Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearses Dec. 13-14, Jan. 8-9, 11, & 15; tech rehearsal Jan. 17; dress rehearsals Jan. 18 & 20; previews Jan. 21 & 22; runs. Jan. 23-25, Jan. 30-Feb. 1, Feb. 6-8, & Feb. 13-15, 2015 at CASA 0101 Theater in Boyle Heights, 2102 E. First St., L.A.
- Auditions: Oct 29 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Clean Start," a play. Synopsis: When Beverly Hills socialite, Parker Reed, loses her fortune due to her husband's illegal dealings, no one will take her in except her loyal Latina maid named Rosario Rodriguez. Things get messy when Rosario’s superstitious mother and immature sister, who live with Rosario, want ...2 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 20, 2015; runs Feb. 27-Mar. 15 in Hartford, CT.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Reverberation." Casting personnel state: "'Reverberation' is a new, contemporary, three-character play (two men and one woman) set in New York. There are sexual situations, and nudity is required for all characters. It will not be exploitative in any way, but the play is a truthful and intimate look into ...3 hours ago
- Rehearsal begins Dec. 16; runs Jan. 16-Feb. 8, 2015 in Portland, OR.
- Auditions: Nov 10, 11 in New York, NY
Casting "Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike."yesterday
- Rehearsals begin Nov. 1; runs Dec. 7 at Academy Cathedral Church, 3141 W. Manchester Blvd., Inglewood, CA 90305.
- Seeking submissions from: Hawthorne, CA; Inglewood, CA; Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Open My Eyes Lord," a play. Synopsis: A young girl named Susan, born and raised in a Christian environment but never accepted Jesus as her Lord and Savior, desires to have a good time enjoying the pleasures of life while she is still young.19 hours ago
- Rehearses Nov. 6-8 at El Museo Cultural at the Santa Fe Rail Yard; runs Nov. 8 at El Museo Cultural in Santa Fe, NM.
- Seeking submissions from: Santa Fe, NM; Albuquerque, NM
Casting a staged reading of the upcoming New Mexico grassroots feature film, "Season of Starlings," which centers around actual local events & mythology, to be presented with blocking, sound effects, and minimal set pieces. Company states: "Actors will carry scripts 2-3 rehearsals at the space. This will be the second ...6 hours ago
- Rehearsals TBD; runs now through Dec. 28 (Fri. & Sat. at 8 p.m.; Sun. at 3 p.m.) at The Road Theater, 5108 Lankershim Blvd., North Hollywood, CA.
- Auditions: Oct 27, 29 in North Hollywood, CA
Casting "Smoke and Mirrors," a play in which a boy misdirects his grief from a tragedy through magic and eventually finds himself in the process.19 hours ago
- Rehearsals beginning January 26. Performances March 13 through April 12, in Ross, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Ross, CA
Casting the play "A Month In The Country." Production description: "A fresh adaptation of Ivan Turgenev’s classic with an Irish lilt. The restless Natalya Petrovna is trapped between a frustrating marriage and the affections of her closest friend; when she falls in love with her son’s young tutor, her 17-year ...22 hours ago
- "Twelfth Night" rehearsals begin May 19, 2015; runs June 21-July 26, 2015. "A Comedy of Errors" rehearsals begin July 14, 2015; runs Aug. 16-Sept. 22, 2015 in San Diego, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: San Diego, CA
Seeking local crew for "Twelfth Night" and "Comedy of Errors."yesterday
- Rehearsals beginning November. Performances December 15th - 16th, in San Francisco, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: San Francisco, CA
Casting the theatrical production "One Minute Play Festival." Production description: "A performance of 80 one minute plays written by 40 Bay Area playwrights, this locally sourced playwright-focused community event, promotes the spirit of radical inclusion by representing local playwrights of different age, gender, race, cultures, and points of career."23 hours ago
- Rehearsals beginning February 16th. Performances March 28th - April 26th, in San Francisco, CA.
- Auditions: Nov 1 in San Francisco, CA
Casting the play "Take." Production description: "When a young director receives international recognition from his film based on his experience of bullying in high school, he names the real life bully in his acceptance speech."23 hours ago
- Rehearsals will begin the week of April 13. The Show runs from Late-May through the beginning of July 2015 in Chicago, IL, and then will be remounted for a one-week run in Mid-August in Naperville, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "Tartuffe," a play. Project description: "Orgon is a man of property duped by the false piety of the penniless Tartuffe. Orgon takes him into his house, believing him a paragon of virtue. Orgon orders his daughter to reject her fiancé and marry Tartuffe. First Dorine, the family servant, tries ...yesterday
- One reading on a Monday night in November (either 10, 17 or 24) with one or two rehearsals, in Chicago, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "Play for Keeps," a play reading.yesterday
- Rehearsals December 27-January 10 in St. Charles, IL. Tech/Final Dress January 11, 13, 14. Previews January 15-23. Opens January 24. Closes March 8. Matinees: Thursday @ 2 PM: January 29, February 12, 19, March 5. Fridays & Saturdays @ 8pm, Sundays @ 2pm.
- Auditions: Oct 31 in St. Charles, IL
Casting "No Way to Treat a Lady," a musical. Project description: "This theatrically charged musical comedy thriller about a publicity crazed actor turned killer and the endearing detective who pursues him is based on the best selling novel that became a renowned movie. It is a devilish blend of humor, ...yesterday