Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- We will do staggered, private readings (less than full cast) via phone and video conferencing at various times during October 6th - 24th. From that point we will combine readings with live rehearsals in the D.C. area until November 19th. Weekend and early evening hours will be extended for rehearsals. Our performance is scheduled for the weekend of November 19 - 23 in the D.C. area, although we have not determined whether there will be 2 or 3 performances that weekend.
- Seeking submissions from: Washington, DC; Baltimore, MD; New York, NY
Casting "The Keys." Theatre for Justice is casting for a workshop production of "The Keys", an original stage play. The production is a drama with hints of existentialism. Lead and Supporting Roles are available including several with non-speaking parts. Amateur and professional actors are encouraged to participate. Learn more at ...3 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin late September-October in Burbank.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "South Chicago," in which the 2010 recession leaves a father jobless and forces him to support his family with little savings and no health care. He is on a mission to keep his family’s soon-to-be eviction a secret while balancing a bogus game plan that’s getting him nowhere fast.3 hours ago
- Rehearsals Oct. 6; runs Oct. 10-12 in Hartford, CT.
- Seeking submissions from: Hartford, CT
Casting "Awake," a play about climate change.4 hours ago
- Rehearses Sept. 24-Oct. 9; performs Oct. 12 at a climate change conference in Hartford, CT. Note: Actors must be available to travel to and stay in Hartford, CT, Oct. 9-13.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Awake," a show which includes monologues, movement, and some singing.4 hours ago
- Class runs for 10 weeks on Thurs. eves. (6-9 p.m.) from Oct. 9-Dec. 11 at Alchemical Theater Lab; performs Dec. 12 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking actors for "Shakespeare Without Fear," a 10-week performance class and showcase. Coordinator asks: "Do you get so caught up in the words of Shakespeare that you find it difficult to develop a character? Whether you are new to classical theater or ready to take your skills to the next ...7 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Apr. 15; runs May 8-June 6 in Boston, MA.
- Auditions: Oct 9 in Boston, MA
Casting "Mothers and Sons," a play.9 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 6, 2015; previews begin Feb. 3; runs Feb. 24-March 27 in NYC.
- Auditions: Oct 3 in New York, NY
Casting "Lives of the Saints," a collection of seven one-act plays ("Babel’s in Arms," "Soap Opera," "Enigma Variations," "After Life," "It’s All Good," "Lives of the Saints," and "The Mystery at Twicknam Vicarage"). Each actor will appear in one or more one-act.11 hours ago
- Runs in CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA; Orange County, CA; Inland Empire, CA; North San Diego County, CA; Ventura County, CA
Seeking judges for middle/high school DTASC and CA EdTA Theatre Festivals.Sep 11
- Runs May 11–Sept. 5, 2015 (summer season); May 11-Oct. 31, 2015 (summer/fall season); Aug. 17–Oct. 31, 2015 (fall season) in Cedar City, UT.
- Auditions: Oct 1 in Cedar City, UT
Seeking actors for Utah Shakespeare Festival 2015 Season. Season includes "Charley's Aunt," "Amadeus," "South Pacific," "The Taming of the Shrew," "Henry the Fourth Part Two," "King Lear," "Dracula," "The Two Gentlemen of Verona."yesterday
- Rehearses Oct. 20, 5:30-8:30 p.m., Oct. 21 8-11 p.m.; runs Oct. 22, 23, 25, and 30 at the Manhattan Repertory Theatre in NYC. Note: Candidates must be available for all dates.
- Auditions: Sep 28 in NY
Casting "The Last Scene" is the 25th stage play by Richard Thomas Henle, which revolves around the lives of three different couples, and follows them through their first meetings, friendships, debates, arguments, break ups, and loss. Company states: "This story features a unique blend of city life, a great soundtrack ...yesterday
- Runs year-round in Tampa, Orlando, and Miami, FL.
- Auditions: Sep 23 in Lakeland, FL
Seeking actors and improvisers for The Murder Mystery Company which performs murder-mystery themes ranging from 1920s Mobster to Masquerade Balls. Producer states: "TMMC has been active in the national theater community for over ten years and is third in record ticket sales in the U.S."yesterday
- Rehearses in the beginning of October; runs in February, at the Complex, Los Angeles, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 27 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Rooster," a staged reading and stage play based on the play "Hot Mess," by JGGD following one day in the life of a loud-talking waitress.yesterday
- At Long Wharf Theatre, rehearsals begin Feb. 24, 2015; previews begin Mar. 25; closes Apr. 19 at Claire Tow Stage in the C. Newton Schneck III Theatre, New Haven, CT. At Philadelphia Theatre Company, rehearsals begin Apr. 21; tech is Apr. 25-31; previews May 1-5; runs May 6-31 in Philadelphia, PA.
- Auditions: Oct 8 in New York, NY
Casting "brownsville song (b-side for tray)."yesterday
- Rehearsals begin Dec. 27, 2014; previews begin Jan. 21, 2015; runs Jan. 24-Feb. 8 in Chapel Hill, NC.
- Auditions: Oct 13 in New York, NY
Casting "Trouble in Mind."yesterday
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 22; previews begin Nov. 14; opens Nov. 16 in NYC.
- Auditions: Oct 6, 9 in New York, NY
- Rehearses every other Saturday at 10451 Hoover St., L.A; performs Nov. 29 (6 p.m.) in L.A.
- Auditions: Sep 20 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Soul Cry," a dramatic play. Synopsis: A family achieves the American Dream, then struggles to overcome life's overwhelming odds to survive.yesterday