBD), Oct. 15 (3:30-6 p.m.), Oct. 17-19 (9 a.m.-6 p.m., all three days), & Oct. 20 (noon-5 p.m.). Runs Oct. 20-22 (Mon.-Wed., 6 p.m. call); wraps Oct. 25 (12-2 p.m.) in Los Angeles.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Hold Me Tight," an original, devised theater-dance performance inspired by Christine and Léa Papin, who worked as maids in the Lancelin household in Le Mans, France. Synopsis: On the third of February, 1933, after having gouged out their eyes, the maids beat Madame Lancelin and her daughter to a ...Sep 03
- FIrst rehearsal TBD; runs Apr. 24-May 17 (Wed.-Sun.) in Portland, OR.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking members of the deaf community for the role of Chris in Third Rail Repertory Theatre's production of Dan Rebellato's "Static." If you are not a member of the deaf community, or know ASL, do not submit.Aug 30
- Shoots in Orange County, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Santa Ana, CA
Seeking actors for PBNE Films' academy, films, musical theatre, and acting classes for the 2014-2015 season, including "Visions Evilutions," a feature length film, as well as the hit Broadway musical "Man of La Mancha."Sep 02
- Rehearsals begin Dec. 15, 2014; runs Feb. 6-Mar. 1, 2015 in Novato, CA.
- Auditions: Oct 11, 12 in Novato, CA
Casting the play "The Bat." Production description: "A murder mystery thriller set in 1944; a master criminal has stolen over one million dollars and left at least six men dead; the police are helpless; and the only person who can stop him is an adventurous sixty year-old matron."Sep 01
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 5, 2015; runs through June 8, 2015 in NJ, NY, PA, CT.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking actors with classical experience for "Shakespear Live!" at the Shakespeare Theatre of NJ. Productions will be "A Midsummer Night’s Dream" and "Macbeth."Aug 27
- Tours year-round.
- Auditions: Oct 8, 9, in Los Angeles, CA
Seeking male and female action performers, martial artists, gymnasts, acrobats, and specialty acts, who are 5’6” and taller, for the touring arena stunt spectacular, "Marvel Universe Live!" featuring dozens of the famed Marvel superheros and villains.Aug 26
- Twelve month contract. Rehearses in North Hollywood, CA; all programs tour Southern California schools Mon.-Fri. Occasional evening and weekend work is required. Two-to-six day road trips are scheduled throughout the school year. Tour ranges from Bakersfield to San Diego, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA; Orange County, CA
Seeking actors who are interested in being trained as health educators and care strongly about issues facing youth to portray elementary through high school characters for Southern California school‐based educational theater tour. Actors are trained as health educators in order to facilitate question‐and‐answer sessions, classroom workshops, and/or one‐on‐one interactions with ...Aug 25
- Performs April 8-May 10, 2015 at Eclectic Theater in Seattle, WA.
- Seeking submissions from: Seattle, WA
Casting "The Gate," a one act play about a black GI who marries a pregnant Korean woman. Also casting "Che," a telling of the experiences of Che Guevara.Aug 24
- Rehearsals Oct. 3-5, 2014 at the Greek Cultural Center located at 26-80 30th Street, Astoria, New York; runs from mid-Nov. to third weekend in December 2014 in Astoria New York.
- Auditions: Oct 3, 5 in Astoria, NY
Casting "My Convict" a modern Greek play by Eleni Randou and directed by Christos GodasAug 24
- Season rehearses and performs in Pasadena, CA.
- Auditions: Nov 13 in Pasadena, CA
Casting "Figaro" (Bart DeLorenzo, dir. Rehearsals begin Jan. 27, 2015; runs Mar. 3-May 10) and "Julius Caesar" (Geoff Elliott & Julia Rodriguez-Elliott, dirs. Rehearsals begin Feb. 17; runs Mar. 28-May 8).Jul 17
- Rehearses Tuesday & Wedesdays 6-8:30pm; Saturday 1-3:30pm. 4 days a week 2 weeks prior to play. Production are: Nov 12th & 14th Manhattan Rep Theatre Dec 6th, Mary Burch Theatre in NJ For more information, email: Teaclinton@aol.com
- Seeking submissions from: NJ; NY
Casting "Murphy's Law: Group Therapy Gone Wild." Synopsis: Dr. Pew, an unconventional, quirk, hippie-psychotherapist, brings her patients together for her Dramatic Group Therapy project in an effort to help them, help one another. But as the saying goes, anything that can go wrong, does go wrong, in this Group Therapy ...Aug 08