Student Film AuditionsFind:
Extras Casting Film Crew Jobs
Backstage's student film auditions include casting for a variety of student projects at schools in New York, Los Angeles, and all across the country.
If you're interested in auditioning for a student film, you can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox- find the audition you want today with Backstage.
- Shoots Nov. 8-10 in Brooklyn, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: NY, NY
Casting "Stranger, Bear Word to the Spa."Oct 11
- Rehearsal dates TBD; shoots Nov. 15-16 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Mr. Landlord," a student short film. Synopsis: A diabolical and prudish landlord who derives pleasure from evicting people accidentally falls in love with one of his tenants, causing him to go insane.Oct 09
- Rehearses Oct. 28 & Nov. 2; shoots Nov. 4, 8, & 9 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "The Nutbox," an experimental narrative of a "therapy session" held in a karaoke studio in Chinatown that follows two peculiar individuals on their interactions and conversations, exploring the themes of confinements while embracing the randomness of life.Oct 11
- Shoots Nov. 14-16 with additional shoot dates in March or April 2015 in the L.A. area.
- Auditions: Oct 25 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "The Listening Box," a student short film for Chapman University. Synopsis: A smart, compassionate Catholic priest helps a savvy young woman search for her missing sister, setting a chain of events in motion that not only affect the lives of his parishioners but also test his own sense of ...Oct 10
- Rehearsal dates TBD (flexible); shoots Nov. 22 (set date) in NYC.
- Auditions: Oct 24 in New York, NY
Casting "Dreamland," an NYU student film. Synopsis: Dreamland is a world that was created by a couple, Jules and Kyle, that can only be visited when they’re asleep. They have recently broken up, but they are still linked and have return to their world. They cannot leave the world until ...Oct 09
- Rehearsal dates TBD; shoots Nov. 14-16 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York City, NY
Casting "Klaus," a student film. Synopsis: "Klaus" is a Christmas thriller that explores the creation of a legend. When Jack, a veteran mall Santa, can't take any more nasty children hopping up onto his lap, he creates an evil version of Santa Claus in hopes of balancing the naughty and ...Oct 09
- Shoots late October-early November (tentative) in Westchester, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Terrible Things," a student film in progress. Synopsis: The film is about a father warning his son about the dangers of love.Oct 10
- Shoots Oct. 25-26 in Matawan, NJ.
- Seeking submissions from: Matawan, NJ
Casting "Uncle Dave," a student short film for Montclair State University. Synopsis: Eric, 22, inherits his late uncle's fortune and home and becomes motivated when he befriends a young homeless man in his neighborhood.Oct 09
- Rehearsals begin mid-November; principal photography begins early December in Hyde Park, NY.
- Auditions: Oct 28 in New York, NY
Casting "Betel," a student film for SUNY Purchase. Synopsis: For generations, the kids in the town of Greenfields have played, explored, and told stories in dedication to Betel, a dying star.The night Katy Woodland and her neighbor “Camel” Jennings were finally going to join in, she passed away. What’s worse: ...Oct 09
- Agent Day is Oct. 26 (3-4:30 p.m.); Casting Director Day is Nov. 9 (3-4:30 p.m.). Both workshops are at Pearl Studios, 500 8th Ave., NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; West Orange, NJ; Hartford, CT
Seeking participants for Broadway Kids Auditions' (BKA) agent and casting director master classes for the months of October and November. Owners state: "We strive to provide amazing guest teachers who work with children professionally." Oct. 26 is "Agent Day." Owners state: "We will be hosting a very reputable agent for ...Oct 09
- Shoots early-mid December in Washington D.C.
- Seeking submissions from: NY; DC; CT; ME; NH; MA; RI; NJ; DE; MD; VA
Casting "Blush," a NYU grad film about a young college freshman who tries to adjust to the ups and downs of college life.Oct 09