Short Film AuditionsFind:
Backstage's short film auditions span the entire country, and include a variety of interesting non-feature movie projects to apply for.
New short film auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Shoots March 18-27, in Dallas/Fort Worth, TX.
- Auditions: Feb 13 in Dallas, TX
Casting the independent short film, "Absorbed."Wednesday
- Shoots in late Feb. in Hollywood, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Hollywood, CA
Casting "Thirst Trap," a new short film. Synopsis: "Thirst Trap" is about a 21-year-old poet who works at the local recreation center and falls in love with a 15-year-old girl--forcing them to examine their taboo romance. This is a dreamy-looking valentine to forbidden love and dark desires.Wednesday
- Rehearses and shoots Feb. 26-Mar. 5 (one to two days' rehearsal; two to three days' shoot) in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Flowers for Ophelia," a short film. Synopsis: A lonely, stressed, and secretly romantic girl discovers a beautiful mysterious bouquet in her apartment. She, who has never received any flowers from anyone, starts her own investigation, which changes her entire life.Wednesday
- Shoots April 15-18, in Dallas/Fort Worth, TX.
- Seeking submissions from: Dallas, TX
Casting the independent short film, "The Bargain."Wednesday
- Rehearses (via Skype) in February; shoots mid-March in Dover, NH.
- Seeking submissions from: NH; MA; ME
Casting "The Photo and the Figure," a short, atmospheric horror film about a woman who explains to her boyfriend an ominous figure she witnessed. Half will be shot on 16mm black and white on a Bolex H16; the other half will be shot in color digitally with a Sony Alpha ...Tuesday
- Shoots Feb. 12 (afternoon; date and time are flexible) in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; Brooklyn, NY; Queens, NY
Casting "Tatiana," a short student film for NYU about a girl's lifetime journey into the world of voodoo and fortune-telling. Director states: "The introduction of the film, which we will be filming, is a short but necessary scene in a short film that may be submitted to various national and ...Tuesday
- Shoot begins April 2016 in the Gettysburg, PA area.
- Auditions: Feb 13 in Gettysburg, PA
Casting "Darkness," an intense horror movie short from the producers and writers of "Paranormal Retreat 1 & 2," "Realms," and "Under The Mill." Producer states: "This horror film has a twist that cannot be disclosed, but it is crazy."Tuesday
- Shooting two weekends in March and April in Hampton Roads, Virginia.
- Seeking submissions from: Virginia Beach, VA; Norfolk, VA; Portsmouth, VA; Hampton, VA; Newport News, VA; Richmond, VA; DC
Casting "Carmelita,"a short film being produced by the Spring 2016 Advanced Filmmaking class at Old Dominion University taught by David Mallin. The film tells the story of Calvin and Poppy, two teenagers in love, who buy a beat up 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air and grow closer by restoring it together. ...Tuesday
- Shoots Feb. 22 in Yonkers, NY.
- Auditions: Feb 9 in New York, NY
Casting "Shine," an evening at a planetarium enlightens more than a group of novice observers, it launches an expert stargazer into a brand new world of his own: human connections.Tuesday
- Rehearses Feb. 27. Production Dates: Tuesday, March 1 and Sunday, March 6. Location: Carteret, NJ. Must Have Full Day Availability.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "I Gotcha", a behind-the-scenes dark comedy revolving an on-set murder.Tuesday
- Rehearses early March: shoots Mar.11-13 in Brooklyn, NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Alone in the Afterwards," in which a man struggles against PTSD while he tries to reenter a world he no longer understands.Tuesday
- Shoots Mar. 25-28 in Los Angeles, CA.
- Auditions: Feb 6 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Black Unicorn," a project assignment is using material based on an existing film.Tuesday