Short Film AuditionsFind:
Backstage's short film auditions span the entire country, and include a variety of interesting non-feature movie projects to apply for.
New short film auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Shoots on Long Island.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; Plainview, NY
Casting "#YouAreDead," a very short comedy about two young girls and a serial killer who they find first on Snapchat and later find him in their house.Feb 01
- Dates vary according to project.
- Auditions: Feb 12 in New York, NY
Seeking actors to come audition for a class of thirteen NYU grad film students. Coordinator states: "While we are not auditioning for a specific role or film, this is a chance to work with and be seen by these students and the instructor, and may lead to casting."Feb 01
- Rehearsals and shoot dates (three) late Feb.-first weekend in March in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Seasons Change," a student film. Synopsis: After drunkenly airing her dirty laundry during her birthday karaoke night, established music supervisor Elise Kohl must fight to retain the relationships with her two closest friends.Feb 01
- Shoots Feb. 13-15 in Washington, DC. Note: Must be available for travel in these dates.
- Seeking submissions from: Washington DC, DC; New York, NY
Casting a fantasy short, "The Adventures of Imani." Casting Director states: "I am an African American independent filmmaker."Jan 31
- Rehearsals are TBD. Shooting dates are scheduled for the last weekend of March and the first weekend of April 2016 in Phoenix, AZ.
- Auditions: Feb 11, 12 in Phoenix, AZ
Casting "The Man in the Long Coat," a short film. Project description: "An exhausted mother fights to protect her troubled son when she realizes a supernatural terror is coming to drag him into the darkness. Cinema Duende is a new film company, website is coming soon, further details to come ...Jan 31
- Rehearsal dates TBD; shoot dates planned for mid-April in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Pablo," a short film. Synopsis: Pablo, an aspiring photographer, pays his bills by shooting school portraits. He faces a difficult decision when his newfound love, a teacher at a local middle school, becomes his nude muse, forcing him to choose between her dignity and his success.Jan 31
- Rehearses March 12 & 26 in Fairfield, CT or NYC; shoots April 1-3 in Malverne, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: Fairfield, CT; Malverne, NY; New York, NY
Casting "Creek Valley," a short film. Synopsis: A teen watches his childhood friendships die as he anxiously looks to escape the hometown where he grew up; a young boy hiding in a world of his own construction is called to grow up.Jan 31
- Rehearses late Feb.-March; shoots March 22-24 (during the day) at a cafe on the north side of Chicago, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "The Deadline," an absurd comedic short film. Synopsis: A playwright goes to work on a play but a series of absurd interruptions prevent him from writing. Unable to leave and his typewriter ruined, his only way out is to join two lost soldiers and help them return home to ...Jan 31
- Shoots in Mar. in Syracuse, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: Syracuse, NY; Ithaca, NY
Casting "A Good Woman to Wake Up To," a short student film. Synopsis: A white lie sends a husband and wife down two separate paths over the course of a single night.Jan 31
- Shoots Feb. 18-20 in Beverly Hills, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Beverly Hills, CA
Casting "Emmy," a short film. Synopsis: Kevin has a strange sense that the world around him is not "real"--there's something forced, something isn't right. His level of anxiety increases and increases to the point when he bursts out in anger and finally realizes that he's a robot. Now, he has ...Jan 30
- Rehearsal dates TBD; shoots March 18-20 in the Seattle, WA area.
- Seeking submissions from: WA; OR
Casting "Lovebite," a short suspense/thriller film about an infidelity crisis that needs to be solved.Jan 30
- Shoots Feb. 21 in NYC or Connecticut.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; Newtown, CT
Casting "Color," a short student film about a daughter growing up through the eyes of her colorblind father. When the daughter is older, she gives her father glasses that aid in fixing colorblindness, allowing him to see the green of his daughter's eyes for the first time.Jan 30
- Rehearses late February; shoots in March in Athens, GA.
- Seeking submissions from: Athens, GA
Casting "Clown School," a short film. Synopsis: Sherry is a talented clown at a large university; however, she's set on finding a normal job instead of pursing her passion due to financial worries.Jan 30