Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Rehearsal would be over the next two months. The play would be put up in mid-June.
- Auditions: Apr 21 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting the female lead in my play, "Do Not Disturb The Disturbed" - An eccentric New York playwright is kidnapped by his manager and locked in a hotel room after he refuses to finish the ending for the shitty Hollywood romantic comedy he's been hired to write.2 hours ago
- Rehearses Apr. 26, 29, & May 1; performs May 2-3 at Rowan University's Tohill Theatre.
- Seeking submissions from: Mount Laurel, NJ; Cherry Hill, NJ; Philadelphia, PA
Seeking actors to play small roles/extras in "The Prodigal," an original stage play.3 hours ago
- Season rehearses and performs in Kansas City, MO.
- Auditions: May 1, 2 in Kansas City, MO
Casting the Kansas City Repertory Theatre's 2014-15 season. Season includes "Our Town" (David Cromer, dir. Rehearsals begin Aug. 12; runs Sept. 12-Oct. 5); TBA Show (Eric Rosen, dir. Rehearsals begin Sept. 23; runs Oct. 24-Nov. 2); "A Christmas Carol" (Kyle Hatley, dir. Rehearsals begin Oct. 31; runs Nov. 29-Dec. 26); ...7 hours ago
- Runs Aug. 11 16, and 17 at the Thespis Theater Festival at Cabrini Theater in NYC.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting "The Kitchen Play," a darkly comedic look at a divorce through the eyes of adult siblings who live at home with their parents. The continuing play follows out of chronology detailing both the cause and the after-effects of the fight, the divorce, and the bittersweet reconciliation following an unexpected ...4 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 12; runs Sept. 5-28 with a possible extension to Oct. 5 in Little Rock, AR.
- Auditions: May 20, 21 in New York, NY
Casting "Memphis."9 hours ago
- Season rehearses and performs in Westport, NY.
- Auditions: Apr 30 in New York, NY
Casting the Depot Theatre 2014 season. Season includes "My Way" (Rehearsals begin June 30; runs July 11-27); "Greater Tuna" (Rehearsals begin July 21; runs Aug. 1-17); and "Pete 'N' Keely" (Rehearsals begin Aug. 11; runs Aug. 22-30).11 hours ago
- Rehearsals TBD. Performances May 23 - June 1, in San Rafael, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: San Rafael, CA
Casting the play "Let Me Go." Production description: "A ten-minute play to be performed at the Fringe of Marin Festival, involving a woman with post-traumatic stress after her fiance's murder, and the fiance who tries to help her from the afterlife."7 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 30; runs Oct. 24-Nov. 9 in Little Rock, AR.
- Auditions: May 20, 21 in New York City, NY
Casting "Wait Until Dark."9 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin July 1. Previews begin Aug. 1; runs Aug. 3-24 (16 performances) at the 4th Street Theatre in NYC.
- Auditions: May 2, 3 in New York, NY
Casting "The Law Of Return." Synopsis: "The Law of Return" tells the timely story of Jonathan Jay Pollard, a civilian, naval intelligence analyst, who sold government secrets to Israel during the 1980’s. This play focuses on Pollard’s relationships with his commanding officer, Steve Harris, and his Israeli contact, Rafi Eitan ...11 hours ago
- Season rehearses and performs in Cincinnati, OH.
- Auditions: Apr 30, in Chicago, IL
Casting Cincinnati Playhouse In The Park 2014-15 season. Season includes: "Sherlock Holmes and the Adventure of the Suicide Club" (KJ Sanchez, dir.; Jeffrey Hatcher, writer; Robert Louis Stevenson & Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, authors Rehearsals begin Aug. 12, 2014; runs Sept. 6-Oct. 4, 2014), "Safehouse" Timothy Douglas, dir.; Keith Josef ...yesterday
- Rehearsals beginning late June. Performances August 15 - September 14th, in Alameda, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Alameda, CA
Casting the play "Boeing Boeing." Production description: "Set in the 1960s, this farce is about swinging bachelor Bernard and the three gorgeous stewardesses who are engaged to him without knowing about each other during their frequent ‘layovers’."10 hours ago
- Each NYC-area AEA-franchised agency attends at least one AAA session (either musical or dramatic) per year. Approximately 30 AAA calls are scheduled annually.
- Auditions: May 5 in New York, NY
Actors Equity is holding Agent Access Auditions (AAAs).yesterday
- Performs May 5, 12, 19 & 26 in NYC (rehearsals are same day as performance).
- Auditions: Apr 28 in New York, NY
Casting Origin Theatre Company's annual reading series. Theater states: "Readings for Norwegian, Irish, and Finnish plays. Cross section of characters and ages to play multiple roles. Origin Theatre Company has been established for twelve years. We specialize in showcasing European contemporary plays. Origin is always excited to meet European actors."12 hours ago
- Season runs Aug. 2014-July 2015 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 29 in Chicago, IL
TimeLine Theatre Company is casting its 2014-15 season. Shows include: "Danny Casolaro Died For You" (Dominic Orl, writer. Rehearsals begin Aug. 18; previews begin Sept. 23; runs Oct. 3-Dec. 21); "My Name Is Asher Lev" (Aaron Posner, writer; Kimberly Senior, dir. Rehearsals begin July 22; previews begin Aug. 23; runs ...yesterday
- Season rehearses and performs in Sarasota, FL.
- Auditions: Apr 27, 28 in Sarasota, FL
Casting Asolo Repertory Theatre's 2014-15 season. Season includes: "South Pacific" (Richard Rodgers, music; Oscar Hammerstein II, lyrics; Oscar Hammerstein and Joshua Logan, book; Rob Ruggiero, dir. Rehearsals begin Oct.14; previews begin Nov. 11; closes Dec. 28, 2014); "The Matchmaker" (Thornton Wilder, writer; Peter Amster, dir. Rehearsals begin Dec. 2, 2014; ...12 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin April 17; performs May 16, 20, 24, 28-29, & June 1 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Slam Team," a play about four teenagers starting a poetry club.14 hours ago
- Opportunities are ongoing. Rehearsals and performances begin April 19 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; NJ
Seeking funny actresses to perform solo and two person shows at schools and special events.15 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin May 18. Production runs June 26-July 19, in Plano, TX.
- Auditions: Apr 27, 29 in Plano, TX
Casting for the play "These Two Couples Went to Italy.." Project description: "When Janet and Carl from Indiana meet up with Marie and Tom from New York while vacationing in Italy, each couple is ruthlessly competing to be the “best” traveler...with hilariously disastrous results."16 hours ago