Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Training and performances are ongoing beginning Winter 2015 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking new members for an improvisational and sketch comedy theater (think "Saturday Night Live" or "In Living Color"). Producer states: "We provide customized instruction and industry exposure. Preparation. Opportunity. Support. Successful applicants join the company's prestigious IN Studios Conservatory, where they will receive six months of improvisation classes at a ...4 hours ago
- Runs in winter in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking new members for an advanced, "emotionally-centered" improvisational theater practice and performance group. Director states: "This is not improv comedy (writing on your feet), but rather improvisational theater (acting without a script). Selected participants will work alongside peers with the best rotating coaches/directors NYC has to offer. Regular performances are ...4 hours ago
- Auditions will be held at the Kraine Theater on December 12th 2015 from 11am-5pm; by appointment only. Rehearsals will begin December 16th 2015 with a phone run through of the play and December 19th will be the first in person rehearsal with the full cast. Opening night will be 2/5/16 from 3pm-7pm.
- Auditions: Dec 12 in New York City, NY
Casting "Know Thy Law the Play part 2: Family Ties", The second edition of this four part saga of plays. In this edition, Andy Jenkins is officially out of the Kushite Kings gang and living the life of a successful lawyer. He is surprised when some of his spiritual friends ...16 hours ago
- Program runs June 16-July 15, 2016 in Tanzania; festival performances run July 16-24 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting "ACTion: Tanzania," a month-long journey across Tanzania culminating in a performance series in NYC. Artistic director states: "This is an opportunity to explore cultures, serve communities, teach theater, workshop with master artists, learn from guest lecturers, create innovative theater, and perform original pieces in NYC."19 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin March 1; Performances April 15-May 1, in Danville, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 13, 14 in Danville, CA
Casting "The Great Gatsby," a Simon Levy play based on the classic novel by F. Scott Fitzgerald.22 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Dec. 7, in Danville, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Danville, CA
Casting "Good People," a play by David Lindsay-Abaire.22 hours ago
- Performances to be held in Santa Rosa, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 13 in Santa Rosa, CA
Casting "The Hallelujah Girls," a play directed by Miriam Ani. Project description: "Hilarity abounds when the feisty females of Eden Falls, Georgia, decide to shake up their lives. After the loss of a dear friend, the women realize time is precious, and if they're going to change their lives and ...22 hours ago
- Rehearsals to begin in January 2016, in Berkeley, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 6, 12 in Berkeley, CA
Casting "Brooklyn Boy," a play by Donald Margulies. Project description: "This play by the Pulitzer Prize-winning author of Dinner with Friends follows the career of Eric Weiss, a writer whose novel hits the bestseller list the same time his life begins to unravel. His wife is out the door, his ...23 hours ago
- The show goes up week of Feb. 22nd for a four week run, four performances a week, Thurs, Fri, Sat nights, and Sunday matinees, at the Berger Park Coach House Theatre in Chicago, and starts rehearsal in early January on weeknight evenings and weekend days. Rehearsals will be in Chicago.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
On the Spot Theatre Company is currently auditioning actors for their late winter show, a world premiere of the new full length dramatic comedy, Sex Lives of the Zebra Finch, a contemporary play set in Chicago. We are seeking one male actor to play a character in his early twenties, ...Thursday
- Auditions are done at the theatre, December 3rd, 4th and 5th. Rehearsals will be conducted in Pacific Palisades. Show is on Saturday December 20th.
- Seeking submissions from: Santa Monica, CA; Los Angeles, CA
A one hour faith based musical at the Edgemar Theatre in Santa Monica. Main Street real estate shops & stores is facing losing ownership to a developer "Ronald Thump" over the holidays. An unlikely hero surfaces.Thursday
- Rehearsals begin in early Dec.; runs Feb. 8-21 at The American Theatre of Actors (ATA), NYC.
- Auditions: Dec 3 in New York, NY
Casting two leading actors for an Off-Broadway production "Defendant Maurice Chevalier," a period drama based on the true story of the famous French actor, singer, and entertainer Maurice Chevalier. Written by Alexis Chevalier. Synopsis: France, 1945. Condemned to death for collaboration with the Nazis, popular French singer and entertainer Maurice ...Wednesday
- Contract runs May 9, 2016-Oct. 29, 2016 in Cedar City, UT.
- Auditions: Dec 10 in N. Hollywood, CA
Casting the Utah Shakespeare Festivals' 2016 season. Utah Shakespeare Festival operates in a rotating repertory schedule across three venues. All actors cast in a minimum of two productions. Season includes: "Much Ado About Nothing" (David Ivers, dir.); "Henry V" (Brian Vaughn, dir.); "The Three Musketeers" (BJ Jones, dir.); "The Cocoanuts" ...Wednesday
- Dates vary based on the production in Los Angeles, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 7 in Los Angeles, CA
Seeking Equity actors for Center Theatre Group's monthly auditions. EMC members may also attend.Wednesday
- Currently running on Broadway.
- Auditions: Dec 15 in New York, NY
Casting "Chicago," which is seeking Equity actor/singer/dancers as possible future principal replacements in currently-running production.Wednesday