Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 3; runs Aug. 18-Oct. 11 at St. Clements in NY.
- Auditions: Jul 14 in New York, NY
Casting "Drop Dead Perfect" by Erasmus Fenn.7 minutes ago
- Runs Mon. evenings, 6:30 p.m., three to four times a month through Winter 2015 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: NJ; New York, NY
Casting "Casey: 30 Years Later!," a comedy play based on the cult horror film "Basket Case" by director-writer Frank Henenlotter. Synopsis: Released in 1982, this horror film tells the story of a young man who carries his deformed conjoined twin brother in a large basket while seeking vengeance on the ...1 hours ago
- Rehearses July-August in NYC; runs at Thespis Theater Festival at the Hudson Guild Theater in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Red Roses and Domestic Acid," a satirical dramatic comedy with jazz music about a case of domestic violence (Pietro Germi style) with actors, mimes, dancers, viseos, masks by cosmopolitan author, director, actress Pilar Quarzell Castel for the Thespis Theater Festival New York.1 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 31; first performance is on or about Oct. 1; closes Nov. 7 in NYC.
- Auditions: Jul 15 in New York, NY
Casting "Catch the Butcher," a play. Synopsis: In the past years, the Butcher of Harbor Park has killed eleven women, dumping their bodies in the river with a poem attached. While most women are terrified, there is one who is instead curious. So she sets off to find the killer. ...2 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Mar. 22; runs May 7-29 with possible extension through June 5 in San Francisco.
- Auditions: Aug 17 in San Francisco, CA
Casting "Sojourners" and "runboyrun," two plays by Mfoniso Udofia being presented in repertory by Magic Theatre.2 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin July 26, in Olympia, WA. Performances run August 20-September 12, at the State Theater, in downtown Olympia, WA.
- Seeking submissions from: Olympia, WA
Casting the play, "To Kill a Mockingbird." Project description: "Set in the depths of the Great Depression in Alabama, the story focuses on six-year-old Scout Finch, a young girl in a quiet southern town, who is about to experience dramatic events that will affect the rest of her life."3 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 25; runs Sept. 17-Oct. 18 in S.F.
- Auditions: Jul 9 in San Francisco, CA
Casting "Fred's Diner," a play.3 hours ago
- Rehearses Aug. 3-Oct. 1 (Mon.-Thurs., 7-10 p.m.) in Camarillo, CA.
- Auditions: Jul 26, 27 in Camarillo, CA
Casting "Nine," the musical based on Italian director Federico Fellini's comic masterpiece of biographical filmmaking, “8 ½,” Maury Yeston's sultry and enchanting Tony-award-winning musical follows the life of world famous film director Guido Contini as he prepares his latest picture and tries to focus on, and balance his time and ...4 hours ago
- Rehearses Aug. 1-12 (daytimes with some early evenings); runs Aug. 14-30 at FringeNYC in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York City, NY
Casting "Fuente Ovejuna," a play based upon an actual historical incident that took place in the village of Fuenteovejuna in Castile in 1476. The Commander mistreated the villagers, who banded together and killed him. When a magistrate sent by King Ferdinand II of Aragon arrived at the village to investigate, ...5 hours ago