Student Film AuditionsFind:
Extras Casting Film Crew Jobs
Backstage's student film auditions include casting for a variety of student projects at schools in New York, Los Angeles, and all across the country.
If you're interested in auditioning for a student film, you can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox- find the audition you want today with Backstage.
- Shoot May 19-26 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: Queens, NY
Casting "How Do You Live With Yourself?," a film about a guy, Damien, struggling with strong depression. He meets a young woman (Caroline) who helps him in his fight against his depression.Saturday
- Shoots March & April (one-three days for most roles) in Atlanta, GA.
- Seeking submissions from: TN; GA; AL; SC; FL
Casting "Litany," an espionage drama film addressing issues of relationships, trust, and the fear of home-grown terrorism.Saturday
- Shoots Mar. 27-29 in NYC. Note: Female roles only need to be available for one day. Male roles might be needed for one-two days, but most likely just one.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Pick Up," a short student film. Synopsis: For two brothers, a game of basketball in the park becomes something more.Saturday
- Shoot dates TBD.
- Seeking submissions from: Philadelphia, PA; New York, NY
Casting "Friends of Rome," a tale of friendship and traditional conservative family values that is deeply rooted in faith of the holy trinity. Threatening this foundation is their "Ambition In Corporate America" to conquer the world around them.Saturday
- Rehearses at the end of March; shoots Apr. 4th, 7th, 11th in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; New York, NY
Casting "Looking for the Little Prince," a student film for the School of Visual Arts. Synopsis: The film is about an innocent boy from another planet who feels a strong connection between himself and the Little Prince when he first hears of him from a painter, and starts on his ...Friday
- Rehearses Mar. 24 (2:10 p.m.) at Biola University in La Mirada, CA; shoots Mar. 27 in the L.A. area.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Stage Presence," a short student film for Biola University. Synopsis: A vocalist for a band stands outside, behind the venue because he's nervous about performing for label execs. The band's guitarist has to convince him to perform.Friday
- Shoots Apr. 17 & 18 in NYC.
- Auditions: Mar 28, 29 in New York, NY and Mar 28, 29 in New York, NY
Casting "Break," a short student film for the School of Visual Arts. Synopsis: "Break" is the story of a jazz pianist who forgets how to play after a car crash. His whole life changes after the event.Friday
- Runs Apr. 11, 18, & 25 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking 16 participants for Reel Simple Comedy Content Class in which teams of three to four will create and edit one to three minutes of comedy content with a smart phone or tablet within three weeks. Students will walk away with original filmed content that they brainstorm, shot by teacher ...Friday
- Shoots early-mid April 2015 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: NY
Casting "Eyeing," a student experimental POV film for SUNY Purchase about venturing through an unwelcoming metropolitan area in the midst of uncanny sensory occurrences.Friday
- Rehearsals begin on March 29th in Lower Manhattan; test shoot Apr. 7; final shoot June 16-23 in NYC.
- Auditions: Mar 28 in New York, NY
Casting a film for the New York Film Academy, "Two Worlds," a young, disillusioned astrophysicist, ill-at-ease in modern society, who tries to find a portal to another world and wants to communicate with its inhabitants. Much to his surprise, one of them appears in his apartment.Friday
- Shoots Apr. 22-29, 2015 in NYC.
- Auditions: Mar 29 in New York, NY
Casting "Empty Window," a short student thesis film supervised by the Oscar-winning director Susan Seidelman ("Desperately Seeking Susan" & "Empty Window") and inspired by the photographer Merry Alpern’s "Dirty Window" and the composer Alexandre Desplat’s soundtrack in "Lust, Caution." Synopsis: A successful commercial photographer, Shane, runs out of inspiration. Despite ...Friday
- Shoots June 2015 for two days in Tallahassee, FL.
- Seeking submissions from: Tallahassee, FL
Casting "Aspie," a student film for FSU about an eccentric young woman with Asperger’s syndrome who tries to fit into society, but finds her attempts thwarted by her lack of social grace.Friday