Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearsals begin mid-February (Tues. & Thurs. eves.); performs first three weekends in May 2015 (Sat. at 7 p.m., Sun. at 2 p.m.) at the Center Stage Performing Arts, 7200 W. Camino Real, #330, Boca Raton, FL.
- Auditions: Jan 21 in Boca Raton, FL
Casting "Spring Awakening: The Musical." Synopsis: It’s Germany, 1891. The beautiful young Wendla explores her body and asks her mother where babies come from. Elsewhere, the brilliant and fearless young Melchior defends his buddy Moritz--a boy so traumatized by puberty he can’t concentrate on anything. One afternoon in the woods, ...yesterday
- Rehearses Jan. 3-10, 2015 at General Assembly on Broadway and 21st St. in NYC; run dates are TBD in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Dissrupt 2015," a 100% parody tech conference bringing together keynote speakers, panel discussions, Q&A sessions and special musical performances, all for the cause of satirizing Silicon Valley today.yesterday
- Rehearses in January in NYC; tech rehearsal Feb. 5; performs Feb. 5, 6, & 8 at the Robert Moss Theater at 440 Studios, 440 Lafayette St, NYC.
- Auditions: Dec 23 in New York, NY
Casting "Shamus," a new murder mystery play set in England in the past, an homage to noirish productions with a humorous element.yesterday
- First rehearsal Feb. 23; opens Mar. 28; closes Apr. 18, 2015 in NYC.
- Auditions: Jan 26, 31 in New York, NY
Casting Equity actors in "All Gone West," a play taking place in the 1950s.yesterday
- Rehearses Feb. 23-Mar. 28 in NYC; load-in is March 23; show runs Mar. 28-Apr. 18 (16 performances) at 64 E. 4th St.; load-out and contract ends Apr. 19, 2015.
- Seeking submissions from: Brooklyn, NY
Seeking an Equity Stage Manager for "All Gone West," a six actor play with a four-piece jazz band.yesterday
- Rehearses Jan. 12-Mar. 5, 2015 (based on actor availability) in South Orange and Maplewood, NJ, a short walk from the NJ Transit train stations.
- Auditions: Jan 5, 7 in South Orange, NJ
Casting "Almost, Maine," a non-union, non-paying production. Seeking all actors, male and female, mid-20s to early 40s. Synopsis: Welcome to Almost, Maine, a town that’s so far north, it’s almost not in the United States—it’s almost in Canada. And it almost doesn’t exist, because its residents never got around to ...Thursday