Short Film AuditionsFind:
Backstage's short film auditions span the entire country, and include a variety of interesting non-feature movie projects to apply for.
New short film auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Shooting in New York city, over the night of Saturday - Sunday, June 6 - 7th. One rehearsal will be scheduled individually for the fight scenes.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Jayden Jaxon, an intergalactic bounty hunter, teams up with ex-cop Mac Cole to chase down a murderous psychopath worth more money than they’d know what to do with back on their home planet, Earth. At the same time, Jayden must face the demons from his past that try to haunt ...6 hours ago
- To be determined
- Seeking submissions from: Baltimore, MD; Washington, DC; NY
A comedic mockumenatry about a college student, who grew up with something kids grow out of before they are adults.13 hours ago
- Auditions: May 30, 2015 @ 1:00 – 4:00 PM May 31, 2015 @ 1:00 – 4:00 PM (Please note all auditions will be given a specific time within this window) Rehearsals: June 6, 2015 @ 1:00 – 4:00 PM June 12, 2015 @ 6:00 – 7:00 PM Shooting Date: June 13, 2015
- Seeking submissions from: Montreal, QC
“The Adolescent Nine” follows ELLY, a quiet high-school senior, who finds out she’s pregnant. Scared and with nowhere else to go, she seeks help from an unlikely friend: her chemistry teacher, HARLAN.14 hours ago
- 3 Rehearsals in Los Angeles and shoot in July.
- Seeking submissions from: Los angeles, CA
The Flying Beard MFA Thesis film. Fantasy-Comedy looking for actors. Synopsis: Pedro a field worker find out he's capable to fly and has to hide it from his mean boss Frank and his coworker Abel. Pedro will have to decide if he stay grounded or if he flies.14 hours ago
- Filming will take place in Atlanta, GA and Miami, FL
- Auditions: May 24 in Dania Beach, FL
Casting for lead roles for "Life Without Hope" new independent short film distributed via Netflix.15 hours ago
- Rehearses and shoots mid- to late May in the metro-Detroit area of Michigan.
- Seeking submissions from: Detroit, MI
Casting the female lead in a dramatic short film, "InTow."yesterday
- No rehearsals required. We will be shooting over two days in June 2015.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
This is a short film about a couple struggling to raise a son with behavioral problems. The story will be told through still photos and voice overs, so no acting will be required, just modeling.yesterday
- Filming Mid-June near Washington D.C.
- Seeking submissions from: Washington, DC; Annandale, VA; Fairfax County, VA
Casting a short film about youth, love, and fishing.yesterday
- Shoots in late June in LA.
- Auditions: Jun 5 in Los Angeles, CA
“Rooms” is a gritty crime drama that takes place over the course of one night at a rundown motel in the early 1990s. In three of the rooms, we find our main storylines: bank robbers discovering that they have stolen more than they had bargained for, a teenage track star ...yesterday
- Shoots in Aug. in L.A. Note: Dates are tentative and subject to change.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting "The Girlfriend," a short film. Synopsis: Waverly, a young woman in love, attempts an unimaginable sacrifice in order to pursue a romantic relationship. Producer states: "This is a very bold and experimental short film that requires a significant emotional investment. It also requires that you be open to an ...yesterday
- Shoots May 24 in Baldwin Park, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Baldwin Park, CA; Pasadena, CA; Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Drama", a short comedy scene, one-page script. The story is about a girl crying and calling her friend because of a TV show.yesterday
- Shoots late June and/or beginning of July in San Francisco, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: San Francisco, CA
Casting "Barge" a short film which is a character study, a social critique, and a subjective take on loneliness, social anxiety, and love. Logline: An anxious and self-deprecating millennial goes to a party to assess the damages of his doomed relationship with love as a substitute for a life meaning.yesterday