Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearsals begin Mar. 29 (minimal weekend and weekday eves.); opens Apr. 24 at the Corner Office NYC Theater in midtown Manhattan, NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting adult actors and actresses for the AlphaNYC Theater Company's off-off Broadway production of "Elvis People," a play written by Doug Grissom. Synopsis: No performer before or since has had the impact of Elvis Presley, from the first groundbreaking appearance on "The Ed Sullivan Show" to Las Vegas to Graceland; ...Mar 13
- Rehearsals begin Apr. 27 (five weeks, 100 hrs.); runs May 29-June 21 (12 performances on Fri. & Sat. eves. and Sun. matinees) in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Hollywood, CA
Casting "The Unexpected Man," a play. Synopsis: A woman happens to sit across from one of her favorite authors on a train journey from Paris to Frankfurt. Initially through inner monologues, they each describe their unique philosophies and imaginations, while she ponders the conflict of producing his book from her ...Mar 12
- Rehearsals begin May 5; runs May 29-June 21 in Atlanta, GA.
- Auditions: Apr 1 in Atlanta, GA
Casting "Knuffle Bunny."Mar 12
- Rehearses Apr. 29-May 8; staged readings held May 7-8 in NYC.
- Auditions: Apr 1 in New York, NY
Casting "In Transit," an a cappella musical. The entire musical is a cappella.Mar 12
- Season rehearses and performs in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Mar 30, 31, Apr 2 in Chicago, IL and Mar 30, 31, Apr 2 in Chicago, IL and Mar 30, 31, Apr 2 in Chicago, IL
Casting the Steppenwolf Theatre's 2015-16 season. Season includes: "East of Eden" (Frank Galati, adaptation; Terry Kinney, dir. Runs Sept. 17-Nov. 15); "Domesticated" (Bruce Norris, writer-dir. Runs Dec. 3, 2015-Feb. 7, 2016); "The Flick" (Annie Baker, writer. Dexter Bullard, dir.); "Mary Page Marlowe" (Tracy Letts, writer. Runs Mar. 31-May 29, 2016); ...Mar 12
- Rehearsals begin Apr. 9; runs May 13-16, 9 p.m. at the Manhattan Repertory Theater in Times Square, NYC.
- Auditions: Apr 3 in New York, NY
Casting "Full Circle," which tells the story of 8 friends and their final summer together after graduating high school. The story picks up 10 years later at their reunion as they come back together for one night to re-embrace feelings; things never said or done are all learned in that ...Mar 12
- Rehearses April & May (Fri., 6-9 p.m.), and June (Tues., 6-9 p.m.; Fri. & Sat., 6-10 p.m.); the show performs in July in Washington, D.C. as part of the Capital Fringe Festival. Performance dates and venue will be assigned Apr. 10.
- Seeking submissions from: Herndon, VA
Casting "Breaking Character," a dramatic comedy play about 15 teenage stereotypes that accidentally become self aware. They then have to tackle changing from one dimensional characters into real people, all while dealing with the usual teenage problems like friends, grades, parents, and destroying a corrupt school system. I mean, who ...Mar 11