Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearsals begin late Sept./early Oct. (Wed. at 7:45 p.m., Fri. at 7 p.m., Sat. at 1:30 p.m.) at Anaheim Ballet Studios; performs Dec. 4-7 (dress rehearsal, plus five shows) in Laughlin, NV and Dec. 20 in Anaheim, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 6, in Anaheim, CA
Casting dancers and character actors for "The Nutcracker" full-length ballet for the 28th season of the Anaheim Ballet.7 hours ago
- Rehearses Aug. 25 & 26 (exact times TBD based on actor availability); performs Aug. 27 in VA.
- Auditions: Aug 22 in New York, NY
Casting a mini-production of "Grease" for an upscale private VIP event.12 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 9; runs Oct. 4-Nov. 2 in San Diego, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: New York City, NY
Casting "The Royale." Synopsis: "The Royale" concerns Jay “The Sport” Jackson and his dreams of being the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world. But it’s 1905, and in the segregated world of boxing, his chances are as good as knocked out. When a crooked boxing promoter hatches a plan for ...13 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin mid-September; performances begin late September at schools throughout the L.A. area (usually during school and after school hours several times a month).
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Relatively Speaking: A Visit with Albert Einstein," a one-person, 45-minute autobiographical piece about the life of Albert Einstein with some simple science demonstrations.13 hours ago
- Rehearsals will begin after Labor Day and will take place in NYC and Rahway, NJ; tech rehearsal Oct. 11 (10 a.m.-3 p.m.) in NYC; runs Oct. 23, 24, & 25 (9 p.m. all days) in NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 2 in Rahway, NJ
Casting "Sex, Relationships and Sometimes Love," with a twist. This production will "gender bend" all the monologues: men will perfrom the women's pieces and vice versa. Some actors may be asked to perform in drag, both queens and kings. Producer states: "First produced at Show World in Times Square in ...13 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 14; runs Oct. 29-Nov. 16 in White River Junction, VT.
- Auditions: Sep 5 in New York City, NY
Casting "Clybourne Park."yesterday
- Rehearsals begin Dec. 1, 2014; previews begin Jan. 9; closes Feb. 22, 2015 in NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 17 in New York, NY
Casting "A Month in the Country."15 hours ago
- Season runs September 2014-June 2015. Rehearsals are held Mon. eves. (6-9 p.m.) on the Lower East Side of Manhattan; performances are scheduled throughout the year in the NYC metro area.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Village Playback Theatre, a New York-based applied theater company, is holding auditions for its 2014-2015 season. For twelve years, VPT has combined improv, music, and storytelling to transform audience members’ personal stories into powerful theater experiences. The company performs for underserved communities in venues such as psychiatric facilities, recovery centers, ...17 hours ago
- Rehearsals in September and October in NYC and possibly also Teaneck, NJ; production scheduled for mid-October 2014 (tentative) at the Emerging Artists Theatre in NYC. Limited rehearsals and one performance.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; NJ
Casting "Final Day," a dramatic musical. Synopsis: "Final Day" is a historical fiction that combines a love story between a German prison guard and a Jewish girl prisoner with the dramatic intrigue occurring inside a WWII concentration camp. Even though a ceasefire has been declared, a Nazi Commandant initiates the ...yesterday
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 6; runs Nov. 6-Dec. 7 in L.A.
- Auditions: Sep 15 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Takarazuka!!" by Susan Stanton. Company states: "East West Players, the longest running theater of color in the U.S. is seeking performers to play Japanese and mixed-racial Japanese characters."yesterday
- Rehearsal begins Oct. 6; runs Oct. 28-Nov. 9 in San Diego, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 4 in San Diego, CA
Casting "All's Well That Ends Well," a play.yesterday