Student Film AuditionsFind:
Extras Casting Film Crew Jobs
Backstage's student film auditions include casting for a variety of student projects at schools in New York, Los Angeles, and all across the country.
If you're interested in auditioning for a student film, you can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox- find the audition you want today with Backstage.
- Shoots Dec. 28, 2015-Jan. 10, 2016 in Morro Bay, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Morro Bay, CA; San Luis Obispo, CA; Arroyo Grande, CA; Santa Maria, CA; Atascadero, CA
Casting "The Next Step," a RISD senior thesis film. Synopsis: A young Latin/Hispanic girl must come to terms with her brother's disability or remain stuck in her imaginary world. Director states: "From filming in a real submarine to filming on sailboat, this promises to to be an exciting production inspired ...Nov 21
- Rehearses Dec. 2015; shoots Jan. 2016 at a designated soundstage in Austin, TX.
- Auditions: Dec 4, 5 in Austin, TX
Casting "Echo," a paranormal comedy short film about a couple that hunts frauds of the supernatural in the late 80s. This is a student production, with the possible chance of it being posted on YouTube.Nov 21
- Shoots Dec. 11-13 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Cinématique," a student film for NYU. Synopsis: A disillusioned man rabbit-holes himself into the fantastic world of cinema.Nov 20
- Records Dec. 4-6 (based on actors availability) in NYC.
- Auditions: Dec 3 in New York, NY
Casting "Murder at Dinner," a three-minute audio drama for NYU. Synopsis: "Murder at Dinner" is a comedic take on mystery/crime shows. A murder is committed and the culprit is found quickly with the help of a famous police officer/detective.Nov 20
- Shoots Dec. 4 in the Queens section of NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: Queens, NY; New York, NY
Casting "All Alone," a short film showcasing an example of how being home alone can make the mind go crazy.Nov 20
- Shoots Dec. 5-6, 12-13 in the L.A. area.
- Seeking submissions from: Anaheim, CA; Buena Park, CA; Costa Mesa, CA; Irvine, CA; Fullerton, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Orange, CA; Newport Beach, CA; Santa Ana, CA; Laguna Beach, CA
Casting "Unveiled," a student film. Synopsis: In a society where wearing a paper bag is the norm, one man discovers what it means to experience freedom.Nov 20
- Shoots Jan. 30-31 and February 6-7 in Madison and Morristown, NJ.
- Auditions: Dec 5, 6 in Madison, NJ
Casting "Man's Best," in which cynical best man Darren rediscovers his belief in love to get the absent minded groom down the aisle.Nov 20
- Rehearses late December/early January; shoots Jan. 8-10 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Metamorphosis," a short film that is being produced as a capstone project for Directing Class as part of Columbia University MFA Program. The film will be seen and critiqued by Prof. Ramin Bahrani (the award-winning director of "Man Push Cart," "Goodbye Solo," "Chop Shop," and "99Homes"). Synopsis: Maria, 30s, ...Nov 20
- Shooting November 30 & December 3, in OH.
- Seeking submissions from: Cleveland, OH
Casting the feature film, "The Bye Bye Man." Project description: "The story centers on three Wisconsin college students who come up against the sinister titular character."Nov 20
- Classes will be held Apr. 3, 10, 17, May 1, 8, 15, 22, and June 5 with a June 12 final showcase (11 a.m.- 1 p.m.) in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: NY; NJ; CT
Seeking participants for a 7-week pre-professional on-camera class focusing on nailing dramatic on-camera auditions. Participation is by audition only and class is limited to 14 students. Artistic director states: "The focus of this 7-week course is geared toward young actors, ages 12-18, interested in learning techniques to make their dramatic ...Nov 20
- Shoot dates TBD based on project in NYC. Ongoing shoot dates across concurrent year-long conservatory programs and short-term workshops.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; NJ; CT
Seeking actors interested in being added to the New York Film Academy Actor Database. Casting Director states: "At the New York Film Academy, we encourage our students to cast talented, professional actors for their short film projects. Our film students are passionate storytellers from around the world. Many students and ...Nov 20
- Shoots weekends of Feb. 6-7, 13-14, 20-21, 27-28, and March 5-6 in New Haven, CT. Not all roles are needed all dates.
- Auditions: Dec 5, 6, 13 in New York, NY
Casting "The Audition," a senior thesis film for Quinnipiac University. Synopsis: Stellan, a struggling violinist on the verge of being evicted, lands an audition with a popular string quartet. However, their fourth musician has always been found murdered or has gone missing.Nov 20