Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearsals for Witness the Beginning will begin in late August. Performances will take place on the second or third weekend of October.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Witness the Beginning is an immersive experience that examines humanity in its purest form. Our production viscerally surrounds the spectator with the breath of a world at the dawn of human civilization. The audience is immersed in the culture and customs of a reimagined human tribe that inhabits and ultimately ...58 minutes ago
- Season rehearses and runs in New Brunswick, NJ.
- Auditions: Aug 19 in New York, NY
Seeking men and women Equity actors for George Street Playhouse's 2015-16 season. Season includes: one title TBA (rehearsals begin Oct. 20; previews begin Nov. 10; closes Nov. 29, 2015); "Nureyev's Eyes" (David Rush, writer; Michael Mastro, dir. Rehearsals begin Jan. 12, 2016; previews begin Feb. 2; closes Feb. 21; transfers ...1 hours ago
- Performances are held year-round in the L.A. area.
- Auditions: Aug 31 in North Hollywood, CA
Seeking local theatrical/improv actors for The Murder Mystery Company. Casting director states: "The Murder Mystery Company has been active in the national theater community for over ten years and is third in record ticket sales in the US. Our shows run year-round, with a multitude of fun themes changing periodically ...3 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin September 7. Production runs October 16-November 1, in Weatherford, TX.
- Auditions: Aug 17, 18, 19 in Weatherford, TX
Casting for the production "Scandal Point." Project description: "A paroled convict returns home to his unfaithful wife who has plotted his death with her lover, so they can continue their tryst without him but with his fortune. The plan, however, goes awry."10 hours ago
- Production runs October 4-20, in Friendswood, TX.
- Auditions: Aug 4 in Friendswood, TX
Casting for the production "Something to Hide." Project description: "A murder mystery drama about a husband and wife dealing with the ramifications of a cover up."12 hours ago
- Production runs September 24-27 and October 1-4, 10-11, in Navasota, TX.
- Auditions: Aug 17, 18 in Navasota, TX
Casting for the production "Father of the Bride."13 hours ago
- Rehearsals start July 30 in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Reprobate Minds," a play based on the story of the prodigal son. Synopsis: "Reprobate Minds" is about a new college graduate born and raised in Mississippi. Anxious to have his own identity, he moves to Las Vegas. What he finds is more than he bargained for.13 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin August 22. Performances run August 30, in Lafayette, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 31 in Lafayette, CA
Casting "Latent Image," a play by David Wilcox.17 hours ago
- Performances run January 29–February 21, 2016, in Novato, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 6, 22 in Novato, CA
Casting "A Cajun Midsummer Night's Dream," a Shakespeare adaptation by Clay David. Project description: "Marrying 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' with the Cajun-Creole Bayou is a wonderful opportunity to explore afresh the richness of both the true Cajun culture and Shakespeare’s delightful, disruptive overturning of the everyday world."17 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 7; runs Oct. 1-Nov. 1 in Fort Worth, TX.
- Auditions: Aug 9, 10 in Fort Worth, TX
Casting "Bad Jews," a play that asks questions about what you choose to believe, when you’re chosen. "Bad Jews" tells the story of Daphna Feygenbaum, a “Real Jew” with an Israeli boyfriend. When Daphne’s cousin Liam brings home his shiksa girlfriend Melody and declares ownership of their grandfather’s Chai necklace, ...17 hours ago
- Rehearses Oct. 26-Dec. 2; runs Dec. 3-20 in New Orleans, LA.
- Auditions: Aug 17, 18 in New Orleans, LA
Casting "The Bluest Eye."18 hours ago