Play AuditionsBackstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Season runs in Seattle, WA.
- Auditions: Apr 21, 22, 23, 24, 28, 29, 30, May 1 in Seattle, WA
Casting the Seattle Children's Theatre season (production titles TBA). Season includes Show #1 (a play; rehearsals begin Aug. 26; runs Sept. 26-Nov. 9), Show #2 (a musical; rehearsals begin Oct. 14; runs Nov. 11-Dec. 21), Show #3 (a new play. Rehearsals begin Dec. 16; runs Jan. 23-Feb. 15, 2015), Show ...1 hours ago
- Rehearsals will be held in Northampton, MA in September/October 2014
- Auditions: Apr 7 in New York, NY
FoodPlay Productions, an Emmy-Award-winning company is casting FoodPlay!, a fun-filled nutrition theater show featuring amazing juggling, colorful characters, motivating messages, music, magic, and audience participation to help children learn how to take charge of growing up healthy and fit.1 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin May 13; runs June 4-29 (four shows per week; Thu.-Sat. evenings and Sun. matinees) in Long Beach, CA.
- Auditions: Mar 25 in Hollywood, CA
Casting "Other Desert Cities."2 hours ago
- Read-through - April 1 Rehearsals: Tuesday through Saturdays, April 8-May 7 (evenings 7-10; Saturdays 10-4) Performances: May 8-10, 2014 All rehearsals/performances will take place at Calvary Baptist Church - 123 W 57th St., NYC, 10019.
- Auditions: Mar 26, 29 in New York, NY
Casting a "bare bones" production of Tartuffe, based on the renaissance rehearsal model.3 hours ago
- Rehearsals TBD in Chicago, IL. Tech May 19, show May 21.
- Auditions: Apr 2 in Chicago, IL
Casting New Play Development Showcase. Project description: "Each playwright and director team will work on finessing the 10-15 minutes of a brand new play that needs legs - you. This is a wonderful opportunity to help new works. Some shows will have adult themes and language."4 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin May 6; runs approx. June 7-29 in NYC.
- Auditions: Apr 9, 10, 11 in New York, NY
Casting "The Taste Of It." Synopsis: Boston 1973. Communes, street theatre, racial protests, the last days of Vietnam. The backdrop for a brilliant young dancer named Ross--and Sheila, a whip smart driven director with a gift for language. They come together--carving out a place apart--for themselves and each other.5 hours ago
- Rehearsals will be held weekly on Tuesday evenings and Saturday afternoons beginning in April.Show dates are Fridays and Saturdays, May 30 & 31 and June 6 & 7 at 8 p.m. in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Mar 22, 25 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Hey Jackass - You're Rich!", a world premiere one-act play by Jeremy Pautz. Project description: "a darkly comic tale of a self-improvement seminar gone terribly wrong."5 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin April 8; runs April 30-May 3 (with possible extension through May 25) in NYC.
- Auditions: Mar 24 in Harlem, NY
Casting "Dutchman," the classic political allegory of the 1960's Black Arts Movement.6 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin May 19; performs June 16-22 and June 24-28 at The Gene Frankel Theatre in NYC.
- Auditions: Mar 29, 31 in New York, NY
Casting "Becket," by Jean Anouilh and translated by Lucienne Hill. Synopsis: "Becket" is a re-enactment of the conflicts between King Henry II and Thomas Becket as the latter (Henry's best friend) ascends to power, becoming the King’s enemy. Becket begins as a clever, but hedonistic, companion; as a result of ...16 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin March 31. Performances May 16 - June 1 in Martinez, CA.
- Auditions: Mar 23, 24 in Martinez, CA
Casting the play "Shipwrecked! An Entertainment, The Amazing Adventures Of Louis De Rougemont (As Told By Himself)." Project description: "The breathless story of a Victorian gentleman whose colorful past as a seafaring wanderer springs to life like a theatrical pop-up book; a late 19th century story about storytelling and the ...19 hours ago
- Rehearsals in September. Opens November in San Francisco, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: San Francisco, CA
Casting the theater production "Three Tall Women." Production description: "As an imperious, acerbic old woman lies dying, she is tended by two other women and visited by a young man."19 hours ago