Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 21; runs Nov. 22-Dec. 22 in Dallas, TX.
- Auditions: Sep 23 in Dallas, TX
Casting "Miracle on 34th Street."Aug 19
- Shoots end of August-end of September in Greenwich, CT (30 min. from NYC); talent will only be needed for a half day.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking models for a fine art photo series. Photos will be used in art-related venues (exhibitions, prints, art magazines, etc.). Photographers state: "We are an artistic duo who works internationally in the field of contemporary fine art photography. At the moment we are in New York area to create new ...Aug 20
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 8; runs through Nov. 14 in CT.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking non equity actors with basic knowledge of Spanish for bilingual touring production of "Don Quixote."Aug 19
- Rehearses Sept.-Nov. 2014 in Philadelphia, PA; workshops Oct. 2014; performs Nov. 2014 in NYC. Note: Will likely move rehearsals to NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: Philadelphia, PA; New York, NY
Casting "Ska Days," a workshop of a new experimental play.Aug 15
- Performances run March 6-April 12, 2015, at The Lakewood Theatre, located in the Lakewood Center for the Arts, Lake Oswego, OR.
- Auditions: Sep 27, 29 in Lake Oswego, OR
Casting the play, "Three Men on a Horse," a screwball comedy set in New York and suburban New Jersey in the early 1930's. Producers state: "The play has been revived on Broadway several times and made into films, seen on television, and adapted as a musical. The comedy focuses on ...Aug 14
- Runs Sept. 30 at 7:00 p.m. at 14518 Polk Street in Sylmar, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: North Hollywood, CA; Northridge, CA; Studio City, CA; Van Nuys, CA; Hollywood, CA; Los Angeles, CA
Seeking actors to participate in the American Performance Alliance ShockCase, a showcase in which the acting community has a place to perform a 2-3 minute monologue, invite people to watch them perform, and network. At the end of the evening, five judges composed of directors, actors, and audience members will ...Aug 13
- Rehearses October and November. Performances run November 5-22, in San Francisco, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 28, 29 in San Francisco, CA
Casting "The San Francisco Olympians Festival," a short play festival featuring a collection of 28 new plays written by 30 local writers, each one focusing on (or inspired by) a different monster from Greek mythology.Aug 12
- Season rehearses and performs in Pasadena, CA.
- Auditions: Nov 13 in Pasadena, CA
Casting "Figaro" (Bart DeLorenzo, dir. Rehearsals begin Jan. 27, 2015; runs Mar. 3-May 10) and "Julius Caesar" (Geoff Elliott & Julia Rodriguez-Elliott, dirs. Rehearsals begin Feb. 17; runs Mar. 28-May 8).Jul 17
- Performance dates are TBD in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Star Trek Battle Bridge: Aroana Infliction," a play in which the former crew of the Enterprise has been retired and or moved to a battalion ship. Being a ship of exploration, with weaponry only to defend itself in the direst of circumstances, the Enterprise has been outfitted with a ...Aug 08