Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearsals beginning November. Performances December 12th-20th, in Berkeley, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 28, 29 in Berkeley, CA
Casting the play "Madame Gufay's Lovelutionaries." Production description: "Madame Gufay goes back to school to get her degree late in life; her antics overcome language challenges, academic arrogance, uncontrollable urges, public drunkenness, lewd and lascivious behavior, to the fulfillment of innocent wacky dreams."56 minutes ago
- Rehearses Sept. 29-Nov. 6 (6-10 p.m. weekdays; weekends TBD) at RWHC Studios, 2005 1st St., L.A. (Boyle Heights); runs Nov. 7 (8 p.m.), Nov. 8 (4 & 8 p.m.), Nov. 9 (2 p.m.), Nov. 14 (8 p.m.), Nov. 15 (4 & 8 p.m.), & Nov. 16 (2 p.m.), eight shows total at Little CASA Theater, 2009 1st St., L.A. (Boyle Heights).
- Auditions: Sep 18 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Clean Start," a play. Synopsis: Parker Reed, a Beverly Hills socialite, loses her fortune when her husband is arrested for illegal dealings. Finding herself homeless, Parker moves in with her loyal Latina maid named Rosario Rodriguez, who lives with her traditional Mexican mother and party-loving sister in East L.A. ...1 hours ago
- Training and performances are ongoing beginning Fall 2014 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking new members for an improvisational and sketch comedy theater (think "Saturday Night Live" or "In Living Color"). Producer states: "We provide customized instruction and industry exposure. Preparation. Opportunity. Support. Successful applicants join the company's prestigious IN Studios Conservatory, where they will receive six months of improvisation classes at a ...1 hours ago
- Opportunities are ongoing. Part-time Sat. & Sun. in L.A. and South Bay area.
- Seeking submissions from: Hollywood, CA
Seeking party performers for kids birthday parties. Roles include beautiful princess performers, great character actors, and mascot performers, such as a fun, high energy clown. Party performers should be great with kids and should have a working knowledge of face painting or balloon twisting. Knowing magic or games is preferred.4 hours ago
- Rehearsals beginning mid-Jan. Performances March 6th - March 21st, in San Francisco, CA.
- Auditions: Oct 12, 13 in San Francisco, CA
Casting the play "Oh Dad, Poor Dad…." Production description: "In a fancy Caribbean resort, Jonathan is trapped between the mother he's depended on for so long and his own small dreams of freedom."12 hours ago
- Rehearsals beginning December 8. Performances January 29th - February 22nd, in Los Altos, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Altos, CA
Casting the play "Maple & Vine." Production description: "Dean is the leader of a planned community – a world where everyone agrees to live a 1950’s life – in spite of the 21st century being all around their island of existence."13 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin November 3 (usually Mon.-Fri. evenings); performances run December 4-21 for "All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth." Rehearsals begin January 5; Daytime School Tour Performances will be February 2-21 and performances at the Cell Theatre will be March 5-15 for "Animal Farm." Rehearsals begin April 6; performances May 7-24 for "The 39 Steps." Most shows will be Thursday, Friday, Saturday at 8 p.m., Sunday at 2 p.m. in Albuquerque, NM.
- Auditions: Oct 4 in Albuquerque, NM
Casting the 2014-2015 season including "All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth"; "Animal Farm" and "The 39 Steps." Project Descriptions: Seven-year-old Lucy Lesprit lands the biggest role of her career – the whistle solo in the upcoming Christmas Extravaganza – when tragedy strikes. A well-aimed hockey puck ...17 hours ago
- Rehearses Oct. 26-Nov. 8; runs November 13-15 and November 20-22 in Stratford, CT.
- Seeking submissions from: Stratford, CT; New York City, NY
Casting "Murder in Apartment 13," a locally written murder mystery comedy. Synopsis: A brand new couple comes home from a night out, only to find a dead man at their door. Play blends comedy, horror, murder, and mystery.23 hours ago
- Performances take place in L.A.
- Auditions: Sep 29 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting Center Theatre Group's 2014-15 season. Mark Taper Forum season includes "The Price," by Arthur Miller (runs Jan. 13-Mar. 22, 2015; Garry Hynes, dir.), "Immediate Family," by: Paul Oakley Stovall (runs Mar. 24-June 7, 2015; Phylicia Rashad, dir.), "Bent," by Martin Sherman (runs June 16-Aug. 23, 2015; Moises Kaufman, dir.), ...Friday
- Performances will be held at three Las Vegas library theatres in February 2015.
- Seeking submissions from: Las Vegas, NV
Seeking a community theater director for upcoming performances of "Tuskagee Love Letters." Project Description: A woman uncovers the hidden romantic story of her parents. Love, loss and redemption. Follow the journey a Tuskegee Airman fights in the air. Follow the wife’s struggle to keep their marriage intact. Follow the daughter’s ...17 hours ago
- Rehearses and performs in Seattle, WA.
- Auditions: Sep 26 in Seattle, WA
Casting the Seattle Repertory's 2014-15 season. Season includes "The Vaudevillians" (Jinx Monsoon and Major Scales, written and performed by. Rehearsals begin Sept. 29; runs Nov. 14, 2014-Jan. 4, 2015); "All The Way & The Great Society" (Robert Schenkkan, writer; Bill Rauch, dir. Rehearsals begin Sept. 15; runs Oct. 8, 2014-Nov. ...20 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 6, 2015; runs Feb. 4-Mar. 15 with a possible extension through Mar. 29 at the Lucille Lortel Theatre in NYC.
- Auditions: Oct 9 in New York, NY
Casting "The Nether" by Jennifer Haley.21 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Nov. 10; runs Dec. 2-21 in Jupiter, FL.
- Seeking submissions from: Jupiter, FL
Casting "Fiddler on the Roof," with book by Joseph Stein, music by Jerry Bock, and lyrics by Sheldon Harnick.yesterday