Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Read-through May 9 (11 a.m.-1 p.m.); rehearses June 6 (scenes 1-4), June 13 (scenes 1-5), June 27 (scenes 4-8), July 11 (scenes 8-11), July 25 (scenes 1-6), Aug. 1 (scenes 6-11), and Aug. 8 & 22 (all scenes); performance dates TBD between Aug. 29-Sept. 19, in NYC.
- Auditions: Apr 11 in New York, NY
Casting "Under the Same Moon," a comedic, limited-run, non-union showcase. Synopsis: The time is the late 1940s in the North Carolinas and Burt's barbershop has always been the pride of the community--that is, until Rita and Thelma Lou want to open a beauty parlor right next door to the barber ...Mar 16
- Performances May 22-June 14, in Novato, CA.
- Auditions: Mar 30, 31 in Novato, CA and Mar 30, 31 in Novato, CA
Casting the play "Unnecessary Farce." Production description: "When two rookie cops trail a crooked politician to a motel, they’re not only fighting crime, they’re also battling mistaken identities, thwarted lovers, unintentional innuendo, conversations that seem to be about one thing but are actually about something else entirely, and an inordinate ...Mar 16
- Rehearsals begin end of April; performs May 22, 23, 24, 29, 30, & 31 in Coney Island, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: Brooklyn, NY
Seeking an actress for the role of Maxim Gorky's mistress Maria Andreyeva for Coney Island USA's production of Maxim Gorky's "Boredom," adapted for the stage by Coney Island USA artistic director Dick D Zigun and directed by James Rana.Mar 15
- Submission deadline: May 31, 2015; staged readings performed on Aug. 21, 22, & 23 at the Cabrillo Playhouse in San Clemente, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Orange County, CA; San Diego, CA
Seeking submissions of original new plays to be produced in staged readings at the Cabrillo Playhouse.Mar 15
- Meets once per week and produces a show once per month in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Cirque Duh Foo," which puts on a comedy/clown hybrid sketch show with solo, tandem, and group bits once a month.Mar 15
- Readthrough March 31 (7 p.m.); rehearses weekday evenings; performs May 7-17 (Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays) in Tampa, FL. Note: Ten performances total.
- Auditions: Mar 29 in Tampa, FL
NXT Theatrics announces auditions for Ira Levin's play "Veronica's Room." "This chilling mystery thriller by the author of 'Rosemary's Baby' explores the thin line between fantasy and reality, madness, and murder. Students Susan and Larry find themselves as guests enticed to the Brabissant mansion by it's dissolute caretakers the lonely ...Mar 15
- Closed table reading is Apr. 7 (7-9:30 p.m.) at a midtown studio, NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Top Spy," a one-off, closed table reading of a new play. Coordinator states: "This is just to hear how it's sounding." Synopsis: "Top Spy" is a play inspired by reality TV. It's a heart-pounding thriller in which everyone gets to participate. You are invited to an annual espionage competition ...Mar 15
- Rehearsals begin late April or early May (Sun. afternoons, Mon. evenings, and Thurs. evenings); the Capital Fringe Festival runs July 9-26 in Washington, D.C. This production has not yet received venue assignment.
- Auditions: Apr 5 in Bethesda, MD
Casting "A Family Reunion," a play set to be included as part of the 10th Anniversary Capital Fringe Festival. Synopsis: This original play is about two abducted children who return to their family as adults. Will love heal or will their return be the beginning of yet another tragedy? Producer ...Mar 14
- Rehearsals begin May 9 at Little Fish Theatre, 777 Centre St., San Pedro, CA; opens June 18 and runs for four wks. in San Pedro, CA and until Aug. 22 at various parks throughout Southern California.
- Auditions: Apr 11 in San Pedro, CA
Seeking non-Equity actors for Shakespeare by the Sea's productions of "The Tempest" and "As You Like It." This is a two-show outdoor summer Shakespeare festival that is based in San Pedro and performing at parks throughout Southern California.Mar 14