Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Production runs February 19-March 8, 2015 in Bulverde, TX.
- Auditions: Jan 4 in Bulverde, TX
Casting for the production "Second Samuel."yesterday
- This is ongoing, year-round, part-time work in Houston, TX. The normal show schedule is as follows: Wed., Thurs., & Fri. (6:30 & 8:30 p.m.) and Sat. & Sun. (12:30, 2:30, 4:30, & 6:30 p.m.).
- Auditions: Dec 18, 19 in Houston, TX
Seeking contract actors to portray characters in an ongoing interactive theater production of "Trapped In A Room With A Zombie" in Houston, TX. This is a suspenseful comedy that is currently playing throughout the entire United States.yesterday
- Rehearses Jan. 10, 11, and 17; runs Jan. 18 at Zephyr Theatre in Hollywood, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 21 in Hollywood, CA
Casting "The Call Girl's Dilemma" & "Chamber of Love," two staged readings of plays. Synopsis: A divorcing couple discovers therapy in fortune-cookie messages from an invisible arbiter. An ex-hooker and her ex-John try to overcome her past and create a real estate empire.Monday
- Rehearsals will be held weekday evenings and weekends as soon as casting is complete; runs Feb. 14-22, 2015 as part of the Strawberry One Act Winter Festival in NY.
- Auditions: Dec 20, 21 in New York, NY
Casting "Caprice," the French play by Paul Emilien Riviere, translated by Alphonsine Justine. Synopsis: A capricious female arouses on-line male seekers. They meet and she subjects them to a hodge-podge of test matches.Monday
- Rehearses Sunday evenings (off Dec. 29) from 7-10 p.m.; tech rehearses Jan. 19-22; runs Jan. 23-25 in NY.
- Auditions: Dec 18 in New York, NY
Seeking an emergency replacement for Demetrius for "Midsummer Night's Dream."Monday
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 24, 2015; runs Mar. 24-Apr. 19 in NY.
- Auditions: Jan 6 in New York, NY
Casting "Soldier X" by Rehana Lew Mirza. Synopsis: "Soldier X" follows a young military social worker, Monica, who falls for a returning soldier, Jay, and the subsequent love triangle that occurs when he decides he's in love with his dead comrade's Muslim sister. This play is meant to deal with ...Monday
- Performances begin Feb. 13 and run for eight weeks on Friday and Saturday nights in the NoHo Theater District of N. Hollywood. Note: We will be fitting a few rehearsals before the end of the year. The schedule will intensify starting in January and early February. If you have a conflict with the schedule we respectfully ask that you do not apply.
- Auditions: Dec 18 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Ten Seconds" an original, unpublished one-act play with four characters that takes place in the local bar of a small town in Georgia. It is a drama with elements of comedy which come from the characters and their take on life. The play will be performed as part of ...Monday
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 12, 2015; tours Mar. 2-28.
- Auditions: Jan 8 in Albany, NY
Casting "They Built America" by Maggie Mancinelli-Cahill.Monday
- Rehearses January 2015. Shows run February 7-March 8, 2015, with a possible extension through March 29, in Chicago, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "Red," a play. Project description: "Master expressionist painter, Mark Rothko, is at the very top of his game, landing the biggest commission in the history of modern art: murals for the world-famous Four Seasons restaurant in New York City. What follows is an electrifying dissection of an angry, brilliant ...Thursday
- Rehearsal and performance dates TBD in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; NJ; PA
Casting "See Through My Lens," a play festival that consists of many monologues and one act plays. Concept: This play festival is about different issues that go on in life.Monday
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 17, 2015 at the Manhattan Repertory Theater and Shetler Studios; runs early March 2015 at the Manhattan Repertory Theater in NYC.
- Auditions: Dec 19 in New York, NY
Casting "I Am A River," the new play from Richard Thomas Henle, which tells the story of one summer in a "tough" neighborhood, and follows the lives of nine individuals through their issues that summer, then reunites them later at an event, where all their past comes back instantly. Company ...Sunday
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 7, 2015 in Williamstown, MA; performs Feb. 13 at Williams College, SUNY Albany, and the Berkshire Museum.
- Auditions: Jan 19 in Lenox, MA
Seeking Equity actors for possible replacements in the staged reading of "Emilie: La Marquise du Chatelet Defends Her Life Tonight," by Lauren Gunderson. All roles have been cast. Auditions are for possible replacements only.Dec 10
- Rehearsal begins Apr. 28, 2015; runs May 22-July 5, 2015 in Hartford, CT.
- Auditions: Jan 12, 13 in Hartford, CT
Casting "Good People" by David Lindsay-Abaire.Friday
- Runs Apr. 10, 11, 13 at Artists Repertory Theatre in Portland, OR.
- Auditions: Apr 10, 11, 13, in Portland, OR
Seeking actors to participate in Portland Area Theater Alliance's combined auditions.Friday
- School in session on a semester schedule (summers off) in Athens, GA.
- Auditions: Jan 25, 26, 27 in New York, NY
Seeking students interested in receiving an MFA in theatre and acting for The Department of Theatre & Film Studies at the University of Georgia in Athens, GA. The MFA Acting program is a three year, in-residence program offering training in acting, voice, and movement for stage and media, encompassing classical, ...Friday
- Rehearsals begin Mar. 10, 2015; runs Mar. 20-May 3 in Hartford, CT.
- Auditions: Jan 12, 13 in Hartford, CT
Casting "Playing the Assassin" by David Robson.Friday