Short Film AuditionsFind:
Backstage's short film auditions span the entire country, and include a variety of interesting non-feature movie projects to apply for.
New short film auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Shoots Nov. 3-Dec. 5 (some weekdays and weekends, based on actor availability) in Connecticut.
- Auditions: Oct 23 in Hamden, CT
Casting a modern take on Edgar Allan Poe's classic, featuring a horror/mystery twist, or the Quinnipiac University Advanced Camera and Lighting class.yesterday
- Shoots early 2015 in Birmingham, AL. Producer states: "Depending on who is cast, this could be shot elsewhere."
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting "Know This." Producer states; "All Lauren knew that day was that her lover, Rachel, was taking her hiking in the woods for some kind of surprise. In a relationship that she's had difficulty fully accepting, Lauren's journey into the woods parallels with remembrances of where these difficulties have come ...yesterday
- Shoots three-to-four days, mid-November in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting a short film about a chance meeting and romance between two young men on New Year's Eve.yesterday
- Shoots Nov. 7-9 in NYC. Note: Actors must be available these dates.
- Auditions: Oct 22 in New York, NY
Casting a film for NYU, "Thank God It's Friday," in which The Man In the Suit is informed by a doctor he will die in three days and goes through a series of routines in his daily life prior to his scheduled "departure" on Sunday. Director states: "This is an ...yesterday
- Shoots November 2014-February 2015 in NYC, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.
- Auditions: Oct 25, 26 in New York, NY
Casting a narrative short, "Days of Dust," which journeys through the triumphs and falls of innocence from youth to adulthood. Director states: "It is a modern lyrical piece which will be visually magical and conceptually metaphysical."yesterday
- Shooting mid-November, in Philadelphia, PA.
- Auditions: Oct 27 in Philadelphia, PA
Casting an untitled short film. Project description: "Devastated by the loss of his wife to cancer, a man creates a world where he tracks down her anthropomorphized killer."yesterday
- Rehearsals begin this November; shoots Dec. 12-14 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting an independent horror short, "Lamia," which pays homage to and puts an original spin on the horror genre. Company states: "Set in Long Island, on a bleak rainy night."yesterday
- Shoots Nov. 21-23 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Heads Up," a short film for NYU that tells the story of a young professional poker player who faces off against the father who abandoned him in his youth during a million dollar winner take all poker match.Sunday
- Table read Oct. 28; rehearses Nov. 11; shoots Nov. 14-16 in L.A.
- Auditions: Oct 23 in Burbank, CA
Casting "Stuck in the Orchard," a short student film for Woodbury University. Synopsis: "Stuck in the Orchard" is a film centered around Emma, a fruit fly looking for love. Always being surrounded by her gay best friends, her luck with dating hasn't been the greatest. With her brother's wedding coming ...Sunday
- Rehearses Nov. 15 from 11 a.m.-3 p.m.; shoots Nov. 21-23 (possibly not 22) in NYC.
- Auditions: Nov 8 in New York, NY
Casting "Checkmate," a student film for NYU about the first day in the life of a man who has been exonerated. Left home alone, he's forced to face the murder that he was falsely convicted of the and the death of his wife.Sunday
- Rehearsal and shoot dates TBD, in L.A.
- Auditions: Oct 23 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Heavens Gate," a comedic student film that demonstrates a caregiver's daily routine, working at a nursing home.Thursday
- Rehearses late-Oct. 2014; shoots Nov. 2 in Sara D. Roosevelt Park in NYC.
- Auditions: Oct 21, 22 in New York, NY and Oct 24 in New York, NY
Casting "Relationship," a short student film for NYU about two women who try to bond over relating their experiences with a mutual ex-boyfriend.Sunday
- Shoots Oct. 27 in Acton, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Acton, CA; Santa Clarita, CA; Los Angeles, CA
Seeking Mexican/Latino background actors for "Grill Dog," an American Film Institute thesis production. Synopsis: "Grill Dog" is a coming-of-age story about two teenage brothers set out from their Mexican resort in search of a nude waterfall. Along the way they "liberate" a dog they believe is being abused, only to ...Sunday