Student Film AuditionsFind:
Extras Casting Film Crew Jobs
Backstage's student film auditions include casting for a variety of student projects at schools in New York, Los Angeles, and all across the country.
If you're interested in auditioning for a student film, you can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox- find the audition you want today with Backstage.
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 2015; shoots tentatively March 14-22 in NYC.
- Auditions: Dec 20, 21 in New York, NY
Casting "The Refuse," an NYU thesis film that's a charming character-driven ensemble piece. This quirky coming-of-age tale is in the vein of "Little Miss Sunshine" and "Juno." Synopsis: Sardonic teenager Jayne robs her landlord to run away with her boyfriend Nick and escape her young single mom and dysfunctional quasi-family ...Dec 07
- Shoots Feb. 15, 21 & 28, 2015 in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Auditions: Jan 17 in Pittsburgh, PA
Casting "Piespeak," a coming of age comedy about a boy named Joshua who wants to break the world record for the fastest time to say every kind of pie in the world to prove that everyone has something they are better at than everyone else.Dec 07
- Shooting in winter, in Providence, RI.
- Seeking submissions from: Providence, RI
Casting the RISD student film, "Holiday Spirit." Project description: "When a family patriarch dies in a freak accident just before the Christmas holiday, four distant relatives gather on a snowy night to read his last will and testament."Dec 06
- Shooting in February 2015, in Philadelphia, PA.
- Seeking submissions from: Philadelphia, PA
Casting the student film, "The Theory." Project description: "The story follows a young girl, Ava, who was involved in a DUI that killed a pedestrian."Dec 06
- Shooting January 2015, in MA.
- Seeking submissions from: Boston, MA
Casting the MFA thesis film, "Underside." Project description: "About an unemployed middle-aged man living out of his car and his struggle to keep his situation secret as he visits his family over the holidays."Dec 06
- Rehearses Jan. 2015; shoots late Jan.-early Feb. 20 in Providence, RI.
- Seeking submissions from: Providence, RI
Casting "Holiday Spirit", a murder mystery set on Christmas Eve. When a family patriarch dies in a freak accident just before the Christmas holiday, four distant relatives gather on a snowy night to read his last will and testament. However, as the evening progresses, the four encounter a ghostly presence ...Dec 06
- Shoots Dec. 6, 8:00 a.m. in NY.
- Seeking submissions from: New York City, NY
Seeking actors for an NYU sketch featuring a variety of suited men handing off a confidential suitcase.Dec 05
- Rehearses the second weekend of January (in addition to possible Skype rehearsals); shoots Jan. 23-25 and Jan. 30-Feb. 1 in Savannah, GA.
- Seeking submissions from: Savannah, GA; Charleston, SC; Atlanta, GA; Orlando, FL; Miami, FL; DC; New Orleans, LA; Hilton Head, SC; New York, NY; Philadelphia, PA
Casting "Twenty/Twenty," a comedic short student film that follows Emma the day after a one night stand as she navigates the awkward and unfamiliar world of casual sex.Dec 02
- Rehearses in February 2015; shoots Feb. 24-Mar. 8 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Tenebrae," a film for NYU. Synopsis: "Tenebrae" is a supernatural horror and adventure film, centering around a young man named Gabriel who discovers an inter-dimensional being posing as a drug lord in the Bronx. Gabriel searches for the truth of this creature, while getting himself and his friends caught ...Dec 05
- Shoots Jan. 2-17 in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; Vancouver, BC
Casting "Sweet Thunder," a short film about the last selfish attempt of the all-American hero to save the day and get the girl, only this time he finds his bravado and ego are the cause of all his problems instead of the solution... Synopsis: In high school Abe had it ...Dec 05
- Rehearsal dates TBD at RISD Auditorium, Blue Studio, 18 North Main St., Providence, RI; shoot dates to be finalized upon casting (roughly mid-January to early February 2015, Sat. & Sun. only) in Providence and Cranston, RI.
- Auditions: Dec 20, 21 in Providence, RI
Casting "Youth," a short student film for RISD based on true events that occurred in Providence, Rhode Island in 1993. The story unfolds through the eyes of a seven-year-old Puerto Rican boy from a low-income family.Dec 05