Short Film AuditionsFind:
Backstage's short film auditions span the entire country, and include a variety of interesting non-feature movie projects to apply for.
New short film auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Shoots in late October.
- Seeking submissions from: New York City, NY
Gavin, a struggling artist and Lyndsey, an office worker earning a decent living but stuck in a routine, are both unhappy with their current jobs and long for a career change. They get that chance when they both discover magical doors that allow them to trade lives with one another. ...1 hours ago
- Rehearsal: TBD Test shoot date: Sept. 13th 1st Principal Shoot date: Sept. 19th Will be filming Saturdays and Sundays from Sept.19th - mid November. Location: TBD
- Auditions: Sep 8 in Fullerton, CA
When Jackson decides to move to a nice, quiet apartment, he finds Somber Pines to be anything but. After meeting the welcoming neighbors, Jackson discovers additions to his apartment that he didn't sign up for. Diving deeper down the rabbit hole, Jackson's apartment takes the tenants through hell and back. ...2 hours ago
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Lost Boys" a short thesis film about ambivalent youth in a Los Angeles suburb.2 hours ago
- Casting and rehearsal this month in Manhattan, shooting next month in Brooklyn.
- Seeking submissions from: NY
An NYU thesis experimental short following a young cannibal and his victim.5 hours ago
- Shoots September 26 & 27, in Seattle, WA.
- Seeking submissions from: Seattle, WA
Casting the short film teaser trailer, "The Veterinarian." Project description: "This experimental neo-noir project is about a woman’s last job in the underworld of Canal City."8 hours ago
- Shoot dates are TBD in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn.
- Seeking submissions from: Brooklyn, NY
Casting a supernatural webseries, "The Outer Boroughs" to be shot in the outer boroughs on NYC. The opening sequence from "Saturday Night Fever" where John Travolta is walking down the street will be re-created.9 hours ago
- Shoots Oct. 5, 7-11 p.m. in Liberty State Park, Jersey City, NJ.
- Seeking submissions from: Jersey City, NJ; New York, NY
Casting a documentary, "One Chance," about a wedding event company based in New Jersey. We are casting for a very romantic, dreamy, ceremony scene at night. With a glowing lower manhattan in the background, every guest holding a candle, and extravagant flowers, we are sure to create a beautiful scene.10 hours ago
- Rehearses and shoots on Long Island, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Why Hall Passes Don't Work," a comedic web short showing why it's dangerous to have that Celebrity Hall Pass list.11 hours ago
- Shooting this September in Sandy Springs, GA.
- Seeking submissions from: Sandy Springs, GA
Casting for the short film, "The Dress." Project description: "About a daughter coming to terms with her absentee father, who shows up unannounced, minutes before she walks down the aisle."12 hours ago
- Shoot dates TBD. Ideally seeking acting and camera talent in Maryland, D.C., and possibly Virginia, but will consider writers and musicians nationwide.
- Seeking submissions from: MD; VA; Washington, DC
Seeking actors and crew with whom to potentially create short films and a film network in the Maryland area. Coordinator states: "I am a recent college graduate from the University of Maryland College Park and I am looking to create original films with people who share an equal passion and ...12 hours ago
- Shoots end of September (one day) in Lakeland, FL.
- Seeking submissions from: Lakeland, FL; Orlando, FL; Tampa, FL
Casting "We Are More," a short, reflective film that challenges the tendencies to categorize and label others.13 hours ago
- Rehearses in early Sept.; shoots mid-Sept. in Riverside, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Riverside, CA; San Bernardino, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Orange County, CA
Casting "De Nada," a bilingual comedy-drama that follows a pack of undocumented teenagers in southern California as they hustle to get by on a hot summer day.13 hours ago
- Shoots Sept. 8 (approx. 5-10 p.m.) at an apartment in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: Brooklyn, NY; New York, NY
Casting a directing exercise for a Stony Brook University class. Scenario: A sleeping kid is awoken by shrieks and thumps. Terrified, the kid looks at the closed door, sees nothing, turns over, tries to go back to sleep. Kid hears a crash, looks over again, sees blood pooling under the ...14 hours ago
- Shoots Oct. 17 & 18 at a TBA location.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting a short comedy, "Chesapeake," about the waning days of summer.15 hours ago
- Tentative shoot dates are Oct. 3 & 4 and Oct. 10 & 11 (first two weekends in October) in the Buena Park neighborhood of Chicago, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "Global Warming," a short sci-fi/"Twilight Zone" story set in the near future.16 hours ago
- Shoot date(s) TBD in Washington, D.C.
- Seeking submissions from: Washington, DC
Casting a short film adaptation of Lorraine Hansberry's "A Raisin in the Sun." Synopsis: Winner of four Tony awards, this is the iconic story of the struggle of an African-American family, who confront the evil of unending prejudice which crushes their dreams, but leaves them unbowed and facing the future ...yesterday
- Shoots Oct. 9 and 10 in NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 10 in Brooklyn, NY
Casting "Amazing Grace," a short film. Producer states: "This film is intended to be a TriBeCa Film Festival hopeful."yesterday