Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Production runs October 16-November 1, in Pasadena, TX.
- Auditions: Aug 30 in Pasadena, TX
Casting for the production "Everything in the Garden." Project description: "Set in the 1960's, Richard and his wife, Jenny, are trying to follow the American dream... while the corruption of money, the rottenness of a bigoted suburbia, and conformity to a hypocritical show of respectability are all that count."12 hours ago
- Production runs October 30-November 8, in Arlington, TX.
- Auditions: Sep 21 in Arlington, TX
Casting for the production "The Outsiders." Project description: "This powerful coming of age story follows two rival groups, the Greasers and the Socs, who are divided by their socioeconomic status."20 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin in Sept. in Riverside, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 17 in Riverside, CA
Casting "Arcadia," the play by Tom Stoppard. Executive director states: "Tom Stoppard is considered by many to be the greatest playwright of his generation, with 'Arcadia' being his greatest masterpiece." Synopsis: Scenes from the past and present play themselves out in the same room of an English estate. Although separated ...22 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin July 30 in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Reprobate Minds," a play based on the story of the prodigal son. Synopsis: "Reprobate Minds" is about a new college graduate born and raised in Mississippi. Anxious to have his own identity, he moves to Las Vegas. What he finds is more than he bargained for.23 hours ago
- Rehearses Sept. 18-Oct. 30 (Mon., Wed., and Fri. eves); tech rehearsals Nov. 2-4; runs Nov. 5-9 (four evenings and one matinee) in NYC.
- Auditions: Aug 24, 25 in New York, NY
Casting "Tartuffe," a funny, flirtatious, and very French version of Moliere's beloved comedy of manners, staged in the style of classic french burlesque with a bilingual script. Concept: In a subversion of the classical text, the world of the play will be populated by women who are aware, at all ...yesterday
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 11; runs Sept. 11-20 at Cardinal Stage Company in Bloomington, IN.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting the role of Slim in "Of Mice and Men" due to an actor emergency. While Slim is a non-Equity role, Cardinal Stage Company is an SPT 8 theater, hiring both Equity and non-Equity actors.yesterday
- Rehearsals begin on or about Apr. 4, 2016; runs Apr. 28-May 15 in Philadelphia, PA.
- Auditions: Aug 17 in Philadelphia, PA
Casting Michael John LaChuisa's "See What I Wanna See."yesterday
- Rehearses Sept. 1-18, five days a week, 7-10 p.m.; Performance Dates: Sept. 19 & 21 at 8 p.m. and Sept. 20 at 3 p.m. at Treehouse Theatre, NYC.
- Auditions: Aug 9 in New York, NY
Casting "MilkMilkLemonade," a play. Synopsis: Emory is an effeminate boy age 11 who lives on a farm with his chain smoking Nanna and his only friend, a depressed chicken about to be processed. Nanna wishes Emory would get his head out of the clouds, stop choreographing ribbon stick dance numbers, ...yesterday
- Rehearsals begin October 2015 (mostly evenings & weekends); runs Nov. 12-22 (Thurs.-Sun.) in New York.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting Shakespeare's "Othello."yesterday
- We rehearse and perform in Pasadena, CA. Our season previews in October 2015 and ends in May 2016.
- Seeking submissions from: Pasadena, CA; Los Angeles, CA
Casting Parson's Nose Theater's 60th season, to include 60-90 minute adaptations of comedies by Shakespeare, Moliere, Shaw, and Boucicault. Company states: "We have a fabulous core company but interested in meeting trained actors of all of ages, colors, shapes and sizes who are adept at the classics, at comedy, and ...yesterday