Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearsals July 22; runs Aug. 10-Sept. 6 in Sacramento, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Sacramento, CA
Casting "Conference of the Birds," an adaptation by JeanClaude Carriere and Peter Brook. The play is based on the Persian poem of the same name and written by Farid Udi Attar.Jun 06
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 5; runs Sept. 4-Oct. 5 in L.A.
- Auditions: Jul 15 in Los Angeles, CA
The longest-running theater of color in the U.S. is seeking performers to play multi-racial, Asian, Pacific Islander, and South Asians for "Animals out of Paper," by Rajiv Joseph. Synopsis: When a renowned origami artist opens her studio to a teenage prodigy and his school teacher, she discovers that life and ...Jun 05
- Rehearsals begin approx. July 15; performs mid-August to September in Brooklyn, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: Brooklyn, NY; NY, NY
Seeking teen actors (ages 15-19) who can sing and dance for an outdoor summer production of "Romeo and Juliet" with rock music.Jun 05
- Positions are ongoing; assemblies are held during the day in the Northern NJ area.
- Seeking submissions from: NJ; NY
Explore Science, a science-based educational company, is seeking performers for educational assemblies for school children.Jun 04
- Performances run Apr. 23-26, 2015 in Pittsburg, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Pittsburg, CA
Casting Neil Simon's "Barefoot In The Park," about two newlyweds who learns to live as a "couple" while facing the usual daily ups-and-downs.Jun 03
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 25; runs Oct. 2-5 in Pittsburg, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 18, 19, 21 in Pittsburg, CA
Casting "Hound Of The Baskervilles," a play in which Sherlock Holmes and his companion Dr. Watson investigate the case of an attempted murder inspired by the legend of a fearsome, diabolical hound of supernatural origin.Jun 03
- Rehearses Aug.-Sept. 2014; opens Oct. 4 and runs through June 2015 with possible second year extension.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting "Saint Francis: Troubadour of God's Peace," a one-person show on the life and spirit of Saint Francis of Assisi, to tour the U.S. with performances in churches and theaters.May 28
- Three play finalists will be selected from all entries received by the deadline of June 30, 2014 and given staged readings in the fall of 2014; winning production will be in December 2015. Three musical finalists will be selected from all entries received by the deadline of Aug. 31, 2014 and given staged readings in the spring of 2015; winning production will be in the spring of 2016.
- Seeking submissions from: Northern NJ, NJ; Tri-State, NY
Seeking new plays and musicals for the 12th Annual NJ Playwrights Contest. The Play Series is open to NJ residents only and the Musical Series is open to all in the northern NJ, tri-state region. Producing Director states: "We are particularly seeking plays and musicals suited for staging in a ...Jun 02
- Show opens late October, in Swarthmore, PA.
- Auditions: Jul 23 in Swarthmore, PA
Casting two leads for stage adaptation of John Fowles, "The Collector," about an obsessed and introverted butterfly collector who stalks a beautiful and privileged art student.Jun 01
- Rehearsals begin late July or early August. Performances run October 10-25 in Buckingham, PA, with special performances, benefits, and matinees already booked during the run.
- Seeking submissions from: Doylestown, PA
Casting all roles for stage version of Shirley Jackson's famous thriller, "The Haunting of Hill House." Project Description: "A small group of people are brought together in a brooding, mid-Victorian mansion known to harbor evil. Led by Dr. Montague, the visitors probe the secrets of the old house and draw ...Jun 01
- Rehearses Mon.-Thurs. evenings and possible Sun. afternoons; runs Oct. 24-Nov. 8. Note: There will be two performances on Oct. 30 and Nov. 6 in CT.
- Auditions: Aug 4, 5 in New Canaan, CT
Casting "A Time to Kill" adapted for the stage by Rupert Holmes (based on the novel by John Grisham) is the incendiary story of a Southern community torn in half by an unspeakable crime. As the shocking news hits the public, small town America becomes the center of a media ...May 30
- Rehearsals begin July 29; runs Aug. 20-31 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "The Winter's Tale," by William Shakespeare. This production is a revival of The Shakespeare Theatre Company's 2013 production of The Winter's Tale. The production is STC's annual "Free For All'' which means all performances are completely free of charge and open to the public.May 29
- Performs in August 14 - 17 and possible extended runs in ACME theater in North Hollywood, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting an all-Asian production of "Hamlet," the first work in Memento Mori Company's Shakespeare series.May 18