Short Film AuditionsFind:
Backstage's short film auditions span the entire country, and include a variety of interesting non-feature movie projects to apply for.
New short film auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Shoot dates TBD in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Criminals," a short film. Synopsis: The year is 2040. In this dystopian society, Ian and Ariana are the last surviving members of an underground movement called the E.G.O. Igniting a massive manhunt after them, for infiltrating the notorious officer program and stealing confidential government files, they escape into the ...Thursday
- Rehearsal and production dates are TBA.
- Seeking submissions from: Florence, SC
Casting talented females that can dance, sing, and act for "The Jump."Wednesday
- Shoots between July 30 and Aug. 3 in Long Island, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: Long Island, NY; New York, NY
Casting "Graveyard Girl" a short film about a grieving teenage girl who finds hope and the strength to heal after a chance encounter with a young man suffering from a loss of his own.Wednesday
- Shoots July 25-26 in Pasadena, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA; Pasadena, CA
Casting "Apartment #18" a short horror/ghost story about a woman named Belle being haunted in her poverty-stricken apartment with a baby. Producer states: "(Spoiler alert) Come to find out that Belle is not the mother of the baby but a baby snatcher and the ghosts are there for revenge. We ...Wednesday
- Shoots in Seattle, WA.
- Seeking submissions from: Seattle, WA
Casting the short film teaser trailer, "The Veterinarian." Project description: "This experimental neo-noir project is about the last night on the job of an exiled veterinarian that works in the black market of the criminal underworld."Wednesday
- Shoots July 17-20 in Brawley, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Orange County, CA; Los Angeles, CA
Casting "The Sandbox," a Chapman University student film that's an expression of the inescapable cycle of alcoholism. This is the story of a transient, young musician living with a community of vagrant alcoholics in the desert, and his attempt to escape.Wednesday
- Shoots mid-to-late Aug./early Sept. (exact dates TBD) in Monmouth County, NJ.
- Seeking submissions from: Red Bank, NJ; Monmouth County, NJ; NJ
Casting "Drift," a short film. Synopsis: After a tragic accident, a young girl begins to experience an unknown presence.Wednesday
- Shoots July 8 in Bakersfield, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Bakersfield, CA; Los Angeles, CA
Casting an internal presentation video for a company who builds pumps.Wednesday
- Rehearses July 6, 5-7 p.m. at Texas Southern University television studio located on the first floor of the MLK Bldg., 3100 Cleburne Street (parking available in the V1 parking lot located on the corner of Cleburne and Burkett Streets); runs July 11 in the Fiesta parking lot located at Fannin and Wheeler, 4-5 p.m.
- Seeking submissions from: Houston, TX
Casting "Midknight," a student short film about how a young black male deals with major issues in contemporary society like death, illness, relationships, etc.Wednesday
- Shoots on July 22 in NYC.
- Auditions: Jul 9 in New York, NY
Seeking actors for a thriller/horror trailer for a feature film. Synopsis: Scientists test the effects of sleep depravation on five POWs of WWII.Wednesday
- Rehearsals to be determined. Shoots July 8-12 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York City, NY
Casting "Round Two," a short film following Clare Roberts as she travels back to the 90's to babysit herself as a child.Wednesday
- Shoots two days btwn. July 12-17 in L.A.
- Auditions: Jul 8, 9 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "All That Light Can Bear." Told through the eyes of a young girl, this is an intimate family drama about her and her family as they prepare for an imminent solar flare that can potentially stop life as we know it on Earth. References include "The Tree of Life," ...Wednesday
- Shooting this summer in Mobile, AL.
- Seeking submissions from: Mobile, AL
Casting for the short film, "See You Later Alligator." Project description: "A young, adventure-starved man, regretting his recent marriage, flees his oppressive life in 1950′s suburbia, leaving his pregnant wife behind. Over sixty years later, the two meet again."Wednesday
- Rehearses in Aug.; shoots in Sept. in NYC.
- Auditions: Jul 12, 13, 14 in New York, NY
Casting "My First Love," a bittersweet Korean short film about a young man's struggle to act on his first love, which he lives to regret twenty years later.Wednesday
- Shoots in July in San Francisco, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: San Francisco, CA
Casting "I'm Not Vicious," a music video. Description: A band from Spokane, Washington recorded a song in 1981. They didn't find out until 30 years later that it had been a big hit in Japan. This is the video for the karaoke version.Wednesday
- *IMPORTANT UPDATE* Shoots weekend of July 10 at Biola University in La Mirada, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: La Mirada, CA
Casting "Mosaic Avowal," a visual essay student film for Biola University affirming the meaning of art in culture, religion, and man. An experimental piece dealing with the tensions of man against God. Using metaphorical imagery, intending to contextually bring the power of the crucifixion and resurrection to a place of ...Tuesday
- Rehearsal dates TBD, via Skype or in NYC; shoots in July (one day) in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; NJ; CT
Casting "The News," a short film. Synopsis: This is a short story about Sabrina, a woman who has just come from the doctor with some terrible news, and is about to tell her boyfriend, Devin, until he gives her some upsetting news himself. Will this couple work it out? Note: ...Tuesday