Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearsals are to commence within the next week for a four-day competition (six days if the play is selected to enter the finals) in late June in NYC. Actors must commit to all rehearsals and performances, including dress rehearsal prior to the competition.
- Seeking submissions from: New York City, NY
Casting "Commuters" -- a one-act play to be featured in an upcoming off-Broadway short play competition. LOGLINE: A grim look at the distance people place between themselves in today’s technologically-obsessed culture of “more is more” and “now isn’t soon enough.”1 hours ago
- Rehearsals throughout August (possibly beginning at the very end of July, availability permitting) in a rehearsal space in Brooklyn. Performances will be held on August 24th, 26th, and 29th in competition in the Thespis Festival at the Hudson Guild Theater.
- Auditions: May 30, in Brooklyn, NY
This premiere of a new take on the world of Pooh is a deliciously-black comedy about a college-age Christopher Robin who discovers that the home you come back to won't always be the home you remember. Or the home you want. Or the home you want to remember… Auditions will ...4 hours ago
- The NYC International Fringe Festival runs August 14th - 30th, with 5 - 6 performances as yet to be scheduled. General auditions are June 6th, and call backs are June 13th.
- Auditions: Jun 6 in Long Island City, NY
One male and one female actor needed for a play to be staged at the 2015 NYC International Fringe Festival. Both actors should be in their thirties.4 hours ago
- Performs June 30 (7:30-9 p.m.) at the Horton Grand Theater in downtown San Diego.
- Auditions: May 31 in San Diego, CA
Seeking actors to bring to life the 10 winning works from 2015 Memoir Writers Competition at The 2015 San Diego Memoir Writer's Showcase. Readings will be 5-7 minutes long, primarily monologues.5 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Dec. 28, 2015; runs Jan. 22-Feb. 14, 2016 in Philadelphia, PA.
- Auditions: Jun 8 in Philadelphia, PA
Casting "#TheRevolution" by Kristoffer Diaz.5 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 13; previews begin Nov. 10 in Sarasota, FL.
- Auditions: Jun 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 in New York City, NY
Casting "West Side Story" with music by Leonard Bernstein, lyrics by Stephen Sondheim, and book by Arthur Laurents.6 hours ago
- Rehearses June-August; tech begins Aug. 4; runs Aug. 9-23 in Brooklyn.
- Seeking submissions from: Brooklyn, NY
Seeking an assistant director for "Change of Heart" a one act play.9 hours ago
- Season rehearses and runs in Wilmington, DE.
- Auditions: Jun 8 in Wilmington, DE
Seeking Equity actors and actor/singers for various roles in Delaware Theatre Company's upcoming 2015-16 season. Season includes: "Playing the Assassin" (David Robson, writer; Joe Brancato, dir. Rehearsals begin Oct. 6; runs Oct. 21-Nov. 8); "Diner" (Barry Levinson, book; Sheryl Crow, music; Kathleen Marshall, dir.-choreo. Rehearsals begin Nov. 3; runs Dec. ...9 hours ago
- Weekly show location (usually Saturdays) is at the Phoenix Marriott Mesa. Time commitment for regular shows is four to six hours including a pre-show rehearsal. There are no weekly rehearsals required, you rehearse only when you are scheduled to work. Roles rotate depending on actor availability collected & are scheduled on a monthly basis; only nine company members are needed for one show.
- Auditions: May 30 in Mesa, AZ
Casting an interactive improv murder mystery show, "The Dinner Detective," written by Scott O’Brien, former staff writer for David E. Kelley on "Boston Legal." The show is set in modern day with no costumes and no serving required.10 hours ago
- "I Survived the Room" runs four-five shows/day, Wed.-Sun., with an open-ended run in NYC. "Zombie Experience" runs every Friday (8-11 p.m., sometimes longer depending on ticket sales and number of groups) in NYC.
- Auditions: Jun 1, 2, in Queens, NY
Seeking engaging and spooky performers for a variety of roles for three immersive productions: "I Survived the Room: Sanatorium," "I Survived the Room: Club Escape," and "Zombie Experience." "I Survived the Room: Sanatorium" and "I Survived the Room: Club Escape" are escape-style attractions, where the audience is shackled and locked ...10 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 25, 2016; previews begin Feb. 18; runs Feb. 25-Mar. 13 in Norristown, PA.
- Auditions: Jun 10 in Norristown, PA
Seeking Equity actors for four available roles (three men, one woman) in "Lobby Hero."10 hours ago
- All auditions and rehearsals will take place at the WBTT Theatre located at 1646 10th Way, Sarasota, FL.
- Auditions: Jun 14, 15 in Sarasota, FL
Casting the 2015-16 Season for the Westcoast Black Theatre. Season includes: "The Color Purple" (Marsha Norman, book; Brenda Russell, Allee Willis, & Stephen Bray, music & lyrics. Rehearsals begin Sept. 15; runs Oct. 17-Nov. 21); "A Motown Christmas" (Nate Jacobs, playwright-dir. Rehearsals begin Oct. 27; runs Dec. 5-31); "Ma Rainey’s ...10 hours ago
- Rehearses two to three times TBD; tech June 13 at 10 a.m.; dress June 22 from 6-8:30 p.m.; performs June 23-26 at 6:30 p.m. at the Manhattan Repertory Theatre in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Men's Room," a play about a transvestite and a young boy who have a chance encounter in a public mens room.11 hours ago
- Performances will be Aug 7, 8, 14 and 15 during the day at Adventure Valley Utah in Lehi, UT.
- Seeking submissions from: Lehi, UT
Casting "Hero Quest," an interactive family adventure.11 hours ago
- National touring production already in progress. Casting on-going for replacement contracts.
- Auditions: Jun 12, in Sommerville, MA
Feld Entertainment is seeking male and female stunt/action performers, martial artists, gymnasts, and acrobats, who are 5’6” and taller, for the touring arena stunt spectacular Marvel Universe Live!, featuring dozens of the famed Marvel superheroes and villains.12 hours ago
- Rehearses in Aug.; runs Aug. 30-Sept. 6 in NYC.
- Auditions: Jun 11 in New York, NY
Casting "Ennui," a brand-new, full-length comedy for Theater for the New City's Dream Up Festival. Seeking actors with great comedic timing.12 hours ago
- Flexible rehearsals begin June 29; emphasis on eve. rehearsals the wk. of July 20; runs July 24-26 in Warwick, Orange County, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: Warwick, NY
Casting an untitled original play. Synopsis: This play is a drama based on 1950s actor George Reeves.13 hours ago
- Rehearsals TBD based on actors' availability; performances TBD in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Hollywood, CA
Casting "Dancing on the Dark Side," a play about a band of young survivors who must make a decision on which path to follow when tempted by the darker side of life.16 hours ago