Short Film AuditionsFind:
Backstage's short film auditions span the entire country, and include a variety of interesting non-feature movie projects to apply for.
New short film auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsing throughout October; shoots Nov. 7-9 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Thinking Inside the Box," an experimental student film focusing on how people think. Synopsis: As Adam lives an empty life of sadness and loneliness, he is driven to find a solution to his problems. After taking some pills that he believes will give him back some life, he is ...Monday
- Rehearses Oct. 9-10; shoots Oct. 21-26 (subject to change) in NYC
- Auditions: Oct 6 in New York, NY
Casting "Gniloy & Zhestokiy," a student film for NYFA that tells the story of the rebuilding of the friendship between two best friends: a mysterious writer, John, and a passionate detective, Mills. While John continues his shady lifestyle, Mills tries to find his sister's killer.Sep 22
- Rehearsal and production takes place between Dec. 17-Jan. 6 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Hotel Room," an NYU graduate short film project. Synopsis: An ensemble piece about connectivity, catalysts, and climate change, "Hotel Room" intertwines three narrative threads about people who inhabit a space together. Part choreographed fugue, part rhythmic narrative, this project will involve an installation, public performance, and will culminate in ...Monday
- Shoots four days (Thursday-Sunday) sometime in November in Los Angeles.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "A Good Woman" a film for UCLA which centers on Rhea, an Indian-American woman that is devalued by her husband and disconnected from her culture. After a failed suicide attempt, Rhea is left unable to speak and more oppressed by her husband than ever. After discovering her pregnancy and ...Monday
- Shooting October 3-6, in Philadelphia, PA.
- Seeking submissions from: Philadelphia, PA
Casting an untitled science fiction film. Project description: "About an underground revolutionary movement, bent on bringing down the New Republic Government."Monday
- Rehearses Oct. 6, 6-7:00 p.m.; shoots Oct. 7, 1:20-3:30 p.m. in NYC.
- Auditions: Oct 2 in New York, NY
Casting “Peter, Paul & Mary,” a student film about one couple, Peter and Mary, and their good friend Paul planning to try a threesome for the first time ever out in the jungle.Monday
- Shooting dates are TBD in Santa Fe, NM.
- Auditions: Oct 3 in Santa Fe, NM
Casting "Sponsored," a short film in the romance/drama genre, about people dealing with their addictions by attending Sex Addicts Anonymous.Monday
- Shoots Nov. 1 & 2 in Boston, MA.
- Seeking submissions from: Boston, MA
Casting "Margery," a student film for Emerson College about an elderly women seeking attention, who invites a seemingly unassuming young man into her home.Monday
- Shoot is scheduled for October 14-16, in NM.
- Seeking submissions from: Albuquerque, NM
Casting the short horror film, "Samael."Monday
- Shoots Nov. 14-25 in Three Oaks, MI.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting an untitled short film. Synopsis: In an attempt to achieve an iconic one-night-stand in a quiet, off-season beach town, bartender Samantha (22) struggles to nail Richard (49), her favorite regular.Monday
- Rehearses and shoots Winter 2014 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting "Glo in the City," a spinoff from the Tony Cobain web series, which follows the life of the therapist from the "Tony Cobain Show" as she adjusts to changes in New York City.Monday
- Shoot begins Oct. 10 for 2-3 weeks in FL.
- Auditions: Oct 4 in Winter Park, FL
Casting "Dishes (working title)" a short film in which a manipulative mother struggles with addiction and must make a drastic change in her lifestyle before she loses all that she has left.Monday