Play AuditionsBackstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 12; runs Feb. 14-16 in NYC.
- Auditions: Dec 16, 17 in New York, NY
Casting "More Than One Good Way to Drown," a full-scale second year graduate performance project for Columbia University. Synopsis: In this cold, visceral landscape, a daughter (Frieda) tries to reconcile with the loss of her mother, who took her own life when Frieda was a young girl. She confronts her ...Saturday
- Rehearsals will be Mon.-Thurs. evenings at Eastwood Church 1601 Eastland Ave; 3rd floor in East Nashville, TN (Same location as auditions); Opening Feb. 7-10 in Dayton,OH runs to April, 2014 traveling around middle Tennessee.
- Auditions: Dec 18 in Nashville, TN
Casting "The Altos: A Little Lower Than The Sopranos" Directed by Rachael L. Rodgers with the assistance of Brittany B. Anderson Synopsis: "From Hunt Mysteries to Mel O'Drama Theater. It's Chicago in the 1920's. Big Louie Alto's retirement banquet where his successor of the family business is to be named. ...Friday
- Reading is either late April or early May, 2014 in Pasadena, CA. Note: Rehearsal locations will vary.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA; N. Hollywood, CA; Pasadena, CA; Hollywood, CA
Casting "The Legend of Bonny Anne Bonny," a new play. Synopsis: "Anne Bonny was a real person, a pyrate, as notoriously brutal as she was beautiful. Hers is a tale of intrigue, romance, adventure, betrayal, violence, sex, drinking, cursing, gambling, singing and sword-fighting; a tribute to Rogues, Knaves, Whores and ...Friday
- Rehearses mid-December, in Shoreline, WA; performs one day in December, in Vancouver, B.C.
- Seeking submissions from: Shoreline, WA; Seattle, WA
Casting actor to play Hercules in one performance of the children's show "Hercules and the Golden Apple." Project description: "Last Leaf offers programs for young audiences, and this fun and fanciful adaptation of one of Hercules' many labors features riddles, puns, and puzzles as our hero pursues his quest to ...Friday
- Rehearsals begin July 8, 2014; runs July 31-Aug. 17, 2014 in St. Louis, MO.
- Auditions: Dec 22, 23 in St. Louis, MO
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 15; opens tentatively Feb. 15, 2014 in NYC.
- Auditions: Dec 19 in New York, NY
Casting "Sordid Lives" by Del Shores.Friday
- Rehearses early February; runs mid-February-May 2014 at various locations in the Tri-State Area.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting two 45-minute fast-paced and audience-interactive children's plays, "Johnny Appleseed" and "Ben Franklin," which will tour libraries and schools.Friday
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 3; runs Feb. 12-March 16, 2014 in Jacksonville, FL.
- Auditions: Jan 7 in Jacksonville, FL
Casting "I Ought to be in Pictures." Richard Karn will play the role of Herb.Friday
- Rehearsals TBD; tentative performance Jan. 5, 2014 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "What Does It Mean to be an American?," a play about immigration which revolves around a Mexican woman.Thursday
- Rehearses and performs in Hollywood, CA.
- Auditions: Jan 11 in L.A., CA
Seeking new members for the Neo Ensemble Theatre dues paying company. Artistic Director's statement: "Based in Hollywood, we are in our 18th year, producing 2-3 main stage projects each year, as well as 8 of our signature Monolog Festivals, plus an industry-attended 'Best Of The Best.'"Thursday
- Cast members are required to perform in two Sun. shows a month; tech and rehearsals Wed. night, Sat. & Sun. morning & Sun. afternoon; performances take place at the Second City Studio Theatre in Hollywood, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 14 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting “TMI Hollywood,” a weekly live show that parodies "TMZ" and the entertainment and pop culture stories they cover. Producer states: “It’s a new show each week, so cast members are required to learn new material in a short period of time. Each week a guest star joins us; past ...Thursday
- Evening rehearsals run Dec. 5-13 with one daytime rehearsal Dec. 6; runs Dec. 14-22 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York City, NY
Casting "A Christmas Carol."Thursday
- Contract dates run Feb. 25-April 27 in Cambridge, MA.
- Auditions: Dec 19 in Cambridge, MA
Casting "The Shape She Makes."Thursday
- Rehearsals TBD at Shetler Studios in NYC; performs TBD at the Theatre at St. Clements in NYC.
- Auditions: Dec 11 in New York City, NY
Casting "A Bridge For Two." Personnel states: "Award-winning Playwright/Director Joseph Lizardi is casting his new one-act romantic play, "A Bridge For Two," to be presented at the Strawberry One-Act Festival."Wednesday
- Rehearsals begin May 5 in NYC; runs May 29-June 22, 2014 (Thurs.-Sat. 8 p.m. & Sun. 3 p.m.) in Croton Falls, NY.
- Auditions: Jan 3 in New York, NY