Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearsals begin Saturday September 12th with Mon - Thurs evening rehearsals and one weekend day rehearsals until tech begins on Friday October 30th. Preview performances take place November 6 - 8th and the show opens Friday November 13th and runs through Sunday December 20th at the Bootleg Theater.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Rogue Artists Ensemble's Wood Boy Dog Fish is a world-premiere Hyper-theatrical performance event written by award winning playwright Chelsea Sutton with Rogue Artists Ensemble, based on the original PINOCCHIO text by Italian writer Carlo Collodi. The Rogues’ Wood Boy Dog Fish project is inspired by the original story, creating an ...4 minutes ago
- Performances Thursday, Friday, Saturday from October 8–31, in San Francisco, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 8, 9 in San Francisco, CA
Casting "Screaming Queens!", a historical play. Project description: "The story of transgender women and drag queens who fought police harassment at Compton's Cafeteria in San Francisco's Tenderloin in 1966, three years before the famous riot at Stonewall Inn bar in NYC."3 hours ago
- Rehearses September 2015; runs October 2015 in Santa Monica, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Pressure Cooker," a play reading of a two-character full-length play about domestic violence.6 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 15; runs Sept. 30, 2015-May 22, 2016 in Warwick, RI.
- Auditions: Aug 10, 11, 12, in Warwick, RI
Casting Equity actors, singers & dancers for roles & chorus parts in Ocean State Theatre's 2015-16 season.7 hours ago
- Performances Nov. 7–Dec. 13 (excluding Thanksgiving weekend), in Fremont, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 29 in Fremont, CA
Casting "Greetings!" a holiday play by Tom Dudzick. Project description: "A miraculous comedy that has become a welcome alternative to “A Christmas Carol” in theaters all across the country."7 hours ago
- Runs in Oakland, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 1 in Oakland, CA
Casting "God's Gotta Word for You," a gospel national tour and stage play.7 hours ago
- Rehearses August and three-four times a week in September; runs Oct. 8-18 at the Sonorous Road Black Box Theatre in Raleigh, NC.
- Auditions: Aug 5 in Raleigh, NC and Aug 12 in Raleigh, NC
Casting "Belleville," a play. Synopsis: "Young Americans Zack and Abby have the perfect ex-pat life in Paris: a funky bohemian apartment in up-and-coming Belleville, a stable marriage, and Zack’s noble mission to fight pediatric AIDS. But when Abby finds Zack at home one afternoon when he’s supposed to be at ...11 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 16 (weekday eves. & weekends); runs Sept. 26-Oct. 18 (Fri. & Sat. at 8 p.m.; Sun. matinees at 2 p.m.) at Santa Monica's Morgan-Wixson Theatre, 2627 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90405.
- Auditions: Aug 8, 9 in Santa Monica, CA
Casting "Cinderella Waltz," the play by Don Nigro. Synopsis: Rosey Snow is trapped in a fairy-tale world that is, by turns, funny and a little frightening, with her stepsisters Goneril and Reagan, her demented stepmother, her lecherous father, a bewildered prince, a fairy godmother who sings salty old sailor songs, ...11 hours ago
- Rehearses two to three times/wk; performs Aug. 19 & 20 at the Manhattan Repertory Theater in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "The Way Things Are Now," a play in one act about two estranged brothers reunited following the death of their father. The 20-minute discussion in Jack’s kitchen explores the brothers’ different and often contradictory experiences as members of the new and more complicated American middle class.11 hours ago
- Performances are held year-round in the New York area.
- Auditions: Aug 31 in New York, NY
Seeking local theatrical/improv actors for The Murder Mystery Company. Casting director states: "The Murder Mystery Company has been active in the national theater community for over ten years and is third in record ticket sales in the U.S. Our shows run year-round, with a multitude of fun themes changing periodically ...12 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin late August; runs early to mid-October in NYC.
- Auditions: Aug 4 in New York, NY
Casting an immersive experience, "Witness the Beginning," which examines humanity in its purest form. Our production viscerally surrounds the spectator with the breath of a world at the dawn of human civilization. The audience is immersed in the culture and customs of a reimagined human tribe that inhabits and ultimately ...13 hours ago
- Season rehearses and runs in New Brunswick, NJ.
- Auditions: Aug 19 in New York, NY
Seeking men and women Equity actors for George Street Playhouse's 2015-16 season. Season includes: one title TBA (rehearsals begin Oct. 20; previews begin Nov. 10; closes Nov. 29, 2015); "Nureyev's Eyes" (David Rush, writer; Michael Mastro, dir. Rehearsals begin Jan. 12, 2016; previews begin Feb. 2; closes Feb. 21; transfers ...13 hours ago
- Performances are held year-round in the L.A. area.
- Auditions: Aug 31 in North Hollywood, CA
Seeking local theatrical/improv actors for The Murder Mystery Company. Casting director states: "The Murder Mystery Company has been active in the national theater community for over ten years and is third in record ticket sales in the US. Our shows run year-round, with a multitude of fun themes changing periodically ...15 hours ago