Backstage's auditions for plays span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, Off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions.
New play auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Browse other popular categories:
- Season runs in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: May 14, 21, Jun 4 in Chicago, IL
Casting Goodman Theatre's 2015-2016 Season. Season includes "Disgraced" (Kimberly Senior, dir. Runs Aug. 11-Oct. 18); "A Christmas Carol" (Henry Wishcampter, dir. Runs Oct. 20-Dec. 27); "Another Word for Beauty" (Steve Cosson, dir. Runs Dec. 15-Feb. 21); "The Matchmaker" (Henry Wishcamper, dir. Runs Feb. 2-Apr. 10); "The Sign in Sidney Brustein's ...36 minutes ago
- Season runs at 4545 Park Boulevard in the University Heights neighborhood of San Diego, CA.
- Auditions: May 3 in San Diego, CA
Seeking actors for Diversionary Theatre's 2015-16 Season. Season includes "Amazons and Their Men" (Matt M. Morrow, dir. Rehearses Aug. 4-Sept. 2; runs Sept. 12-Oct. 4); "Bright Half Light" (Lydia Fort, dir. Rehearses Oct. 6-28; runs Nov. 7-29); "A Civil War Christmas: An American Musical Celebration" (Kim Strassburger, dir. Rehearses Dec. ...2 hours ago
- Runs in NYC.
- Auditions: May 4 in New York, NY
Seeking Equity members who are not signed clients of any agent for Dramatic Agent Access Auditions. Only active, paid-up Equity Members will be seen. Agent Access Auditions are sponsored by Actors' Equity Association and provided free of charge as a benefit of Equity Membership. AEA thanks the National Association of ...3 hours ago
- Season runs in Syracuse, NY.
- Auditions: May 21, 22 in Syracuse, NY
Casting the 2015-16 Season for Syracuse Stage. Season includes: "The Underpants" (Steve Martin, writer; Carl Sternheim, adaptation; Bill Fennelly, dir. Rehearsals begin Sept. 22; runs Sept. 23-Nov. 8); "To Kill a Mockingbird" (Christopher Sergel, adaptation; Harper Lee, novel; Timothy Bond, dir. Rehearsals begin Jan. 26, 2016; runs Feb. 26-Mar. 26, ...3 hours ago
- Rehearsal and reading June 9 in Schnecksville, PA.
- Auditions: May 6 in New York, NY
Seeking Equity and non-Equity actors for seven available roles in a play. All characters are African-American.4 hours ago
- Rehearses July-Sept.; runs Sept. 17-20 in Austin, TX.
- Auditions: Apr 30, in Austin, TX
Casting "This Side of the Dirt," a play. Synopsis: "This Side of the Dirt" takes place on family ranch in South Texas and is a story about the misguided emotions of a grieving mother who, after the loss of her father, begins to unravel in her relationships with both friends ...6 hours ago
- Rehearses mid-July through Aug. 31; runs Sept. 4, 5, 6, 10, 11, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20 in Chicago, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "Yellow Eyes", a play about a young woman who walks the streets of the South Bronx at the risk of danger. The only safe place for Isabel is her great grandfather's home. He possesses the knowledge and wisdom that makes her proud of her cultural heritage. After learning that ...7 hours ago
- "Kalamazoo" prep wk. starts June 2; rehearsals begin June 9; runs June 24-July 5 in Glens Falls, NY. "The Banana Tree" rehearses after "Kalamazoo" opens; performs June 30 in Glens Falls, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: Glens Falls, NY; NY
Seeking a Stage Manager for Adirondack Theatre Festival's mainstage production of "Kalamazoo." Ideally, SM will also cover a staged reading of "The Banana Tree" (for an additional week of pay).8 hours ago
- Ongoing in Scottsdale, AZ. Shows are typically weekend nights, rehearsals weeknights.
- Auditions: May 3 in Scottsdale, AZ
Casting the 2015 season of interactive murder mystery comedies, including "Deadly Housewives," "Clue," and "How to Murder a Millionaire." Details on all shows available via our website at www.murderandameal.com8 hours ago
- Rehearsals will begin mid to end of June for approximately 6 weeks two days a week for the main roles. Supporting roles will be asked to come in one or two times a week depending on the needs of the director. All rehearsals will be at Ripley Grier Studios mid afternoon Mon-Thurs for about 3 hrs a day. Festival runs July-Sept. 2015 at the Hudson Guild Theatre in NYC. Performs Aug. 4 (6:15 p.m.), Aug. 8 (8:30 p.m.) and Aug. 9 (1 p.m.) and further dates after Sept. 25 (TBA) in NYC.
