Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearses for three weeks prior to the show (Weeks 1 & 2: Tues.-Fri. 10 a.m.-1:30 p.m.; Week 3 (Tech week): Mon.-Fri. 10 a.m.-1:30 p.m.) and performs in Northbrook, IL.
- Auditions: Jul 13 in Northbrook, IL
Seeking three Equity actors for the Northbrook Theatre's 2015-2016 season. Season includes "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day" (Runs Saturdays Oct. 10-31 and Nov. 7-21 at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.) and "Junie B. Jones, The Musical" (Saturdays Jan. 23, 30 and Feb. 6-27 at 10 ...1 hours ago
- Rehearses late September -October in NYC; runs the first three weeks of November at IATI Theatre, NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; Queens, NY; Brooklyn, NY; Bronx, NY
Casting "The Dishonorable Discharge of Private Pitts," a world premiere play loosely based on actual events, focusing on a young Texas girl's unorthodox journey from "miracle child" to aimless rebel, into the throes of the Iraq War and beyond.2 hours ago
- Rehearses Aug. 1-12 (daytimes with some early evenings); runs Aug. 14-30 at FringeNYC.
- Seeking submissions from: Brooklyn, NY
Casting "Fuente Ovejuna," a play based upon an actual historical incident that took place in the village of Fuenteovejuna in Castile in 1476. The Commander mistreated the villagers, who banded together and killed him. When a magistrate sent by King Ferdinand II of Aragon arrived at the village to investigate, ...3 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin on or about Feb. 8, 2016; previews begin Mar. 23, 2016; opens Apr. 17, 2016 in NYC.
- Auditions: Jul 17, 22, 28 in New York, NY
Casting "Tuck Everlasting," a musical coming to Broadway.6 hours ago
- Runs in summer in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking new members for an advanced, "emotionally-centered" improvisational theater practice and performance group. Director states: "This is not improv comedy (writing on your feet), but rather improvisational theater (acting without a script). Selected participants will work alongside peers with the best rotating coaches/directors NYC has to offer. Regular performances are ...17 hours ago
- Training and performances are ongoing beginning winter 2015 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking new members for an improvisational and sketch comedy theater (think "Saturday Night Live" or "In Living Color"). Producer states: "We provide customized instruction and industry exposure; preparation; opportunity; and support. Successful applicants join the company's prestigious IN Studios Conservatory, where they will receive six months of improvisation classes at ...18 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin July 19; runs Sept. 4-Oct. 11 at the Pierson Playhouse in Pacific Palisades, CA.
- Auditions: Jul 11, 13 in Pacific Palisades, CA
Casting Neil Simon's autobiographical play "Broadway Bound."19 hours ago
- Rehearsal and performance dates TBD in L.A.
- Auditions: Jul 9 in North Hollywood, CA
Seeking dues-paying members and non-paying PAs for The Group Rep at The Lonny Chapman Theatre. Company states: "We are a dues paying company that still operates under the now-defunct Equity 99-Seat plan and are seeking union & nonunion, energetic and open-hearted individuals to join an award-winning, dues-paying company of actors, ...20 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin July 20; performs week of Aug. 10 (five performances) at the American Theatre of Actors, 314 W. 54th St., NYC.
- Auditions: Jul 16 in New York, NY
Casting two one-act plays by Alexander Pushkin that deal with Mozart. "Mozart and Salieri" examines the events leading up to Mozart's death. "The Stone Guest" is Pushkin's retelling of the opera "Don Giovanni."21 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin March 7, 2016; runs April 6-May 1, 2016 in Salt Lake City, UT.
- Auditions: Jul 15 in Salt Lake City, UT
Casting "Stupid F****** Bird," a play.21 hours ago