Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Opportunities are ongoing. Must be available to rehearse immediately and perform Sept 13t with several other dates available in Miami area.
- Seeking submissions from: Miami, FL
Seeking funny actresses to perform solo and two-person shows at schools and special events.1 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 3 (Mon. & Fri. evenings); runs Dec. 4-6, 11-13, & 18-20 in NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 13 in New York City, NY
Casting "Romeo and Juliet."1 hours ago
- Show location is at The Rock Sports Complex in Franklin, WI. Actors must be available Thursday-Saturday October 2 - November 1. Some Sundays included.
- Auditions: Sep 8 in Franklin, WI
Casting for The Hill Has Eyes, voted Milwaukee's #1 Haunted Attraction. Milwaukee Haunted House Experience: A Horror Extravaganza Take a Ride on the Scare Lift and Dare to Escape Wisconsin’s Haunted Trails The drivers didn’t know they were hauling truckloads of chemical waste to the old abandoned quarry outside Milwaukee, ...3 hours ago
- Rehearses in October; opens Oct. 31 at the Huron Club at the Soho Playhouse (12 performances over four weekends).
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Escape from Circle 8," a new environmental play with new music set in a bar and environs in Tijuana, Mexico.4 hours ago
- Auditions: Sunday September 14th - Thursday September 18th Schedule: The ensemble meets every Tuesday evening, September 30 - December 9th, 7pm - 9:30pm. Rehearsal: Friday, December 12th, 5pm - 7pm Showcase Performance: Friday, December 12th, 8pm
- Auditions: Sep 14 in New York, NY
SEEKING: Males & Females, All Ethnicity, Ages 18+ Curious, friendly, and creative teaching artists who are interested in discovering a new artistic "home", in learning new physical skills, and taking the opportunity to practice the craft of creating movement-based theatre on a weekly basis. NOTE: Auditions are physically demanding. Artists ...6 hours ago
- Rehearses every Friday at 11 a.m. at 1057 Hempstead Turnpike, Franklin Square, NY. Gigs ongoing.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; Brooklyn, NY; Queens, NY; Long Island, NY
Seeking lead performer for live kids' entertainment shows. Casting Director states: "Are you ready for a great chance to expand your acting reach and make great money at the same time? We can guarantee that this gig will be like no other experience you have ever had. We have a ...7 hours ago
- Runs year-round in Boston, MA.
- Auditions: Sep 10 in Quincy, MA
Seeking professional entertainers, actors, and improvisers for immediate replacements for The Murder Mystery Company in Boston, MA. The company performs a multitude of murder-mystery themes ranging from 1920s Mobster shows to Masquerade Balls. Producer states: "TMMC has been active in the national theater community for over ten years and is ...20 hours ago
- Rehearses and performs selected/pre-scheduled weekdays at 10 a.m. Sept. 15-Nov. 21 at Pax Amicus Castle Theatre in Budd Lake, NJ.
- Auditions: Sep 10, 15, 17 in Budd Lake, NJ
Casting and seeking crew for "The Life, Loves and Tales of Terror of Edgar Allan Poe," an intricate tapestry of drama, comedy, music and terror revolving around Poe's life. Four actors all play Poe at different stages of his tragic life as well as his family, loves, editors and characters ...yesterday
- Rehearsals TBD. Performances November 15 – December 14, in Ross, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 7, 9 in San Rafael, CA
Casting the play "Jane Austen's Persuasion." Production description: "Amidst the hustle and bustle of Regency society, Anne Elliot must try to reconcile her feelings for Captain Wentworth, who does not appear to be interested in rekindling their romance."yesterday
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 22; runs Nov. 7-23 in San Francisco, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: San Francisco, CA
Casting Shakespeare's "Measure For Measure" a classic play dealing with issues of mercy, justice, and truth and their relationship to pride and humility.yesterday
- Rehearsals beginning October 1st. Performances November 15th - December 14th, in San Francisco, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 4 in San Francisco, CA
Casting the play "Shakespeare’s R&J." Production description: "Four adolescent school boys in a small classroom in a repressive developing nation in the Middle-East break the rules when they secretly reenact Romeo and Juliet; the timeless story of dangerous forbidden love."yesterday
- Runs Dec. 5-21, at the Raven Theater Windsor in Healdsburg, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 27, 28 in Windsor, CA
Casting "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever." Production description: "A simple church Christmas play goes wrong in this outrageous, family friendly comedy."yesterday
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 13; runs Nov. 29-Dec. 21 in Novato, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 17, 18 in Novato, CA
Casting "Inspecting Carol" a comedic play with a behind-the-scenes look at a struggling theatre's annual production of "A Christmas Carol."yesterday
- Rehearsals begin September 29. Production will run December 4-14, in Cottonwood Shores, TX.
- Auditions: Sep 22, 23 in Cottonwood Shores, TX
Casting for the production "A Christmas Carol." Project description: "Focusing on Dickens' powerful language, humor and warmth, this charming version of A Christmas Carol simply and directly tells the story of the redemption of a human soul."Aug 26
- Rehearsals beginning Dec. 15. Performances Feb. 6 – Mar. 1, in Novato, CA.
- Auditions: Oct 11, 12 in Novato, CA
Casting the play "The Bat." Production description: "A murder mystery thriller set in 1944; a master criminal has stolen over one million dollars and left at least six men dead; the police are helpless; and the only person who can stop him is an adventurous sixty year-old matron."yesterday
- Rehearses Sept.-Oct.; opens Oct. 28 at the Clarion Theatre in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York City, NY
Casting "Bliss" and "The Garden Party," two plays based on the short stories by Katherine Mansfield.yesterday