Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- First rehearsal: Immediate First Performance Friday, 4/17/16 Every Thursday thereafter at 7:00PM Every Friday thereafter at 8:00PM
- Seeking submissions from: New York City, NY
Interactive comedy about a corrupt auction house in NY Opens at St. Luke’s Theatre, 308 West 46th Street, NYC, NY 1003647 minutes ago
- Rehearses end of March and early April; performs Apr. 20-30 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "The Short Happy Life of Francis Macomber," a play adapted from the Ernest Hemingway short story.3 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin May 11; previews begin May 16; final performance June 20 in NYC.
- Auditions: Mar 12 in New York, NY
Seeking Equity male actors for two available principal roles in "New Country." All other roles have been cast. Actors will be considered for possible replacements if needed.7 hours ago
- Season rehearses and runs in Ambler, PA.
- Auditions: Mar 23 in Philadelphia, PA
Seeking Equity actors and actor/singers for Act II Playhouse's upcoming season shows. This is part of the Greater Philadelphia Annual Auditions (GPAA). Season includes: "According to Goldman" (Bruce Graham, writer; David Bradley, dir. Dates: Sept. 8-Oct 4, 2015); "Fox on the Fairway" (Ken Ludwig, writer; William Roudebush, dir. Dates: Oct. ...8 hours ago
- Fitting date TBD in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, NY; works Mar. 18 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking background performers for the Cinemax series "The Knick" starring Clive Owen.5 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin mid-May 2015 at the American Legion Hall in Leonia, NJ; performs Jul. 24, 25, 31, & Aug. 1 at the Amphitheater at Overpeck County Park in Ridgefield Park, NJ. Note: Availability on at least one day over Memorial Day weekend (May 24 or 25) is important for Bergen Shakespeare's commitment to assist the American Legion Hall.
- Auditions: Apr 6, 7, 8, 13 in Leonia, NJ
Casting "The Comedy of Errors" for Shakespeare In The Park Summer 2015. Seeking actors who love Shakespeare and who enjoy performing on summer nights in front of large crowds. President states: "The Amphitheater at Overpeck Park is one of the largest in NJ and admission will be free to the ...8 hours ago
- Rehearses and performs winter-spring 2015 in NYC.
- Auditions: Mar 10, 16, 24 in New York, NY
Casting The Actor's Project NYC's 32nd season of full-length theatrical showcases of music, scenes, monologues, and sketch comedy, all original works by company writers. Currently casting "Breaking Rules!" Producer states: "TAPNYC is a company that assists its members in landing agents and getting work through industry showcases and plays. All ...9 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin the week of March 22. Production runs May 1-17, in Bellevue, NE.
- Auditions: Mar 15, 16 in Bellevue, NE
Casting for the production "Sabrina Fair." Project description: "Sabrina Fairchild returns to her home and chauffeur father after being schooled overseas, but finds the wealthy sons of her father's employer show interest."17 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Apr. 9 (Fri. nights, Sat. afternoons, and some Sun. afternoons); runs May 30-Aug. 29, 2015 in Boston, MA.
- Seeking submissions from: Boston, MA
Casting "The Golden Girls Live," an all-male drag parody. Casting director states: "Sophia, Dorothy, and Blanche are precast from the original production. The last three weeks of rehearsal will be completely off book. We are also seeking one swing/understudy for both roles. We have previously played NYC in 2002-2003, L.A. ...17 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Mar. 16 at Phantom Projects' Rehearsal Hall, 15517 Phoebe Ave., La Mirada, CA; opens Apr. 8 and performs during the day at various locations in L.A. and Orange Counties, CA.
- Auditions: Mar 9, 10 in La Mirada, CA
Casting a production of E. B. White's "Charlotte's Web" for Phantom Projects Theatre Group. The story, based on the classic book, features all of the the classic characters, coming to life for young audiences.17 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin in July 2015; performs Aug. 20-30 at Chapman University, Orange County, CA.
- Auditions: Mar 16 in Orange, CA
Casting "Fabulous Monsters" by Diana Burbano, "Grace Note" by Robert Riemer, "Spoken Allowed" by David Scaglione, "Love's Lost Words" by Leonard Joseph Dunham, "Corrupt Impressions" by Joni Ravenna, and "HamlEt," a new devised theatre piece directed by Tamiko Washington for "OC-centric," a festival uniting experienced actors and directors from across ...19 hours ago