- Auditions: May 5 in New York, NY
Casting "Crossing Verrazano," a 75-minute drama based on a true incident that occurred in New York City back in October 2010. Synopsis: Three young men from L.A. plan a weekend visit to NYC to celebrate their friend's 25th birthday. Their first stop was the legendary Stonewall Inn where they met ...10 hours ago
- Rehearses in May in NYC; performs May 16 in NJ, with additional shows in June and throughout the summer.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; NJ
Casting immediate replacements for "Ira and Isabella's Jewish Italian Comedy Wedding." This play is scripted and has some improvisation.11 hours ago
- Rehearses in May-June 2015 in NYC. "Demons" performs late May-early June 2015. "Hot or Not" performs June 2015. All performances in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting for two production: "Demons," a new play to be performed at American Theatre of Actors and "Hot or Not?," a one-act comedy to be part of a festival.13 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin November 9, Mon.-Fri. 5-10 p.m. & Sat. 10 a.m.-6 p.m., additional rehearsals/shows: Nov. 30 – Dec. 4, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.; performances will be Dec. 4 &11, 7 p.m., Dec. 5 & 6, 12 &13, noon and 3 p.m., Dec. 11, 7 p.m., Dec. 17, 10 a.m., Dec. 18, 10 a.m. & 7 p.m., Dec. 19-23, 10 a.m., noon & 3 p.m. in Salt Lake City, UT.
- Auditions: May 5 in Salt Lake City, UT
Casting "Art Dog," adapted by John Olive, composed by Susan Ennis, based on the book by Thacher Hurd. Project Description: Children will love the humorous and heroic superdog, Arthur, a mild-mannered museum guard by day. But each night, his alter ego, Art Dog, is a mysterious artist who makes the ...18 hours ago
- Shows July 9-30 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: May 2, 3 in Chicago, IL
Casting "50 Shades of Plaid," a play. Project description: "This parody of 'Fifty Shades of Grey,' is a coming-of-age story with every pun intended. Sandy is a Junior in college, bookish and shy, with a burning imagination. She falls head-over-heels for Thomas Plaid- the most popular guy on campus, rugged, ...19 hours ago
- First Rehearsal: June 1st Load-In: July 13th Tech: July 14th-16th Dress: July 16th Previews: July 17th Opening: July 18th Strike: Aug 1st Performances will be Thursday-Sunday evenings, located at Hairpin Arts Center in Logan Square, Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 28, 29, May 2 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Rotpeter," a play. Project description: "Rotpeter ("Red Peter"), the world-renowned entertainer and former ape, has been commissioned to give a report. He's been a scientific and theological marvel since his first words. And in the years since, he has rapidly developed the cultural intelligence of the Average European. Now, ...19 hours ago
- Rehearsals start mid September - Opens November 6 for 3 weekends and 1 Wednesday matinee in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: May 4, 5 in Chicago, IL and May 4, 5 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Lion in Winter," a play. Project description: "1183 AD: King Henry II's three sons all want to inherit the throne, but he won't commit to a choice. They and his wife variously plot to force him."19 hours ago
- Rehearsals will begin Monday, May 18th and will run Mondays through Thursdays from 7pm-10pm in Chicago, IL. Performances are every Saturday at 11:00pm, from June 20th - August 29th at the Greenhouse Theater Center.
- Auditions: May 2, 9 in Chicago, IL
Casting "El Stories," a play. Project description: "Chicago's hit late-night documentary theatre project uses real-life transit tales to explore our diverse experiences as we move through this dynamic city."19 hours ago
- Runs Spring 2015 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking new members for an advanced "emotionally-centered" improvisational theater practice and performance group. Director states: "This is not improv comedy (writing on your feet), but rather improvisational theater (acting without a script). Selected participants will work alongside peers with the best rotating coaches/directors NYC has to offer. Regular performances are ...20 hours ago